Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That’s brilliant Avila! This way of eating is working miracles for so many people. I’m so pleased for those of you who have (or had!) to rely on medication and are able to reduce it and even stop it πŸ˜€

• posted by Frog
    on

they’re not overly spicy – but not too bland either. I’ve also been eating a yogurt coleslaw from waitrose that is really tasty – and wet enough that you can have it with a whole pile of spinach or other leaves and not need any dressing. – Again, I could probably make that myself…
    the T shirts – more 16s than 14s – BUT THEY ALL FIT – trousers sort of go on and do up – but definitely too small right now – but all the calves are big enough!!!!
    Have lost count of the number of pairs of trousers I’ve tried on where I never get as far as seeing whether the body part of them fit, because my feet go through the leg holes, but the legs are too tight to fit my calves. Not any more πŸ™‚

Avila – I was on blood pressure meds for a while a few years back – but it turned out the high blood pressure was caused by meds for something else – just needed a sensible consultant to assess all of the meds together and say that if I stopped taking Med A, I wouldn’t have side effect B, and that would mean that I didn’t need Med C – and so it went on. Good luck with your GP visit, I hope that goes well.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yayyy Frog! I remember now, so much has been covered in this thread since June, you’re the other one with the calves (sorry, that sounds terrible!). I haven’t tried the boots on for about 4 weeks, I’ll do that before bed… Haven’t measured myself for a few weeks either, come to think of it. Haven’t bothered with yo-yoing those couple of kilos after my breaks away, but that doesn’t mean my body shape hasn’t changed, does it?

Oooh I’ll look out for that too, I like the idea of yogurt coleslaw, probably much lower in calorie. There’s so much stuff in Waitrose it’s hard to know what to buy, so I appreciate endorsements.

• posted by Frog
    on

lots of online recipes for yoghurt coleslaw on line – the first I found had honey in it, but the others didn’t, The Jamie Oliver one used mustard and olive oil with the yoghurt, but another one just added tahini paste – I guess tahini has some oil in it.

quite a few for vegetable fritters too, and TBH, not that different to the vegetable frittatas that I made loads of when I started BSD and first got my spiraliser.

Just been through two shelves full of trousers that were too small – most have passed their window already! A couple of pairs are wearable. Its odd – I usually just see if the waist fits, but they all feel weirdly baggy around my hips and tops of my legs.

• posted by Frog
    on

Congratulations Gavin, just spotted your post from earlier – that’s brilliant
    and tiggy looks lovely

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Nursebean – I forgot to ask, did your training day go well?

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

So today is 6 weeks on the BSD. I will have a full update on my blog on Monday, along with photos of all the meals, and other bits πŸ™‚

So headline figures at 6 weeks.

Weight loss is 2st 3lbs. I now weigh 19st 7lbs. I have lost just over 10% of my start weight. Blood pressure is totally normal today. Blood sugars are normal too. No neck or waist changes.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Gavin- that;s fab, well done – that’s loads in six weeks.
    From your blogs there’s going to be loads of super thin gadget geeks around very soon!

Is that no waist or neck changes overall with that weight loss – or just in the last few days?
    I only measure monthly – but often find that although a measurement hasn’t changed, I’m wearing smaller clothes – I guess when you’re smaller but still kind of at the “which bit is actually my waist?”stage, it’s a bit of a movable feast.

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Thanks Frog

No waist and neck changes since last week. Overall its 4 inches on the waist and 2.5 inches on the neck.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Gavin, I’ve been up for about 45 minutes waiting for you to post because I wouldn’t have posted mine until tomorrow if you’d been disappointed today. HUGE well done on not only achieving your goal, but topping it by an extra pound too! Despite reading the book and seeing ‘case studies’ in there with huge weight losses, did you ever think that it would be you so soon into the plan? 6 weeks? Madness. Brilliant. Absolutely wonderful news to kick the thread off today πŸ™‚ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I am going to add to it too!

I really don’t know what is going on with me this last couple of days. I am down another 0.7 kg today, making 2.7 kg over the last three mornings alone. I am more excited about this morning’s weigh in than I have any other, almost to the point of feeling quite emotional about it, because I really thought I was going to have to work for this one. Four days ago I was bemoaning the fact that I’d still need to lose another kilo to get me to pre-holiday weight, and yet now, I’ve already reached it and smashed it.

Week 12, Day 1. I am FOURTEEN stone 13 lbs. I am in my fourth stone bracket since starting in June. I am 4 lbs away from losing three stone. I’m not putting a time restraint on it because I’ve had weeks of yo-yoing and disappointment, but then I’ve lost 5lbs in the last three days, so it’s obviously not undoable either by this time next week. We’ll see. But still. 14 stone something I am now. Unbelievable…

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning Frog, we’ve noticed this, Mr Lucky and I. Despite sometimes the measurements (specifically hips and waist) being either the same, or in some cases an inch higher than last time, when we’ve studied the underwear pictures (cringe…) you can clearly see that things are lifting upwards and changing our shape. I totally get what you’re saying and can second that πŸ™‚

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril Gavin delighted for you

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Congrats everyone on your weigh ins. Gav – no celebratory fish and chips this week though please!!

Lucky, I think your stage 2 relaxed attitude to eating and the new found trust in yourself to know how much and what is ok is paying off! This is how I live nowadays and it’s great!

Hope everyone has a great Bank Holiday weekend whatever you are doing πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Ž

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Janey πŸ™‚ Yes, I feel so less ‘wound up’ now, it’s amazing. It’s renewed my zeal for this way of eating, for sure, whereas a few days ago I was feeling meh, and *this* close to pigging out on junk food.

I have put a new blog post up – with pictures, if anyone’s interested… I am cringeing as I type this because I don’t publish pictures of me often, I don’t even have photos taken of me if I can help it, but I was just so stunned by the physical difference in not just me but Mr Lucky in the space of 3 months, that I figured, I should be proud of it and show it off πŸ™‚ Be gentle if any of you look, taken me a lot of guts to do it, still a long, long way to go yet…

No plans except cleaning. It. Never. Ends. Enjoy your weekend. Take the ironing board πŸ˜‰ You might get something done while you’re there πŸ˜€

http://luckymanekibsd.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/bsd-800-update-with-pictures.html

• posted by Imogen
    on

Brilliant weight loss Gavin, πŸ‘πŸ†10% !!
    Lucky, fantastic another stone bracket reachedπŸ™‹πŸ‘πŸŽΆ
    Frog, shrinking dailyπŸ’πŸ‘great result on the new tops and especially the trousers!
    In fact congratulations to everyone on their great BSD achievements – brilliant!!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Lucky, you’re looking great in your photo!!!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thank you Imogen πŸ™‚ If someone had told me 11 weeks ago that I would be 14 stone something in August this year, I’d have laughed in their face! Or burst into tears at their cruelty, one of the two πŸ™‚ Thank you for your comment about my photo too. It’s one of the best photos I have of me in recent times. I scrub up ok, don’t I? Hee hee.

• posted by Frog
    on

Wow Lucky – that’s brilliant, you both look amazing

• posted by Izzy
    on

Lovely pic Lucky πŸ™‚ You have done great!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Doing the happy dance for you GAVIN..you wanted 2 st2 and you got 2 st3 ! Well done xxxx!πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» and high fives! X ( and isnt LUCKY a sweetheart not posting til you did!) xx down into another stone bracket Lucky..another mimi goal checked off! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LUCKY wow! What a transformation in size for you both!
    But the same Lucky fabulous smile,beautiful hair and lovely face in both pics!
    Lovely outfits too! You both scrub up so well! X

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Just completed crazy long hike across Dartmoor. My 3 dogs are pooped. So am I πŸ™‚

This is near the start of the walk, about 30 mins into it at South Hessary Tor

South Hessary Tor with the Hounds of Dartmoor #SamsungNote7

Hey Lucky, that was considerate of you to think about delaying your post! I was enjoying a poached egg with low carb toast instead of my shake. I think I am going to ditch the shake and do the egg/toast for breakfast. Of course I have a gadget for perfect eggs πŸ™‚

And a big well done celebration for you. The photo difference is crazy different!!!

Thanks greenjanet.

Janey – I sneaked a burger and chips in for lunch, but I have also done 20,000 steps already today.

Thanks Imogen .

Thanks Yowser. High five back πŸ™‚

• posted by Antigone
    on

Congrats all round πŸ™‚ You have all done so well and I thank you because your posts have helped me keep going. Week 3 was a disaster – very little weight loss BUT week 4 has been really good (ends tomorrow night ) and if nothing goes wrong between now and Monday morning weigh-in I will have lost a stone in 4 weeks.Yay! If I can lose another stone in the next 4 weeks I will be a VERY happy bunny and I know – thanks to you all – that it is possible. Thank you. Great to see those photos Lucky – really inspiring for all of us. I didn’t take a ‘before’ photo but I am sure there are some lurking!

• posted by Frog
    on

Well done Antigone – that;s great.
    Hello Gavin – sounds like a great walk. What does the egg gadget do?

Have just packed up a huge box of too large trousers, and identified quite a lot that fit now. Not sure whether to put them in the storage unit ‘just in case’, or straight to the charity shop. I need to find the wundaweb and have a shortening session!
    And last night I tried on one of my favourite jackets – a short boxy loose fitting blazer, now ridiculously too big – each side of the front happily wraps over and crosses the side seam.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Frog, Izzy, Yowzer, Gavin, Antigone, Janey for all your lovely comments both here and on the post πŸ™‚

Yes! My first mini goal to be scrubbed off for a fair few weeks! Next one is the obvious 3 stone. I can’t wait!

Epic walk Gav! Sheesh! I bet your feet are burning. I have a good gadget for poaching eggs too, it’s called me πŸ˜‰ Ooooh you’ve got me fancying poached egg now… might have a cheeky little cooked breakfast tomorrow morning instead of having a boring lunch, a little bacon, a heck and a poached egg with some chargrilled tomatoes from the garden. Yes. That sounds like a plan.

Well done Antigone, that’s amazing πŸ™‚ Don’t worry about last week, most of us have had a week like that, mine was week 5, and I hadn’t cheated or fallen off, it just happens. Usually the week after it plays catch up. At the end of the day, our bodies will show the weight loss when they want to, usually just not on the day we want them to πŸ™‚ This used to happen to me all the time in WW. Nothing on weigh day, 3 pounds down the next day as standard. That’s why I think daily weighing is helpful.

Noooooooooooooooooooo Frog, git ’em gone, the big ‘uns. There will be no ‘just in case’ – we won’t let you πŸ˜›
    If you really love it, have someone alter it for you, you deserve it after the effort you’ve put into this.
    Oh, and Frog? The calves? *insert mad face here* That is all. How can I lose three stone nearly, and a measly half an inch from ONE calf? One is still the same and the other has gone up a half an inch!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Frog, Lucky – this is what my egg machine produces – my breakfast this morning on low carb toast.

Egg toast

Now Lucky if there is a gadget that I have used more than anything else, it is the egg boiler. My walk was tiring on the feet, but I shaved 35 minutes off the time compared to when I walked just before I started the BSD.!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I have to say Gavin, that looks absolutely spot on. I just looked at it on Amazon, and hubby looked at your picture and he said ‘Order it!’ I think I told you before, I have an Andrew James meat slicer, and what a fantastic kitchen appliance that was for a budget price. Sometimes I can be making Sunday dinner for ten, and I’m terrible with knives, and blood, specifically my own, so subsequently the two don’t mix very well…

Great stuff, thanks for the head up on that!

• posted by Suoon2bthinner
    on

Not sure if this will come up in the right place… But I do want to know what low carb bread that Gavin shows on page 74 of the hello thread, looks delish.

on

I just made some bread supposedly low carb from the diet dr website, turned out ok but at 84 cals and 14g carbs each mini roll, only for very occasional use! I subbed in gram flour for the almond flour, maybe that would have been lower carb

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Hi Suoon, welcome πŸ™‚

I don’t have a clue what it is, I’m sure Gavin will fill you in on the details shortly! He’s probably off cooking up something delicious πŸ™‚

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Lucky. Cool stuff. What I do is peel the shell off after steaming them. Trick is to pierce bottom end of eggs, not top. and put them in with pierced end on the top.

The bread is Hi-lo loaf from Sainsburys.

Here is link for it – http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/hi-lo-loaf?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=UzyqxGADjU2ESZLZXH4zM1xsbZ9AkR0A9FlKvN%2BT69zPOsAbmVZYZB5Xcz5kIcug18gi9M9NMpif4Jcv9IBym8Sli%2FzZ68qb7tanwrs9PDfqkn8iMKmBg85lTTmkhuqFdiAq4TD52AqiAS8nzUGMss8iVCMVzfdI9UqYVBmTQjc%3D&ddkey=http%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fhi-lo-loaf

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Brilliant – noted, thanks Gavin. According to Amazon it will be here tomorrow… really? On a Sunday? I do have Prime but didn’t realise I could order something Saturday evening and have it delivered on a Sunday?

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Yep, the beauty of Amazon Prime, even on rural Dartmoor, DPD is seen πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Who’d have thought it! That’s impressed me! Poached eggs for breakfast, lunch AND tea tomorrow then, maybe πŸ™‚

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Lol, well I will be having the same for breakfast. The Hi-Lo bread is 5.0g of carbs per slice too. So low.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That is low! But I’m going to have bacon and egg and sausage so I’d best not push it. Plus, I still haven’t had my spelt pizza yet. Pizza was vetoed in place of steak. I know it’s a first world problem to complain about having steak for tea but… meh… pizza, you know?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

No no no dear FROG theres no going back..you must get rid! We beg of you! x

LUCKY i ordered something from Argos at 3 pm and it arrived at 7 pm same day! Granted he went to the wrong house,but the nice person at that address redelivered it to meπŸ˜ƒ ( two very similar addresses)
    I was amazed it happened so quickly but delighted coz it was a fan – when the weather was roasting and i was just a pool of heat on the floor! πŸ˜ƒ X

Hi SUOON welcome,youre never in the wrong place on this forum,everyone is here to help each other x

ANTIGONE Got everything crossed for you!well done on getting thru a difficult week..it has happened to so many people here but it passes..all the best for yr weigh in! X

GAVIN 20 thou steps? Respec’ Blud! X

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just seen your blog photos Lucky – WOW! Fantastic, so well done! You look fabulous πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Wow, things have changed then Yowzer! But then apart from one off items I don’t tend to order a lot online unless it’s Christmas.

Thanks Igor, I feel better than I have done for years πŸ˜€

on

Thanks for the welcome, that bread looks good, will look for it thanks Gavin

• posted by Frog
    on

Lucky
    when I was in my teens I did a three day egg diet – one of those crash diets

Breakfast – egg and a glass of wine
    Lunch – two eggs, two glasses of sine
    Supper – three eggs, rest of the bottle of wine, steak tartare

I didn’t eat meat then, so I substituted tune for steak – but I lost weight and I was happy!

• posted by Frog
    on

Gavin – the egg looks lovely, but I will stick with my silicone poaching cups – space in my kitchen is as rare as time for stuffing mushrooms!

The too-big clothes are in my storage unit for now – but I have bought back a few boxes of smaller clothes to try on and sort out.

• posted by Frog
    on

My sister’s congratulations on weight loss getting a little strained now that she’s realised I’m taking a smaller size than she is – and she is 3 inched shorter than me.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi all – most of you sleeping

Lucky, thanks for spelt bap links. I have decided that I have been having too many carbs, so have put them in favourites for later. I even have spelt flour in pantry because I have been buying all those funny flours for years, although coconut flour is a newbie and I like it.
    Your photos are lovely, and although you obviously look much slimmer in the second I thought the birthday one was beautiful also. I do hope your OH is getting well. Mine is 83 and a ‘marvel’ for his age, or so his doctor tells him.

Gavin, high five. You are one of my new inspirations. There are so many of you now, I will have to keep going. Frog I do not have your problem, am the eldest of 4 and the only fat one. They live a long way from me so I am hoping that when I see them I will look substantially different. But I do have a friend who would really benefit from this diet, and I am gently gently making suggestions….

Throw out your big clothes. I have cupboards full of smaller ones, as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder, so won’t be shopping for ages, and as I am retired and live in a warm climate I do not need much. When my shorts get too big I will use a belt and I have dozens of smaller tops. When the shorts fall down I will go shopping…..

Greenjanet I hope you enjoying your hols. Who looks after the beautiful shop?

• posted by louiselamour
    on

Hi starting my 800 blood sugar diet tomorrow and looking forward to feeling healthy again. Do you have to have 800 cals exactly?

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Morning everyone. Egg boiler is in action. Low carb toast too. And not forgetting an expresso for breakfast. Damn the egg on toast this morning was amazing!

Ruthdownunder – thanks πŸ™‚ – now keep going.

Louiselamour – in my 6 weeks of being on the BSD , I have often been slightly under or slightly over eg 780 – 825. I do try to aim at 800, but sometimes its not possible nor does it matter so long as the overall nutritional balance is correct for the day. The BSD book also makes this comment that you don’t need to be precise at 800. A few times I have been higher eg 850 or 860 because I fancied a few almonds or cashews.

• posted by Avila
    on

No idea if true but sounds about right….

‘Tibetan Proverb: the secret to living well and longer is – eat half, walk double, laugh triple, and love without measure.’

(Couldn’t get the FB pic to transfer)

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh I love that proverb, Avila πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.