Fish allergy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Too.much.of.me
    on

Hi, I am a newbie and looking forward reducing my weight/ losing fat as so many of you have succeded in doing.
    However, I have a fish allergy and wonder what I can substitute for fish which seems to be an important part of the Med. diet?
    Thanks.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I detest all types of fish and seafood and don’t even think in terms of substituting. If I see a recipe or recommendation for a fish meal I just turn the page and eat something else. You can eat pretty much any protein on this diet so there is chicken, most lean meat, eggs, cheese, nuts, avocados, some of which will give you the good oils that fish do (google what to eat to get omega3 and 6) as well as spinach and lots of other things.

Chuck the fish back in the sea and enjoy your food.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

To.much.of.me
    Great suggestions from Sunshine-girl. As I don’t eat enough fish I eat flaxseeds every day as they are a good source of omega 3 oil.

on

Thank you – good idea:)

on

Flax seeds it is then-thanks:)

on

Flax seeds, chia seeds and walnuts are higher in omega 3 than salmon or mackerel. Who needs fish.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Me, me, me!

I love it! Sea bream for lunch.

Sorry, I’ll get my coat……

on

I am bumping this to the top as someone has just asked the same questions, saves us having to answer again. Am I getting lazy…….

on

Have been using the flax seeds on several things and they are delicious! Thanks sunshine-girl.

Please log in or register to post a reply.