Hello :-)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hey Lucky,

Hope you resting up after your marathon catering gig!! Word on the thread is you’re not feeling so great…hope you feel better really soon💐

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Nursebean
    fingers crossed on interview news

I’ve just eaten a nice salad for lunch – lots of leaves, avocado, salmon and cherry tomatoes.
    only 7 carbs so far today!

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Hi Frog

It is a bit cooler up high on Dartmoor. My weather station is reporting 22.9 degrees C with a WNW wind of 1mph gusting 4mph. 82% humidity. With the slight wind its not too bad but its still hotter than normal.

I love almonds and cashews. Normally have about 5 on a plate to bring me up to 800 calories. Today is my breakfast shake, soup for lunch with a 20g cheddar cheese . Lamb with salad soon.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yeah beans bean good, it will make all the difference my old bean.😎😎😎

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hey shall we have a whip round and hire a coach and go and see lucky to cheer her up, any one up for it, take her some grapes and flowers. 🚌🚌🚌🌺🌻🌺🌻🌺🌻 it’s so unnervingly quiet without her, it’s not the same without her our little ray of sunshine.🌞🌞🌞

• posted by Frog
    on

sounds idyllic Gavin – enjoy!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hope the news is good for your job interview Nursebean.

• posted by Frog
    on

Just tried on a pair of trousers that i bought in the House of Fraser sale – TA DAAA!!! SIZE 16!!!
    Plain black for work, but ankle length which I like – they have a ‘secret’ elastic panel in the waist, so hopefully they’ll fit reasonably for a while. And they were reduced to £8 – what’s not to like?
    I’m half thinking about seeing if they still have them in a 14.
    Now I have to reassess which jackets aren’t too tent like!

Also tried on a pile of dresses that I bought a few summers ago when I was even heavier than when I started BSD (hot summer, and was so bit I couldn’t find any trousers that looked half decent & were comfortable) Apart from a couple that are ‘floaty’ and I’ve worn when I’ve been anything from size 12 to 22, they were all huge.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril frog 🎉🎉🎉

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Good luck with the job bean, when do you find out

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Frog

Yippee 😃💐 on the new trousers! F it were me I ‘d be back for the next size down. Get them while you can.

Part of me wishes I’d kept things as I grew out of them, in the hope I’d shrink back down into them. Trouble is its been so long I’d probably hate them now. 😱

Hopefully I’ll get in a couple of days clothes shopping next week 😃

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yes BEAN too hot for me too..we crawled to the cinema at teatime…i could barely move! Lovely and cool in there but my goodness the amount of cr* p on sale ..have to say it all looked very tasty tho!. I just clutched my bottle of water…and kept walking! 😼😼😼😼😼 xx sigh…..home now to my dindins yayyyyyyy!
    Sorry to hear youre not too well LUCKY..i reckon you’re worn out after all that catering. Hope you can rest up a bit now xx
    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 get well soon! 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Evening everyone, awwww aren’t you all lovely 🙂 Yes, I’ve been feeling under the weather today, came on me not long after I posted this morning. Tried to mooch around the house and do a little housework but ended up falling asleep in my chair. Thanks Janey for erm… graphically pointing out what was wrong with me… Hopefully just a 24 hour bug, and am going to have an early night tonight to try and play catch up. If I didn’t know better I’d have said it was morning sickness, that sort of nausea. But all day. And the ironic thing is, today, no back pain, no hip pain, no leg pain, no knee pain and no bloody heel pain. I can’t even have ONE day without something wrong with me… 😉

Frog, no I don’t have special shoes, just bog standard trainers. And I spend 360 days of the year in flipflops anyway. Even in the snow. People think I’m simple. I say if the flipflop fits… 😉 How did the Nordic Walking go? Huge well done on the trousers too.

Jan, I’m not 100% sure but a lot of women on here and my sister in law and niece have both said it sounds like Plantar… help me fill in the gaps one of you who told me lol. Wonderful medical results there too! Well done! Hopefully someone will sit up and take notice in your surgery 🙂

Bean – well done on size 10! Bet you’re chuffed to bits!

Gymgirl Yowzer Imogen *waves* 🙂

Janey – agreed, I have my ‘legal’ treats and I’ve been fine with them, nothing has made me go loopy and start devouring everything in sight. A little goes a long way with these new ingredients, and it depends completely on the person, only we know whether it’s dangerous or not, or acceptable to us or not. Me personally? Having to follow this with no treats, ever again? That would be a dealbreaker for me. That’s just asking for trouble. So as long as I’m not using crappy stuff and I count it into my calories, I will carry on having the occasional treat. The way I see it, the more recipes I can have in my arsenal, the longer I will be able to sustain this way of eating. And that, for me, includes the occasional pudding.

Frog – I actually made two cakes out of the mixture (albeit small ones, think the tins were 4.5 inches, maybe 5, but they rose up quite high! Think the size of one of those Heinz tinned puddings, but with a dome on top). A small-ish sliver was ample, each sponge cut into 8. My mother, three of my children, my sister in law, hubby and myself all loved it. The texture was similar to a steamed pudding too. I would imagine they would make muffins too, I’ll try that next time and freeze them. But it was nice to have a cake to slice into. Even though the slice was probably smaller than the muffin would have been! Missed a trick there, didn’t I?

Hope you get the job Bean!

Captain Lynne – yes, I did that maybe two years ago? Finally parted with my size 16 suits and pants and lovely cords that I wore when I met my husband in 1999. Gave them to a smaller friend. Finally accepted that I wouldn’t ever slim into them. Slightly gutted now, but thinking about it I am now 40 and not 23 so, maybe I shouldn’t really be wearing the same clothes as I was then 🙂 Besides which I have fallen in love with a range of clothing in EWM and when I get a little more smaller I am going to splurge something rotten!

I’m exhausted now after all that catching up for the day! Thank you all for your well wishes, I think it’s just a combination of tiredness, alcohol intolerance, early mornings, waking up at stupid o’clock and rushing around. Barely finished my washing and ironing after camping and I was back on the road again!

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Thanks Yowzer 😀 What did you watch? I want to watch 9 Lives. I really, really need to get a life. When I want to watch kids films even when the kids aren’t coming with me…

Oh, and Jan, by grapes, you do mean real grapes and not ‘medicinal’ grapes, don’t you? *retch* #nevereveragain

😉

• posted by Avila
    on

depression sucks – and really messes up diet plans, after drowning sorrow in alcohol and calories.

Had a few triggers in last couple days, and computer playing up is not helping…

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oh Avila, it does suck.

Being completely completely serious now, if you can, back up your computer. I know some of you might scoff and take the p*** out of me (Janey…) but we’re coming up to Mercury Retrograde. I have lost 4 or 5 computers over the last few years, and always, always ALWAYS during M.R. Not just computers, other electronics, but specifically that is what sticks in my mind because I have to replace them and sometimes have to get someone to retrieve lost stuff off them. So four times a year I’m like something possessed backing up my photos and documents to a hard drive. Mine has started playing up today…

By all means you can take the mick out of me too, but just in case, back up anything important… 😉

You’re here and you’re posting and you’re acknowleging you’ve had a crap couple of days diet wise, that’s half the battle. It’s nothing that can’t be undone in a few days. Hugs.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Avila,
    I am so sorry that you have been feeling depressed, I hope you have someone who is there for you? Never mind about the alcohol and (probably) binging on food? Just put it behind you and pick yourself up and carry on with the diet, so what if you had a drink and some food because you are feeling awful, you have people on the forum who can ‘talk’ to you and get you back on track.
    I am not presuming anything here, so, have you been to the doctor and got help for your depression? Is there anyone who can help you at home it’s hard enough doing this diet without having to cope with depression, believe me I have been there with bells on!
    I hope you will soon feel better, I will be thinking about you, do take care, we care on this forum.
    Christine

• posted by Avila
    on

computer backed up – it is keyboard issue

Christine – Thanks. It is a long term condition, under docs and pysch, and meds etc. Just me and the dog here, I don’t know how I would cope with others, dog drags me outside on bad days. Was coasting on the enthusiasm of the diet and changes. What goes up usually comes down….

Will find my balance. Meanwhile the binge left me feeling blurgh about the bad foods, so taste has been affected on this pattern of eating

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Avila your dog is amazing. To think your dog drags you out for a walk is such a positive thing. You had a binge, its just being human and one that we all have done at some point.. Remember tomorrow is a new day 🙂

Lucky, you sound exhausted. Hope you don’t get up too early tomorrow!

Frog, well done on the trousers.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILAsending you hugs x glad you have yr doggie,they are great therapy x
    LUCKY the film was Swallows and Amazons…basically a kids film but loved it,filmed in the Lakes and Yorkshire.
    Only one other adult in there apart from us two! Oh i tell a lie..another woman was there,but she got up and scurried out as it started,clutching loads of bags..i was admiring how nimble she was nipping down the stairs in the dark! Think she must have gone into the wrong screen number!😃😃😃😃
    Its one of those films that’s lovely for sunday evening telly…. If accompaniedby a big oldfashioned Sundayevening tea,even better !Night everyone x✨✨✨✨🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌛🌛🌛🌛🌛🌛 xx

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

greenjan before you go away I must say how fantasic your report is. I had to look up CRP. You Brits are so technical!. Any way you have done so well. Enjoy.

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Morning everyone 😊

Glad to report the 🔚 of the 💩 😂. I love using my iPad, you can be far more expressive with it. More having to use it though, as my Jawbone needs charging and seemingly only one of the two remaining working USB ports on my PC is… I slept for nearly 9 hours too, win. Weight down again but I’m still playing catch up to my lowest pre camping, which was 95.7kg and I’m currently 97.6kg. This really, really aggravates me, losing already once lost weight. When I think how much further ahead I would be by now if I hadn’t had these two trips away. It just shows how it creeps back up. Ah well, at least I’m not knocking on 18 stone like I was in June. Bloody 🍷. No more. Roll on when everyone’s had their holidays and then we have Christmas to contend with!

Hi Gavin, had a lovely sleep, feel much more human today 😉

I’ve seen that advertised on TV Yowzer but none of the kids have shown any interest so far. If it doesn’t have animated creatures or dinosaurs at the moment… 😂

Might attempt my walk today, son has three days to do this practical resit and he did the majority yesterday but needs to go in again. iPod is charging, it’s dull but dry, perfect walking weather 👍🏻

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Got a boring Cinderella moment, I’m fitting nicely into a Beatles Abbey Road (which, randomly, is my favourite album ever) t shirt that I’ve had for three years and despite being XXL was like a skintight top on me. Fits nicely now and baggy as it should be 😊 All T shirts were the same on me because of major boobage and majorer gut. So there’s probably more of my wardrobe back in play 🤗

• posted by greenjanet
    on

posted by greenjanet
    on 24 Aug 2016 at 08:27 Edit • Reply • Report post • permalink
    Hi there all you lovely BSD peeps.
    Well this is the end of my eight weeks, and the beginning of the next beautiful phase.
    Total lost 33 lbs have gone down 3 dress sizes, and changed my stone figure 3 times and I am now 15.13 or 101.3 kilo
    I have melted 9.5 c.m of bust. 19.5 c.m of waist and 7.5 c.m. Of hips, I thought it would have been more but I am 5ft 6 and my fat has always been very evenly distributed. I am on cloud nine.
    Well being from day 2 felt marvellous, and yesterday I was announced by my practice nurse and doc that I am the Guinea pig, they know I was a midwife so felt they could talk to me like that but they were delighted and watching to see what occurs now.
    My HbAic is now normal it was 45 is now 38. I have normal liver function, slightly raised C.R.P. But vastly improved on before, Hb good, and I can report I trot 10,000 steps a day now, the monster appetite is under control, have not swerved of the plan once, felt no urge to and I fell alive like I have only felt when I was about 19. I have lost a lot of weight before and didn’t feel like this.
    So thankyou to this forum who have kept me going, and to doc M and the Newcastle team loving you all,
    So bring on the next eight weeks, yeahhhh can’t wait, ooh of to tai chi now bye.
    Hope you all have an excellent week also😎😎😎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Morning LUCKY and everyone! LUCKY, fab t shirt news! Boring Cinderella moment is an oxymoron..a Cinderella moment is to get excited about,and always to be applauded! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 Great to feel good in tshirts,they can be pesky items when we are lumpy!
    I had a Goldilocks moment last week when i was trying stuff on…this one’s too big,this one’s too small,this one’s just right
    Sorted all my clothes on Monday and have a wardrobe full of stuff now that fits and a rail of other things waiting expectantly in my big store cupboard..i stick my head round the door and stare at them for inspiration!
    Still have four drawers of tops to sort!
    Lucky be careful with that heel when you go out,dont walk too far and dont forget to do yr exercises to help it get better xx
    First day week seven for me! Dont know weight as not at DDs to use scales. I kniw what you mean about the futile feeling of re losing weight Gahhhhh! So frustrating but we must treat it as a brand new day and the past is history and all we have is now which is a present! X
    🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒 life is just a bowl ofcherries heehee! But quite high in carbs!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN Didnt see yr post as was writing mine same time but massive congratulations ! You have done so brilliantly! X
    I too havent deviated as yet for one moment,day 1 week 7, so i will keep you in mind as my role model for the next 2 weeks! You are doing marvellously both physically and mentally..no wonder you are the guinea pig of yr surgery!
    So is the plan the same again for the next eight weeks?
    Ooh tai chi,ive only done it once but it was lovely,so peaceful. Enjoy xx so pleased to hear you are feeling so good on it..honestly the tv people should be making a documentary about us! X

• posted by Nursebean
    on

Haha! YOWZER I love your Cinderella moment!! Don’t you just Love, love, LOVE clothes getting baggy?!! Wow! I had to buy my favourite trousers from Next in a Size 10 because the 12 was so baggy I could pull them off without undoing them. I can’t tell you how good that feels!! I have to remind myself of that feeling every time I want to eat something silly – although lately I haven’t really felt like straying. Like you, JAN, I am on my last week. I’m the same height as you. I’ll find out my total weight loss on Friday as that’s my weigh-in day. I’m hoping to have lost maybe a stone in the 8 weeks. I mean, I know that’s nothing like as impressive as the results you guys are getting but for me its a miracle!! Its my measurements that amaze me. I’ve lost 10 inches from my waist and 10 inches from my boobs – woohoo!!
    Will you continue with BSD now JAN? Are you where you want to be or do you have a little way to go? This way of eating is so easy – and produces incredible results doesn’t it. I don’t think I can stop now!
    BEan xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Way to go Lucky, flaunt those beataly boobs with pride.🌺

• posted by tokyo14
    on

Afternoon All
    well first week weigh in tomorrow for my post holiday weigh in, i have completed my 8 weeks the day before my holiday and have deceided since my return that although i still have some left to loose
    ( my next mini goal is 5 kg so will see how near i am to that tomorrow) i am going to take the advice of both the great michael moseley and the even greater janey and not be so restrictive i completed 8 weeks on 800 so now i continue to do that and on the odd day i may have a few more cals and even carbs like janey suggested, it works for me its flexible and it also allows me to have a slice of the nigella olive oil cake that janey made the other week and i have just made with great success!
    it looks and smells delish a nice little treat after a busy day gardening
    roll on this evening 🍰🍰

• posted by Lucky Maneki
    on

Oooooh Tokyo let me know what it’s like! Been dying to try it!

I’ve made a blackberry and apple crumble with a little oats, coconut sugar and butter. Picked the blackberries from the garden 👍 Smells lovely.

I’m toying with the idea of eating more too, if I’m honest, I’m struggling a bit coping on 800 now some days, others I’m fine though. Hubby is too. I’ve never really been bothered with the carb side of it and it was working just fine when I wasn’t counting them. Think as long as I’m sensible, stick to the right foods from the list of allowed things and avoid the flour, pasta, rice, potatoes, junk food, WINE etc. It’s taken me 25 years to get here, I can wait a little longer for it to come off. Will weigh on Saturday then not weighing daily again. Will eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’m full. Common sense. Wish I could move more but my heel is playing up. Docs I think… 😐

• posted by tokyo14
    on

do whats right for you and the mister lucky there no ” carb police”is there unless janey is a secret one !!!👮 hope your heel gets better soon

• posted by Frog
    on

HBa1c results have arrived today

22 Aug HbA1c levl – IFCC standardised 38.000 mmol/mol (Normal range 20 – 42 mmol/mol)
    15 June HbA1c levl – IFCC standardised 62.000 mmol/mol (stopped taking metformin after this)
    17 May started BSD
    21 Jan HbA1c levl – IFCC standardised 106.000 mmol/mol
    17 sep 2015 HbA1c levl – IFCC standardised 102.000 mmol/mol

so even if weight isn’t going super fast, really pleased with this
    & stuff the GPs who were p’d off that I’d stopped taking metformin!

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Haha you should know by now that I’m not the carb police! I just stay away from the danger foods and otherwise eat in moderation. I don’t even know how many weeks in I am (14? 15?) but I know this WOE suits me, has helped me lose 2 dress sizes and made me feel more energetic than I can remember for a very long time!

Big congrats Jan – phenomenal achievements in the opening 8 weeks 👍🏼. And to everyone else still losing weight and inches.. Keep up the good work.

Right, I’d better get out walking again. I have some duels to win 😉

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

That’s astounding Frog, and total proof that this CAN reverse the scourge of diabetes. We need to get out kids into this way of thinking early I reckon…

• posted by gavinfabl
    on

Fantastico news Frog.

Great news Jan and Tokyo.

Crumble … yummy… Lucky… glad your feeling human again. Need to stop the alien abductions 🙂

So, Saturday will be 6 weeks. Last week was a stay the same weight week, but I have been weighing each day and I am so so close now to something.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

OMG! Crumble..and pliss we can have some? LUCKY I am moving to yours,you always have something nice and tasty on the go!
    I am so sorry yr heel is still hurting..i really feel for you knowing firsthand – or first foot! – how painful this problem is 🙁
    And they can’t sue you for changing to 1000 cals on some days..after all, we cant do 800 cals for ever can we…dont think that wd be healthy if it was forever and always! Long as you dont go backwards Lucky and i know you wont let that happen!
    Great news FROG ! And yes stick it to the medics who seem so obsessed with keeping us on meds..some of them need to open their minds a little and have some faith in their fellow doc, MM
    GAV yayyy…You sound optimistic! Thats so good! Good for you sticking with it and then suddenly see things moving the way we want them to! X
    JANEY i love yr laidback attitude! It obviously works! I’ m trying to be more like that,youre my role model!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• posted by Avila
    on

Well done everyone.

My mood is still low but contained as far as food is concerned. Distracted myself with the mowing and other gardening – 3 hours in the heat , but Jawbone didn’t register a lot of it as not actual steps.

No breakfast; brunch? of 2 boiled eggs and lots of leaves and tomatoes etc. Just had supper of stir fried veg with a bit of chilli, and had coriander chopped in full fat natural yogurt to stir through and cool it . going to allow myself a square of 85% coca chocolate.

Trying not to fret over the step backwards weight wise from end of last week and yesterday. (A whole cheesecake just for me, and bag of choc chip cookies, plus booze!!! When I fall I really fall!)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Frog.

Wow for your wonderful results, delighted for you. 🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏👏👏👏🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Thanks janey luvvy, I submit the steps today, been too damn hot here in tropical Kent 😎😎😎 keep up the excellent work yourself, and Tokyo and lucky, keep up the momentum, I’m going back to week one and enjoy it all over again, gluten for discipline me , but just want it b…….y well done and dusted pronto. 😎😊🤐

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh Avila you got a jawbone, so have I want a step duel I’m listed as Jan Moloney. and my profile pic is a Tibetan temple. Then we can spur each other on, it’s really upped my weight loss in the past few weeks.💃💃💃

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results Frog 😃💐

• posted by Avila
    on

Janet,

I am less than a week on the Jawbone – arrived Sat. App keeps freezing on my phone so still figuring out the potential. I think the calorie burn based on my activity is a bit generous get 10k steps, Monday I had 15k…. I think I have linked to you ….

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep just watched it poor ending or what, let’s hope we another good BSD day tomorrow, it’s been 85-90 today and is still horribly humid💥💥💥

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Ooh well you are doing very well with your steps, is it not hot where you are, how long have you been doing this plan.😊

• posted by Avila
    on

Janet – I am on week 4, but effectively lost a week from fails. Yes it has been a very hot day, but my dog needs walking both hot days and soggy days, and that keeps my steps up. I started at 99kg and now about 95ish. (5ft 10) Using kgs as no emotional baggage as I have with st/lbs….

I need to recommit to being stricter to the plan – blinkers to my risk factors. I am not on the diabetic stage but have been oin high blood pressure meds for 2 years – and only 41. So need to lose as much as my dog weighs (25kgs), So far I may have lost a Yorkshire terrier…..or other ‘toy’ breed.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

AVILA i have lost the equivalent of a couple of large cats!well my DDscat is about 13 lbs and ive lost two of him
    😻😻😻😻😻
    JAN yeah i’d have liked it to have been a bit longer with a more satisfactory ending,but it was a good example of how things can escalate badly,even when the person involved is trying to do their best! I like those sort of moral dilemma things x

• posted by Frog
    on

I’ve lost 3.5 Froglets! – she’s 4 kilos, so easy to compute
    thanks everyone for all the congrats on the HBa1c results – I’m really pleased!

spent this evening at cookery club
    made tomato panzanella (salad with stale bread in it soaked in olive oil) – & hauled nearly all the bread out
    made pasta for the main course (from scratch) was wondering if it would work with gram flour, had a small taster, but also made a bowl of courgetti – and the courgetti tasted much nicer than the pasta (and I don’t think that’s a comment on my pasta making abilities, I was working in a pair with the chef, and he said it was good).
    Desert was Tuscan rice and caramel tart – unbelievably sweet, only ate a couple of teaspoons of it.
    – and a couple of glasses of wine

there’s a diabetic cookery school starting next month, so I’ll enrol for that, and preach BSD if it isn’t low carb!! – unless my blood sugar is too normal to enrol now!!
    and they also have a “growbag to table” course that’s based on using seasonal vegetables

• posted by Frog
    on

I overslept because it was so hot last night, and was working today, so went into a Turkish Supermarket near the office to grab some breakfast.
    Entire fridgeful of yoghurt, all of it plain, no flavoured muck, and out of maybe 40 different options I only spotted one that was reduced fat (no zero fat in sight), No idea what brand I purchased in the end, but it was amazing – even better than fage. I left the rest of the tub in the fridge at work.

And a similar selection of different types of Haloumi – amazing
    I suppose that’s the Mediterranean diet for you!

And the lovely people at Oppo have emailed me a voucher for £2.50 off of my next tub!

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Lucky
    glad that you’re feeling better

Never fails to amaze me that whenever I drive to St John’s Wood, there are hoards of people taking photos of themselves on THAT pedestrian crossing – every time, whatever the time of day. It’s nearly fifty years ago FGS!!!
    And the idiots expect me to stop and wait while they do it!!!

rant over 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.