CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, SunnyB this is a Tuesday weigh in thread and you could lose most of that 1.1 lb by tomorrow, be really determined. Natalie, I so envy you your Adele show, don’t let the photo upset you, rip it up and remember the next photo will be better.

I had my blood test this morning and unusually the laboratory was rammed. The doctor said I should make an appointment so my BG does not drop too low as I am not allowed to eat beforehand. Anyway, all done and I will let you know my results later today.

Weigh the same as Friday so not done any damage over the weekend, not had any alcohol or treats. BG this morning was 3.8 so lucky I didn’t keel over in the lab. Back later with results, fingers crossed but I feel nervous.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry, I hadn’t realised that there was a strict Tuesday weigh-in policy here and have been continuing with my long established weekly weigh-in day of Monday, in line with the day I started on the BSD 800 over a year ago.

You are right, I might lose a little by tomorrow, but knowing my body as I do, it is extremely unlikely that I will drop all of that 1.4lb gain by tomorrow morning.

Hope your test results are what you are hoping to see.

on

I dont think it is strict SB but as this challenge starts on a Tuesday I take advantage of that one day to get over the weekend, however, I did start my diet on a Tuesday. Sorry if I have put you out of sync.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

No, that’s okay – I’ll continue to do my weekly weigh-in on Monday’s, but as I weigh daily anyway, I will just report my weekly loss on this thread with the Tuesday result instead.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – it is very stressful waiting for your results – even though I am sure that they will be really good but of course you can’t be sure until you get the results. Can’t wait to hear. Good luck – fingers crossed.

on

IT’S IN, JUST RECEIVED MY RESULTS. Oooops didn’t mean to type in caps but maybe it deserves caps. 5.4……… Was 5.9 last time and 8.2 just before I started BSD. Thank you Dr Mosley, I am so happy.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That’s an excellent result and something to celebrate – well done sunshine-girl!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

That is wonderful news, sunshine-girl. You beat your goal, and you won the bet with the doctor at the lab! What were the stakes? I hope you bet big so you can buy us all a round of tap water at the bar. πŸ˜€ Congratulations!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey, sunshine-girl, if those results don’t deserve capitals, I don’t know what does!! πŸ™‚

Doing the happy dance for you, absolutely FANTASTIC (there, I’ve used capitals too!) πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Nice one, SSG. All the hard work and dedication paid off!

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW!!! Great news. Can’t wait to hear what your doctor has to say! Makes it all worth while when you hear results like yours.

on

Thank you all, I have just looked back at my previous years results going back and back and the lowest I have ever been was 5.7 and that was on 40 units of insulin. Going to get the doctors visit over on Friday then start reducing the insulin again as I am running at around 75 to 80 (4.1 to 4.4) daily. Gosh, I used to be so happy when I was under 125 (6.9) so look at me now.

One downer is that my cholesterol was up but only from 3.7 Total to 3.9. I said before that I thought I was eating too much Cheddar Cheese as I bring I back from the UK in bulk and when it is there and open, I eat it. So I chopped it into 50 gram portions and put it in the freezer, so I expected to be up a bit, I just wont make that mistake again. Still, I am sure the doctor will be pleased, especially as I have lost nearly another 2kgs since last appointment. Happy days.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sg I think it was you that said to me … ‘how much more ‘normal’ than normal do you want to be? Your cholesterol sounds perfectly ‘normal’ to me! Wish mine was that low. I was over the moon when mine dropped from 5.2, my forever ‘normal’, to 4.5!!!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great news about the results sunshine-girl, I hope your doctor is impressed.

I weighed in this morning (have been on Monday weigh-in since getting back from my week in Cornwall, although I will do a final Tuesday weigh-in as well when the challenge ends) and I was up over half a stone since I got back from my holiday, and on review I know exactly why. It can’t be fat, but the carbs didn’t so much creep up this week as mugged me and ran off cackling. I had a full blown wine fuelled munchies session on Saturday night, total calories weren’t hugely over except for that day, which was probably a good thousand over TDEE, but my ankles show water on them again, with those tell tale stripes where the sock elastic goes, and I feel kind of soggy and bloated. So this week it is still no logging and only weekly weighing for the challenge, but adding 16:8 fasting every day (12:30 – 8:30 window) only two meals and one snack WITH NO GOING BACK TO THE FRIDGE FOR SECONDS. Hopefully this, along with a renewed focus on avoiding some white stuff which had crept in and is probably behind everything from the water bloat to the extended picking sessions, will see the weight back off as quickly as it arrived.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – great news. What fantastic results both for your hb1ac and cholesterol. Your doctor will be so pleased. Perhaps he will do a happy dance.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Fantastic results Sunshine Girl, well done πŸ™‚
    Week 3 results for me aren’t spectacular, but I did have a couple of days “off plan” so to be expected – I finished Round 1 of 8 week BSD on Friday and started Round 2 yesterday.
    I’ve lost 600g, a bit short of my 1kg target, but hopefully I’ll make it up this week.Steps were 74,838 so easily met my target of 70,000.
    Look forward to hearing everyone else’s results and good luck for the final week of this challenge πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi sunshine-girl
    Cholesterol has been established not to be the problem they once thought it was.
    As we get older, it is recommended that our cholesterol go a bit higher to help protect us. My total cholesterol is 6.3 but my triglycerides are 0.5 (range 0.5-1.7 the lower the better) and HDL 2.8 (range 1.0-2.0 the higher the better) and my doctor is thrilled! She just brushed off the 6.3 when I brought it up and said the total is irrelevant these days.

If you get a chance, listen to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHFbMUU0Oag&list=PL0ovt_TbvVmYvrI48Tzs1vhe4o2eUn8qU&sns=em

Cheers
    Linda

on

LindaA my cholesterol up to 6 months ago (pre BSD) was around 6.5 and before I started on statins it was 11.3. My triglycerides were also very high but they too are well down. My HDL is up and the LDL is down but I dont want my cholesterol to be high just because of that old chestnut ‘oh it is your age, dont worry about it’, it want my cholesterol to be normal and I am still on statins. Cholesterol is an important part of normal body function and necessary as a building block of cells and needed for the synthesis of Vitamin D so yes some is needed. When I started on this plan it was to get my BG down within normal levels and stop using insulin and the lowering of cholesterol etc was just a lucky benefit.

It is also believed that older T2’s should run with high blood sugar. Why, because if you are old it doesn’t matter if you get some of the other things T2 brings just as long as you dont go into a coma. And, dont forget, us oldies are not very good at controlling these things so it is only to be expected.

If I can get everything into a normal range then I am happy or why am I bothering to do this diet.

on

Linda I notice you are not diabetic so maybe you are not aware of the added risks of T2 having high cholesterol, I think maybe your lady in the video is talking about ‘normal’ functioning. I will watch it fully when I have time but what I have watched so far was very simplistic and more to do with lubrication of the joints in older people and is still advocating a diet similar to us. Then she loses me on how bad memories of treatments and needles can have a physical effect, so , sorry, she lost me at sticky hands.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi sunshine-girl
    Yes, you’re right, I’m not T2 so don’t know the implications.

You may be able to help me though. I’ve just got back from the docs and she wants me to have a fasting glucose test as my fasting blood sugar level has gone from 4.8mml/litre on 4/6/16 to 5.3 on 3/1/17 and I’ve been low carb/high fat/no sugar/keto diet in all of that time.

She told me that for 3 days prior to the test that I have to eat ‘generous’ amounts of carbs including bread/potato/verges/fruit. I’m not thrilled with this. In your experience, do you think the results of doing this is worth it? I asked why not just do a HBA1C and she just said it would be low and wouldn’t tell her as much. I don’t really understand.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by LippyLipid
    on

Dear All,

I have been avidly reading all the posts but this is my first posting. My third week on this challenge showed a cumulative weight loss of 6.2lbs which I am delighted with.

I started the BSD diet on 3 Jan at 13st 3.2lbs and hope that by 21 March I will have lost 2 stone (1.2lbs to lose).

My question is; I want to continue BSDing using the 800 Fast until I reach the “healthy weight zone”, in my case 10st 10lbs and ideally continue until my waist is under 32″. Is it safe to continue on these low calories for weeks on end? What are the side-effects? I have just reread the forward to the Recipe book and now am taking a multivitamin.

Best wishes everyone xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning, or at least it is for me hope it is for you!

So end of week 3 and against all the odds I can report a loss of 1.6Lbs. That brings me to my goal of a 4lb loss for the 4 weeks and on my way to 6lb loss if I could make it! Just 1.6lbs to lose this week and I can count my challenge as a real success.

I have actually put on 0.6lb since yesterday as I ‘experimented’ last night. We had guests for dinner. I had two glasses of red wine, the second just to be doubly sure that it really does taste awful now, and it does!!!! I’ve not had any red wine, my tipple of choice, for nearly two months, and whilst it was a good bottle of wine, it tasted really rough to me! Similarly, I had two after eights with the same reaction. Give me sparkling water with a slice and 90% Lindt and I’m a happy bunny. Funny how your taste buds really do change on this plan.

LippyLipid there are many people on these threads who have continued with the 8 week regime way past their eighth week who seem to be fine. You probably won’t need to stay that low for too long before you go onto maintenance. I guess you just have to listen to your body, you know it best!

Good luck everyone for the last week of this challenge.

on

Good morning all, I’m very early today as hubby had to get up to take the car for a service. LindaA, I dont know much about this test as I went for routine check up to join my doctors surgery and my HbA1c was 14.2 (normal is between 4.0 and 6.0 on the % scale) so he just said there was absolutely no doubt, he sent me for a second HbA1c and the results were the same. So I have never had any other tests. But, I would say that it might be better to get this done and over with. It is only 3 days and you will know for sure what is going on. Good luck, I hope it is not bad news.

Weigh in this morning was very pleasing, I have lost 1.5lbs again, making me 11 stone 4.9 lbs, (near enough 11st 5lbs but that little point counts). That gives me a total over the 3 weeks of 3lbs as I was stuck for week one, then lost 1.5 each of the next 2 weeks. I think my goal for the 4 weeks was 4 lbs so I could still do it.

I’m still doing my happy dance and going to add 10 mins to my exercise this morning (totalling 60 mins) while I am feeling so good.

Lippy, I am on my 8th month of BSD 800 and stick to it mainly. Obviously there have been breaks like Christmas when the calories go out of the window but I always keep to no starchy carbs. In fact, I cannot imagine eating anything like that again.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Not a good morning for me, as sorry to say those nasty scales show my weight is 1.3/4 lb up on last week. I was three pounds down a few days ago and suppose it is fluid retention but am feeling rather despondent. The same story from me week after week – still just over or under the two stone loss since last October. I have failed each challenge but still will keep on keeping on.
    X B

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Linda A something seems unusual about the advice you have received. Carb loading prior to a glucose tolerance test is not usual. The glucose is the high carb being tested. Also in Australia an HbA1c of 5.3 is well within the normal range. Have you thought of seeking a second opinion?

on

Linda, said I didn’t know anything about it, but I agree with Jenni, why would you make yourself more likely to show high BG by eating an abnormal amount of carbs. Maybe because you have told the doctor you are low carbing she wants you to be eating ‘normal’ food, that goes against this plan, the very reason we do it is to have low BG. Why dont you just eat what you normally would and go and have the test. It cant hurt and you can share your results with us, just dont be talked into any meds, some doctors jump on that bandwagon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

A day on and I weighed in at a pound less that yesterday. Obviously I’m happy with this and it was heartening, after the rude reading yesterday of a 1.4lb increase, but lets see what the rest of the week brings.

Feel your pain BusyBee, the fluctuations can be really hard to ride out. My advise is to get back to basics and really push to get those pounds dropping. Good Luck!

on

SunnyB, so dying to say ‘told you so’ . πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, I’ll take it! :))

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, I’m quite pleased that at last I lost. 1 KG in a week its been ages since Ive been able get a reasonable result
    .It was lower on Saturday but I celebrated with food. My BGL has also been under 6 this week so Im finally meeting my mini goals. looking at all the posts , well done to those of you who have succeeded this week. Linda A if you are not a diabetic ask for a glucose tolerance test and ask the doctor to explain you are the person who needs to understand .In Australia my GP was not keen to order Hb1Ac he said its not covered by medicare if you are not diabetic .I insisted and the lab included it free along with the other tests .
    Also I think all of us should do our own research of our various conditions so that we can hold a good conversation with the GP. Whatever is suggested, we should ask questions and challenge the standard answers .We are following what we believe will help us, we need to understand and believe in any new ideas.I’m lucky as I’m only overweight and prediabetic ,so I think I can make my own decisions about my health, my doctor is only an advisor, I’m the decision maker.I really think most of us know our own bodies.good luck for next week ,It will be amazing if I can lose two weeks in a row.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

hi Linda, just read your profile, if you lost 20 kg and you have maintained and your HBa1c is normal. Don’t go to the doctor it all sounds very good .whats the point of more tests if you are OK. Your GP should be hugely impressed.well done, I wish I could lose 20kg

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Am just dashing out to work and have just read these posts. I have this vague memory about something I read on glucose tests while you are low carbing. If I can trust my memory – I think I read that you have to high carb for a few days so you go back to the system where you burn glucose instead of fat so that the glucose test will be more accurate because your body is used to burning glucose again. Oh how I wish I had a better memory and I could recall exactly what I read.

I agree with Butterlover that your hb1ac is normal so why is your doctor ask for a fasting glucose test which is used to diagnose diabetes.

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Hi everyone: Congrats on all of your good results this week. And for those who are having a hard time and still sticking with it. I know it will pay off in the long run. Because that was me also and hopefully I have found my groove.

I lost 2.6 pounds this week after my weight going up and down, for a total of 3.8 for the last 3 weeks. I’m hoping for a good loss next week as long as I don’t sabotage myself again like I always do when I see a new low.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oh, scream, I’d just finished a long post congratulating, commiserating, explaining my week and my day, pressed submit, and “you are offline” appeared. I wasn’t until then, you nasty little green goblin who lives inside my tablet, brother of the one inside my laptop!!

Can’t do it all again, except to say we’ll done to Sunshine-girl on the test results. Also to Verano, Butterlover, especially liked your week. And hugs to those struggling. ….hang in

For me, my weigh-in this morning showed 63.1kg, i.e. 300gm loss, better than nothing. This week I will concentrate, narrow my focus, outwit my impulsive, compulsive, pick, pick, picking.

Week 4 in front of us. …..go well everyone. πŸ™† We’ll have to give thought to the next challenge towards the end of the week

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oh, I’ve just thought of one, have to make a note before I forget it….

… the “Beat the Demon Hot Cross Bun & Easter Egg Challenge” 4weeks ending 18th April.

Comments? Other suggestions?

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Marsie – I love that title. The demon hot cross buns and Easter eggs are everywhere so it is very topical. The little Lindt chocolate Easter bunnies that I absolutely used to love are everywhere also. I am trying to avert my eyes every time I see them.

Linda – have remembered a bit more about why low carbers have to eat lots more carbs before a fasting glucose test. Because we now only produce the enzymes to process fats and proteins and no longer produce the enzymes to process carbs our fasting glucose test will show a bigger spike than it would if we were carb adapted. So the theory is that we have to get the body back to being carb adapted before we take the test.

So that is why your doctor wants you to eat all the carbs and does make sense. Then you would have a few days of feeling tired after the test until you become low carb adapted and you are producing the enzymes to process fats and proteins.

on

Marsie, love the title and it will get us past Easter madness. Fortunately I dont like chocolate but will be in Spain with my husband, daughter and 2 grandsons (aged 11 and 8) so there will be plenty of other temptations.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Morning all
    Jenni from the Block – I don’t think I’m going to bother with a 2nd opinion. After thinking about it overnight, I’ve decided I’m not going to do the glucose test. I haven’t worked this hard for nearly 12 months to go low carb and become fat adapted only to ruin it all for a test that I don’t think is even necessary.
    sunshine- girl – if I did the test, I would not only have to eat high carb for 3 days prior, then have to fast from 9pm the night before then drink a glucose drink on the morning of the test at the pathology office and wait 2-5 hours whilst they draw blood to see how I’m metabolising the glucose.
    Forget that, my sugar levels aren’t outside the normal range to start with so I can’t imagine what she wants to achieve so Butterlover, I have no problem telling her that I’m not going to do it!
    If I did do the test and somehow got diagnosed as prediabetic or T2, I’d be refusing medication and going low carb anyway, so what’s the point!
    KrysiaD – the doctor said these are the standard pre-test instructions, got me beat, but it’s a mute point now as I’m not doing the test. If my sugar levels are higher than normal next time I get some blood tests, then I’ll look at it again. Funny thing is, I was only at the doctor for a sprained ankle when we got talking about my way of eating. This doctor is new to me and I like her as she is prepared to listen, so I’ll stick with her and see how I go.
    Thank you for all your advice, that’s why I love this forumπŸ˜€
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

End of wk 3. Had a gain. Up by 2 lbs. Had a very big weekend so know exactly why this happened. Another big weekend ahead. Not too dispondent as I know this way of eating works for me and I will continue. I didn’t eat carbs just ate higher quantity. Also drank too much wine. Life is for living and if I want to eat this way for life I need to be able to manage a social life too. Still very positive about moving forward.

on

Hi All, well Linda you are in control of your own body so good for you. I personally have been told by people on this site (people who are not here any more) that I should do the test for myself by drinking a large glass of full sugar coke then testing at intermittent times. Why would I want to put that in my body and also I wouldn’t really know what I am doing. Also, yes my HbA1c is 5.4 so normal, but it is not normal as I still take 22 units of insulin and 60 mg of glicazide daily. I will decide when I want that test and I will get my doctor to help me, he would not push me into anything (he dare not).

Still feeling good, had a lovely swim this morning and my weight is the same. BG was up to 5.2 this morning but I did have Cheddar cheese last night and it does seem to spike things a bit but it will be down tomorrow. Seeing doctor on Friday so we will see what he has to say, I think he will be double pleased when he sees my weight as well and BG. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi all. I started this challenge at 12st 7lbs. I’ve been gaining and losing the same 3lbs throughout. Up to 12st 10 and back. Today I’m at 12st 8lbs. Aiming to lose 2-3lbs on the last week. I did 5 x 18 hour fasts last week which I thought would have helped but clearly I was eating too much in between times. I’m persevering with it this week but paying more attention to my food intake.

Marsie I love the title for the next challenge and I’m definitely up for it. I’ll try to post more and be accountable.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Cara54 – it’s so frustrating when you just keep switching back and forth across the same results. This week I am really trying to focus on getting back to basics, keeping tighter control on cals and carbs and working hard at keeping my hydration up, in the hope this will help me achieve a better result this week. The last two days, I’ve done a 17 hour fast and really kept a tight reign in between times – trying for the same today.

The scales have been kind for the last couple of days, but as I usually experience a bounce back mid-week, I’m not disclosing anything at this point. I hope you will be seeing great results this week. Stay focused and keep with it Cara54, I’m sure you can get there.

Love the suggestion for the next challenge Marsie. Not sure yet that I’ll join that one, as I won’t be able to see it to the end, ‘cos I go away on 9th April, so that will be my deadline for this time round.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Just catching up… Congrats on your tests SG, that’s a brilliant reward for all your hard work.

Been missing in action since last week as I’m having a very trying time at home and work, and foolishly decided to medicate with food, my old friend and comfort. . BSD food, but much, much too much. Has taken me five days to catch up with the blessed wagon. Back now, shamefaced, chastened and a bit half-hearted, tbh.

Couple of days away at a health spa over weekend, life’s so rubbish just now that I need a bit of a pamper, so have booked lots of treatments and requested specialist 30g carb, 800 cals regime. Will be interesting to see what turns up on my plate. Plan plenty of sauna and steam, walking, classes between pummelling, plucking and filing..

Am SO TIRED of people telling me I look exhausted. Working full time in a demanding job combined with caring responsibilities and little sleep will do that for you… Why do random people feel they need to comment at all? Sorry, bit down, but will bounce back after a little rest. No weight loss on Sunday, stayed the same but won’t weigh now till after spa. Damage limitation! Seeing next Monday as a new start. MK x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh, MK, I do feel for you, you sound rather low so please, please, please remember that it is not how many times you fall that counts, it’s how many times you get back up again, and you’ve done that, so well done you. Really sorry to hear that life feels a bit rubbish right now – just go away and enjoy yourself. You DESERVE your Spa weekend, and I hope you come home feeling thoroughly pampered, refreshed and invigorated. You are SOOO worth it. πŸ™‚

I do so agree with you about personal comments – if someone can’t say anything nice, why bother saying anything at all? Maybe they have just been saying you look tired out of genuine concern but, frankly, if you are feeling tired and low, the very last thing you need is to be told that you look it as well as feel it!!! But the last laugh will be on them when you return from you spa session looking and feeling all glamorous and relaxed. πŸ™‚ Which you will πŸ™‚

With your menu requests, I will be interested to hear what they serve up to you. If you discover any delicious delicacies or recipes which fit the plan, please share. πŸ˜‰

Enjoy. Wish we were all coming with you πŸ˜‰

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone

Just a quick hello. Sorry to hear about all the ups and downs but we all go through these at times. Life would be so dull if it was always the same!!

I’m away for the best part of the new challenge but will keep in touch. I’ll be happy just to tread water any loss would be a bonus.

Hope this last week isn’t too challenging. Only 5 more days and then a clean sheet to start over next week!

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi MK,

People are rude! Don’t worry about overeating, it was just one day and you stuck to bsd food. Surely that is an improvement on old habits! The spa sounds tremendous and just the pick me up you need, plus they can do meals your way. Fantastic!

Hope you enjoy your well deserved rest and pamper.

Thanks too for your kind words.

Bigeater

on

MK I have the same problem, I rarely say anything to anyone unless it is proper, like, that colour really suits you, or I like your hair like that. But, I always get people say things like, I like your hair that colour much better than before, what!!!! Or, have you lost weight, thought you looked washed out. Hey!!! Is there something about us that makes people think they can make comments and make backhanded compliments. You either have to be thick-skinned and ignore it or come back with something witty. My temptation is to say something scathing about them but why should I sink so low. I think people just dont think how something is going to sound and sometimes they are just plain nasty so not worth worrying about.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi MK. I’m sorry you’ve been having such a difficult time. Ignore the comments if you can. People are quick to.judge without knowing the full picture.
    Enjoy your spa weekend. Come back refreshed and ready to start again.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Thanks for being so supportive, Team BSD, kind and helpful words.

Unfortunately it wasn’t just one day, but almost 4 days of mindless guzzling and feeling sorry for self. Silly sabotage. And the final straw after a BOGGING weekend which saw my demented elderly aunt hunting the streets of her home town 150 miles away in her nightie for a carer who hadn’t come to feed, medicate and put her to bed after a long and hard work week was just the straw that broke…night time dash and 3 hour drive in dark to police station, no sleep at all, and a worry about quality of care we pay an absolute fortune for, since she won’t move to be with us despite having no friends, family or support network where she is.

To go into the local post office and be the topic of conversation for the owner, her assistant and a neighbour
    ‘I’ve been saying for ages how tired and ill you look – doesn’t she (all nod in agreement) – tell me, are you I’ll again? No? Are you sure? You really look exhausted, darling, you work too hard, you need a nice rest in the sun…’ .etc and on and on and on. It was just too much. I can smile about it now, but FFS – i felt tears welling because I’ve been so worried and tired. But honestly would .ld never say such things to anyone. And it doesn’t help that she’s the world’s biggest gossip. Have been trying so hard to look as though I’m coping and it’s clear everyone thinks I look like death. No wonder I went home and ate the fridge…

Off tomorrow for my two night, three day pamper. I’ll have you all with me in spirit! Mkx

• posted by Theodora
    on

My goodness, MK – no wonder you have been feeling low πŸ™ Really feel for you.

Hopefully things will start to improve soon, but in the meantime just go away and enjoy a couple of days R&R – just make sure that the spirit you have us all in isn’t gin! πŸ˜‰ (Trust me, it’s better with tonic πŸ˜‰ ) x

Please log in or register to post a reply.