How Are My Fellow New Starters Doing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Butterfly
    on

JCH187, I emailed tech support and they said it was their spam filter being a bit overzealous so they approved the posts and altered something so that my posts should appear without any further problems 😊

• posted by Loren
    on

Hello Everyone, finished week 3 on Monday. End of the week was really hard – what I would have given for chocolate or a large glass of prosecco (looking at the posts I should have had one!) but weighed myself and found I had lost another 3lbs! Joy! Admittedly my diet has become a little boring A pot of M&S cauliflower and chickpea harrisa salad is great for lunch (£3 for two pots) at work – but maybe everyday for a week is excessive. i have been trying different fizzy waters as they feel more like a “treat”. Missing spicy food and variety so may try a chicken curry tomorrow and look through the recipe thread too. Clothes are feeling more comfortable and I dont feel bloated Have particularly noticed my shoes feel bigger (weird I know)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I’ve been using lots of chillis – with stir fry baby veg, in frittata, in my scrambled eggs and so on.

M&S has done some wonderful salmon skewers in Jamaican Jerk style and also in lime and chilli. They do chicken versions too which are small enough for lunch.

My favourite dinner is baby spinach, small no of baby plum tomatoes, a little seared courgette then a full portion of chilli and coriander king prawns, and the salmon skewers. I know it’s a bit expensive but cor it’s lovely. Lots of fat and protein and hardly any carbs.

Tonight no prawns so seared the courgette with some halloumi. Mmmmmm

• posted by GrannyR
    on

Butterlover, how much meat should I be eating? Your posts are very useful, thank you.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Week 3 is not my week. I feel iller than usual, more brain fogs than before starting the diet, difficulty passing much despite drinking plenty of water and 2 coffees daily. My legs are often painful, tired or tingly. And I gained weight.

• posted by muriel66
    on

Hi everyone … Into week 2 and going ok … It’s so rewarding seeing the loss daily . it’s going to be worth it …
    Just out of curiosity , on this thread people are saying they are not losing it quick enough .. Just a thought if you don’t have much to lose will it take longer like regular dieting .. That last stubborn kgs/lbs are harder ??

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi GrannyR .I was measuring the meat portion at about the size of the palm of my hand.When I got the scales I found that two very small lamb chops were 200 calories and I usually eat at least 3.So now I’m more conscious to weigh and measure. I’m not following the recipes in the book exactly,rather using them as a guide.But I also found that I was underestimating portions for fish.That’s presuming the scale is calculating correctly.Im enjoying trying to eat things which are part of the famly meals just missing the carbs add extra protein and Veggies
    Hi Baristagirls.I hope you are feeling better, If not you might want to see your doctor,its possible that your illness is not related to the diet and you have something else wrong.cheers to all

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Butterlover, thanks for the advice, since this morning I have been having revelations that it is probably candida die-off as I have/had candida very badly and have probably shocked it with this diet. I am going to try cocunut oil to see if this helps and if anyone else has advice or experience I’d be interested to hear. Still rather puzzled about the weight gain though.

• posted by JCH187
    on

Well week 3 was a mixed week for me, another 2lbs lost but really wanted cake!

This week has been stressful at work and I’ve been thinking about food a lot, I opted for some strawberries and cream instead of cake and that seemed to do the trick! I’m also not sleeping well and the tiredness has left me wanting a quick energy boost. I’m sure this phase will pass.

How is everyone else doing?

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello JCH187, keep going – I hope the stage will pass too. When I weighed Friday I had lost a total of 12lb 8oz in just under 3 weeks but had a rather bad weekend so feel scared to weigh myself before midweek at the earliest!

• posted by StephLamb
    on

Hi
    I started last Tuesday. Loved the first few days, but then had a wedding to go to. I had ordered quite well considering I didn’t know about this diet before I had to preorder. I had porridge yesterday for breakfast – I know that is not ideal, but I was on my way to work on a polo yard mucking out 8, which only takes a few hours, but on the occasion when we have a drama it has been tea time before I get home and see food again, so a bit of a “hedge your bets” breakfast. It does see me through to lunch time and I don’t have too much (the dogs think it is their right to share!) Yesterday we had a roast dinner, and I omitted the roast potatoes, which was hard, but I didn’t suffer too much! Today I am totally back on track and enjoying my jewelled pepper salad. We are having a vegan supper tonight with the son’s girlfriend. Courgette spaghetti with tomato sauce as per the book. I am not finding eating the food and portions hard at all, I just need extra time to plan and make things from scratch. I am not a ready meal person, but could share the cooking with the family. That is fine as long as I plan and buy everything. Otherwise pasta and potatoes will be on the menu! No more you decide what we want for supper!

• posted by sandals
    on

Week three finished with another 5lbs off, so feeling pleased as only lost 1lb last week. I find I’m getting a bit more relaxed about food now. I’ve stopped measuring things because I know my potion sizes have definitely reduced and have eaten more veggies in the last three weeks than the rest of my life!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Im back from 10days in Singapore . I managed to eat quite well but I did not stick to the diet,I did discover that I don’t really enjoy sweet stuff now.I stayed in an apartment so I did make eggs for breakfast and get some salad stuff from the supermarket. I gained 2KG and my fasting BGL was a round 6. After 1 week back on the diet ,Iost 2KG and BGL is 5.4.I walked a lot while away as well as swimming.Now its really cold and I am not doing any exercise.Overall, I’m happy because I know that I can stay on the diet indefinitely.I can eat mostly what the family has but no potatoes, rice ,bread etc..I will need to be abit more strict with potion sizes.
    Hows everyone else doing?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Butterlover
    Sounds like you have it nailed! Great result to be back where you were in just one week. I was away for a ten weeks, mainly in Turkey and gained just under three pounds. Have been back on the BSD for three days and have lost half of that. Sticking to the plan really doesn’t take too much effort and even without exercise good things seem to happen.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi SunnyB
    I’m glad you enjoyed your trip. I think taking a break has renewed my determination and enthusiasm,sounds like you are doing well.
    I noticed some people are only weighing weekly. I weigh every morning on rising then do a BGL before coffee and I find it helps me to plan my meals. Today I lost 0 .3 of a kg so I know the extra meat that I had last night was too much and I set the goal to be more strict. That was going well,until I had a stressful event,old habits emerged and was looking for food,any food.I was out so I had a coffee Latte and a small brioche bun .Managed a good dinner but felt hungry later so ate two slices of havarti cheese. I thought I was being good to not have crackers, Then weighed the cheese, two slices. 190 calories.oops Note to self, weigh first, eat second.its all a learning curve.This is the first diet on normal food that has worked for me so I am not discouraged, I will keep going till I loose 10kg and My BGL is below 5 .Does anyone else set daily goals?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Butterlover

There is no problem in checking each morning except that weight varies by at least a kilo up and down depending on your body. And if you get “hooked” on weight, then the plateaux which do occur can be really discouraging.

I found that my weight wasn’t moving but I could see I was slimmer and clothes started fitting/feeling loose.

So my recommendation is to treat weight alongside measurements and don’t allow yourself to depend on weight losses because they may stop/slow down during the 8 weeks.

Keep looking at clothes!

Hope that helps.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Butterlover & Igorasusual
    I weigh daily and it helps me stay focused on the task at hand. I agree about the clothes though. While I was away, I used a pair of cropped trousers to help keep measure how I was doing. Historically, I had had to leave the top button undone, but for the duration – and still – the button does up and is comfortable.
    I had done seven weeks on the 800 before I went away for ten weeks, now I’m starting again, having gained 2.8lb during the ten weeks and hoping to drop that and more – eventually.

• posted by GrannyR
    on

I started and then went off to Greece. Although I had weighed myself once while away I wasn’t too sure how accurate the scales were. 6 weeks since I weighed in on my scales and I’ve lost 6lbs!! I know it’s not a huge amount but I’m really pleased. I lost 14lbs from Easter last year until May this year and found it very hard. So when I started this diet I didn’t have a huge amount to lose, ideally another 14lbs…but I’ve set my first target at 10lbs…if I get there it will be the first time since 2000! If I get to 14lbs lost then that will be the first time since 1992!! I want to move from frumpy, plumpy granny to a more slimline one. While away I walked or did yoga each day, had virtually no bad carbs, eg bread and potatoes, pasta etc, and reduced the amount of fruit I usually eat. Also I stuck to 2 meals a day…a late breakfast or early lunch where I kept the calories and amount right down and then dinner in the evening. My husband was there for the last 12 days so my alcohol consumption went up!!! And we were eating out. The first almost 3 weeks I ate in and could monitor my intake more easily. Then friends arrived and I had a week of eating out most nights. I now have only 4lbs to go to my first target weight…. Feeling very positive now. This way of eating really works for me, I hope that I can keep it up now I’m home and cooking for 2.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Can hardly believe we’re on the first day of week 7. One of the reasons I like this diet is that if I’ve eaten badly, I look forward to eating properly again because I don’t feel great! 🙂

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone ,Well Done GrannyR great to hear about your success.
    I had a bad day,its really cold here and I did some comfort eating.Its a shame as my BGL was low today but I didn’t lose any weight, Some of my clothes are looser and I did need to add elastic to my jeans waistband.so thanks for your advice SunnyB
    Comments from Baristagirls are so timely.I will start again tomorrow to eat properly, I’m planning to stick to 800 for 4 weeks then review..It seems that just when I think I have it under control, Life happens and I need to start again.so be it. Thanks everyone for posts .Im finding it really helpfull cheers all

Please log in or register to post a reply.