Fat or fluffy?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Here goes! I am trying to lose weight, and become healthier along the way. I am following the programme with my husband who is T2D. He is already on a host of Meds, as well as insulin. This has been recommended by my daughter, who is pre diabetic, and my son in law who is T2D. As I have such a lot of weight to lose, I would be really interested to read success stories of other people on here. I am female, 4′ 10″ tall, wear a size 35 shoe and currently weigh 17st. Feeling a little overwhelmed, but hoping for good things. Hope I haven’t bored anyone to death, yet! Lol, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Look at posts my captainlynne and krysia to name 2 that have reversed their diabetes, you will now find lynne on a maintenance thread. Put these names into the search box at the top of the page.

Good luck with the plan – it does work

• posted by topcac
    on

Welcome shyshihtzu – as an owner of two of the little fluff balls myself I’m hoping your name means you own them too!

I am positive that this will work for you and am sending positive vibes now – there are people on here that have dropped upwards of 100lbs, some in less than a year and as sunshine girl says, look up a couple and see their journey – it’s inspiring stuff.

There will be lots of people happy to share experiences with you so don’t hesitate to ask – there’s no such thing as a stupid question. If you haven’t got the book already I would recommend you read that first and then go for it!! Good Luck – I will keep this page bookmarked so that I can follow your progress ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Thanks for the reply! Main thing 1st, we certainly do own a little fluff ball, Peanut. 2 years old and gorgeous! Lol, but very naughty, in a nice way. Restaurants, hotels, cafรฉs – no problems at all. He’s an absolute joy. Sorry, slightly off topic there lol.
    Thank you for the encouragement, as you can see, I have a long way to go ๐Ÿ˜•I entered a couple names that were suggested, but must have been doing something wrong, as I couldn’t find their stories. I’ll have another go. I will be very brave, albeit hiding behind my pseudonym, and put my 1st week’s weight loss and any other bits and bobs I have discovered in my 1st week. I have read the book, my daughter loaned me her copy, but my book and the cook book, should arrive tomorrow, courtesy of Amazon.
    I will also note how my husband is doing, ie with insulin, blood sugars etc.
    I think I have a lot of reading to do. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am one of the 100 pound losers mentioned, although not within a year, and can certainly vouch for the weightloss being both faster, and once you are into the rhythm easier than any other diet I have ever tried, and although I was always deeply resistant to giving money to weight watchers and slimming world I have tried many other diets over the last few decades. If you have any questions just post them on this or any thread and someone will usually be able to help.

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Thank you mixnmatch, nice to get your comments. I think I was programmed from a very early age to be a fat baby/toddler/teenager/adult. ….enough of the excuses though. I have been dieting since my early teens, I am now almost 60 years old. I have tried every diet going, and lost and gained after each episode. After seeing my daughter and her husband’s weight loss, blood sugar levels etc. I was inspired to read the book. Now I will read it again, just to make sure I understand what I’m going to be doing in the future. I don’t know if anyone will follow this ‘thread’, but I will update it each week, and post my weight loss etc. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m off to read your profile now, I may even fill mine out a little bit more ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I really need to put something in mine!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Shyshihtzu

If you click on my name on this post you’ll see my profile, with my story so far.

I’m female, now aged 66. Slightly taller than you at 5ft 1ins. Living in England. Shoe size 5 (think that’s 38).

Any questions, please ask.

Best wishes for your BSD journey.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Shyshihtzu
    Welcome! I’m a champion yo yo dieter and this one works!
    I’m 57, 5’6″, shoe size 41, live in Sydney, Australia and have lost 32kg over about 6 months and have now been maintaining since October last year.
    Stay low on the carbs – less than 50g per day, less if you are T2D or insulin resistant and only the good carbs ie green leafy vegetables etc. don’t go too high in protein (any excess your body doesn’t use converts to glucose) – 1-1.5g per kilo of ‘ideal’ body weight per day is plenty and don’t be afraid of fat. If you buy low fat/lite products, you’ll find the carb levels go up and they won’t satiate you like full fat does.
    Drink at least 3 litres of water per day and try and get in 10,000 steps per day.
    That’s the basics, there is more, but we don’t want to overwhelm you!
    Just ask if you’ve got any questions! We are all more than happy to help.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Thank you so much for your kind words. I must say that people seem to care how you do on the programme. I have a Vivofit and the diet record app, so now I just need my 2 books. Hopefully, they will be here tomorrow. Well done on your amazing journey. I hope I can be as successful ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by CJF62
    on

Hi! I too am in Australia, but I will follow you to give you any support that you need. I admire your courage and strength. Although I have lost only 6 kilos, I need to shed another very stubborn 7! I am 5’9″ and wear a size 40 shoe, so I’m close to a good weight but would prefer a ‘safety’ area. This way of eating really works and the weight drops off quickly so be prepared to have plenty of clothing changes! I wish you well and hope that you find lots of encouragement and support on this thread!

• posted by Shyshihtzu
    on

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. Hopefully, this will be the last time I fail at a diet! It seems that everyone has had a good outcome from following this way of eating. I’ll post my weight loss next week. Here’s hoping ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Shyshihtzu
    I agree with everyone who has posted – this really does work. I had T2D and was on Lantus insulin for nightime and Novorapid fast acting insulin after eating anything but still had diabetic retinopathy and macular oedema. Diabetes is now in remission and eyes are absolutely normal – no retinopathy.

The carbs are the key for me and I haven’t had one mouthful of sugary or starchy carbs since May when I started. This has made it so easy because I don’t have any cravings for carbs as long as I don’t eat that first mouthful.

It’s so good that you are doing this with your husband. Although my husband doesn’t have diabetes he has supported me 100% which has really helped me.

• posted by topcac
    on

Morning from me and my two fluff balls – Millie and Daisy – hope your books arrive today – we are all ‘watching’ you eagerly and spurring you on in virtual space ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by topcac
    on

Hey Shyshihtzu – how are you getting on?

Please log in or register to post a reply.