After reaching your target, what next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

A new visible bone appeared when I dropped below 120. It’s the knobby bit on top of my left shoulder, the terminal point of the clavicle, basically. My right knob became visible a hundred pounds ago. I guess it just naturally protrudes more? I appreciate the symmetry of having a matching set so I was pleased to welcome lefty to the odd conglomeration of boney bits and wobbly bits that is my body. πŸ˜€

In other exciting news, today I’m wearing grey skinny jeans with two-tone knee-high hunting boots (black on the bottom, brown around the top) and a) I think the jeans are a tad big, and b) I can’t get enough of the boots and skinny pants combo. It looks slamming.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, Jackie, what fun to have an exuberant 4 month old puppy around! What I know
    about labs is that they have beautiful dispositions. O/h used to have a black lab,
    and keeping him out of any body of water was next to impossible! Enjoy your online
    shopping. Don’t make the mistake that I did. I measured the old hip bones, couldn’t
    quite believe my own “dimensions” and ordered a medium. Had to send all trousers
    back for a small….It does take some time to get used to this, desn’t it? Not to mention
    not needing a “tarp” to disguise the bulges anymore πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚
    Be back later, Theo!

Allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey AllieCat – he’s a splendid beast! Very happy with him.

I ordered trousers I tried on the other day – am wearing now in fact! Am loving having hip bones! Am slowly seeing I am thinner now, and my stuffs too big.

Esnecca – I love your clothes posts, I can hear your pleasure from here! And now I have a new word … slamming! I intend to look slamming over Christmas too!

• posted by Theodora
    on

What fun, Jackie, though yes, for goodness sake don’t over-exercise him. Don’t want to give him possible bone /joint problems in the future. Mine are full brothers, different litters, one 10 the other 8 and would run and run all day. One of the lovely features of theirbreed is that they tend to stay forever young. Of course, with a lovely labradorite, by this time next year he’ll be looking for masses of exercise too – all good for your fitness levels.

Essie, super-skinnies with knee high boots tend to be my everyday mode of dress and a look I love, though the boots are, often as not, welliesπŸ˜‰ Dogs, who’d have ’em, eh?😜

And yes, love my knobby bits too – love the technical terminology πŸ˜ƒ

Looking forward to it, Allie xx

BTW No longer in pub πŸ˜‰ Have now walked home with 2 dry dogs πŸ˜ƒπŸΆπŸ•

• posted by alliecat
    on

I love that Jackie! Slamming, it is !!! πŸ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

I finally got rid of the Maintenance Crew working here today, so I can concentrate…

Essie, please keep putting up the links to your new “fashionista” costumes. They come close
    to me clapping my hands in delight. I have so much fun looking at them!

Collies are magnificent, Theo. I assume you just stopped by the pub for a cup of
    cofee/tea and an opportunity to dry off the children? I know that wet fur smell…
    What do you think is the worse smell, “wet dog” or burning hair? Last evening
    I nodded off in front of the computer. I still haven’t ditched a disgusting smoking
    habit (I know, hiding my face in shame!) and I set my hair on fire. I beat myself
    about the head, so not to much damage done. Didn’t smell too pleasant, though.
    Just imagine it however, if you need a late afternoon laugh or pick me up πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, what are you like?!!! Not safe to be let out alone, obviously – or left home alone for that matter! πŸ˜‰

Wet dog or burnt hair? Mmmmm – tough decision 😱

Obviously as it was only 4pm, it was a pot of tea – delicious Cornish cream teas were on offer too but obviously I haven’t partaken of that traditional delicacy for the past 11 months.

PS pleased to say that smoking is one habit I’ve never developed.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Time means nothing, Theo – It’s always 5:00pm somewhere πŸ™‚ I did have fun googling
    the difference between Cornish cream tea and Devon cream tea though. Walking back
    home with the boys sounds delightful.
    What am I like?? I shudder to think. Someone who needs ample fire insurance, at the
    very least. I’m actually a kindred spirit, if you dare to own it. On my paternal side,
    genealogy research dates back to Elizabethan England, then the trail runs dry.
    Grandmother and great Aunt were always very proud of this fact, and we celebrated
    Christmas Day with a standing rib roast, yorkshire pudding and a brandy soaked plum
    pudding. Mincemeat tarts, too! Just a free spirit I think, who is thoroughly enjoying
    “play dates” with all of you! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, the one boot I haven’t gotten yet is a wellie, which probably should have been the first. At least I got a rain bootie, although you can’t tell at all that it is one because it’s totally chic with a (weatherproofed) grey suede exterior and a faux fur lining that peers up about an inch above the ankle line. Hey, it still counts as a practical choice, right? RIGHT? Hello? Is this thing on?

Thank you all so much for not being bored to death by my endless babbling about clothes. It’s been a long time since I experienced anything remotely enjoyable about buying new clothes or had anything worth talking about in my closet. You guys understand the process intimately so I don’t have to justify myself or explain it. You’ve just been where I’ve been and get a kick out watching the butterfly emerge from the cocoon, even when the butterfly can’t/won’t shut up about it. πŸ˜†

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s a very happy experience, Esnecca, please don’t stop! I’m getting more daring
    as a result of all the fun you’re having. I unearthed a pair of heeled suede ankle
    boots from the recesses of my closet. I’m wearing them around the house to get
    used to them again. I’m lurching around, but will master this!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

That is so great, Allie! You’ll be stomping the hallway like it’s a runway in no time flat. I feared I’d never stop teetering on any heel higher than a fraction of an inch when I first get back in the game because I walk so much now that I thought my feet might never tolerate any incline whatsoever. Instead, it took me less than 2 months to get to the point where 3.5 inches was fine. I’m going to intionally draw the line here, because I don’t want to run the risk of deforming or injuring my feet. I prefer being a fierce exercise walker to being a fierce fashion model as I am excellent at the former and too short, old and dorky to be the latter. πŸ˜€

Keep digging through your closet for more hot vintage styles. Then when you’ve exhausted the revival opportunities, hit those holiday sales and get you some new duds.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie – you do make me laugh! Fire insurance indeed! But please wash your mouth out with soap!!!! A DEVON cream tea?????? Utter blasphemy, no contest, Cornish wins hands down – the original and the best. The best clotted cream is Cornish, after all and why on earth would anyone in their right mind choose to put jam on top of cream???

And you’re probably more English than I am, by the sound of it. My mother is a Scot of Scandinavian descent (Viking) and my father was the grandson of Russian emigres – so maybe it should be a case of you owning me? O/H on the other hand is English through and through!

Loving the picture of you teetering around practising walking in your vintage boots – as Essie says, you’ll be strutting down the catwalk in no time (even if she says she won’t be joining you – though wouldn’t it be fun to have a BSD Maintainers’ Catwalk Show?πŸ˜‰!)

Essie, I didn’t think anyone could survive without a decent pair of wellies!! You obviously don’t have dogs, horses, live in the country or by the coast. Obviously a city girl. Wellies are, and always have been, one of my extravagances as I spend so much time in them. I think nothing of spending between Β£200 – Β£400 on a pair because, not only do they have to keep me dry, they have to be constructed like a walking boot and give me proper support as I walk an average of 10 miles a day in them.

As far as you “babbling” on about clothes, I’m with Allie – don’t stop, you give us all inspiration. We are all emerging butterflies after all. I confess, I have never in my life spent so much on clothes as I have done in the past 7 months. I could never understand anyone who actually enjoyed shopping. Now I’m out there with the best of them, buying clothes (probably things far too young for me) with gay abandon. But, BOY, do I feel good in them – embarrassed to say I still do a twirl every time I pass a full length mirror. So let’s all keep exchanging notes, it’s all part of maintenance, and very motivating. And fun, and we all deserve a bit of fun after all our hard work, don’t we?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Whoa! I thought my blue velvet knee-highs were ridiculously expensive at $115. My snow boots were $140 and that almost killed me, even though they were on sale from their regular price of $250. You can walk to hell and back in them, so objectively I know that “you get what you pay for” goes triple for a boot.

I knew for a fact that I was buying things way too young for me when I tried on a pair of skinny black jeans with a lace-up front (you don’t use the laces to get in and out; there’s a subtle side zipper). I asked my OH if it was a little too bondage queen and he said “more ren faire, actually, but not in a bad way.” SOLD! πŸ˜€

• posted by JackieM
    on

Does anyone else dream of eating? I dreamt there were bowls of chocolate toffees in the kitchen and every time I went in I had some, though they didn’t taste of anything, it was mindless grazing. Woke up in a bit of a panic, as in the dream I didn’t know about the BSD. I think in previous dreams I’ve eaten toast too. I don’t think it’s wish fulfilment, more like anxiety that I’m back in old ways and I’ve messed it up.

Had another weird day of losing so went to bed 61.4kg (200g lighter than yesterday morning and able to say 15kg lost) and have just weighed myself and that’s what I am now! I did have a cup of tea in bed (lovely husband). Weird but I am taking it anyway!

• posted by JackieM
    on

Just to add it’s the weight loss that’s weird, my husband often brings me a cuppa!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Just want to share my choice of outfit this morning. Black leather look (I’m vegetarian) skinny leggings with thigh length skinny jumper size small and black suede medium heeled ankle boots. Am slamming the rock chic look (aged 56)! . Am going in to work later to help decorate the office for Christmas and to hopefully enjoy a considered clotted cream and raspberry jam scone. Will they get a shock when they see me walk in! Makes all the hard work of getting to goal so worthwhile when you look good in your clothes,

Enjoy your success everyone, we worked hard for our reward and nobody did it for us.

Cathy rock chick

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie – your OH goes SHOPPING with you??? And offers fashion advice???? Mine would rather pull out his fingernails by the root😱 Loving the ren faire comment, though we don’t have them here – are they being well worn (the lace ups)?

And everything is ridiculously expensive here – my daughter and her girls make an annual trip to the States to restock their wardrobes. And whenever SiL makes a work trip for med conferences etc he always gets sent with a shopping list. I did preface my wellie story by saying they are an extravagance, and I could buy decent ones somewhat cheaper, but on average they last about 7 years so, on a cost per wear basis (virtually every single day) they don’t work out too badly. Except that I have 3 pairs – and I do try to buy them on sale. That’s my excuse anyway πŸ˜‰

Haha Jackie, that footnote made me laugh πŸ˜ƒ My OH brings me a cuppa in bed every single morning – in fact I struggle to get out of bed without it – bless him. Really pleased you’ve done the 15kg, well done. Walking on cloud 9? You should beπŸ˜„

Cathy – rock chick? Just loving itπŸ˜ƒ We SOOO need a photo gallery.

My look this morning is a little more sedate – hosing down and bloomin cold here, so waterproof trousers and thermal waterproof jacket, beanie hat, all set off by the aforementioned wellies. Fashionistas, eat your hearts outπŸ˜‰ – well I am just about to take the dogs out for our morning constitutional, but will do a Wonder Woman twirl upon our return to reveal the new meπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Esnecca
    on

That sounds so badass, CC. I love it! Would it ruin the hardcore rocker chick look you’re slamming to add a little color somewhere? Not more clothing because what you’ve got on already sounds sleek as a seal in water, but maybe something in the jewelry or accessories arena? I’m planning an all black look for my OH’s office party and I got three vintage jewels to add a splash of crimson very judiciously — a gold art deco bird, very stylized and geometric, with a red rhinestone eye that I will wear on the side of the v-neck decolletage so it looks like he’s dive bombing my breasts, a red enamel poinsettia blossom to pin to the knot of my waist-enhancing sash (no bows for me), and a red enamel link bracelet. None of them cost as much as $20 and they look great together without ruining the sexy of the all-black effect. A little shot of something small like that could be a cool addition for you, especially since you’ll be decorating and in the festive spirit and all that. I hear raspberry berets are even better than raspberry scones. πŸ˜‰

Have a great time slamming your outfit and knocking your co-workers on their keisters. The “where has this you been hiding?” reaction is such a sweet reward. My guy has no idea what I’m planning. He hasn’t even seen the individual pieces. There’s going to be some naughtiness in the ol’ homestead that night, if I’m not very much mistaken. The crimson satin knee-high boots alone should guarantee it. πŸ˜€

I’ll spare you the details of that report, but I want to hear all about the decorating blitz and what people said about you being the boss of the world. Any workplace drama revenge-is-sweet moments? Did guys who never gave you the time of day suddenly become your long-lost besties? Spill!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, I’ve only worn them once so far because they’re a new purchase (do y’all have Black Friday there?) but you know what? I think I rocked those badboys. The funny thing is I decided to go against the bondage fly vibe and paired them with a white sweater with a bright, happy orange, yellow, red and black fair isle pattern across the shoulders. And on my feet, Theo. Oh my what a wonder was there. Okay we have no gallery so I have to link you to them: https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2000146/cape-robbin-athena-bootie?color=SNAKE . Can you even stand that?! I cannot. I cannot even stand it.

Not only does my fella go shopping with me when called upon (which isn’t often; moms and girlfriends do that job best), but he remains engaged, attentive and gives detailed, honest feedback without ever being critical or hurtful. Then when I decide to return a thing I ordered online or bought with less judicious friends/family, he takes it to the store of his own free will so I don’t have to pay for the return shipping. Not to mention the small matter of him sticking with me through thick and thin for 24 years, and it was really, really thick for most of that time. He’s a magical unicorn of a man, I swear.

I’m not hating on your waterproof look whatsoever. It’s amazing how great even really practical clothes look nowadays. My winter track suit is one of my favorites. I look so nipped in at the waist and leggy, which is crazy because we all know my waist has refused to get under 30 inches and I’m elven short so leggy is not even remotely in the realm of the possible. Plus I’m wearing at least two layers under that (undies, long johns at a minimum) because I’m completely incapable of coping with any kind of cold temps whatsoever. I don’t know how they do it but bless them for it.

• posted by JackieM
    on

The bed arrived!!!! A workout just getting the bedding on it!! It’s huge – high as well as wide!! I love it!! Lying on it now enjoying the clothes chat. And it means I didn’t even think to eat yet, holding off for the nice ocado man, who should have something yummy in there somewhere – I’m thinking Roast beef, spread with cream cheese and horseradish wrapped around water toss and/or spinach and/or avocado. Plus my customary coffee with cream that I have around now, though got a cold on its way so that’s a bit less appealing today. Then a dog walk once all the deliveries are done, it’s so bright and crisp here!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Congratulations! New beds are such a thrill. I had to get a little stepstool when we bought a new one. Had the bed been two inches higher, I would have needed some kind of grappling hook and spiked-toed boot assemblage.

What’s an ocado man?

• posted by JackieM
    on

Esnecca – I wanted a bed that high, but husband was more pragmatic. Which I am now grateful for, this is plenty big enough once all the gubbins are on it. That’s probably a British saying? Broadly, β€˜stuff’.

Ocado are an online food delivery service, so this is my weekly shop, plus all the stuff needed to make 50 purple cupcakes that my daughter has decided to make for a school fair. Trust me to end up with a child whose main ambition is to be a master baker! Am still working on her, She’s starting to get protein is more filling, but we are a way off relinquishing the rest of it.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie!! Wow – that’s all I can say. You’ve always been my BSD hero, now you are DEFINITELY my badass fashion hero too! Knowing your array of kinky boots, I’d be very surprised to hear you don’t already have “some kind of grappling hook and spiked-toed boot assemblage” lurking in your wardrobe ready to scale anything necessary πŸ˜‰

And yes, even my full waterproof assemblage looks soooo much better on a slim trim body, and I still looked slim and trim despite being wrapped up like the Michelin man. I can no longer tolerate the cold either.

BTW Ocado is an upmarket online grocery store. Waitrose for those of us who have better things to do with our time than traipse round supermarkets. Particularly for the likes for whom it entails has a 30 mile round trip.

Jackie your new bed sounds fab! All new bed linen too? Don’t you just love new crisp sheets? Your lunch sounds delish too, despite the fact I don’t eat red meat! Still sounds tempting though.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oops, sorry, see that Jackie had already answered your Ocado question whilst I was faffing around typing my post!!

Sorry again as my typing about supermarkets seemed to have come out rather garbled. It was meant to read……..”particularly for the likes of me, for whom a supermarket run entails a 30 mile round trip”.

• posted by JackieM
    on

But am I the princess …. or the pea? πŸ˜‚ time will tell!

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Gals, have so enjoyed your fashion discussions. Light at the end of the tunnel. You all richly deserve the fun you are having. LTC

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Luvtcook, I had a new thread idea I thought you might be up for: how to kinda sorta cook some things you used to cook only without carbs. So for instance, you could post a few of your amazing baking hacks, links to recipes you’ve already posted as well as fuller explanations and instructions, as applicable. I was thinking of addressing thickeners for sauces and dressings, like how I make a cream sauce with no cream, a gravy with no roux and an enchilada sauce with no roux or tomatoes.

We’ve got some great cooks on this forum and a lot of people with limited kitchen experience or very carb-centered experience who are intimidated at the prospect of having to lead their own private eating revolution. I think it can be a serious impediment to success, so much so that sometimes they quit before they really begin. I’d love to see all of us marshall our forces to create a VLC Cooking 101 type thread tailored to the terrified and/or inexperienced cooks. What do you think?

• posted by JackieM
    on

Luvtcook and Esnecca – yes please!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie, that is a fantastic idea, and not just for the terrified or inexperienced cooks among us. We can all do with shaking up our repertoires without having to go through all the trial and error these things often involve. So having one dedicated thread where we can all share our experience and / or pick the brains of others can only be a good thing. And even better if it’s lead by such enthusiastic, adventuress cooks as yourself and LTC.

Go for it. Please.

PS we could also do with a “sticky” function to keep such threads at the top so always visible for newbies.

• posted by marie123
    on

Esnecca,
    I agree with Jackie and Theodora – that is a brilliant idea and would be very helpful, certainly to me. I’m not sure about it being for the ‘terrified’, but I agree that if we are to be successful long-term, each of us has to go through our own private eating revolution, and that’s a big challenge. Any support with that would be fantastic.

Marie x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Wouldn’t you just know it, the one night I actually get 7 hrs. of sleep (hooray), look what
    I missed this morning! First things first, however……..I’m going just a bit crazy
    contemplating a cooking thread lead by our 2 resident creative masterminds! Imagine
    a new cheer routine coming from me today, including a ridiculous amount of backflips
    and cartwheels. If the ground under your feet shifts some, that will be me hitting it
    after some major miscalculation in my landing. PLEASE go for it!! (the thread, not
    the backflips!)

ClarinetCathy, we’d all like to hear what sort of a stir you caused in the office today!
    I’m all in for the clad in black look. Especially the leather look leggings. One of the
    first purchases I made back in the Spring when I came in on the scales under target
    was a pair of python print leggings. Too chilly for them at the moment, but no worries,
    I’m anxiously awaiting a new haul tomorrow or Sat. The delivery driver is going to
    have to make 2 trips up a flight of 18 stairs to get it to my door. The weight from
    3 pairs of boots and assorted shoes should do him in. I hope that he’s “fit”!

Jackie, your dream about food is just a stray anxiety dream. I have a friend who
    still awakes in a cold sweat after dreaming about smoking again! Just a little misfire
    in the brain. I sometimes dream that my teeth are falling out on the pillow. There’s
    nothing we can do about the subconscious, is there. Maybe you’ve been thinking
    about what non BSD friendly food that we must navigate around this holiday season!
    Isn’t it wonderful to have this thread to discuss subterfuge! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Now, to fashion!! Esnecca, your Norstrom snakeskin booties are a show stopper. I
    have a real weakness for boots of all kinds, and in my prime had 10 pairs! I’m
    genuinely embarrassed to admit that in today’s money, they represented an invest-
    ment of $5,000-$6,000 US dollars, possibly more. Different days and different times
    however. With no children to raise or college funds to save for, we had a great deal
    more discretionary income for luxuries back then. You are an amazing shopper to
    be able to find the fashion statement items you have bought for the money you
    have spent. Bravo, and keep putting those links up! I really enjoy them πŸ™‚
    I’m casting my vote in the affirmative for a fashion thread, too! I think you should
    call it “Phoenix Rising from the Ashes”! Isn’t that what we’ve done???

Enjoy your day everyone, and don’t try too hard to keep your money in your wallet… πŸ™‚
    I’ll be back later,

Allie

on

Just back from the office and guess what? Not one single compliment from the envious lot! Unbelievable but I feel quite smug knowing that they must have felt so envious that they couldn’t even say anything nice. How sad! Makes me all the more determined to keep my weight off and I can’t wait to turn up to the next works do in my off the shoulder, skin tight black jumpsuit with retro silver buckle at the hip. Size 10. As ever, thank you girls for your support and encouragement. It has really cheered me up reading about how positive getting to goal makes us all feel.

Esnecca your snakeskin boots are awesome! That heel!

Allie- have fun trying on all your new buys when they arrive.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Cathy, that’s apalling! What a mean-spirited lot! 😨 The green-eyed monster is a terrible master. Well, may I step up to the mark and tell you that you look amazing? A real hot rock chickπŸ˜ƒ

As for your next works “do” outfit, go sock it to ’em, girlπŸ˜ƒ

Yes, Allie, have a fantastic time trying on and wearing all your exciting new purchases – after you’ve scraped the poor delivery man off the stairs that is😜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Clarinet Cathy, on this side of the pond we say “that SUCKS”! Are they all blind? I
    doubt it. What’s left? The green eyed monster! 42 lbs can’t pass notice!!! We notice,
    and the next outfit your voluntary stylists here will help you put together will give them
    reason to be speechless. You just enjoy the hell out of those leathers πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I can’t believe your co-workers are such a petty lot they can’t even bring themselves to utter a “you look nice today” comment, Cathy. Of course they’re jealous and if anyone isn’t, then they don’t know how to express “I didn’t realize until I saw your kickass rocker chick outfit how much weight lost!” Or perhaps “Hey, nice new ass. Can I wear it as a hat?” πŸ˜€

Good for you for having such a great attitude about it. As the saying goes, haters gonna hate. You’re going to look this good all the time so they’d damn well better get used to it.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Allie, I can’t wait to hear all about your incoming treasures. I’m so glad you got some pre-Christmas presents for yourself. It’s more than deserved and so exciting! Three pairs of boots sounds like walking in a winter wonderland to me. You might have to tip your UPS/USPS carrier extra this Christmas, or at least bake them some … kimchi frittata? (Which I’ve made in real life and is totally delicious, just fyi.)

We could open a fashion show thread and just use Dropbox or another free photo service to upload our images. I don’t know if we can embed as I haven’t quite figured out what parses here, but we can always link. The tide of boots cannot be stemmed! πŸ˜€

• posted by JackieM
    on

Turns out that helping someone makes 50 cupcakes is quite tiring, and also that my instinct is to taste and lick bits off my hands, which is not ideal when it’s purple icing ☹️😳. Absolutely not tempted (well, some of the misshaped cakes did look very enticing) but Cross I’ve licked icing sugar off my hand, and also it smelled like she’d put almond essence in, so I stuck a finger in and tasted before remembering what else was in it ie: sugar!

CC – people are weird aren’t they? Losing weight really challenges the status quo, I think, people can find it quite challenging. Or else don’t like to say β€˜you look thin’ etc because that implies β€˜you used to look fat’. But a β€˜wow you look fabulous’ would have done it – I bet you did! I’m sure they talked about it loads when you weren’t there.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Essie, DELIGHTED that you found the thread idea useful. Now, if you’d put up that
    kimchi frittata idea, we can call it a deal! I can be shameless too, when begging for new
    recipes. Heading over to see what you’re up to on the new thread. Can’t wait πŸ™‚

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Esnecca, of course I am game to help anyone who is stymied by low carb cooking. It would be helpful to know what roadblock, issues or gaps in their menus they are running into. Need interesting veg options? Bread replacement? Soups? Cheese sauce?

There may be a little bit of an issue translating what I find in my market to what is available in the UK. Some shortcuts may not be an option for others (ex I can make a great fast and lazy creamed spinach with Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs Cheese spread at 1 g carb for 2 Tbs…..gives us luxurious creamed spinach with some sauteed onion to dress up a plan grilled chop. But don’t know if Boursin is available to everybody. I suppose they will have to see if they can find something close etc.

By the way….your Phoenixes are ARE ON FIRE today. I go to Tai Chi class and come back to 2 pages if new posts, and new fashion thread, and now a cooking school thread. No moss growing on these rolling stones. You go girls.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Been out of the loop for a couple of days, as I have been helping to mind a very concussed grandson. I see that a new thread has been started for sharing fashion tips, hints and joy, but did anyone actually start the one for sharing low carb recipes? Had a scan through and nothing stood out as a possible – sorry it’s probably glaringly obvious and I just didn’t spot it.

Doing okay on the maintenance front. We are away this weekend, visiting with friends and catching up with our son and family, all of which will doubtless mean I use up some wriggle room, but not stressing about it, as I’m confident I can rectify things next week if necessary.

Have a good w/e everyone.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Hey Sunny, I haven’t started that thread yet but will. I’ll post the link back here when it’s up.

on

Whilst having my hair done at the hair salon I happened to notice two protuberances in the full length mirror whilst sitting in the chair- my kneecaps! I’ve not seen them for a fair number of years! They only seem to have appeared this week. I am slightly under my target weight and BMI is 24.9. That last couple of pounds of fat must have been fat around my kneecaps. How funny!

Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

These are the moments that make us want to laugh out loud, aren’t they Cathy? Or
    at least “tell someone”! Thanks to the creation of this thread, we now have that option πŸ™‚
    I think my most bizarre moment was when I turned my wrist over and was able to
    actually “see my pulse” at both the wrist and elbow! It’s all one big anatomy lesson,
    isn’t it? Enjoy it!!!

Allie

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

We can get Boursin in the UK certainly although it is probably a lot more expensive than it is in France. I love it on portobello mushrooms as well, or spread inside Romano peppers and grilled.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Mixnmatch….yum!!! What a great idea, I had not thought about grilling it. I am always looking for a filling “extra” to have with a soup meal. This sounds like a winner.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Cathy, your story about your kneecaps made me laugh out loud πŸ˜ƒ It’s amazing how many boney protuberances I have rediscovered, can never make up my mind which is my favourite – maybe collarbones? Certainly not kneecaps, lovely though they may be!πŸ˜‰

MnM, I LOVE boursin on portobellos, delicious. Not tried it on Romano peppers though, so will definitely give that a go. Thanks for the idea.

Allie, as an aside, you’ll be pleased to know that my weight now seems to be holding steady, within a pound or two normal fluctuations. No more dramatic losses so I at last seem to have stabilised. How about you? Do hope that eating those extra couple of hundred calories a day to take you to your TDEE is doing the trick and has set your o/h’s mind at rest.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hey, Theo, your social calendar must have been busy AGAIN this weekend, because I’ve
    missed you out and about! On the other hand, it’s given me an opportunity to get something
    accomplished, not trading quips with you all day πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ :).
    I’m really happy to hear that you’re stabilizing a bit! I picked up a lb. this week, after
    staying the same for about 10 days I think. I’m not going to let it turn into a runaway
    train, but keeping it all in perspective for the moment. No compunction to get rid of
    it immediately, so that represents progress for me. Hope to see you later today!

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Allie. Hope o/h is feeling happier?

And yes, yet another stupidly busy weekend socially, and weight still holding steady despite 2 dinners and one lunch out in three days, with wine every day. Just half a pound up since Thursday, which is a whole lot better atm than any more loss. So all good here – how nice to be missed though xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Yesterday I had not one, not two but THREE tablespoons of peanut butter after dinner (a pile of rapini so high I had to use to a serving platter as a plate just so I could have enough space to fit the pile next to the chicken sausage and krauts). I also had an ounce of Pili nuts. Then I tried a new yogurt — Bulgarian traditional made from whole milk and live cultures. It has half the sugar of Fage and even more delicious fat. It’s very liquid, almost drinkable, and tangy delicious. I swear those probiotic bacteria are the glitter of the food world. They brighten everything they touch.

This morning the scale rewarded my indulgence in healthy fats (500 calories in nut products alone, y’all) and probiotics with a new record low: 117.0lb. I’ve been hovering between my previous low (117.6) and 120 since I first dropped into the teens. The highest I’ve gotten was the day after Thanksgiving when I weighed in at 119.6. This is exactly how I want it to be forever. Just a hair under 120 for wiggle room while enjoying the rich pleasure of eating two or three big spoonfuls of peanut butter and a bowl of lush Bulgarian yogurt whenever the mood strikes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.