Healthy New Me Part 5 : September-October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Dreamcoat! I need to focus on thing a day to get going, its true. I have been busy busy, preserving lots of fruit / veg and it takes time! Totally distracted from staying on track..
    Thanks Yowzer! I hope your trip to the hairdressers was positive with you feeling lighter ( not just by hair cut lol)
    Mariet, that temp is hot! I hope it cools soon for you. All the best on your maintaining!
    Welcome CatDee! sounds like you are getting a good grip on this, keep going!
    I have just realised its a week or so and a new month starts and I am still dragging my footsies…tonight, I am planning next weeks menu and online shopping for food. I will do this!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I’m currently away in Brighton with two friends and the weather has been appalling today! Windy and rainy!
    I weighed this morning and was exactly the same weight as I was last Wednesday it has been a terrible week for me.
    I’ve had some very bad news regarding the ongoing electric shocks in my ankle. The abdominal MRI scan has shown two retroperitoneal peripheral nerve tumours . It has come as a massive shock (no pun intended)! . I don’t know if it’s a recurrence of my previous Schwannoma or not but the thought of the painful surgery and long recovery period is daunting not to mention the prognosis.. My case was due to be discussed in the sarcoma team meeting on Tuesday but due to the doctors strike it is scheduled for next Tuesday and the sarcoma nurse is going to contact me with a plan on Wednesday. It is what was suspected by my orthopaedic surgeon but I thought my previous history was a red herring and was hoping it was something simple in my ankle. .
    This has been a huge blow. I’m not sleeping and I’m constantly worrying about what lies ahead- worse because I’ve been here before and it was a long way back following surgery. I genuinely hoped that this bus journey was going to be the one for me!!! I’ve tried so hard over the last few years and had a lot of knocks along the way but I always get back up and dust myself down. I’ve enjoyed the support, friendship, huge success in 2017 and plenty of ups and downs with my BSD friends . I didn’t want to disappear from the forum without sharing my news and I will keep my eye on your progress and keep you updated on mine. Thanks for your support during the last 6 years. I hope I’ll be back at some point. Lots of love to everyone.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone. Good to see the recent posts and I’ll catch up with them all properly soon. But this is just a quick post for CATHY to say how sorry I am for your diagnosis and your worries about treatment. My heart goes out to you and I wish you everything positive at this difficult time. Sending lots of love and hugs.
    All the best to everyone else too. Keep posting and I’ll catch up in the next day or two X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Dear Cathy
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am about your news I pray 🙏 you manage this over the next months it must be very worrying for you I will be thinking of you and send you love and support ❤️ as I am sure all your friends on this bus 🚌 do
    Keep in touch if you can and let’s us know how you are doing
    Big hug 🤗love nokie x

• posted by Mariet
    on

Cathy, so sorry to hear your about your diagnosis and your trepidation about the treatment. It is daunting indeed and we will be thinking of you. We both started doing BSD at about the same time, early in 2017 and I’ve often noticed your steadiness and the way you just keep on going!!
    Please stay in touch, there are many here who will be wishing you well and thinking of you.

Marie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Oh Cathy – so sorry to hear your news. I’m a sporadic poster at best but I do recognise your name from last time I did BSD – I’m sure you don’t have to disappear from the bus (unless you want to of course) – it’s always struck me this forum is about more than just losing weight.

All the best,

Jackie

• posted by JGwen
    on

I am sorry to hear your news Cathy,
    On the positive side your experience and knowledge of fasting puts you in the best position for a positive outcome There is a strong body of work on the benefits of combining fasting with treatment to maximise the effectiveness of the treatment.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CCATHY I echo and second DCTS and others comments and Im sending you much love. …dont be a stranger,you wd be really missed here,so please call by when you can and keep us posted on how youre doing XX
    MARIET i feel for you,its hard when the scale isnt moving. Be patient and hopefully you’ll soon get the magical whoooooosh! And dont forget,watch out for those lovely non scale victories xx
    CATDEE well done on 4.5 lbs down! 👏👏 onwards and downwards.
    1960smp,good luck planning yr menus. They say by failing to prepare you prepare to fail,so its worth doing. ( not that im much good at planning meals in advance!)xx
    Happppy weekend everyone,keep on keeping on xx 🫶🏻
    “ May the dream of peace take flight across the world “
    🐝 ¨*• ¸🌼¸¸ 💞🐝*•.¸🌼¨*•💞¸🌼¸¸

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve been blocked from posting for the last few days, not sure why, so just seeing if this post works! Dawn X

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Up at silly o clock, insomnia is quite mad at the moment!
    At the moment I have chicken broth simmering away, all organic and hopefully very nutritious seeing as I have used the best ingredients! I will add this to my soups, and some meals instead of plain water.
    I have read through MM first books and recipes and have loosely decided on a few meals to prepare this week, I say loosely but did shop accordingly so fully intend to implement them…I have realised I have become quite lazy at breakfast / brunch time, rather preferring a quick bowl of gluten free cornflakes or home made granola, low carb. I want to eat more eggs or muffin bakes but they seem to not have the same appeal lol
    I will also remake granola as this was too sweet with the honey I used….
    Cathy, prayers for your healing and comfort at this difficult time..
    Dawn, I hope your posting issue is resolved..

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi 1960,I too have insomnia and am up! You sound very organised with yr shopping and planning!
    Im just pottering about,decided to pop on scales even tho im going by how I /clothes feel..but im at a bit of a loose end so i stepped aboard..have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks. Very happy with that,as ive been very good,and i just hope i can continue and not fall right off the bus into the road. In addition,my DD said my thighs look slimmer..very happy to lose weight off those chunks!.Xx
    DAWN youre unblocked now! 🥳Xx
    CCATHY hi,thinking of you,hope you have a good week Xx🌷
    Lets go guys,another week of zipping across the miles on our trusty bus! Have a good one! XX
    Im going back to bed,see if an audiobook will help me get a few zeds!1960,hope you get some too!xx

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Yowzer
    I managed anothe couple hours zzz
    Weighed once up😧 not terrible but i seem to have added a couple more stones on since last year…. And Even tho i have lost 4 stones altogether I am still in the obese range!! Now i know what am working with.
    Onwards and off it comes! 💃🏽

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Me too 1960..about two hours!. Better than nothing but nowhere near enough. Im taking magnesium at bedtime now. It helps some nights but not always – but overall,has helped me sleep better.
    Weird thing..after weighing in the night,I also weighed after my two hours sleep. Managed to gain two pounds while sleeping 🤷‍♀️ how the heck!!!!!!! This is why i dont weigh..my scales are liars and deserve to be thrown out the window 🫤
    4 stone down is marvellous progress. Imagine trying to carry 4 stone of spuds around? My 13 lb down ( or is it 11 grrrr…) is most of our cat…ive prob still got his ears and tail to lose. And then a whole zooful of other animals to lose before Im reasonably slim.
    I hope you havent had to go to work on 2 hrs sleep? Im a retired lady of leisure so while not sleeping is a drag,at least i can take it easy the next day. I like your onwards and off it comes! A good mantra for all us bus passengers this week. Come on everybody – we can do this! Last push for September,then almost three months left before we’re slipping into our party dresses! XX

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I feel pretty drained now tho, Yowzer but after a day of making brandied plums, strawberry compote and preserving jars of chicken stock made yesterday, I am about fit to drop!!
    Weight thing is weird, no clues here…
    I am a retired 63 yr old lady of leisure altho no leisure as yet lol

But, today I didnt actually count anything but have eaten better than usual, avoiding bread and carbs and just picking at some cold meat and a couple of small rounds of slim pieces of german cheese…evening dinner is steak with mushroom sauce from the bsd recipe book
    O I ate a plum too

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hehe! Thats so funny,ive just been looking at a punnet of plums and thinking i fancy having one,but will one lead to two etc…
    Im finding it hard to stay awake,but hoping to stick it out and have an early bedtime.
    Your days eating sounds great carbwise! Im having veggy sausages and loads of steamed greens tonight.
    Havent had anything yet,so its been a fast day really.
    I hope we both get a grrrrreat sleep tonight! 🥳xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Regarding the gaining 2lb of weight Yowzer.

One litre of water is 2.2 lbs So as our levels of hydration fluctuate during the day (and night) so does our weight. Add that about 55% of a woman’s weight (60% for men) is made up of water you can see how easy it is for just a small change in hydration to make a big difference in scales.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

o Yowzer, great minds re plums. I did only eat one but I could easily over indulge! Hope you slept better…My sleep last night was good, woke up at 3am and thought O no! May as well get up and have a drink but next thing i know its 8am and i’d fell back to sleep!!

Thanks JGwen for the reminder on water, it reminded me to actually get some more down me….

Hope everyone is having a good week so far…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Another sleepless night for me 1960! Glad to hear you had a good sleep. Its great when you wake up and realise youve had a good kip! xx
    JGWEN thanks for that..I always weigh first thing in the morning when im dehydrated for best results on the scales. Im glad to say eventually the scales went back down again and ive still lost 13 lb in 3 weeks.
    Its quiet on the bus,how is everyone? XX

on

YOWZER, hi I’m still here! Slight loss this week but nowhere near your amazing 13lb. That’s brilliant!! Very well done x

I’ve had an up and down week so far. Weight-wise a slight loss so I think I’m slowly getting back on track. But lost of other things going on and sadly my daughter’s cat had to be PTS a couple of days ago. My daughter’s had her since she was very young so that was very upsetting. We spent the weekend together before the vet’s appointment : a very bitter sweet time.

On a positive note, I have bought my MoTB dress! I’d seen a lovely one online and would have gone to the store to try on but it was way too expensive. Then earlier this week I noticed it was down to 50% off. They do refunds online so after a bit of dithering I ordered it. It’s the size larger than I want to be by the wedding but it’s absolutely lovely and I think it will be perfect even when I’m my desired 10lb lighter. It’s a snug fit now and looks fine, but would be even better with a slimmed down version of me. As long as I lose the weight off the waist and belly and not shoulders or bust it will look great 😂

CATHY how are you getting on? Been thinking of you.

1960SMP I hope you start sleeping better (and you too YOWZER). I think our quality of sleep really impacts on our weight loss journey. As well as eater of course – thanks JGWEN for the reminder.

DAWN I hope your posting issues are fixed? Your post from Saturday certainly came through ok. Hope all is well.

JACKIE, NOKIE, MARIET, CATDEE how are you all getting on? Hello to anyone else reading this too.

Hope the rest of the week goes well X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and thanks Yowzer and DCT for letting me know my last post got through, sorry I haven’t got round to posting since then.I can’t remember much of what I tried to post except to say Cathy I was so sorry to read your post and hope you’re doing ok.
    Yowzer congratulations on your amazing weight loss.I need wet lettuces at the minute I’m afraid as my last few weeks have been a bit ‘hitty/missy’ Will try to get back on track today, I haven’t weighed myself and don’t intend to until a have a full week on track.
    My lovely f-I-l who had a fall in March is still not home and was taken into hospital on Wednesday night, very poorly with covid.It’s all very sad.
    I’m not sure when I will get round to posting over the next week but hope everyone has a good week. Dawn X

• posted by 1960smp
    on

I am glad to report that for the past couple of nights I have actually not had to get up!! I have slept better but still felt drowsy in the day, am thankful for small mercies tho so a bit more and longer sleep helps!! I hope you got to sleep more Yowzer!
    I do hope everyone else is doing ok…

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello everyone in the 🚌
    Sorry I haven’t been posting I have read all your posts but been so busy visiting my dear old dad in hospital and trying to sort mum out I just haven’t had the time
    Diet has gone out of window 🪟 as I just been eating when I could also had my sons wedding last week and ate all the wrong things 🤣
    I am going to try and sort myself out this Sunday as it’s 1 st o October!!
    I have flu jab tomorrow then covid jabthe following week also my blood test they want to give me a higher dose of statins which I am not happy about but I am going to talk to doctor about it but can’t get an appointment until Friday 13th!!
    I am going to sit down and work out my food for the week do will post next Friday
    Keep going everyone
    Lv nokie x😘

on

Hello everyone

I’m back from what was an extremely wet and windy Brighton. We had a nice girly few days. Ate at some lovely places and had some good laughs. We are all ex NHS. One a dentist, one a nurse and me so we put the world to rights!
    DCT I am happy that you’ve secured a beautiful outfit for your daughters wedding and I’m glad you’ve not put pressure on yourself by getting one that’s too small that you aim to squeeze into. Very sensible to get one that is perfect now but will be enhanced by a few pounds lost.
    Yowser- you should be given a prize for your incredible weight loss so far on this journey- I’m so happy for you- excellent work!
    Dawn so sorry to hear about your father in law being poorly with covid. Thinking of you and him. So many people are testing positive who haven’t had covid previously. I am back in the vaccination centre on Monday. I decided to go back next week for a few shifts to take my mind off worrying!!! I am seeing the surgical oncologist on Thursday and I have done nothing but worry and ruminate for the last two weeks so I think putting in a few shifts next week with the boosters might help me. My colleagues are happy I am helping them out. If I can’t manage then I’ll just come home.
    1960 – glad you got a good couple of sleeps -and I like your story of eating one plum!
    I have not seen SueBlue post for a little while- I hope you are OK Sue. Let us know how you are doing- you might be like me and not actively taking part in the journey but it would be good to hear that you are ok.
    I put 2lb on after my trip to Brighton- was happy with that. If I am having surgery then that will be a massive incentive to get as fit and as well as possible pre operatively. I’ll see what she has to say on Thursday and I’ll report back. I have been told I have two Schwannomas – one on my psoas muscle on the femoral nerve (that is where my previous one was in 1999) and one bear my ovary. I’ll know more when I see the oncology surgeon on Thursday- all very daunting.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

on

CATHY lovely to hear from you and I’m glad you had a good time in Brighton despite the rain. And if I remember rightly you have Ragdale Hall to look forward to soon? Hope all goes well at the vaccination centre today, I’m sure you’ll be much appreciated there. My mother had her double flu/Covid jabs last week and, as always, everyone was lovely. And I really hope that your appointment on Thursday is reassuring and can offer you a positive way forward.

NOKIE it sounds like you have a lot going on, and I’m glad you enjoyed your son’s wedding. I hope you can get back on track this week and that there is some improvement in your father.

DAWN how is your father-in-law doing? It’s not surprising the last few weeks have been hit/missy!

1960 and YOWZER are you sleeping any better?

It seems that many of us are having a bumpy ride on this bus journey for all kinds of reasons. And even if for some of us our diet and weight loss has not been as good as we would have wanted as a result, I think it’s amazing that we’re all still here and hanging on, even if it’s by the very tips of our fingers. There’s that lovely old saying “This too shall pass”, and I hope that becomes true for so many of us that are in challenging situations right now.

A special hello to some of the old timers we’ve not seen for a little while. Cathy mentioned SUEBLUE, and I’ve also been thinking about LINDA : last I remember she was off cruising, but hope all is well and it’d be lovely to catch up.

Hope that everyone has some small victories this week , whatever they are!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all, I’ve not been well lately and I also found I had somehow dropped off the notifications so haven’t been receiving the posts.

Yowser, congratulations on a very solid result! Well done you!

Dawn, I hope your FIL is home soon, very worrying for you.

DCT, I am sure your dress will be lovely!

CC, very glad to see your post and that you have had a good weekend with friends although the weather sounds challenging! We’ve had more hot weather here, tomorrow is forecast to be 100 on the old scale. My little dog and I both suffer when it’s that hot but the rest of the week should be much cooler.

I’ve finally had some downward movements of the scales, not much but 1.5kg so around 3lb. But keeping on and luckily my carb monster has disappeared for a while 😂

• posted by CatDee
    on

Hi everyone,
    Gosh this is a busy community, I appreciate hearing all your ups and downs, its a true reflection of life and all that brings.
    I have been continuing with the 800cal diet and really enjoying the food from the BSD recipe book. I had some friends over at the weekend and made the goulash which went down a treat. Not going out at the moment if I can help it. I still have my sweet tooth, (if only you could have this pulled) but have been really good about not indulging. Not really missing bread or carbs but and am enjoying the cauliflower alternatives rice and mash.
    Weight loss has slowed right down now only a quarter of a pound this week but I guess that is to be expected. I think maybe I need to move more to make better progress. Normally at this stage I might be tempted to give up but I am even more determined as this is not just about weight but about health for the future.
    I have noticed a big change in my shopping list, the amount of vegetables is far bigger than anything else which must be good. Luckily the family are all enjoying the meals although they do get some carbs with theirs.
    Hope you all have a great week,

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! CATDEE yes! this is about future health. I know my weight loss will slow down now,and this is why Im better avoiding the scales. I need to recite the mantra Not weight now but future health!
    MARIET good to see you,hope you are well now,and the family too xx
    DCT,Ive been thinking of our old bus pals SUEBLUE and LINDA too …we’ll keep their seats warm and hope to see them again soon. Even if youre not low carbing right now girls,pop in and say hi if you can xx
    CATHY I hope the job’s not making too many demands. It’s must be very tiring being on yr feet all day and dealing with the public. Take care! xx
    DAWN oh yr poor Dad! Hope he is over covid now xx NOKIE, its hard to concentrate on food plans when you have a loved one in hosp,and worrying about yr mum too,just do what you can foodwise. Hope youre feeling ok after yr jabs xx
    1960,glad youre sleeping better,it makes such a difference to everyday life. Im still having good or bad nights.
    To all bus dwellers,hold on to your hats and sit tight ! xx We’re in October now so dig deep everyone,and do your very best! XX

“ May the dream of peace take flight across the world “

🐝 ¨*• ¸🌼¸¸ 💞🐝*•.¸🌼¨*•💞¸🌼¸¸

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, I have a NSV to report.
    I went on a mushroom growing course for the weekend. Part of the course involved spending time in a lab creating growing cultures and we had to dress up in protective coveralls and masks. They only had one size of coveralls. It took a little wriggling, and even taking my car key out of my jean pocket, but I did fit in.

There was another long covid sufferer on the course who talked about eating keto…… then I watched him have a cereal based breakfast and biscuits during the coffee break…….. No wonder that the catering team didn’t take the food preferences seriously. We had both said keto on the booking form for food, yet the people running the course made a big thing of having catered for food requirements as their meals were suitable for vegans and vegetarians. they just provided a pasta based dish for lunch on the first day, and risotto for lunch on the second day with nothing different for those eating keto.

For the last couple of weeks I have only done shorter fasts, I have been experimenting with supplements recommended for people with long covid, one which provides energy and one that ramps up autophagy. I just felt that as I was feeling that I wanted to be more physically active, it was worth trying a combination of a supplement which causes autophagy along with eating to support rebuilding. Progress on recovering seems to be similar for both. I don’t think I could have physically managed with the walking around the farm and practical sessions on this course a month ago, but I was still struggling to breath on the uphill sections of walks. to different sites more than I would have done pre covid.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Just popping in to tick that dammed email box, still not getting posts! Hope everyone is ok.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey all. Manic work environment recently. Lots of overtime. Lost a little weight, mostly too busy to eat and also home alone which means not cooking and only eating to my own schedule.

Today I’m at Drs with either piles or a prolapse (tmi?) which is so upsetting (beyond the pain) bc I eat to manage my gut health. If I’m honest things haven’t been perfect since Xmas and have been getting worse. Recent standard bowel cancer screening came back all clear so hope it’s not too serious but it surely isn’t much fun either.

It’s not increased my appetite, I guess there’s that.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Jackie, I hope you have been able to get some help to relive your pain! Sounds dreadful.
    Mariet maybe try emailing the MM support team?
    JGwen good to know you are feeling some benefit, long covid is not nice. My daughter nearly died just after lockdown actually and as a result suffers with a few things today…but am believing all will be well.
    Yowzer, after a short run of good / better sleeps. insomnia returned last night for literally the whole night! Nearly weepy today with tiredness..hope tonight will be better…

Dreamcometrue, my bus ride feels very uphill and bumping every ditch in the road right now…
    Catdee, sincerely love the way you explain your shopping list! I must apply same….

Had a couple appointments this week and so far not all good news…seems my diabetes is causing some neuropathy issues but an MRI and nerve tests will decide that or not…fell off the bus and went and made fairly cakes but tomorrow is a new day and new beginnings!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all, I meant to check in yesterday but better late than never I guess. I had a good week and was feeling quietly hopeful for my trip to the scales on Friday and I was a bit deflated to find only a200g loss. I know a loss is a loss but I had been hoping for more and really, it could be just normal fluctuations and I’ll be back where I was next Tuesday when I weigh again. Then I remembered that all up since New Year, I am a stone down so that’s something to hold onto and just keep on trying!
    I hope things are improving for the folks doing it tough at the moment. Wishing good things for you all.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

MARIET, you might get a nice whooooosh next time you step on the scales! And youre right to focus on the stone youve lost this year. When you imagine carrying around a stones worth of apples or spuds or blocks of butter? What a difference that stone makes 👏👏 its brilliant you have kept it off!
    Im trying this…its called emotional freedom tapping. Watched a tutorial about it. There are places in yr brain that hold the imprint of happy memories..e.g.,eating doughnuts with yr parents,so that you now crave doughnuts because of the emotional happy memories connectedvto that food. And yr brain may also hold unhappy memories of times maybe where there wasnt enough food,or you went to bed hungry. Even pre verbal memories of crying as a baby but not receiving food right away. The tapping releases the happy/ unhappy imprints from yr brain. First time i tried it,i temporarily lost interest in the foods i usually want,i.e., bread,cakes. Second time wasnt quite as effective but still helped me forget about food. Hoping to build on this and get the results i need to lose weight and keep it off,because I know my problems are that Im an emotional eater. Its such an easy technique to use as well and takes just a few minutes.
    Here is a ytube clip about it xxx
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAclBdj20ZU

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

1960, hope youve caught up on yr sleep. I just dont ever know if im going to have a good night or bad! There seems no rhyme or reason to it. I was shocked to read about yr daughter. How stressful that must have been for you and yr family. XX
    JACKIE,JGWEN and all,specially those struggling with health issues / family with health issues, keep on keeping on,singing and dancing as we travel up hill and down dale,beep beep! Get out of our way! 🚌 ❤️xx

on

Hi everyone

JGWEN well done on your NSVs – both getting into the coverall and also having the energy to participate fully.

MARIET hope you are feeling better? And as you say, a loss is a loss. No matter how small. Also remember that the scales do fluctuate and can be very fickle. I’m saying that to myself as much as anyone else as I tend to be too number-driven. Same applies to you CATDEE – even though there is not much movement on the scales there may well be other changes happening that you are not aware of. I always forget to take measurements but they really can tell you a lot. My numbers are pretty level at the moment. I hope they will go down soon but the main thing I want to address in parallel is belly fat as that is making many of my clothes unwearable. So I’m trying to fit in lots of exercise and activities to tackle that as well.

JACKIE how are you doing? I hope that they’ve found out what is wrong and are giving you treatment that helps?

1960, like Yowzer, I was shocked to read about your daughter being so ill. What a worry. I hope that she continues to improve. And that you get some sleep x

YOWZER thanks for the info and the link, I will try to watch it today or tomorrow. Hope it continues to help!

DAWN and NOKIE how are your loved ones doing? Please take care of yourselves too.

And CATHY. how did your appointment go? And your week at the vaccine centre? Been thinking of you and hope that there is something positive happening xx

Hope that everyone has a good week. Keep posting! X

on

Hello everyone
    Good to read everyone’s news and wishing everyone well. I have had a very stressful week. I am realising just how much I’ve been carrying and I am thankful for my week away at Ragdale Hall next week. Four nights of me time! I’m going with my best friend and those who know me know that last time we went we also went with Anne her sister who sadly died in February after being diagnosed with a brain tumour. . We will definitely be thinking of her whilst we are away. I am really looking forward to this break and I hope it will renew my batteries . .
    I went to see the consultant this week. The two tumours in my abdomen are benign but they’re referring me to Christie hospital to the retroperitoneal team because of where they are situated deep within my abdomen: Also, she doesn’t think these tumours are causing the electric shocks in my ankle so you can imagine how frustrated and disappointed i felt. She thinks I need to see a spinal surgeon and have a spinal MRI but she advised waiting to see what the retroperitoneal team think. I have had enough of hospital appointments and investigations and I’ve decided that when I come back from Ragdale I am getting back on board- so please dust down my seat and I’m going to dust myself down, get myself in tip top shape for potential surgery and also to get some control back in my life. I am not giving up!! The covid centre was ok this week. Some nice people came in. I have been very tired but I think I’m worn out with worrying! So – despite the electric shocks which nobody can diagnose and despite having two further rare retroperitoneal Schwannomas I will be back on board next week and I will take back some control!
    I recently read a book called You are a badass and I am going to use it’s advice on how to love what you can’t change to inspire me to keep going on my weight loss mission purely to optimise my health.
    I am going to put the last few months behind me and try and stay as positive as possible going forward. Any weight loss will be a bonus.
    Life is made up of ups and downs and this journey has been one of many twists and turns for most of us. Keep going everyone. We can all be a badass!!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks for saying Yowzer, NO, my sleep is erratic as ever! Today I slept in later than I ever do but still feel foggy because I was up last night in the night again…I do hope you got a better sleep
    It is good to see lots of you posting but I can’t recall what I read from whom so will just say, all the best to you all. Trying is the best we can all do.
    I am glad to report that I gave it my best yesterday and got thru a whole day with very few carbs! A first for me in a long time. Today am planning to make the chicken and chorizo recipe from the 1st BSD recipe book. sounds nice so hope it is. I am giving it my best 1 day at a time presently. I have planned a few dinners this coming week tho and for snacks I have got in some celery, cream cheese, mackerel ( to do mash mackerel pate ) and some peppers and carrots to nibble on if needs be.

I hope you all have a good week….

• posted by CatDee
    on

Hi everyone,
    Another pound this week, so very happy with that. I have made some delicious meals from the BSD cookbook Stir fry beef with asparagus was sooo good, The best surprise for me has been the chinese style cabbage with beansprouts, I never knew I would enjoy cabbage so much and it goes with so many meals as a side. I do a few noodles for my husband but he also likes the cabbage/beansprout combo.
    I keep having to remind myself that this is a bit like getting a dog, its not just for Christmas its for life. The recipes are defo making it so much easier as I don’t feel like I am missing out. I do make a dark chocolate trail mix bar that I got from the Joe Wicks diet years ago and this satisfies my sweet tooth and is still reasonably healthy.
    Sorry to hear that some of you are having a horrible time healthwise and am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts.
    Sleep has been a big issue or lack of sleep but I havent been too bad most recently, still need to move more as I dont think a leisurely dog walk is enough to keep me fit and strong. Thinking of wall pilates, has anyone tried this?
    Good luck this week everyone and I plan to be a badass for sure!!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Catdee that is good, 1pound off is another pound less! Whoo whoop
    I liked the sound of those recipes so checked them out, am slowly making my way through the recipe books…

on

Morning everyone! Well done CATDEE for your loss this week, and also 1960SMP for the food planning. I find that really makes a difference (note to self!!).

I’ve had a mixed week. Was pretty strict earlier in the week – particularly no wine – and began to see a loss. By mid week was down 2.2lb (which I think is equivalent to a bag of sugar 😀) but yesterday was out celebrating my daughter’s birthday and this morning 3lb had gone back on. Grrrrr!! I know it’s probably just water weight but am cross (with myself as much as the scales).

Anyway, am off away for a few days now, leaving shortly, but just wanted to say hello. I’ll be back online next weekend. CATHY I hope you had a wonderful time at Ragdale Hall and feel refreshed in the midst of everything else.

Hope you all have a positive week, and I’ll see you next weekend!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve tried posting a few times but have been blocked so this is my final attempt…..
    Dawn X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello Dawn and fellow bus 🚌 travellers

Dawn I have been having trouble too I seem to get a message then it disappears!
    I can read some messages very strange😊
    I have paid my £12 a month again and rejoined mm I am trying to do 5.2 as I don’t seem to be getting anywhere again I will still stay on bus 🚌 as I love this group but I thought by rejoining i could pick up some different ideas and recipes 😋
    My blood test came back from docs he was very pleased as my cholesterol has gone down a lot so just got to keep trying with the pre diabetes now.
    My dad still poorly but we all looking after him bless him
    Have a good week everyone hope this get’s posted
    Lv nokie 😊

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Dawn, if you are getting the scammer box coming up, I think all you have to do is put in your email address and in a short while you will be cleared for posting. Yes it was b—-dy nuisance and still doesnt stop scammers, just us legitimate posters.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’ve had a bad week, don’t know what has got into me but have had no Will power at all, and things that haven’t been a temptation for me for a long time have been irresistible. And I’ve received my just desserts, 1 kg up this week. I’m not disappointed, just so cross with myself.

Oh well, pick myself up and keep on, hoping to do better this week.

on

Morning everyone! It’s gone a bit quiet on here so I hope you are all doing well.

I’ve been MIA as I was away on holiday last week and today am heading north to tie up the loose ends on my mother’s flat.

I’m aware that the end of October – and therefore this leg of the journey – is rapidly approaching and want to check if a few of us want to continue in another thread up till Christmas? I definitely do. I’m disappointed with myself for not making more progress this time and definitely want to shed half a stone by Christmas.

But on the other hand I know that there has been a lot going on in my life, and keeping my eye on the ball in terms of carbs and calories hasn’t always been number one priority. And reading lots of your posts on here I think many of us are in the same position : whether it’s health problems, family issues, other stress factors – or just generally running out of steam.

Anyway, let me know what you think? And also how things are going for you. I hope that something positive happens for everyone in these last few days of our Part 5 journey.

Love and hugs, DCT XX

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello DCT
    ANd fellow bus pals💕
    Yes it has gone quiet on our bus but i would like to stay on the next journey if you are Going to carry on I know I keep falling off my seat but I feel we are still keeping going even if it’s a bumpy road life does get in the way for various reasons but if I think I can’t be bothered some days I just remember you guys (even though we have never met!) I know you are all there I I climb back onto my seat 💺 and give myself a talking too !! Eight weeks to Christmas 🎄 let’s give it a go
    Have a good weekend everyone I am off to see my two grandkids in Bedford on Sunday have not seen them since March !! We are going trick or treating Halloween 🎃 on Tuesday night I have been told I can share their bucket 🪣 to collect treats I promise I won’t let a sweet touch my mouth
    Let us know whether we are all carrying on
    Take care Ryan’s be kind to yourselves
    Nokie 😘

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii everyone! Cant believe how quickly time has passed….Yes Please DCT,lets keep drivin the bus til Christmas!
    Hope all are well,i cant quite get over a bug,its just lingering. Stay bugfree guys! Enjoy seeing the grandkids NOKIE! XX

• posted by JGwen
    on

I would like to book a seat on the next bus.

I have been fixated on maximising autophagy rather than fat loss over the last couple of months. Maybe that is why my body is being so unhelpful. I realised the other day that I have dropped a ring size, the rings I would normally wear on the little figure when I go out now are a little loose on the next finger. I hope that continues so that I can wear them on my middle finger at the end.

I also seem to be discarding fat along my legs, and hollows forming at the side at my waist but not down the centre of my waist or the lower spare tyre. – I really want to have a clear out of clothes, getting down a dress size would give me a good reason to throw away lots that are fit for working in, but the lower spare tyre and fat where I should have a 6 pack is being stubborn.

Right now I am focused on maximising heart health rather than the reading on the scales. – I am on a waiting list for a second echocardiogram and I want to have increased as much as possible the output figures for my left ventricle by the time of that test. – I don’t like being classified by the NHS as having chronic heart failure which triggers a wide range of assumptions on how I am treated within the system. Also travel insurance will be very expensive when I do reach my target weight if I am still in the same category.

I know that working to build muscle is going to put me in the inch loss but no weight loss, but there are loads of fun I can have along the way this way. – I picked up some exercise CD’s but there are lots of hedges to tame and cleaning to do as well around my fields and house.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve been trying to post most days for about a week but have been blocked.SG yes it’s the scam box which comes up.I’ve asked to be unblocked a few times but only was once then immediately blocked again.I’ve completely lost the plot food wise, the entire family has had Covid and f-I-l almost didn’t pull through and I haven’t been concentrating on making food plans. I’m definitely in for the next journey but, if I’m blocked again, may not be able post.Hope everyone is ok. I hope this post goes through.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DAWN! Its gone through. Sorry youre having probs,i hope it gets sorted coz we dont want to lose you xx
    So sorry to hear all the family have been unwell,and I hope yr F IL gets better soon x
    Im just about maintaining,but thats about all,deffo not getting any slimmer at the moment. Lets see what we can do btw now and Crimbo! Love to you and all bus travellers! Beep beep! 💜💕💜

Please log in or register to post a reply.