CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Life can suck you down sometimes, can’t it? Your spa weekend sounds like a wonderful tonic, (with or without the gin🍹) Many hugs coming your way, MKπŸ’–πŸ’–

• posted by Verano
    on

Enjoy your spa break MK !

• posted by Busybee
    on

The spa sounds just what the doctor ordered (?MM) enjoy every minute.
    X B

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

MM – hope you have a lovely time at the spa. It sounds as though you could really do with some pampering. We looked after my father-in-law when he had dementia and we lost him for 8 hours one day. We were just about to call the police when he walked through the door. It was a stressful time.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sorry – I meant to type MK not MM.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

MK just enjoy your break, you will come back looking a million dollars.

My weight is the same and BG this morning back in the 4’s, wanted to 72 kgs before tomorrow but just hovering above that. Still, I am nearly 2 kgs lighter than at my last doctors appointment. Got the dentist this afternoon, my least fave medical appointment. Hope I dont need any treatment.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello fellow challengers.
    I have struggled with temptation ove the past few weeks, become more and more despondent and to be honest, rather bored with the whole thing!
    So I am going to take a break from weighing (both food and my body) , the constant viewing of the forum and daily promises to myself that today I will start again.
    I do not have diabetes but do have metabolic syndrome and am definitely easily addicted to carbs. I know the low carb way of eating suits my body and calms the monster but I just need a break.
    Thank you all for your suppport and humour and I’m sure I will see you soon.
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Busybee

Know exactly where you’re coming from! I couldn’t write down what I’ve eaten today but biscuits feature very heavilly !!! So does chocolate, lentils in fact anything carby and off the BSD plan!

We all go through this from time to time and sometimes a break is good. I’ve had a few days of not so good choices with a huge blow out today. For me tomorrow is another day and hopefully I’ll be back on track.

If you need a change and time and space then take it but know that there will always be somebody here keeping on keeping on, ready to pull you back on the wagon when you feel ready again.

Enjoy your break without guilt or remorse.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey BusyBee – sorry things have been such a struggle for you recently. Can completely understand that you feel you need time out to refocus. It’s tough when you feel things are getting away from you, despite best efforts, so it makes sense to take a break for a while. Hope you will soon be feeling more positive and be ready to come back to us and the BSD. Meanwhile, be kind to yourself – you deserve it.

on

Busybee, know where you are coming from, I’ve had a few times when I have had enough but because of diabetes I have kept to the no carbs, just not worried too much about calories. I am hanging on by the skin of my teeth right now (although my teeth are fine, just need scaling) but there is an end in sight with my holiday in 3 weeks time when I will take my diet break. You will come back feeling ready to give it another go, just treat yourself kindly.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Busybee, as of this morning I am back on the wagon after just such a break. I think it is the right thing for you to to do as long as you don’t stop weighing at least once a week. That has been my saviour this time from the dreaded yo-yo. The carbs crept back in, treats became too common and I have got to what I always decided was my trigger weight (3 weeks later). I am restarting taking control today, which will put me out of step with the challengers, so I will be posting on the Motivated Marchers thread. Good news is I don’t seem to have put much ‘size’ on so I have chosen my trigger weight well, I will start with an 800 day today and then move to 1200 calories after that.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

I’m with you MIxnmatch. The last few days for me have been pretty low. Think it’s end of winter blues. So this morning I have drawn a line under the last 8 months and have started a new journal page with new goals. I will weigh in on Tuesday no matter what the outcome but won’t be joining another challenge for the moment.

Well done Mixnmatch in finding a ceiling weight to keep yourself in check on maintenance that’s the really hard part. I just need to reach that point!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome back Mixnmatch and well done on getting your trigger weight in maintenance right, that’s something to be pleased about. Wherever you are posting, I hope that getting back to the BSD will be an easy step for you and you will see the results you are hoping for quickly.

Sorry you are feeling low Verano. Making a fresh start with new goals is a very positive thing to do. I was reading yesterday about keeping a positive journal, with lists of things achieved, noting daily three good things that happened that day (no matter how small – might be as simple as a stranger smiling at you), making a note of dreams and aspirations. One of the things I have done in the past, was writing a list of at least ten positive words each day and I found this helped to lift my mood.

Good decision not to put pressure on yourself with another challenge at the moment. Keep in touch though Verano and hopefully you will be feeling more positive soon.

on

Today I reach 72kgs so I am very happy. My BG was 5.1. I have my doctors appointment at 2pm today and i’m very excited about that. Will post later to let you know what he has to say. I have now lost a total of 25 lbs (slow going I know) and my waist in 35 inches which is within the healthy range. Still a long way to go but this diet was the best decision of my life.

Did anyone see Dr Hilary on Lorraine yesterday. He was telling us that there is an American trial that can cure diabetes within 12 weeks. Who would believe it…… said whilst rolling eyes. Welcome to our world Dr Hilary. Catch you all later.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – can’t wait to hear what your doctor says this afternoon.

on

Doctor said ‘bravo, bon resulte’. But he is a bugger, he always want more, I told him to look at my cholesterol which is 1.94 g/l and he said he would like it to be 1.0 g/l but if you look on the chart it says it should be between 1.60 and 2.30 so well within acceptable range. So have to stay on statins, for now. My Total plus HDL is 3.9 and that is within the range of under 4.5. One extra piece of good news, my blood pressure was 110/60. I asked if I could reduce my BP meds and he said I am on the lowest dose possible so not yet….. I don’t mind as it is just the insulin and having to inject daily that I want rid of. He wrote my prescription for 30 units daily then realised I am on 22 but no matter as they cant exactly cut a box of syringes in half. I will just not bother to pick up one box over the 3 months.

He had a student doctor with him so I showed her my book (bible more like) and told her I dont eat simple carbs, she said ‘oh but you must now and then it is human nature, surely you must miss bread’ but I told her there is lots of carb in other things and I dont need white carbs and it works. What with my bg results and my bp, I was doing the happy dance in the surgery, la folle anglaise…. (crazy English woman).

Now I am going to try on a pair of size 12 white jeans and a size 14 dress I bought 3 years ago but have never managed to get into because it is so fitted. Wish me luck.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Look after yourself, Busybee, I truly empathise with where you’re at right now. So, hugs, and hope we hear from you at a later date.
    Welcome back MixnMatch, good on you for knowing your stopping point and having the will to get going again.
    Verano, you and I seem to be working in parallel at the moment, snacks, carbs that don’t help us. My confession for tonight is, erk, fish and chips from the local shop. Have it now and again as OH likes it and I’m lazy. It’s always grilled fish because its GF and I will have 3 or 4 chips +salad, but tonight I had a huge serving. Rats. And I feel bloated, awful taste in mouth, down on myself. I don’t seem to be learning from my lessons! I don’t want to say that I’m stopping because I know I would go into a complete reversal, it would be a reverse whoosh….. keep on keeping on.
    Sunshine-girl, thank goodness for one happy story, thank you:) Looking forward to hearing about your doctor’s appointment…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great that you’re not allowing the Doc’s negativity overshadow your justifiable pride in your achievement, sunshine-girl. Hope you get into the jeans and dress and continue to happy dance for the rest of the challenge! Have a great w/e.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Sunshine-girl, your post came on while I was typing. Yes, definitely a happy story, no wonder you’re happy dancing. Clapping and whoo-hooing from over here.
    Hope your clothes fit. On some other board they used to talk about JOTF i.e. Jeans of the Future, things that had been packed away just in case. Hope your white jeans stop being JOTF but are now JOTP ( the present). xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sunshine-girl, WOOHOOOOO πŸ™‚ Well done, that is some achievement, you should be very proud of yourself. Doing the happy dance with you. πŸ™‚ I treated myself to a pair of new jeans today because, despite the fact that I wasn’t going to buy any new clothes until I reach my goal weight, my jeans are literally falling off me, constantly hitching them up, and I am going away for a few days next week, so bought a new pair of skinnies, and guess what?…………….Size 12 πŸ™‚ Fit like a dream, so hope yours do too. πŸ™‚

Mixnmatch, good to see you. Having a trigger point is a really good idea for maintenance, and I will adopt it as and when (refuse to say if) I get there.

Busybee, enjoy your break, and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Marsie, don’t worry about the fish and chips (as long as you enjoyed them at the time). It’s a good thing that you felt bloated afterwards though because it just shows that you didn’t need them and hopefully, will deter you next time.

Verano, really sorry to hear you’ve been feeling low, I think we all get like that sometimes. But starting afresh is a great idea – it’s no longer the end of winter blues, it’s the start of spring yellows (is there such a phrase? No idea, but you know what I mean) – new season, new day, new page in journal, new mood, NEW YOU πŸ™‚

on

Well the jeans fit but could not fasten, dress fits and fastens but still a little too tight. But you have reminded me I have some other jeans in the draw. The significance of the white jeans is that I have never managed to get them on except for the day I bought them. Other jeans have been worn.

My doctor is a sweetheart but he always needs to pick up on something, it is as if he wants to earn his €23 that I have to pay him. Got the student to check out my big toes as I have been getting that numb feeling that I used to have pre-BSD. She checked my pulses and stabbed me a few times and I could feel it all so no real problem. I cant explain, but when I stand on the floor in bare feet my big toes feel thick. That is the only word I can use to describe it, but all is okay.

I sometimes knock myself for only (ONLY) losing 25 lbs in 8 months. I need to remind myself that I had been told that it was difficult to lose weight whilst on insulin (it is known as the fat magnet) but not impossible. Well, yes, it is possible and I have done it. Only 3 lbs to my 2 stone mark.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Your 25lb in 8mths is a great achievement and getting into those jeans is a big step forward too. Don’t make the mistake I did, I had a lovely pair of bright red narrow legged trousers that were painfully tight, so I put them aside to wait for the day I could wear them comfortably. When I decided recently now must be the time, they hung off me and so I can’t wear them now either. Keep checking those jeans and be sure to get enjoyment being able to wear them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl … Huge great WELL DONE !! All seems to be going in the right direction and I think that’s all we can hope for. As you say it’s much more difficult to lose weight when you’re taking insulin so you have done even better than just a number. Your doctor is obviously delighted with your results, even though he now wants ‘more normal than normal’, so just bask in the glory and enjoy!

Glad the jeans fit they will do up soon. The dress sounds like it’s 98% there just a few more pounds maybe?

Having a bit of a spring clean I opened up a box of ‘thinner’ clothes yesterday. Well they may fit me now but I just wouldn’t wear them anymore!! One thing I did notice was that my shape has changed but unfortunately not for the better! Although, the ‘number’ is lower than it was when I last wore those clothes they just don’t seem right. Maybe they never were!

Anyway, I’ve decided that anymore old clothes can just go to the charity shop. When I do lose more weight I will deserve new things and that will be an incentive to keep on keeping on.

SunnyB it’s a good idea to write down 10 positive words a day and I must admit just having drawn a line under the last eight months, which were good weightwise, and turning a new page in my journal I feel much brighter. Today I am drinking more water and so far so good foodwise. You’re right Theodora this is the start of a new season and a new me!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sunshine-girl, I agree – 25lbs is a GREAT achievement, especially on insulin when people say it can’t be done. So huge pat on the back, and great that you are “this” close to zipping those white jeans up and looking slinky in that dress. πŸ™‚

Haha, SunnyB – been there, done that! I’ve already sent a couple of dresses to the charity shop – bought in sales, for “when I lose weight” but already too big, so never worn, and labels still attached!!

Verano, glad you are feeling more positive – welcome NEW YOU! πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Congratulations, sunshine-girl! I’m a little annoyed with your doctor on your behalf. I don’t understand why he wants your cholesterol to be so much lower than the normal range and besides, some enthusiasm and positive reinforcement wouldn’t kill him. Doctors…

Anyway the moral of the story is you’re kicking ass, defying all the odds and reclaiming your health. Well done!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Really pleased you are feeling more positive now, Verano. This time of year can be difficult for many of us. It used to be a really bad period for me, but in recent years I have used the ploy of persuading my OH that come oct/nov we should book a holiday for the spring. This gives me something really good to look forward to and that seems to keep me from slipping too far in to the gloom.

Great that you have turned the page and are making a fresh start. Be sure to write lots of positive stuff down as soon as you can, then you’ll have something uplifting to refer to if things start to slip again. Try listing all your achievements in the last 8mths, I’m sure you will be surprised how much that amounts to and give you good reason to be proud of yourself.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Great news Sunshine-girl that your blood pressure readings were so good and your cholesterol is still low – even with the lovely cheddar cheese that you brought back from the UK.

You are doing so well and the jeans and the dress will very soon fit you – and then you will find that they will start to get baggy.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Glad you reached the magic 72 kg in time for your appointment sunshine-girl. Keep trying the jeans and dress, it sounds like you are so close now, and sometimes your shape changes even without a weight change. Keep on keeping on, and here’s to your insulin free future.

on

Today I am going to Bergerac where there is a Carnival on and I have been learning a Flash Mob dance, so when the music starts up I will be there dancing along, just hope I can remember the moves.

• posted by Verano
    on

Enjoy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. That’s if there’s anyone still out there!!!

Last weigh-in tomorrow and I’m struggling to meet my 4lb goal after four days off track this week. May just do it only a fraction of a pound away. Need to be vigilant today.

Have a good last day !

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I was at the top end of my maintenance weight at the start of this challenge – mainly because I was grabbing chunks of cheddar because I was too busy to prepare and eat a proper lunch. Was also putting too much cream in my coffee.

Last week – even though work is still hectic – I went back to more healthy eating and have made sure I was eating much more Mediterranean style with bucket loads of all sorts of leafy green veg, lots of fish and olive oil etc. I actually feel better and more energetic and blood sugars are better. I still do have cheese and cream but in much more limited quantities.

Tomorrow should be able to post a good weight loss and will continue on the next challenge to lose a bit more to give me more wriggle room.

This forum has really kept me on track – even though I haven’t had time to post much. Am now in my 4th month on maintenance and haven’t once gone over my trigger weight (I have borrowed your word for it Mixnmatch)

on

Hi everyone, well the flash mob dancing just never happened. Typical of French entertainment, the carnival was set to start at 2pm and we arrived around 2.30. One good thing, all the parking in the city was free for the day. There were about 6 or 7 stalls and all for children, build a castle using wooden blocks, face painting, make dolls out of cardboard tubes. And a band. We decided to walk down to the river and we ended up in a bar having a glass of wine then walked back to the hub of the carnival and it was still as bad with hardly anyone there. Well, I did plenty of walking and it was an afternoon out.

Not been good over the weekend, a few glasses of wine a couple of voddies and a couple of liqueur chocolates. Weight is back up but still not touching 73kg which I never want to see again. I asked myself if it was worth it and realised I didn’t even enjoy the drinks, just having them for the sake of it, so I will stick to my guns over the next 2 weekends before we go to Spain. Doubt I will hit my goal of 11 stone but I will do what I can.

BG is still low at around 4.3 and I have reduced the insulin again. Have a good week everyone and looking forward to our weigh in tomorrow (NOT).

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello everyone. Have just opened up our new challenge, ready for us to move over to after our weigh-in tomorrow. Look for: β€œBEAT THE DEMON HOT CROSS BUN & EASTER EGG CHALLENGE” 4WEEKS ENDING 18TH APRIL.

Good luck everyone for your final weigh-in of this 4 weeks πŸ’Ÿ

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’m back (under 11 stone) after just three days below TDEE and watching carbs I am back to 10 stone 12.8, just 2 pounds up from when I got back from holiday. This suggests very strongly that water or solids hanging around were the problem as suspected, but I now have to work out whether that is a sign of a problem for me, and what precisely caused it. After just three restricted carb/calories days I have lost 8.5 pounds, which is even faster than I did when I started the 8 weeks, so I am now wondering if maybe I should be setting my trigger weight higher than 11 stone 7, if this sort of fluctuation is going to happen again, or whether I should be trying to identify a particular intolerance.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Morning all.
    Not a good weigh-in but hardly unexpected. 63.4kg is where I was 2 wks ago. And given my lack of focus and discipline I suppose I’m lucky its not more. This is doable I know, so on to the next challenge.
    Hope everyone else has great results today. Cheers x

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Happy dance morning; 9.4 lbs, 4.26kgs lost over this four week challenge.

Thanks Marsie for setting this up. I am usually a failure at diets but have found the BSD doable. We are going to a friend’s wedding just before Easter on the Isle of Man and the thought of meeting up with all the friends and relatives that we haven’t seen in years has kept me on mission. I will carry on with the next challenge.

Hoping the 28 days have proved fruitful to the rest of the group?

• posted by Verano
    on

Well I made my goal of 4lbs with a little to spare but more by good luck than good management!

I was doing really well reaching my lowest weight for years last Monday and then went on a four day bender! Why? I put on 2.6lbs and then managed to jump off the runaway train full of chocolate and biscuits! Have lost the 2.6lbs plus a little more so back on track but why do we sabotage ourselves?

I still have plenty to lose so 4lbs in as many weeks is no great achievement but at least it’s in the right direction.

Sorry others haven’t had a very successful challenge either but I’m sure it’s down to end of winter blues for those of us in the northern hemisphere…. don’t know what your excuse is ‘downunder’!!!! Well done to those who have had a good loss.

Anyway, onwards to the next challenge which I’m sure will see us all feeling brighter, with a spring in our step bouncing forward towards summer. Maybe that should be skipping … sounds ‘slimmer’!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Final challenge weigh in and my panic reboot has me back at my target after just 4 days, just fractionally above where I was when I came back from holiday. Panic over. 10 stone 11.2 pounds, the same weight I was when I married. I am staying in control now, and will continue logging and increasing what I eat gradually over the next 4 week challenge. In just over 4 weeks it is my silver wedding anniversary, and I will be returning to Hayle, where I got married 25 years ago, with my husband for a weeks holiday, and also trying on my wedding dress again, the carrot that I used to motivate myself to turn around my life like this. I think I am slimmer now than I was then though so it will probably drown me.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weigh in this morning and I am 9st 5.75lbs – down 1.75lbs this week. So really happy as I don’t like being at my upper weight limit and have now got some wriggle room.

Amazingly I have lost the weight on 1200 calories so it looks as though the BSD hasn’t caused my metabolism to drop – even though I can’t need as many calories to propel my body around as I did when I was nearly 3 stone heavier.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Good morning everyone. I am still 12st 7lbs so the same as when I last posted. I’ve still lost 15lbs in total so that’s a result. I now have to decide on my goal for the new challenge. Should I be ambitious or keep it real?!!!

on

Hello, I have lost 2lbs on this 4 week challenge, should have been more but I messed up at the weekend, again. Moving over to the Easter challenge so will see you all there.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done to all those reporting positive results and commiserations to those who have not been so l successful. We all know the BSD works, so keep plugging away everyone and I’m confident you will all achieve your goals.

Having checked back to my start weight at the beginning of this challenge, I can report, with some ups and downs, I’ve had an overall loss of 4.2lb across the four weeks, which included a small drop again this week. Frustratingly I am still 0.2lb short of my target weight, although at one point in the last week, I was actually just under my aimed for 8st 9lb.

Still, I have just under three weeks until our next trip to Turkey, so I still have time to get to goal before we go away and – dare I hope – maybe a little under. Like you Mixnmatch, ultimately I like to get to my wedding day weight (20 years ago) if I can, which would be 8st 7lb and would love to be able to get into my wedding dress. I tried it a few weeks ago and it was a no go. Not sure I will ever manage that, as the weight seems to be slightly differently distributed, but I shall be trying again soon.

So, hope everyone who has not reported in yet, will be doing so with good results. As I only have just over half the time of the next challenge at my disposal, I don’t think I will join the new one, but if there’s a challenge opening up when I return, I’ll be back. Meanwhile, best wishes and good luck to all those joining the next challenge.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Really good to hear everyone’s results on the last day of this challenge. Well done to all who have hit their target, and commiserations to those who are not quite there yet – this works, and I know you will get there, we just have to keep plugging away.

My challenge was to get off the plateau (my 2nd), and get losing again, and hopefully bring my BMI down under 26 (was 26.4 at the start of the challenge). Pleased to report that a few days into the challenge, I started running downhill off that blooming plateau and I have lost 9lbs in the 4 weeks (total loss of 27lbs in 9 weeks BSD). And my BMI is now 24.9 – into the normal range at last. πŸ™‚ Feeling quietly pleased with that.:-)

Mind you, I don’t suppose it will stay that way, as we are just about to leave on our 3 day “gourmet break” – o/h’s little “treat” to me for doing so well on BSD!!! Nice thought, but hardly the most appropriate of treats when on a weight reduction programme!

Like you, Mixnmatch and SunnyB, I have thought about trying to get into my wedding dress again, but afraid that is never going to happen πŸ™ It still hangs in my box-room, but it is literally about 4″ wide, as I only weighed 7st when I got married (I’m 5’5″) so my BMI was a measly 16.3 (not that I knew about such things then!!) Looking back I was sooo skinny, but I didn’t think so then – I was young (20), with smooth glowing skin and it was fashionable to be thin (sadly, when is it ever not??), but can you imagine how dreadful I would look now, with all my wrinkles, at that weight?!!! But good luck to the pair of you for getting into yours – oh how I wish we could post photos, because I’d love to see you in your wedding finery. πŸ™‚

• posted by Marsie
    on

My heavens, there a some lovely stories from this challenge.

Congratulations to LippyLipid, Verano, Mixnmatch, KrysiaD, Cara54 (yes, I’ve included you Cara, because your overall loss is a good story), sunshine-girl, SunnyB, Theodora.

Good luck to anyone else still to check in. We’ll see you over on the next challenge. Enjoy your holiday SunnyB, and pop in anyway, let us know how you’re going πŸ™‚

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All. well done to those who have made progress, for the rest of us,well done for hang on.I weighed in at 83.5 today and BGL of 5.7mmol.so no change this week. I’m ok with this as I had a bad day on Sunday. I went on a lunch date with my Hubby and I just decided that I was sick of always having sensible food ,so I ordered a wine and a desert.the wine was not worth it. the dessert was delicious but left me feeling bloated and regretting. I reviewed everything that I’ve been doing and decided to make some changes.
    I’m tightening up on my diet,went through the cupboards and removed the temptations that have migrated in.Today, I went for acupuncture to tune up my CHI ,hopefully I will feel more motivated and improve my gut health, this should solve the constipation problem. Started research on buying an exercise bike as winter is coming and I don’t usually like exercise in winter
    I reviewed all the weights and calorie intakes and BGL since Christmas and Ive really made very little progress .So next challenge Im going to try to do more menu planning from the cook book and more weighing as the food scales have been on holiday in the pantry
    see you all on the next challenge. cheers

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Hi BSD’ers
    Lots of positives here. Back from spa weekend and posting 4lb loss for challenge, could have been lots worse so will take that.
    Spa was a great reboot of confidence – slept soundly every night in lovely quiet room, – 3 totally random people refused to believe my age and pitched me 8 years younger ( !!) – so up yours, lady in post office who keeps telling me I look like death warmed up – fab to get cal and carb counted meals put in front of me with no shopping or cooking, and the treatments, swims, steams and classes were bliss. Food was mostly yoghurt, fruit, meat, salads and soup, not much change from home, but nicely presented and cooked by someone else. All good.

Home to another eye appointment with specialist and guess what? Blurry vision in one eye absolutely nothing to do with t2d, as I’ve said all along to GP, who is one of these who always takes the obvious route (ooh, if only you weren’t so fat you wouldn’t be losing your sight eh?)
    In fact, the 6 months he’s been faffing on about getting sugar right (I never had any problems before I was diagnosed- why should it suddenly start when I have good control and a retinopathy test shows no probs at all?) – turns out I have a retinal tear, completely unrelated but it will have got much worse while the GP faffed and now may have left permanent damage. Still, immediate treatment offered so that’s a relief.
    Am starting my new year in April! Mkx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great that there is still so much positivity here, even from the folks who have struggled a bit. We all deserve a pat on the back I think.

My kitchen scales have a permanent home on the counter top, Butterlover, perhaps you could consider a new home for your to encourage you to weigh everything. Getting back to basics has certainly helped me in the last week, so good luck with getting a firm control again and making some great progress.

MK sorry to hear you have a torn retina. Good job you took the matter to an expert now, rather than later. The spa sounds wonderful. A little pampering is can certainly work wonders and it sounds like you got a good boost to your self esteem to boot.

Thanks for the invite to drop in on the new challenge, Marsie – much appreciated. Will report in and see how everyone is getting on. Onwards and downwards everyone!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello fellow challenger’s. I am back!
    I had intended to take a longer break off the wagon, but by Sunday evening I had had enough of the white stuff although did enjoy the extra wine! I didn’t feel too bad except my joints ached, I felt tired but didn’t feel guilty as I had given myself permission to eat what I fancied, not weigh myself or my food and not to look as this forum as I was getting addicted to lurking here.
    So yesterday I climbed back on and now feel ready to move forwards.
    This morning I weigh two more pounds than last week and am happy with that.
    Well done to those of you who have succeeded over the past four weeks and to those of us who haven’t, let’s draw a line under it and start again.
    I am now off to join the Easter Challenge.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to know you’re back and feeling more positive, BusyBee. Isn’t it amazing, that indulging in the carbs often isn’t nearly as much fun as we remember it to be? Last holiday, I had one day when nothing was off limits and I felt so grim at the end of it, that I kept control from that day forward.

Hope your new regime works for you – please keep us posted on your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.