FODMAP and BSD Way Of Life

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JakDaw
    on

I’m new to this and trying to combine it with FODMAP guidelines which I’m using on GP’s advice. I can eat dairy, but not pulses, beans, cauliflower, broccoli or onions. I can use quinoa, but would like some advice/suggestions on ideas for carb ‘filler’ replacements for rice, potatoes & pasta please.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi JakDaw
    I don’t actually actually use ‘carb filler’replacements as I have found the healthy fats in the BSD are much more of a filler than rice, potatoes, pasta and bread ever were.

We use spiralised courgettes in place of rice , potatoes and pasta. I like stir fried cabbage but I don’t think it is FODMAP friendly. I also love wilted spinach and aubergine (separately not together) in place of the carbs but husband doesn’t. I don’t follow a FODMAP diet but haven’t added any pulses to my diet – that’s just personal preference.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

Have you looked at konjac noodles? I think they are FODMAP friendly, and although they are a bit strange compared to normal noodles I found the transparentones – you can get them on Amazon, they are called zero noodles, very good in stir fries. They certainly fill you up. Good luck

• posted by JakDaw
    on

I haven’t heard of konjac noodles, I’ll look into that, many thanks.

• posted by JakDaw
    on

Spiralized courgettes are great and we sometimes mix them with spiralized carrot. I’ll try the wilted spinach and have another go with aubergine. Many thanks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.