After reaching your target, what next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, my friend – and I really feel you are my friend – I’d like to put 10 thumbs up but sadly, last time I looked, I only had 2😒 Maybe you are better endowed than me?πŸ˜‰

Frankly, Allie, I have no idea how you achieved what you have without this forum. All power to you and I, for one, am grateful that you found us and are generous enough to share your experiences with us.

Go girl – I really consider you a “best mate”. Really hope that doesn’t sound too needy? Certainly not meant to be, just kind of feel we are kindred spirits.

PS Will answer your post on refocusing topic when I have enough time to answer judicially. Xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Not in any way needy, Theo! I feel the same way about you…It is highly
    inconvenient that a rather large body of water prevents us from carrying
    on in person. I’m literally getting nothing done this week because I’m
    spending so much time being entertained on this thread! I’m not sure
    I even remember where the vacuum cleaner is…It’s a good thing that you’re
    asleep when it’s time to make dinner, or it’s possible I might be doing an
    unexpected fast πŸ™‚
    Truthfully, I don’t know how I managed this weight loss without the forum,
    either! I think o/h’s health was the beginning of it. I knew that I couldn’t
    reverse heart failure, but I was just arrogant enough to believe I could
    prevent it from getting worse. ( He has unloaded 50lbs). He could do
    even better if he would give up the damn cold cereal! Basically, between
    us, we’ve tossed 200lbs of fat from this house. Kind of gross, when
    you think about it! Probably TMI πŸ™‚ Be back later, my sweet….

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Allie – you say you may not remember WHERE the vacuum cleaner is! I may not remember WHAT it isπŸ˜‰πŸ˜œ

O/H’s health seems to have been a powerful motivator for you, and helping him to drop 50lbs has GOT to improve heart failure, so much less strain on the heart after all. So well done to both of you.

I’d far rather make adjustments to my lifestyle to improve my health rather than spending my life on meds, and this WOE has given us the tool to do that – or at the very least, help reduce meds.

I cannot even imagine what 200lbs of fat looks like (not sure I even want to😝), but it’s certainly better gone!

Look forward to chatting later xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I can’t quite imagine it either, Theo. Something on the order of a very
    rotund yellow snowball the size of a large man, rolling down the stairs and
    out into the street. Do you think the sanitation worker’s will pick it up? Unless
    they are in excellent shape and do weight training regularly, I rather doubt
    it!!!! Yuck, yuck, yuck………..Good riddance to bad rubbish πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

For any of my fellow Americans visiting this thread today, I wish you all a
    very happy BSD friendly Thanksgiving. I’ll certainly be keeping my guard
    up tomorrow. No gravy, no cranberry sauce, no potatoes. Lots of green
    vegetables. Wine in moderation. Pumpkin pie? Maybe just a sliver πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Allie, and Esnecca and Luvtcook — and any other US posters who I don’t know!
    I hope you have a wonderful warm day and enjoy the BSD-friendly parts of Thanksgiving dinner and yes, Allie, a sliver of pumpkin pie! Don’t think I can call it Thanksgiving without a bit of pumpkin pie but I will probably eat the filling and leave the crust because it’s my favorite part and I can sort of justify the pumpkin, cream and eggs!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Thank you, Californiagirl! And right back atcha.

I’m going to pass on the pumpkin pie (and mashed potatoes, mashed turnips and assorted preparations of cranberries) because I’m even more of a fanatic now than I was a year ago when I made an exception for my mom’s potatoes. Gotta keep my great new burgundy floral suit from popping buttons. πŸ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Talking of jumpsuits and evening wear, I picked up a French Connection black slinky jumpsuit with no sleeves and a high collar last week, only another charity shop ‘just to try it’ purchase at Β£1.99 since I’d never had anything like that before but I love it, now all I need to do is work up the courage to actually wear it in public 😁

The black tie ‘do’ went off without a hitch, I drank a whole bottle of prosecco, bar half a glass my OH spilt, but over the whole night that wouldn’t have been a problem, but a friend offered me some gin too so I had a bit of a headache the day after. The dress was a definite hit, it just shows that you never know what is round the corner, the dress was hiding in my wardrobe for so long never seeing the light of day and now it is my favourite party wear, as I always knew it would be.

I hope the various Thanksgiving celebrations were a success, and I am certainly giving thanks this year for finding this WOE.

• posted by Theodora
    on

MnM, crikey, what a bargain! But surely the new slender you doesn’t need courage to wear it?? Get out there girl, and show it off – your figure and the jumpsuit!😘

Pleased your black tie event went well, and that the dress was a hit. Pity about the hangover though!

I think I spoke too soon about having this maintenance thing cracked as I have lost a couple more pounds this weekπŸ€” I have had a bug though, so that could be the explanation (although I have eaten) In fact spent most of the last couple of days in bed, (so absolutely no exercise) and I simply cannot remember the last time that happened!! Feeling much more human today though, so maybe the weight will creep back on? Going to the theatre this evening, and I daresay there will be drinks and nibbles during the intervalπŸ˜› Then a big luncheon party on Sunday. More wine, no doubt!πŸ€—

Allie, I will never, ever look at a snowball in the same way, ever again! πŸ˜† No matter what it’s size😝 But of course, having had dogs all my life, I was always warned to avoid yellow snow!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜œπŸ€—

Hope Thanksgiving went well, with no BSD disasters?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Theo, are you trying to make me ruin my pc by spraying coffee on it? Yellow snow, indeed!!!
    O/h emerged from the study to find out what I thought was so funny. He thought he was
    missing out on something, since I was cackling like a bat shit crazy old hen!
    No BSD disasters yesterday, though we did share a bottle of California pinot noir, not
    too many tannins or oakey elements. Can never compare to Chateau Margaux, though.
    I’m saving that to share with you! I’m sorry you’ve been feeling a little under the weather.
    I do raise an eyebrow when I don’t see you out and about, ever at the ready to lead me
    down the path to dissipation and intemperance. Who cares if different continents are
    involved? We can always find a way! I know that you are an angel, but under your white
    robe you have a red devil suit, a fold-up pitchfork in your handbag, and maybe the tiniest
    of little horns hidden in your hair. Come and find your partner in crime, anytime πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Love,

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey, Allie, that bottle of Chateau Margaux may just be all the temptation I need to spread my angel’s wings πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ and fly over the pond! The little devil’s horns can be brought out upon arrival, as I suspect they may not let me through customs with them exposed!😜 Though “path to dissipation and intemperance” may be calling it a bit strong – I’m an old lady rememberπŸ‘΅πŸΌ Plus, I suspect that you are incapable of being lead down any path you don’t want to go!😜😘😍

Thank you for your concern, but I am feeling pretty much back to normal today, just a wee bit washed out. It’s the very first bug of any kind whatsoever that I’ve contracted since starting BSD

(PS – ahem, I think you’ll find it was you who brought up the subject of yellow snow, I simply expanded upon it!!!πŸ™…πŸΌ)

• posted by alliecat
    on

Isn’t it remarkable?! I haven’t had so much as a head cold either. This WOL has to be doing
    wonders for our immune systems, I think! Enjoy your night at the theater. I think a glass
    and a few nibbles may be necessary. You need to stabilize, my friend!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Says the pot calling the kettle black πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„

Thank you, I’m sure we’ll have a lovely evening. Xx

• posted by AngS
    on

Hi Mixnmatch, Thanks for starting this forum thread. I will have to tell AnneF about it. She started the BSD 8weeks ago and I joined her. We’ve both been hoping to reverse our diabetes and are coming to the end of our week 8 on Sunday. The support on her forum has really helped us both and we’ve both been able to reach our targets, but are worried about putting all the weight back on, even though we love the BSD recipes, so to find this one now we are going on maintenance, is a real bonus.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I realised today that it has been exactly a year since I first hit the weight I am today! Although this is higher than my target it is not by very much so I think November 24th is now my official Maintenanceversary πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I can still hardly believe it! Targetversary is still February 1st and BSDversary was in May sometime, I will have to check on the date, but I now have several reasons to celebrate.

I am sure I will find an occasion to wear my new slinky suit, but it will probably have to wait for next summer as it is very thin material and a lot of skin on show. I wish I could show you all some of my new clothes, we really need a pictures section!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh yes, MnM, a photo section would be wonderful for all of us that have lost extreme
    amounts of weight, and are having fun with clothes for the first time in many years.
    I know that we sound delirious at times, but we are still trying to absorb the reality
    of this new state of affairs. Sometimes a good skin pinch is needed, and photographic
    validation couldn’t hurt! I’m celebrating all your anniversaries with you. Bravo πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I should warn you that any picture upload option would result in a flood of booties. πŸ˜‰

Wore my Calvin Klein croc stiletto boots for Thanksgiving and my white silk blouse with black velvet piping and a print of surprisingly subtle tiny little pugs all over it. Burgundy rose jaquard suit with slim ankle pants and a matching single-button blazer. I think my mother was fighting back tears. It was wonderful. Best of all, I didn’t pop a single button! I ate piles, but only the good stuff (best turkey my father has ever made, and he’s a master of the turkey roasting arts) and the food I brought. Not a thing from the “I don’t eat that” list. Nobody gave me any guff at all. The hotness of the pug shirt, floral suit and Calvin Klein booties cannot be denied. πŸ˜€

• posted by JackieM
    on

Inspired by you all to go shopping yesterday. I still fit in my clothes Si wasn’t sure what size but I am down a jeans size (UK 12 now) and only looked at S or XS jumpers – which all fitted! So now you can tell I lost weight!

Down another 100g today. One more and I can say I lost 15kg. Starting to sound like built money!!

Taking my daughter and her friends to O2 today – god knows what food options will be available so may end up being a fast day – lots of water instead! Xxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

MnM, celebrating all anniversaries with you, whatever the prefix! Here’s to you girl 🍸

Made me realise that it’s only 6 weeks until my 1st BSD Anniversary, and that I sailed past 6 months in maintenance earlier this month πŸ˜„ So here’s to me too🍸And to all of us who have achieved our goals and are managing to maintain 🍸

Esnecca (always want to call you Essie, love that nameπŸ˜‰) your Thanksgiving outfit sounds hot, and how lovely that it brought tears to your mum’s eyes – well not the outfit, but seeing her daughter looking so wonderful and healthy (not sure “hot” is a term parents tend to apply to their daughters πŸ˜‰)

BTW – a photo section devoted to hot booties sounds EXACTLY what we need πŸ˜‰πŸ‘’πŸ‘‘πŸ‘ πŸ‘’

Jackie, isn’t it great to actually ENJOY clothes shopping now? Well done on the small sizes.

Great show last evening, early seafood supper beforehand and two glasses of wine in the interval, and 4oz up this morning. Which I know is good, considering I’d lost a couple of pounds this week due to being poorly, and I KNOW I can’t afford to lose any more, but somehow I still can’t get my head around “feeling pleased” when the scales show an increase, no matter how slight πŸ˜‚

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Esnecca…you are my inspiration. I so want to wear lovely clothes again and following you and others on this forum keeps me going. So pleased you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Good to hear your Father is the Turkey King! My father was the cook in our house and he did the most amazing Turkey too!

God Bless all the maintainers, you are our lifeline!

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Esnecca, you must have felt a million dollars in your Thanksgiving outfit! And lovely for you that others noticed and no-one pressured you to eat things you didn’t want. Sounds like you had the perfect day.

Like you, JackieM, clothes shopping is still a revelation to me. Still can’t quite get used to not having to buy baggy items to disguise the unsightly bulges. Buying fitted clothes is definitely not coming naturally yet, but I’m getting there gradually. It’s so lovely when I do buy something fitted and feel good in it, I hope that it will be awhile before that feeling diminishes though.

Keep going Joes Nonna, you’ll be with us soon, telling us about your new wardrobe too.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Jackie, isn’t fitting into that size S the greatest? I’m still amazed when a sweater fits easily over my head and floats to my hips without impediment. I’m so glad you went shopping and got to enjoy one of the sweetest payoffs of all your hard work. πŸ™‚

Theodora (please do call me Essie, I always want to call you Theo because I think it sounds cool :D), I think you’re very right that it’s about the reclaiming of my health and happiness that moved my mother. The hot outfit was just a symbol. My father broke into the warmest, slowest smile as I walked down stairs. It was like I was going to the prom or something! A lovely moment I will cherish forever.

I heartily second the motion on the table as regards a hot booties photo section. Perhaps we should clarify for the mods that we are referring to footwear, however, not body parts. πŸ˜†

Nonna Mary, you’re going to be hitting the shops like nobody’s business very soon, all the more excitedly because it’s been such a big effort on your part to get there. Next Thanksgiving you can come over to my parents’ house and enjoy some fabulous roast turkey and tell us all about your father’s mastery of the bird.

I really did, SunnyB. It was such a warm and positive atmosphere and a great time was had by all, carbers and low-carbers alike. πŸ™‚

• posted by JackieM
    on

Morning all, what a lovely Thanksgiving story Esnecca. Your dad must be so proud of you and so relieved you are in a healthy zone.

I weigh 1/2kilo more today than yesterday, which is weird as yesterday I ate with big gaps and not to excess. The only thing I can think is 1) fluids 2)ate at Wagamamas and had a curry (no rice) but maybe more calories than it seemed. Anyway, I often fluctuate like this so I have no doubt I’ll be lower again soon.

I was herding teenagers around the 02 in London. What a lot of crap food they have on offer there. And the girls came with their own money and seemed intent on inflicting damage on themselves. I treated them to something in Starbucks and they had some horrific choc/fudge/cream confection and I kind of felt OK at least that’s them done – THEN they bought themselves some sweets, THEN some had icecream (luckily the sizes are tiny and the cost is high and I had my daughters purse at that point and she could tell I was about to blow) and then asked if they could have candy floss at which point I just said no. But all around me there were small (5-8 yo), overweight girls stuffing themselves as the candy floss/popcorn/icecream vendors peddled their wares and their parents complied. What is even HAPPENING to this world?!

Of course back in the summer I would probably have been involved in some if not all of the sugar orgy, so I know exactly what’s going on. I do wonder if politicians need to get involved though – sugar tax?! – the willpower of the individual v mega companies seems a pretty unfair fight to me.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

JackieM – that would have been me also. Once I started on the sugary stuff it turned into a sugar orgy. In the months prior to being hospitalized with undiagnosed out of control diabetes – I had real sugar cravings all the time

Every evening on my way home from teaching Pilates I would drop in to a service station and stock up on sweet rubbish. I remember being mortified when the young man serving me said ‘ you really must stop doing this – it is so bad for you’. I felt like an out of control addict – but I had no idea how to stop it. There was no BSD then.

Esnecca – what a lovely reaction from your mother and father. They must be so happy that you can now look forward to a healthy life. I do feel, however, that even though good health is our priority – nothing feels better than putting on our slim clothes.

Today I put on a warm winter jacket that I zipped up with difficulty 2 years ago. I couldn’t wear a warm fleece under it. Today I wore a vest, a thermal base layer, a fleece top and a fleece jacket underneath it. There was still loads of room – I could have added even more fleeces. It is cold here in Norfolk – but I must admit I was a little too warm on the dog walk.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie, I’m generally known as Theo, or TJ (initials), by friends and as we are friends, please feel free to do likewise πŸ˜ƒ

Jackie, I agree with you entirely, the junk we feed our children these days is deplorable! There should be a law against it!! Youngsters of today are reckoned to be the first generation not to have a longer expected lifespan, despite medical advances, than their parents! And many will predecease their parents! All because of diet. Appalling, frightening and something we need to get a grip on NOW before it’s too late! At least we have seen the light – we must spread the word. Eating healthy food is enjoyable. Moving / exercise (preferably in the fresh air) is fun. Good health is a blessing not to be squandered. Sorry, off my soapbox now, but I do feel passionately about it, and the dreadful legacy we are leaving our children and our children’s children.

Krysia, I too have had a long coastal dog walk, layered up like the Michelin man (remember him?) with an old waterproof on top as rain was forecast, and the waterproof still DROWNED meπŸ˜ƒ Think it belongs in the charity shop!

Another pound gone today, so back to 11lbs wriggle room. Just can’t seem to hang onto the small gains😒 But out to a luncheon party today, so hopefully the pound – or maybe even 2 – will be back by tomorrow. Can’t believe I’m whinging about losing weight!!!!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Theo xx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theodora – my coat probably belongs in the charity shop also. But it is so useful for dog walking – especially on the coast. No rain here but it is bitterly cold.

I am very envious that you are struggling to stop your weight from dropping further. To lose weight since I have been on maintenance I have to lower my calories to 1500/1600 a day. It goes down ok as long as I stick to that level.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wish I could still lose on as much as 1500 calories a day, KrysiaD. The only way I seem to be able to gain any extra wriggle room is to revert to the 800/20 ratio! On the upside, staying under my target weight doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue, I just need to make sure a have a few days a week keeping a weather eye on the carbs. Big bonus is that I don’t feel hungry or deprived, so it’s all good.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just been reading this thread. I did have it ticked but must have unticked it somehow. You are all just so inspirational and I think I read that some of you want to leave other threads because you are complaining about not being able to gain and it’s unfair to those of us still losing. It isn’t!! Please don’t stop.

Essie, if I may call you that, you brought a tear to my eye, what a wonderful achievement. Indeed you have all achieved so much, it’s great to read your stories and be inspired by you.

We are all benefitting from bettter health being here so we must carry on regardless.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Verano, thank you for your words spoken with so much grace. I’ve been feeling that
    I’m a little misunderstood recently, and you’ve put all of my fears to rest. I deeply
    appreciate your understanding. It’s lovely to meet a true “lady”. πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi folks,
    Just returned home after our very sociable luncheon party. Ate and drank far too much, mist bad friendly, but in the service of putting on weight, I did have dessert – stupid really, as I was never really a “pud” person. Just really didn’t want anyone to think I had become a “faddy” eater! Other than that, it was a delicious lunch, although probably ate too much, albeit bsd friendly food

.PS – Allie, I don’t misunderstand you. We are kindred spirits, what you feelike, I feel. Love you xxx

PPS Verano, thank you for your kind words, but I do feel really uncomfortable about posting about losing too much/ not being able to regain weight when so many people are struggling. I feel as though I may come across as “smug” and that is certainly not how I feel.

What I actually feel is deep, abiding gratitude that I found this WOE and this forum before it was too late, but having my weight drop too low, I kind of feel as if posting about it may seem like boasting, and that is the last thing on earth I want to do. I just want everyone to benefit from this WOE. Xx

• posted by Theodora
    on

PS ummm – obviously “mist bad” friendly was meant to read “mostly bsd friendly”!!

And Allie, was obviously meant to read “what you feel”.

Bloomin predictive text😨

• posted by alliecat
    on

I know, Theo, I think we could complete each other’s sentences. You could easily lead
    me astray, but as you say, “I don’t do anything I don’t really want to do” Truer words,
    never spoken! Pure joy, talking to you every day. I’m unabashedly envious of your
    full social life. We live some distance from lifetime friends now, so I will continue
    to “stalk” you and yours. My feet are tucked up under me on your couch in front of
    the fire. What would our husbands think? Probably head for the hills in self preservation!

Love and laughter,

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, don’t tuck your feet up under you, tuck them up under our table instead. Pull up your chair, you will be welcomed with open arms. I am fortunate to live close to a large network of friends, but love and friendship is limitless, always room for more, so we have always been open to admit extra to our circle. The only criteria are a love of life, a sense of humour and, most of all, a tolerance of others, no matter what their ideals /beliefs. I think you fit the mould perfectlyπŸ˜ƒ

As far as your question about husbands, mine doesn’t think anything – he is happily snoring on the sofa beside me πŸ˜€ Hey, just as well I’m so tolerant of an old manπŸ˜‰ Gotta love him, but occasionally wish he had more staminaπŸ˜‰πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜œ

• posted by Theodora
    on

PS Forgot to mention that, purely in the spirit of research, after lunch today I succumbed to not one, but FIVE chocolates with my coffee. Can honestly say that I think this is a first since starting my BSD journey. Let’s see what the scales say tomorrow……….

PPS Can’t say I enjoyed them overly much. They were okay but wouldn’t rush to eat them again. But I do need to gain a few pounds, so……….all in the spirit of research, you understand πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Forgot to add, for Essie’s clothes diary, for the lunch party today I wore a little charcoal grey skater dress, grey tights, a pale grey suede biker jacket, all set off by electric blue booties, pashmina and bag. Felt fabulous πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š And was told by host’s son in law that I looked “too hot to be a friend of his in-laws”πŸ˜ƒ Result πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€

• posted by Flick
    on

Hello, new person here so far from needing advice on maintenance but I wanted to jump in and add my voice to Verano’s. Having long term, successful BSDers remain active on this website makes a huge and very positive contribution. For example, I’m just at the end of week 2. After reading a number of threads filled with excellent advice (weigh and log, super hydrate, watch carbs, 16/8) I’ve made a solid start. Despite this I’ve hit a slump (not a plateau, yet) these last three day, weight not moving and today a slight gain. I can’t describe the rising panic. Anyway, I found the Plateau Pep Talk started by Esnecca in March. Not only did the advice and reassurance in all the plateau threads I then found help calm my panic, discovering that you are all here, 8 months or so later, successful, maintaining such impressive new lifestyles, is tremendously encouraging.

It must get a bit tedious for you to be repeating information, gently inserting a bit of reality when someone is struggling but not recognising that the odd treat or glass of wine can and will slow down progress etc. (be mindful not surprised). For starters like me, however, hearing consistent accurate information from experienced successful life changers is gold. It might just be me but I value a bit of polite, empathetic straight talking.

Sorry this went on a bit. I’ll head over to the formal introduction area and look forward to joining the December challenge. Please pop over there occasionally and cheer me on or straighten me out as needs be.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Flick, thank you so much for your kind words. I won’t be leaving the forum any time soon, just not actively partaking in the challenges etc.

I will certainly be sticking around, exchanging notes and repartee with other maintainers on this thread, and sticking my oar in on any other threads where I feel I have anything useful to add, advice to offer, or encouragement to give . So please don’t think you’re going to get rid of me that easily. …..and, whilst I can’t speak for my fellow maintainers, I think most of them feel the same.

Good luck, I think you are going to do just fine. Just keep on keeping on, you will become an old hand at this WOE before you know it, offering the benefit of your experience and support, which is what this forum is all about.

Whilst I won’t be joining the December challenge, I shall certainly be popping in regularly, waving my cheerleading pompoms at you all.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, you were well and truly dressed to kill. I love the idea of the neutral grey monochrome look with the bright pop of electic blue. No wonder all the cute young boy toys were chasing you! πŸ˜†

Flick, what a lovely post, thank you. I’m so glad you’ve found these threads helpful. This forum really is unique for its kindness, high-information content and supportiveness. It’s been a while since I had a proper meltdown (reaching goals and buying booties can do that for a gal), but I know that feeling of panic so, so well and it’s very hard to see the big picture when you’re experiencing that kind of acute anxiety. Good on you for informing yourself and being able to take in new data so thoroughly that the panic fled in fear of you intellectual and emotional power. I bet Theo is kicking up her electric blue booties and shaking her shocking pink pompoms to cheer your victory even as I type. πŸ˜€

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Flick! No, we never get tired of sharing information with new, committed BSDers.
    Most of us on this thread have achieved previously undreamed of results, and nothing
    makes us happier than passing this information along. You are setting yourself up
    for success by having the insight to click onto this thread. I’m looking forward to
    hearing what your goals are for yourself, and helping you to achieve them! I’ve been in
    maintenance for the past 7 months, after dumping 147 lbs. I passionately believe
    that anything is possible with this WOL. All that is required is that you forget everything
    you’ve ever been taught about weight loss, keep an open mind, and communicate
    regularly with new friends on the forum. We will do the rest πŸ™‚ There will be a new
    Dec. challenge beginning on Tuesday. I’ll be looking out for you. The warmest of
    welcomes. Your life is about to change in the most wonderful of ways…
    Very best of luck to you!

Allie

• posted by alliecat
    on

Okay, Theo, now I AM envious! I never even thought of a skater’s dress paired with
    a suede biker’s jacket. I’ve completely lost my breasts and “bum”, but I still have
    my long legs……so I can really buy into this look! I think that I might be googling the
    night away. Nordstrom’s here I come! If I spend all my money on clothes, however,
    where will I get enough $$ to fly over and take a seat at your hospitality table of good
    cheer and laughter? Decisions, decisions! Definitely a tough call πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey, Allie and Essie (sound like a couple of teenage pop starsπŸ˜‰) so pleased you both like the sound of my outfit. I wore a similar outfit last week to a dinner out with friends, but with bright red accessories. I received so many compliments, I thought I’d reprise the look, with a different accent colour (hey, listen to me – sound like a fashionista πŸ˜‰). Already had the pashmina and never-used bag so, encouraged by Essie and her outrageous booties, bought some electric blue suede booties.

I never in a million years thought I would ever wear a skater dress but saw this in the sale several months ago (wore it with killer heel sandals in the summer ) and loved it so much that I went back and bought another – only colours they came in were charcoal grey with fine blue stripe, and black with fine red stripe. And I really need to get plenty of wear out of them because they nearly broke the bank πŸ˜‰ On knock down at the eye -watering price of…………wait for it…………… Β£4.90 (at current exchange rate, that’s approx $6.50). No wonder I bought two – oh how I love being thin enough to find tiny clothes on knock down πŸ˜ƒ

Allie, my friend, don’t fret. It’s not a choice you have to make – I’ll send my angel wings over to borrow for the flight (one careful owner, so in pretty good nick) so, as long as you promise to return them safely after your visit, you can do both πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Theodora
    on

PS As a footnote to the above post, as long as you keep it quiet from all my new-found fashionista followers, I’ll let you into a little secret. It’s bloomin cold in the UK atm and, a skater dress being quite short, and not yet being a total slave to fashion, the charcoal grey tights I wore today were of the thermal, fleece-lined varietyπŸ˜‰ My new found weapon against the bone-penetrating cold which is, to date, the ONLY downside I have found to being thinπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜€

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I bought two pairs of sweater tights last week! One charcoal grey herringbone, one plain black. They’re so warm I wore them under my floral pants on TG and was toasty all day.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sshhh, Essie – your secret is safe with meπŸ˜‰

Assuming US sweater tights are the same as UK thermal fleece lined?

They are warm, aren’t they. I bought 3 pairs – grey, black and navy blue, and they’re sooo soft too. Just loving them in this cold, wintry weather πŸ˜ƒ Whoever said fashion couldn’t be practical too? πŸ˜‰

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Weighed in at 132.8 this morning which is 0.2 lb under my goal weigh but proving to me that I can keep my weight off. To be fair though I’ve sort of got used to maintenance whilst trying to lose my weight! I’ve not really changed anything since getting to goal weight because I like my eating pattern and the foods I eat. I don’t eat until 12.30 pm and have not yet eaten anything off piste. I have been having a glass of raw apple cider vinegar with raw honey and sparkling water and a teaspoon of Ceylon cinnamon as a healthy tonic each day and have been feeling good. I would like to lose about 3lb more for insurance purposes prior to Christmas as I am going to America on 21st December to see my son and I know it will not be easy to find low carb vegetarian food restaurants. I think there may be some intermittent fasting going on for me. Having said that, ive got a date with a clotted cream and raspberry jam scone on Thursday this week at work! This has been a considered choice of mine and I will eat it mindfully and hopefully enjoy it. We are putting the Christmas decorations up in the office at work and are having afternoon tea and scones for a treat when the Christmas lights are turned on! The last clotted cream scone I enjoyed was in May at my sons 30th birthday party and it was delicious and again was considered and enjoyed. Hope it doesn’t send my pancreas into overdrive!

• posted by JackieM
    on

Bizarrely weigh less this evening than this morning, that never happens! I ate normally today too ~ the mysteries of our bodies. So my blip up is nearly corrected and I am 62kg again. Quite excited to see what the morning holds!

I really enjoy weighing myself, I find it fascinating. Now I’m below my max desirable weight I just find it interesting to see how the day has affected me, which is why I do it twice now. I’m confident enough in this WOE not to stress as long as I’ve kept to the rules, I know it will be OK. This absence of fretting is in itself worth gold, first time in 40 years I’d say (I’m 48)

Went to gym today – just had time to buy, but not try on, new gym clothes beforehand. What a revelation in the gym! Worked extra hard because I felt it would be obvious if my muscles weren’t working, and also could see why another couple kg loss would be optimum – just a little belly left on the front. Overall, looking in the many mirrors, I felt like a young body had been stuck on my head! Or like when Homer Simpson’s ordinary neighbour turns out to be ripped πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜œ

• posted by Theodora
    on

Cathy, well done on maintaining so far. I’m sure you’ll manage to get a little wriggle room before your Christmas trip. Mind you, your son just may not recognise you! Have you warned him, or is it going to be a big surprise (I’m obviously assuming that you haven’t seen him recently, but could be totally wrong). Have a wonderful time , you must be getting pretty excited.

Jackie, that’s an interesting phenomenon, not one that I’ve encountered. Interested to know if the scales read even lower this morning? I know exactly what you mean about a young body being stuck on your head though, I often feel the same – the one downside I have found to losing weight is that I seem to have acquired more facial wrinkles!! Small price to pay for looking and feeling healthy, slim and fantastic though.

Good news for me is that my weight has remained exactly the same for 3 whole days, despite (or, in view of my tendency to keep losing, possibly because of) eating out on 2 of those days. Hoping the trend continues.

My car had to go in for a service today and, as it was such a glorious morning, sunny and crisp, I decided to take the dogs with me and walk home, rather than accept the garage’s offer of a lift – now that is not something I would have ever have done pre-BSD, as it’s almost 9 miles by road and 12 miles via the rather hilly coastal path, which is the option I took. We don’t often have thick frost in deepest, darkest Cornwall, but we certainly had it this morning, what a joy to be out on such a morning and be fit enough to walk up and down the hills without effort, and it took less than 3 hours. Another NSV.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi all, wishing you a delightful afternoon! clarinetcathy, how wonderful to be spending
    Christmas with your son. Have a wonderful trip, but watch out for the mega portions
    being served in restaurants over here. Quite appalling, really πŸ™‚ Luvtcook lives in the
    D.C. area, and may be able to suggest some wonderful vegetarian restaurants for you
    to try?! Has your son seen you since your transformation? It might be a jaw dropping,
    joyful moment for you both!

Theo, 3 days??? This might be a record for you! All you now need to do is take up
    residence in the neighborhood pub……….I do REALLY like the sound of your frosty
    morning walk with the dogs. What breed are they, and how many of them?
    If we’re in on a Sat. night I like to watch Doc Martin. I like the English wit, and we
    find the coast breathtaking. Now I have a “fix” on what part of the country you occupy,
    as well! My “head” hasn’t fared to badly with the weight loss, but my body is a different
    story πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Try to picture the shell of a walnut! Any and all future “skinny dipping”
    will definitely have to take place under cover of darkness. Children’s mental health
    may be at stake, haha.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi Theodora, yep lower again this morning – 61.7kg. 100g off losing 15kg πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜

I am haVink a sofa day – your lovely walk may have tempted me out, but I gave the dog a bone about half and hour ago and we aren’t going anywhere for a bit. He had such a full on day yesterday I felt we both deserved a rest πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

He’s slept most of day and I said goodbye to my lovely friend who came for flying visit yesterday, dropped car in for service and snuggled down to catch up on reading/tv and online Xmas shopping. Need new PJs that look respectable in front of in-laws for Xmas, and more than one pair of jeans that fit. My old clothes starting to look big, so I am starting to acclimatise self to new size and hip bones 😁😁😁

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha Allie, as far as taking up residence in the local pub’s concerned, I’m doing my best – would be difficult to spend much more time in here (note the ‘here’) without actually becoming the landlord.πŸ˜‰ On these cold wintry days, the combination of looking out over the sea whilst sitting toasting my toes beside a roaring log fire, would be hard to beat. πŸ˜ƒ The 2 dogs are Beardies – gorgeous, hairy, energetic clowns who have just enjoyed a dip in the sea and are now nicely steaming at my feet. Which is another reason for visiting the pub, right next to the beach on our afternoon walk, so the boys come out of the water straight into here (after a quick shake) and sand and wet dog smell is always better NOT in my house!!

And yes, I’m lucky enough to live in a glorious area, and the Cornish coastline is, indeed, breathtaking. Now maybe you understand why Hotel Theodora is such a popular summer destination for our friends and family πŸ˜‰

What about you? City? Countryside? Coast?

Jackie, that is great news about the weight loss. Well done. I reckon you’ll make the 15kg by the weekend.

My dogs enjoy a bone too but would give it up in a nanosecond if the prospect of a walk was offered πŸ˜‰ Or a game, for that matter! What breed is yours?

Good luck with the online shopping. And don’t you just LOVE hip bones? For that matter, I’m totally in love with my collar bones too.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi there he’s a labradoodle – 15 weeks old and he’s going to be the size of a donkey! We probably over-exercise him – so I figured a day of rest for us both was in order! πŸ˜„

Please log in or register to post a reply.