Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

well first weigh in post hol and i have officially lost 2.3 kg since my return last tues so lost what i put on due to hol and a bit more .
    so that is the end of the first week on my not as strict BSD. so yes you can still have the odd carb or a few more cals and loose weight it appears.
    so i am 2.4 kg away from my next mini goal so will keep going with the odd treat here and there its working so it suits me , and not as strict on weigh in either so scales away till next thurs 😀

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning all!

Jan – absolutely wonderful stats there! Good luck with your second round 😀 I wish I could have kept it up for longer but 11 weeks and 2 stone 6 is not to be sniffed at either, it’s a wonderful springboard for this new WOE. Plus – if I ever want a quick boost again, I know what to do 🙂 8 weeks, 800 calories. Or even one week, 800 calories. I’m not even saying there won’t be days where I won’t eat 800 calories, some days I can ace it and eat absolutely loads for that. Other days, I eat that and still want more. I’m just going to play around with it for now, but one thing I do know after yesterday is that there is now a limit to what I can eat. It doesn’t matter what I think I want to eat, or what I think I would eat if the naughty food ban was lifted.

Yowzer – Goldilocks moment – fantastic, that’s going on the list too. When I can find where I put the list… it’s on my desktop somewhere… I sorted my wardrobe out AGAIN yesterday, and yes, there were three Beatles T Shirts (I’m a kind of retro band geek somewhat…) and a Lawson T shirt that are now back in play. I don’t own many as they’re not my usual style. And there was one that I think I could now fit my daughter in with me. I’ve only wore it once. Thrifty husband said keep it as a nightie 🙂

Bean – 10 inches from your boobs??? I wish I could lose 10 inches from mine. 20 even. The price I have to pay for bras… 🙁 Well done 🙂

Frog – that’s an amazing result. I don’t really understand what it is, but I assume it’s to do with blood and the top one is now, and you’re normal? Well, you know, your blood is normal 😉 (that’s in retaliation for your Abbey Road crossing barb, which we will address later :-P)

Yes Tokyo. I sat him down and had a chat with him and he said exactly the same as me, some days are tough for him but there’s no way he wants to go back to eating how he did. Just maybe, some days, eat a little more of the allowed stuff? But he still wants to keep going, avoiding bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.

Thanks Gavin, I think it was just everything catching up to me. The crumble was very nice indeed. Used blackberries I’d foraged from the garden, and bramley apple cooked down with a little water and a few teaspoons of coconut sugar, and the crumble topping was about two ounces oats, one ounce butter (yes, proper butter, get me!) and one ounce coconut sugar. It made four portions in a small dish. Which, pre BSD, I could have and probably would have polished off to myself and one for hubby. Had it with a dollop of Greek on. Was liberating not having to run it through MFP to be honest. Was just a pudding made with good ingredients, that I ate a sensible sized portion of.

Yowzer – yesterday I also made Pea and Ham soup! Yes, I know it wasn’t Pea and Ham soup weather, but I’m trying to gather up some suitable A/W recipes now. And I used turnip in place of the potato :-D. Had a pack of ham trim that looked chunky, shoved turnip, carrot, celery and onion in, some shocking mushy peas that never mush. Worked out about 180 calories per bowl and ye Gods it was filling! I want to try making mash with turnip too, I know it does a wedge, it does ‘potato’. If it does mash… I’d best put it on to boil now 🙂
    No, don’t worry, I’m not going to go off-course. I’ll still be around cheering you all on. It’s just I need to let this become natural to me now, not keep obsessing over calories and carbs. It needs to be second nature, does that make sense? And that means not worrying, and just instinctively now knowing, I CAN eat that, I CAN’T eat that. How much do I eat? Until I’m full. It has to become that simple because I have enough to do of a day and a lot has slipped because this is taking up too much of my time. Not the forum – but the constant counting and inputting and thinking and stressing.

Avila – even with the fails that’s still a good weight loss, you know? We all have a week or two like that in our back catalogue, sometimes self inflicted, sometimes not. I weigh in kg too for the same reason, plus you see the scale going down more often than the other way, if you have rubbish scales like mine that give you the whole pound off or nothing.

Frog – the cookery sounds lush, well done for showing restraint there 🙂 Oh, and Frog? If I ever got down there? What’s got two thumbs and would be THAT idiot? Me 😉 hehe.
    You’d mow me down, wouldn’t you…?

Well, this morning I am 0.9kg down from yesterday. I am back at my pre Christening weekend weight. Damage undone in three days. I am ONE kilogram away from my lowest on BSD, which was 95.7kg. I’ll continue to weigh daily until Saturday and then weekly.

Oh, and it’s National Burger Day, apparently…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

What a landmark weight this morning. Excited for Saturday’s 6 week weigh in now. My blog on Monday will feature my belt which has moved already by 5 holes in nearly 6 weeks. My landmark was hitting the 2 stone weight lost.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Yayyyyyy Tokyo, well done sweetie! Great weight loss for a week so far into it. I think sometimes, from previous experience, if you have a bit of a break from the plan – this is ANY plan now, and then ‘start afresh’ it seems to kickstart weight loss again? Did you ever find that? Maybe my problem was not submitting completely, I was primarily good, with the very occasional treat. Perhaps if I’d just said ‘sod it’ it wouldn’t be yo-yoing. My scales are going on holiday too for a week from Saturday 😀

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Eeeek Gavin, can’t wait! I wonder if it’s a week 5 thing? I’ve just checked my stats and yes, my fifth week I had a stay the same, but the sixth week I lost 5lbs. You’re doing fab. Two stone. It’s like a dieters dream come true this plan, just a shame everyone is so hung up on not being able to give up pasta and bread to try it, isn’t it?

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

All these new posts appeared as I was typing one.

Well done Tokyo and Lucky.

Lucky, yeah it’s sure is a dream diet with significant health benefits . If I can lose 1.5lbs by Saturday that will be exactly 10% less of me from when I started and my first mini goal achieved.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

i agree with what you say entirely lucky i may start a thread for us ” post eight weekers” as we are not been as strict i know janey is post eight weeksso sure she will join and then we can share our occasional carb/ cal treats 😀

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Like magic 🙂

Thank you very much. Bloody hell, Gavin, I’m sure I’d crossed off about thirty mini goals at the stage you are lol. No, ok, slight over exaggeration there, 10% was my seventh mini goal though. Aren’t you counting things like going down into a different stone bracket? Not judging, just curious. Things like that were a biggie to me.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

If you make it, I will come and share crumble and cake and turnip mash with you, Tokyo 😉

Save me a slice of the Nigella cake…

I’m buying spelt flour today, if my local Aldi stock it that is, and I am making pizza for Saturday night! Real pizza and the only bloody veg that’s going ANYWHERE near it, is the peppers and jalapenos that are going on the top of it!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

I have a note pinned on my phone. My key goals are
    10%, 20%, 33.3%, 40% and finishing at 45% weight loss from start weight. That equates too 2st 2lbs, 4st 5lbs, 7st 6lbs, 8st 10lbs and 9st 3lbs respectively. Target at 45% is weighing 12st 7lbs from a start weight of 21st 10lbs.

• posted by tokyo14
    on

done it bring you pizza your cakes waiting !!!🍰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

I have no doubt you’ll do it Gavin 😀

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Frog – not sure about gram flour pasta but you’ve just broken something there for me from weeks ago – gram flour yorkshire puddings that I still haven’t tried! I could gladly forego roast potatoes on a Sunday dinner if I could have a couple of decent authentic tasting yorkies with it!

• posted by Frog
    on

Morning – and Happy National Burger day – everyone

Izzy – good luck with eBay etc. What’s the recipe that you use for your nut brittles?

Well done on getting back on track post holiday Tokyo

Fantastic Gavin – that’s brilliant, huge congratulations
    Mini goals? The number of kilos, number of pounds when its a round number, stone (and with those, the number that you’ve lost and the number that you’ve reached can both count as mini goals) the number of cans of catfood equivalent, new clothes size, days that I’ve put some on it becomes getting back to where I was, and as you say % of weight lost.
    (but then there’s % of weight lost since immediately pre-BSD, % of weight lost since heaviest ever weight……) reaching a weight that you were on a significant date in the past…..
    You’d need something bigger than your phone to stick it on if you wrote it all down, but yours are BIG strategic milestones!

Lucky – well done on thought out decision to ease off on BSD and sensible path forward – hope that goes well for you. I take it that’s one of your children’s christening, rather than your own 🙂
    I suppose that I’ve sort of drifted into ‘relaxed BSD’ without consciously thinking about it – not very mindful, but liveable with, and still losing weight. AND I did have pizza on Monday – Strada pizza Mondays. (Yes, it’s a pizza restaurant, they have pizza every day, but £5 on a Monday) I really fancied my favourite with egg & spinach, had the fish one ‘better value’ as normally more expensive – very good, didn’t eat it all.
    Yes, that’s right on the bloods! (another mini-goal -well, it wasn’t, but I will celebrate it now I’ve got there!)
    I don’t mow anyone down, just give them long enough to cross the road, and then start hooting if they are still gurning and posing in the middle!

Congratulations on the new job Bean – that’s great news, do you start soon?

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Well it’s definitely ‘Thumbs Up Thursday’ isn’t is?! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼 Great to read so many positive reports today! Well done to you all! As Lucky and Tokyo pointed out the small glitches are ALWAYS offset by a downward trend in weight and upward trend in health.

I am several weeks beyond the 8 week stage and the med style diet is a way of life for me now. Ok I have an occasional treat (because we all need them!) but I love this WOE and how it makes me feel far too much to throw away the initial work. Tokyo.. I’ll track your thread down… Muahahaha!

Oh and how come everyone is weighing ‘in pets’ today??? Do people actually put their pets on the scales too??!! 😆😆😆

• posted by Nursebean
    on

National burger day?!! Well I never!
    Thanks Frog! I start my job (training) today! Nothing like getting thrown straight in there! Hope I like it, I really do – I have to do a whole four hours a week for heaven’s sake!! 😉
    Wow! GAVIN – You’ve lost 2 STONES – in just 6 WEEKS?!!! That’s truly amazing! Do you have a main goal you’re aiming for?
    I am on Week 8 now and have lost another 2 pounds this week. I’ve lost 11 pounds in this time (which is miraculously fast for me) and I’m now just a stone away from reaching my dream weight – the weight I haven’t bean since I was in my twenties (many moons ago!) so its all pretty exciting! I can’t believe how many notches your belt has gone down – what a fab feeling!
    Oh Lucky? Did you have to say the word…crumble?!! Watching Bake Off last night was bad enough. Man Alive! The cakes looked out of this world! I was literally salivating – luckily I had my 85% dark chocolate to munch on!! 😉
    Hope you all enjoy Burger Day! A day to get your veggie burgers out YOWZER?!!
    Bean xx

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Frog – gurning and posing? Love it! No, it was my great nephew’s Christening last Sunday, we were away Friday to Monday. There’s no more away days now apart from the last rugby match of the season, and a wedding in Norfolk mid September.

I did Bean, and it was lovely 🙂

Burger day here I come! Not even bothered about the lack of bap! Yayyyy 🙂

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep and I have lost one and a half of my show type cocker, hehe🐕🐩🐈🐇🐿 I’m hoping to loose one of these🐘 Waaaaaaa

• posted by Avila
    on

Frog,

I bow and worship…. Your advice about it being easy to change the laptop keyboard, replacement arrived in post half an hour ago and all done, so much easier than fiddling with an external keyboard (and the fact that I kept forgetting and trying to type on the dead one). And all for a tenner!!

• posted by Frog
    on

that’s brilliant Avila – glad it worked!

Hi Avila
    I first discovered it when I had problems with a keyboard (lots of crumbs and cat hair) and found online instructions to “pop off” the keys, clean and put it all together again.
    Pre easy camera phone, I carefully noted all the placements, ‘popped’ the keys off and broke the clips on about ten of the keys. Took forever – and when you can do it for £10, why would you!?

Fifo64 – I posted a reply on the thread you created on blood sugars – but for some reason it kept disappearing, so hope you catch it here!
    If there isn’t any guidance with the testing kit that you’ve purchased, a good place to start would be Diabetes UK
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html
    Alternatively, if you are sufficiently concerned about whether you may have diabetes to purchase a glucose testing kit, it may be wise to visit your GP.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I’ ve lost a fox terrier ..my fave breed! ..and a miniature dachshund! Havent been weighed for several days,so it could poss be a pregnant terrier/ dachshund! 😃😃😃
    Night peeps x 🌙⭐️⭐️🌙⭐️🌙⭐️🌙⭐️

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

I have lost both of my dogs – not too much to boast about as one is 3kg and the other 3.8! Very small toy poodles. I wish I had a rottweiler!
    Yowzer the modelmydiet is really fun.
    Avila I love Charlies -gorgeous dogs

Gavin you will do it I am sure.

Lucky I take my hat off to you – ‘dips me lid’ for weight loss and catering for 70.
    Frog always full of good sane advice
    Good luck for the job Nurse Bean

I am in week 9 – not sure whether I am just thinking about it or starting a new 8 weeks. Will ponder a few days more.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi all. I don’t have a dog or cat so I’ve been trying to calculate how many Goldfish to a kilo so maybe Ive lost 500 fish =5kg .it sounds like a lot when you say it in these terms. Happy to report a good trip to the GP yesterday.BP down,DR was happy that I have stopped taking BP medications. I rarely remembered anyway.Ordered some tests and asked how I was loosing the weight. He already recommended 5:2 a while ago when I didn’t think that I could do it,so he was impressed that I was doing BSD. On the down side, a very stressful day dealing with trades people quoting for a new bathroom and planning the disruption of living with a mobile ensuite .I lost the plot and went to my son’s room for a chocolate biscuit. Thankfully one was enough to get me through for a while, then another issue sent me to the pantry for potato chips about half a packet, of course the result is weight up slightly today. I managed to get all the trades for the bathroom set up and within my very tight budget so back on track today. Going out for a walk before it rains. cheers

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi ruthdownunder

Us July girls are still going strong yeahh verano has started a thread for those of us still doing the 800 Cals who are still committed to getting healthy, and who are at week 9-16 i think of it as the bsd bus and the back seat is for us all, those of us on it are going for it full blast if you are carrying on join us and we can all enjoy the journey together, inspire, share bring it on. Hope you have a lovely day😀

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Oh Yowser that’s so funny😀😀😀

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Good Morning Ladies and Gent(s) 😀

Ooh Yowzer, when do you actually get to your daughter’s to go and weigh? I bet you’re chomping at the bit, aren’t you? You’ve much more restraint that I have 😉

Thank you Ruth, I just went on autopilot for it tbh (the catering) and not so on autpilot (the diet!). I said yesterday on another thread I think, that once we’ve done the 8 weeks its going to be something we need to assess on even a weekly basis at times. I was really gung ho at the start of week 9, I was definitely doing 8 weeks again, and that was that. But by this week, something changed in me (end of week 11 tomorrow). And the results I’ve had over the last couple of days have been staggering, since I decided to chill out slightly. However – I’m not diabetic, I’m doing this simply for the weight loss and the other health benefits that come with being smaller, more energy, less pain with less stress on the joints and hopefully – living longer. Everyone has their own path to travel, don’t they, for their own reasons? Those are mine.

Butterlover – glad your bathroom issue is sorted (that actually sounds worse than it is, hope people read your post properly haha). Most of us have snapped like that and if not, probably we will at some point. It could have been worse. If I’d snapped and done that 12 weeks ago it would have been a packet of biscuits and a multipack of crisps. Maybe it would have been for you too?

Jan, I’m afraid I haven’t been much of a worthy step dueller to you this week, I’m very sorry.

Well, my news. I posted yesterday that I had lost 0.9 kg and that I needed to lose exactly 1 kg to get back down to my pre-holiday weight. I figured that I’d give myself a week to do this, especially as I took the decision to relax a little on the plan now. It’s 2.2 lbs, it’s a decent weekly weight loss at this point. By relaxing I don’t by any stretch of the imagination mean reaching for the takeaway menus or Dairy Milk or things like that. But I still want to cook and I still want to bake, because that is what I’ve done for years and it’s hard to break a habit. People come to me because I’m the cook of my group and family. That’s my role in my world. Take that away from me, and I am very little else other than a Mum. At the end of the day I can only physically eat what I can now, and I eat until satisfied not stuffed because I despise that feeling of being bloated and unable to move. But I made my little healthy (ier!) crumble and I had a little portion after tea.

I made bread rolls yesterday. They were made with spelt flour. I don’t need to know if it’s allowed or not on the plan nor the carb count in it because I’ve done my digging and I know precisely what the N.I is on it and the health benefits/drawbacks, and I don’t care. Cooking with spelt is endorsed by Bowel Cancer Uk because it’s high in fibre, so I’m happy with my choice. They were a healthier choice for everyone than pulling a Warburtons white roll out of a bag, and they were absolutely lovely. My husband looked like he would marry me all over again when I presented his burger in the bun. My children, every single one of them, wolfed them down and declared them the best bread they’d ever tasted, and they turn their noses up at anything new. I’ve never made bread before. I’m going to make these, and the loaves, a few times a week for my children, so they are having a decent healthy bread that isn’t full of preservatives and additives.

And by this morning, I’ve lost a further 1.1 kg. I am now at my lowest that I’ve been on this WOE. Ok, only by a smidge, but I am at my absolute lowest now. Do I credit it with relaxing? Maybe. Do I advocate anyone else doing it? No, this is right for me and me alone. Maybe I wasn’t eating enough, as has been suggested twice. But I do know that – for me – things are now shifting along finally, and it all started going wrong for me when the ‘c’ word came into play. My weight loss was absolutely fine until I started stressing about bloody carbs and shoving things into MFP when I had successfully used the other ‘c’ word up to that point – common sense. If it ain’t broke and all that… That’s just my take on what’s happened to me. Some need to be more regimented. I didn’t. So I am still committed to getting healthy, but thankfully I can afford to take a more ambling, leisurely pace in doing so, with the occasional treat, because God knows the rest of my life rolls at such a frenetic pace that I don’t need to stress myself out unduly! And the minute any weight loss plan or way of eating becomes stressful or a chore? That’s when things are going to start going wrong. I think most of us can agree on that, from experience. It had started to become a chore for me. So I am taking it back to how I was doing it at the start. Common sense, with a few treats chucked in, made from healthier ingredients. Some allowed, some not. But there won’t be white flour or white sugar or crappy margarine or low fat things involved. I’ve managed to shift 37 lbs in 11 weeks doing it this way, so I’ve obviously been doing something right – for me, my life and my needs 🙂

So – 15 stone I am on the final day of Week 11. Started at 17 stone 9 lbs. And I am thrilled to bits with that. I’m in the process of overhauling how my whole family eat now. Head off any problems before they begin. Everyone have a lovely Friday 🙂 Hope the sun is shining for you too.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser.

I’ve just read out your post about the pregnant terrier to my husband and we are in stitches 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
    You are a very funny little budgie.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi lucky
    I’m so pleased you have found a workable way forward for you, I was concerned about you, but doesn’t it just prove how we are all so very different for myself I find the structure of counting, measuring using mfp etc reassuring I couldn’t cope without hem at the moment, and wouldn’t have got where I am now without them but for you the absolute opposite, so delighted for you keep going we will all get there. Wishing you a great week love jan

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Jan. I was getting concerned about me, believe me! Yes, we’re all different, and I do find that if we find our own way to do it, and it works, it’s best to just stick to it. Different needs, different problems, different metabolisms, different health issues, different lifestyles, different levels of exercise, these all play a part in the whole picture, not just how low we can get our carb count on a day to day basis. But – in saying that – for some people, it is just that, too! It really is that simple! Luckily for me, it’s not. UNluckily for me, it seems that I can’t drink wine ever again… 😉

I think this is the way forward for me now, for now though, as I said, it’s something I have to keep reassessing as I go along, even on as short a time frame as a week to week basis. Maybe on weigh day. But I can’t go back to eating how I used to. The cake I had on holiday was too sweet. I don’t desire 99% of the things I used to eat any more. But the ones I do, I know I can make with almond flour, coconut flour, coconut oil, olive oil, flaxseed, besan… my kitchen cupboard is like bloody Paltrow’s! If I knew I could have – for example – a small homemade spelt base pizza once a week (and I mean small because the amount of food I can put away now is less than my youngest son) on a Saturday, I think I’d gladly be able to coast through the week on 800 – 1000 calories a day. I will still be counting calories, and I will still be sticking (mainly) to the list of allowed ingredients, swerving the higher stuff for the lower stuff when I can to get more bang for my buck. But the carbs, no – I can’t do that as well, not on so few calories. It’s driving me batcrap crazy. I’ve seen from my own data that some days it was 30, and some days it was 50 and that’s without trying to limit myself, just with what I wanted to eat on that day, so seemingly common sense alone let me make choices that let the carb total come in at a totally acceptable level. I appreciate that you need this at the moment, and it’s great that we live in a time that exists for us to have this information and these tools on hand so easily. Imagine trying to do this twenty, thirty years ago? 😮

Yes, week 12 tomorrow. We’ll see how that goes and reassess in a week’s time. I may end up eating my words. I may not. But it feels right for me at the mo, and Mr Lucky too. Have a great weekend, I think I am being hauled out by the children as it’s the last one before school! And other sister in law is coming down to stay in her caravan so heavy duty cleaning ahoy too 🙁

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Morning all

Good news Lucky and well done.

I am so close today to reaching my first major goal of 10% weight loss from my starting weight. So at 6 weeks tomorrow I should have lost 2st 2lbs. (Fingers crossed)

I had a healthy homemade beef burger and sweet potato chips for dinner last night. All allowed and within my daily plan. It was so yummy.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Got fingers,eyes,legs and toes crossed for you GAVIN! xx
    Isnt It great we can all still eat delicious food and still shed weight!
    Right i better get moving and use up some calories !

• posted by mazzak
    on

Hello, I am new and starting the 800 blood sugar this weekend on Sunday, have read and re-read the book and looked around this site so I think I am ready! My reasons for doing this are purely healthy, I need to get my blood sugars back to normal so I can come off my meds as it’s been a bit hit and miss as I was in denial for the first 18 months of being diagnosed Type II and I have been threatened with Insulin if the next HBa1c test hasn’t come down and I really don’t want that to happen, so I’ve got three months before I have my test and I reckon I can do it. I have no illusions about how tough it is going to be for me but I need to do this and I know there are going to be “sod it days” where I will want to give in, but I have to keep my goal in focus and stay positive.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Welcome Mazzak! You’ll find newbies and old timers here and we will all be here to support you. You’ll start feeling better pretty quickly and then you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it before! 👍🏼

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey mazzak
    Well done on taking the decision to join the crew! Looks like you have been making good preparation – hope you have stocked the fridge and spring cleaned the cupboards too. I’m on my second stint of eight weeks and loss for me had been slow, but it’s still dropping and I’m feeling good.

My advise is to be kind to yourself, don’t panic if you struggle at first because it will all fall into place after a few days. Key things to remember are: drink plenty; be sure to include full fats to help make you feel full and stay that way for longer; record everything you eat and drink; and avoid root veggies as they tend to be high in carbs.

I find weighing daily really helps keep me focused and motivated, but some people prefer to weigh weekly. Find a garment you would love to get into again and use that as a measure for how well you are doing too.

As you will know from looking around on the forum, you will know that there is heaps in information and advise on here posted by wonderfully supportive people, so shout out if you need anything, someone will respond for sure.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome MAZZAK! You wont regret this!
    Just bobbing in to say I got weighed at DDs just now,even tho it was after my lunch and i fully dressed..i ‘ve lost 2 stone in 45 days. Possibly more if it had been an early morning no clothes weigh in 😛😛😛😛
    Back laters to catch up with everyone xx

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Good luck Mazzak.

Yowser that’s fantastic.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks GAV! Am sure you will be similarly pleased at your weigh in👍🏻
    FROG i did as you suggested via the techies! x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BUTTER thats excellent news coming off the bp meds…my hope is that i can do same soon.
    Understandable you needing a little comfort dealing with your home issues! Was a case of damage limitation just having one biccie and not the whole packet! Half a bag of crisps instead of a whole multipack! 😀😀😀 x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh bless!GAV it took me a minute to work out that that is a darling doggy’s snout!
    Soooo funny!
    Ithink you will smash it tomorrow dude!
    On a less pleasant note,DD told me today i smell oniony all the time! 😀 I must admit,i’m eating tons of red onion!
    But thought i was using adequate amounts of mouthwash!
    Whats a girl to do..i dont want to break out the mints or the sugar free mints either..i need even more mouthwash I guess! X

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Gavin keeping everything crossed for you! Hope you hit your goal 🙂 Glad to see you partook in National Burger day, it would have been rude not to, eh?

Hi Mazza, welcome and good luck 🙂

Yowzer – wonderful!! Well done, that’s absolutely brilliant news! And the time of day too, and after eating, and with clothes on, I bet you can add an extra 1 – 2 lbs to your total – if not more!
    My son has been complaining about onion breath of late too, Yowzer, on both hubby and I! I’ve noticed it on my husband too and I never used to before. I think it’s one of those things, like garlic, you either don’t eat it or you (others lol) have to put up with it. I love onion too too much to give it up 😉

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Yowzer – that’s brilliant, thank you – was a bit concerned – techie(s?) are incredibly helpful, aren’t they!
    – apparently my posts that went missing yesterday weren’t a direct ban on links to d-uk site, just the spam filters going into overdrive for no apparent reason.

Lucky – so pleased you don’t have a bread shaped child! I read some of your blog today, it;s really good – the rye bread sounded excellent too.

I met a friend for lunch, & thoroughly enjoyed my superfood salad (there’s a phrase I thought I’d never utter – the last time I ordered a superfood salad, I took one look when it arrived and ordered fries to go with it).
    Then I went shopping – I came across a BHS that hasn’t closed yet, horrid, horrid queue, with some very noisy bouncy children – but seven plain T Shirts,, some long sleeved some short, and three pairs of trousers for under £20 – all in sizes I don’t plan to need for long, so didn’t want to spend lots on.
    I wanted to get a water bottle carrier, but found one of those backpack water carriers – I wanted one years ago, but they were horrendously expensive then, but this was about £12 from decathlon, so really please with that. Will be ideal for the Nordic walking, but also useful for ordinary walks too.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Frog, I’m glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read your post or I think it would have been snorted out of my nose 😉 You have such a way with words… I can just imagine you ordering fries, brilliant. That’s a girl after my own heart. In the past, of course 😉

Ah thank you 🙂 it’s a bit less insane than my real life blog which I don’t write as regularly as I should. I’ll just do one big Summer update that will take a year to read. I have a few more recipes to put on the BSD one too though, when I find the time…

That is an absolute WIN in BHS! You couldn’t have got that stuff that cheap in a charity shop or Primark or… well, anywhere! It’s a pain when you have to buy clothes now isn’t it? Because the sizes are going down so quickly that it seems a waste of money to do so. I’m either wandering around in baggy stuff or stuff that’s a bit too tight on me. All the big big stuff though is now in a bag waiting to be donated to charity. Luckily (or not depending how you look at it) my boobage was (and still is sort of, but not as) so big that the majority of my tops were stretchy anyway, and now they just look better on me. I’m actually fitting in to size 20 non stretchy tops now, my size 20 fixed waist trousers and jeans can be pulled down without opening the buttons, but I’m not quite a size 18 yet either. I’m a 19, evidently. Fitting into size 18 elasticated waistbands. Which is a lot better than the two pairs of size 24 trousers I carefully folded up and said ‘So long’ to the other day! But the thought of even being a 16 again is almost incomprehensible, never mind anything lower! I saw a range of clothes in EWM called Country Rose that is me to a tee. There were loads of lovely things, a little pricier than I usually go for, but I didn’t want to buy big clothes, let alone expensive big clothes! The next sale they have, whenever the S/S range comes into play, my Visa card is going to be glowing red. I will be going on a spree. I’m checking the website weekly 😉

I think their spam filters caught up an innocent Tokyo with all the DUK posts yesterday, bless her…

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky
    yes, I was really pleased with the BHS stuff – still need to try it on, although I think will be bit too small right now.
    The T shirts are mostly 14s, with one 16 – Black, white and Navy, one each short sleeved and long sleeved, plus a short sleeved bottle green one. The trousers are a pair of Jeans, then (both with elastic waists, so should fit for a while) some grey cargo style cotton trousers that will be good for walking, and some polyestery type plain black ones that will go with anything for work.

I don’t mind tops being baggy, although it has got to the stage that the ones that were really “comfortable” pre BSD are definitely too baggy (I did actually sink to buying a few maternity tops in a sale after Christmas – convinced myself that they I liked then because they were a good length!!) – but I can’t bear trousers that are too big.

Yes, I thought of Tokyo being classified as a spammer when I read the reply from the tech support people.

No burger for national burger day (yesterday apparently) but the Sweetcorn and Kale fritters were quite veggie burgerish – I had those today and yesterday.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Sounds like a good haul, and when they’re all falling off you it won’t be too bad to part with them, will it?

Oh you just reminded me! One of the things I put in the clothes bag was a maternity dress. Which, incidentally, I didn’t fit into when I was pregnant. Oh no. Just afterwards. Grrrrrr. Determined that next summer it will be floaty, dreamy, girlie shizz. I’ll be gliding around Wales in Laura Ashley.
    No, no I won’t. I will still be in black pants or jeans. But still. A girl can dream. And I won’t be in a maternity sundress, anyway. Because it’s gone.

Poor Tokyo, bless her, she hardly gets on to post any more now she’s back at work.

If fritter was round-ish, it counts. Where did you get those from? They sound nice. Or were they homemade?

• posted by Frog
    on

Yup, round! Veggie burgers not fritters.
    they were from waitrose – probably easy to make and achieve slightly fewer carbs – but partly me being lazy, but also what’s worthwhile doing for six of you, or even two, gets very tedious faffing about with tiny quantities for one person.
    Even getting them from Waitrose I had them two days running – with lots of salad. Pre BSD I’d have skipped the salad, and eaten all four of them – maybe with a tomato.
    Yessterday was 806 cal, 54 carbs, and today was 814 cals, 53 carbs, so not too much damage

The ingredients were: Sweetcorn (43%), rapeseed oil, onion, potato, carrot, courgette, gram flour, curly kale (7%), wheat flour, parsley, free range whole egg, cornflour, garlic, salt, cayenne pepper

– so you could drop the wheat flour, and maybe replace the potato (with turnip?!)

I did by ground almonds today, with the idea that I might make something!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

That made me laugh again but also ringing so, so true. How did we eat so much??? Waitrose stuff is such good quality, I don’t blame you at all. Ha, I rarely cook for 6, not one meal. Sunday dinner – that’s it. And even then they all like different vegetables, so it’s not surprising for me to have to cook about 9 different vegetables, just so everyone has something they like!

They sound nice, so, with the cayenne and the gram flour are they bhaji/pakora-ey? Yes I could replace the potato with turnip. If I put them on to boil now… 😉 It never gets old…
    Not to me, anyway…

Oh, the possibilities are endless. I love cake made with almond flour/ground almond now, gives it a nice natural sweetness too?

In case anyone uses them for specific products, I had an email from Holland and Barrett earlier, buy one get one half price is back on on everything!

• posted by Avila
    on

Decided to check blood pressure – and 90/60 which is too low, so suggesting I am ready to reduce the BP meds I have been on for a couple of years. A doctor friend has okayed me taking it alt days until can get an appointment at surgery to have them assess changes.

They told me once on high blood pressure meds always on them – but looking like I can reduce the dose when only 1/4 of weight loss target. Maybe the visceral fat factor – the worst type going first?

Happy dance over here….

Please log in or register to post a reply.