CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Sadly didn’t complete either of my challenges. Fell and sprained both ankles so couldn’t get the steps up and only lost 2lb in the last four weeks. I’ve stayed exactly the same weight for the last two weeks which is disappointing. Have been taking antibiotics and copious amounts of Paracetamol for a dental abscess so that may be relevant. i am 3.5 lb off getting into the next stone down bracket so that will be my next challenge. Good luck everyone and see you all on the new thread tomorrow x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey CCathy don’t beat yourself up. A loss is a loss and to be congratulated. Quite frankly you have had such a dire few weeks that I think you deserve a huge pat on the back for getting through it and STILL managing to report a loss πŸ˜ƒ So well done you πŸ‘ and good luck in the next challenge.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Wk 4 weigh in. Now 10st 12lbs. My commitment had been 4 lbs but I’ll be happy with 2 as it’s still down, I was in the 10”s for my birthday which was an original goal. Also had plenty of social outings so all in all happy. Here’s to the next challenge just need to think about what the commitment should be for that one.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Week 4 weigh in for me and I have gained 400g, no surprises there as I have only stuck to 800 calories for maybe 2 days in the past week! Steps were the best they’ve been in the four weeks at 75,934.
    My total loss for the 4 week challenge was 1.9kg, so 4lb rather than the 4kg I had planned.
    I just re-read my post from the beginning and it’s hardly surprising that I didn’t reach my goal as out of the 4 challenges I set myself, I only achieved one of them each week (70,000 steps /Week).
    As for sticking to 800 calories, keeping net carbs to 50g and drinking 3 litres of water – I did this some of the time only.
    So I’ll carry these over to the new challenge thread.
    At the end of the day, a 1.9kg loss for me is better than a 1.9kg gain, and it brings me that little bit closer to the end goal. I still have between 12-21kg to lose (12kg gets me to a Weight I’m comfortable at, 21kg gets me to the top of the healthy weight range for my height), so I guess I’ll be taking part in many more challenges πŸ™‚
    Congratulations to all of the losers, and commiserations to those who didn’t quite get there this time – we can do this!

• posted by Marsie
    on

C Cathy, I’m with Theodora. With what you’ve been through and still fronting up? That’s admirable. Hope your health improves and allows you to focus on other things.

Doodledootoo, you’re right. You’ve managed to incorporate your social life into your scheme of things and still be down. Well done.

SueBlue, when things don’t go to plan its good (though sometimes hard) to review. Looks like you’ve done a thorough job there, congrats on that, and also for recognising that a small loss is better than a gain.

Everyone knows I’m struggling so I hope you don’t mind my supporting comments.

See you on the next challenge 🌟🌟🌟

Please log in or register to post a reply.