After reaching your target, what next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Aw, Theodora that’s nice 😊

We are finally, now the children don’t come in anymore, and now I am the smallest I’ve been since our wedding, upgrading to a Super King bed! Not that I am complaining! Lots of lovely white bed linen! My secret indulgence is to take our duvet cover to the dry cleaners for laundering so it comes back all smooth and lovely – even when I iron it myself I can’t get it that good. But I don’t think OH approves, if he gets there first it gets stuffed in the washing machine and left all crumpled after the dryer! I can’t bring myself to take the pillowcases or sheets – seems too decadent!

Also, our son is getting the spare bed double, and ours is going to the spare room, so when the hordes turn up at Xmas (not complaining, I love hosting, they do all the cooking and I buy the pretty decorations!) I just need to be sure we can host without asking them to bring stuff. Not that it matters, I just like being a generous host. My MIL always brings her own towels, which I find v odd – what is wrong with our towels?! I know nothing really, she is being kind, but it still seems weird to me.

Sons bed is a bunk one, with a slide. Now he’s 11 it’s a bit rickety, especially as he runs down the slide still, so I think the sooner we move it the better! This weekend if I can rally the troops.

• posted by Theodora
    on

I’m with you on the hosting front, Jackie – something else we have in common – never happier than when I have a houseful of family / friends to entertain. And hence, Hotel Theodora – never been decadent enough to even think of sending my bed linen to be laundered though (although I have been known to do it with my late Grandmother’s huge tablecloth that we use for entertaining). But since you’ve planted the idea, and I’m not a billionaire……………………………………………………

I have hosted the entire family for the last 45 Christmases but this year my eldest son and his wife are playing host – not sure they know quite what they are letting themselves in for!! I have very little doubt that I’ll be drafted in to cook Christmas dinner though – we have carnivores, pescetarians, vegetarians and vegans, not to mention a granddaughter with 52 severe food allergies – and now a low-carber thrown into the mix too!!! Should make for an interesting menu🤔

I’m sure your MiL is just trying to save you washing! Be thankful she doesn’t bring a sleeping bag too!😜 (I do hope towels aren’t her only contribution – maybe some nice wine too?😉)

• posted by JackieM
    on

We will only be 10, very manageable, we have veggies and omnivores and me! There’s a well honed kitchen routine I don’t get involved in, led by MiL supported by her children (I go sit with the men!) which is why I like hosting as when we go elsewhere I am mostly redundant!

I know MiL is just being nice, just her way is not my way. One of the inevitable tensions of not being blood, though lots of people manage to have blood-relative tension too, just probably not about towels.

Laundered bedlinen is a slippery slope, it looks so neat on the shelf it’s quite tempting to take all of them. But whereas one is the price of a couple of cappuccino’s, three would be harder to justify to myself on a weekly basis. So I put the children’s in a hamper so I don’t have to look at them 😂😂

What WILL you eat at Christmas? I have got as far as thinking Turkey and brussel sprouts/broccoli, followed by cream for pudding, which whilst balanced and low carb may not cut it as a joyful experience!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ve been a bit absent lately and missed loads here! Welcome to the 100 club notsofatrabbit, and welcome to the joys of the tightrope that is maintenance. While Allie and Theodora are trying to avoid falling off one side I am wobbling a bit on the other, although still at my target weight, just, with still no wiggle room. Big ‘mindful day off’ tomorrow with the long awaited outing for my ball dress at a black tie dinner in a swanky hotel. I will have the evening eating and drinking whatever I fancy, and Monday’s weigh in will tell me what the damage is. I’m glad to see that our maintenance home is getting nicely busy and full of great discussions. Onwards and upwards or downwards (delete as applicable…)

• posted by alliecat
    on

Mixnmatch, enjoy your formal black tie affair on saturday night! Just think,
    our parent’s generation used to “dress up” every weekend, when they were
    young. Did I miss the piece in the Daily Mail on your remarkable success
    story? I’ve been looking forward to seeing it online. I hope that I didn’t miss
    it! If it hasn’t run yet, do you know when it will be run?
    I, too, am really enjoying this thread. Thank you again for initiating it.

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yes indeed, MnM, thank you. And enjoy your night off tomorrow. Will look forward to hearing all about it. X

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I wasn’t ‘used’, probably because someone looked at my before and after pictures and decided they may get sued if they claim results like my 8 stone off for a six week party dress diet which is how they decided to market the series 😄 I still have the dresses and shoes at the moment as they haven’t arranged collection yet, but they weren’t exactly the most flattering style anyway, even if the long floaty skirt and sparkly bodice of the Coast dress made me feel vaguely princess-like.

• posted by alliecat
    on

MnM, that is REALLY disappointing, isn’t it? I wonder what they would make
    of me, 10 stone in 10 months…..This is unfortunate, because you made the
    story about the unique way in which you adapted this WOL to yourself.
    Hopefully, they will reconsider.
    Have a great weekend,
    Allie

• posted by Esnecca
    on

The scale told me I weighed 120.6 lbs this morning. I stared at it for a solid minute to make sure I wasn’t seeing things or still asleep. I ate 3 oz of cheese yesterday! And 15 grams of peanut butter! I expected the scale to go in the other direction. I still can’t quite believe it. When I’m a little less stunned, I might have to run around the house yelling “GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL” like a Spanish football commentator.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good grief, Esnecca, you’ve actually done it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t be happier for
    you 🙂 🙂 🙂 Enough, now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

WOW Esnecca – Awesome! Congratulations on your fantastic achievement. It must have stunned you this morning to see such a low figure. Amazing news.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Thank you all so much. 🙂

Allie, I wasn’t even trying! It’s the reverse diet thing. I went from losing maybe one or two pounds a month after my anniversary to losing 8 pounds since late September. Building the calories back up but keeping the carbs low flips a metabolic switch, that’s for sure. Bring on the cheese and peanut butter!

CC, it knocked the wind out of me, for sure, but in a great way. I really didn’t expected to get below 125 as my body seemed reluctant to lose the last few, and I was totally fine with it. That’s why I shifted to maintenance anyway despite not having reached that ultimate high school weight goal. Then I got hit with the same reverse diet miracle that hit MnM, Theodora and alliecat.

Thank you, Luvtcook! Just another thing you have to look forward to. Soon that fat suit will be falling off you without you even having to unzip it.

• posted by jimnz
    on

I started this new way of life on 15 March 2016 – 87 weeks and 6 days ago.
    Weight loss has been steady and has settled around 20 kg down.
    HBA1C levels have dropped – at last reading- off the bottom of the Pre Diabetic scale. I had never got to the stage of being prescribed metformin or injected with insulin
    Loss of neck circumference has totally stopped Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in its tracks. I no longer snore and the CPAP machine has been handed back to the local hospital that issued it in 2005.

I feel just great and intend staying with the current eating regime permanently – age is 77.

Jim

• posted by alliecat
    on

Luvtcook, Esnecca is right, as usual. Keep your focus, and you will soon leave
    the odious “fat suit” behind with both of us Americans. Not to forget
    californiagirl, either! We’ve got a pretty good track record so far 🙂 Anything
    is possible with extra low carbing. Keep in touch!

• posted by Theodora
    on

WooooHoooo Esnecca – and woweee! Couldn’t be happier for you – doing the happy dance in fact.😃😄😀

It IS a miracle – and long may it last. We’ve earned it, after all😄😃😀 And I just love the picture of you running around the house shouting Gooooooooaaaaaal 😄

Well done Jimnz – quite an achievement.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Wow Esnecca! I love this happened whilst you were eating more than enough!

You ultra BSD guys should write a book! So much knowledge and inspiration combined. Though I’m not sure people will ever believe it’s achievable unless they try it themselves.

Xxx

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Congratulations Jim…and you must be loving the improvement in the sleep apnea. Those c-paps look like a pain. You must be thrilled to be rid of it.

Do not see Allie anywhere this morning which is rare. Allie, hope all is well.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Make that 10 pounds lost since the end of September. I was 117.9 this morning. I’ve only seen big daily drops like this during an extended fast. Yesterday I ate an omelette with one duck egg and one hen egg, 2 full oz of cheese (that omelette was literally bursting with melthy goodness), two strips of turkey bacon, 2 tbsp of peanut butter, at least 3 oz of Greek yogurt, roasted turkey breast, a whole head of chickory, 5 oz spinach, butter, olive oil, an array of my trusty fermentation products and a big ol’ 16-gram square of 100% cacao sprinkled with sea salt flakes. It was fat-tastic! I also drank like a camel, 105 fl oz or 3.1 liters.

I’m pretty sure I’m trapped in the Matrix or in a hallucinatory coma, but I can’t say I don’t love it. In two days I’ve reached the unattainable goal AND added wiggle room to boot. I feel a homemade grass-fed sirloin mushroom and Swiss burger coming on.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Esnecca, congratulations. I’m with you – what you ate and drank yesterday sounds pretty much like an average day for me, and it WORKS. Well done you, how exciting, jumping, shouting, cheering, dancing and waving my pompoms for you,

PS I’m all for hallucinatory comas, if they give us results like this😁

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Woo Hoo!!! Way to go, Esnecca! After all you diligence and hard work, you so deserve this amazing achievement. Enjoy it!!!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I wondered what that blur of shocking pink was way over yonder. Thank you, Theo. I’m sure you’ll cheerlead this even more wildly: I bought a pair of black suede Calvin Klein ankle boots with a 3-inch stiletto heel to celebrate being under 120 lbs for the first time since puberty. Embossed with a tiny slightly metallic snakeskin pattern, no less. I asked my OH if they were hot and he nodded soundlessly with his mouth hanging open. Now that’s what you call a NFR. 😆

Thank you, SunnyB! I am enjoying it so much that not even my mother’s plaintive plea that I eat her mashed potatoes and pies at Thanksgiving on Thursday could dull my glow.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love the sound of those boots, Esnecca, they sound amazing! And a great reaction from your OH. Sadly, I can’t wear heels that high anymore – my feet just won’t bend enough. I did get a great reaction from my OH, when I put on a jumpsuit I bought recently. Bought it online and expected to be sending it back, but it is fabulous on and makes me feel great – OH said hubba, hubba, so it definitely didn’t get sent back!

Feeling better about things this week, a I am slowing clawing back a little of that wriggle room again. Getting back to the 800/20 and 16:8 has helped with that and I’m feeling in control, even with a couple of cocktails at the w/e.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow, Esnecca – my pompoms have gone into overdrive!

The boots sound AWESOME – feeling quite jealous😝😜😉 Feeling another little boot shopping trip coming on, as I bought myself a pair of black suede heeled boots just last week, but by no stretch of the imagination could they be described as “hot”, more “practical” 😁

But what a way to celebrate – beats a food treat any day of the week!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

SunnyB, I’ve done that too, so many times. I think “this is crazy, there is no way I can squeeze into that tiny skinny/slim fit/tailored/wasp-waisted jean/pant/shirt” and then when it comes and I try it on, it fits great, or it’s too big! I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the feeling of sliding easily into a slim fit velvet ankle pant and looking like you actually belong in something like that. I was more hourglass shaped before I started gaining weight, so I always had a bit of struggle to get pants over my hips that fit fine at the waist, but now that I’ve lost the weight, the ass went with it. I honestly think I look better now in certainly kinds of clothes than I did at 18. Surreal.

I can’t go higher than 3 inches in thin heels or I teeter totter like I’m on stilts. Blocks or platforms give me an extra half-inch because the base is so much wider and more stable. My very stylish friend who took me out on my first shopping trip gave me strict instructions to stick with wedge, block and kitten heels until I could walk around the apartment easily without having to think about every step. Only then should I attempt a stiletto. She is very wise.

Theodora, I love a practical boot. I acquired several in that arena — tall snow boot, two ankle rain boots, one riding — but I want my closet populated with hotness too. For years it was rubber clogs every day. Now it’s tan plaid with a scarlet laquer 3.5 inch block heel, floral embroidered brocades, blue velvet knee-highs and fuxia sateen pointed-toe flats. Those last ones I got from Zara, btw, and I am in love with them to an operatic degree. https://www.zara.com/us/en/sateen-pointed-ankle-boots-with-low-heel-p17154201.html?v1=4858510&v2=734142 . Hot, right? And no heel to speak of.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wowee, Especially, hot indeed😄

It is soooo fantastic being able to wear such things again and, as you say, look as though we belong in them😃

SunnyB, jump suits are so NOW again. Bet you look great in it. Funnily enough, whilst clearing out yet another of my wardrobes over the weekend, I came across a favourite quite dressy jump suit from way back when. ……the 80s maybe? Anyway, it still looked good and small, so tried it on and it looked fantastic. Alright, it’s black (but I’ve always loved black) but would knockout with the fuscia pink sateen boots which, incidentally, would match my pompoms to perfection 😉 So when you get tired of them…………….😜

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

You ladies crack me up!

Ensecca, well done! I am lime green with envy, especially about the boots. Don’t know what it is about a gorgeous pair of boots, but they speak to me.

Theodora and Sunny….you too sound like you are going to rock it out in those jump suits. I on the other hand and just so please I can get actually button up the winter coat from 3 years ago that now fits. I have a closet full of coats….one in size “way too big”, one in “can now button up”, one in “almost fit at the end of the last diet” and the last in “what were you thinking ?”. Getting into clothes tucked away at the back of the closet tells me so much more than a tape measure….no lying to yourself with clothes. If you still can sit down in those pants….well, you have your answer. Never sure I am doing the measuring tape in the same/right place or pulling it with the same tension as last time. Cothes don’t lie.

Well done all.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Like maybe this color green? https://www.zara.com/us/en/embroidered-satin-high-heel-ankle-boots-p16065201.html?v1=4745012&v2=269191 Because I bought those too. 😆

I remember when my old stalwart black trousers that had served as pretty much my only decent item of clothing for a decade dropped from my hips to the floor while still zipped and buttoned. That was such a huge moment for me. I wish I’d kept them now so I could take one of those classic putting both legs in one of their legs picture, but my active purging system drove me to chuck them out when they fell to the floor still zipped and buttoned while I was wearing their replacements underneath them.

You are going to be so jazzed as you go through your closet and move pieces from the won’t fit to too big to clownishly ridiculous must give away categories. Those clothes are ready-made mini-goals to keep you motivated and get constant payoff from your hard work.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sorry, Esnecca – just noticed that my previous post called you Especially 😄😃😄 Bloomin predictive text!!

And, crikey, I’m going to have to start shopping at Zara😃 because my black jumpsuit would look pretty hot with lime green boots too! Though I’d have to get new pompoms, of course 😉

Luvtcook, you’ll soon be kicking ass in skinny jumpsuits and hot boots too and you’ll look FANTASTIC – or, should I say, even MORE fantastic than you do already in your 3 year old coat😜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh my god, what frivolity here, today! I’m laughing in delight at all of this
    silly talk. You’ve sent me to the far reaches of my closet to haul out some
    much loved expensive numbers that date back to the 80’s. Styles have
    returned, Theodora. We’ve only had to wait 30 years for it!!!! I tried on a
    black suede midi skirt with a slit up the side, and the crazy thing fits! I
    even found a black airplane silk black jumpsuit in the farther most reaches
    of the closet. The real gem, however, is a lynx jacket, that now fits perfectly,
    which I’ll be trotting out this winter, political correctness be damned. If I raise
    any eyebrows, I’ll just cultivate a “withering look” and tell any critics that
    it’s faux fur! Long live the 80’s, my friends!
    Just for fun, I took a look at those sateen boots, esnecca. Those toes look
    like lethal weapons 🙂 Very cute, though!

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, long live “faux” lynx😉😄😜 And loving the sound of the suede skirt with the slit 😃

Along with my evening jump suit, I unearthed a fantastic sequin jacket, so that is definitely coming out of mothballs too – they’ll look wonderful together 😀 Roll on the party season 😜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Forgive me, but I forgot to tell Esnecca this, because I got to laughing at
    the posts on this thread today. You mentioned a change in your previous
    hour glass shape? I’ve made note of the same thing. When speaking of
    the proverbial fruit basket of female silhouettes, I used to be mildly pear
    shaped, but now I’m definitely a banana! Narrow everywhere 🙂 I think it
    is because this WOE is so efficient at burning fat from the hips. I can
    do the skinny pants all day long because of my height, but I’m not too sure about
    the 3″ heels………..Wish I could rent a pair (mild yuk) to practice in!
    Enjoy yourself to the max with fashion. You deserve it 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yep – my bum’s gone too😃

As for 3 inch heels, I’m gonna get practising too, I could do with the extra height (I’m 5’5″ on a good day, but in reality only 5’4″ these days) and my o/h keeps calling me a “little thing “. He and my sons are very tall ( o/h 6’2″ and sons both 6’5″)and even my lovely DiL is 5’11”, so I always feel vertically challenged!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Lol, Theodora, me too! I hope someone else is enjoying it. Good riddance 🙂

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, you so need a burst of happy color to set off that jumpsuit to its greatest advantage and How low is the hem? If it’s ankle height, then go with the green so you can show off that gorge embroidery. If its heel-length, go with the fuchsia because the pointed toes keep going long after your foot does so there will be plenty of bright pink showing to match your pompoms.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Allie, I love the sound of that midi skirt (another very on-trend look right now) and I know you’re going to rock that lynx. You don’t even have to deny its realness because it’s vintage! You’re ensuring that lynx who died 35 years ago did not die in vain. 😀

• posted by alliecat
    on

Exactly, E.! Besides, I’m somewhat “vintage” myself 🙂 So grateful not to
    feel it, though. Decade of my 40’s back again for a repeat performance!
    It’s groundhog day……….

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yes, I soooo do, Esnecca😃 The jumpsuit pants are quite long, so pink it is. At least I won’t need to invest in new pompoms😉

Mind you, I have quite little feet. And who knew that when you lost weight, your feet get substantially smaller too? Now is that because I had fat feet? Never noticed that I had! Or is it because, with less weight to carry, they are splaying less? Who knows? Whatever the reason, my shoe size has dropped from a UK 5 (US 7.5; Eu 38) to UK 3.5 (US 6; Eu 36) which is the same as in my 20s. Anyway, the point is (excuse the pun) that, with little feet, I’ll need the points long to show 😲 So pink pointy boots……here I come😃

Wayhay for Groundhog Day, Allie 😃

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just 0.4lb down this week, which increases my wriggle room to 1.8lb – not great but better than nothing. Still looking to build my wriggle room to 4lb, so still a way to go. As a slow loser, it could still take a while to shift that extra 2.2lb – hopefully by the festive season though. Meanwhile, I’m sticking with the 800/20 and 16:8 for a minimum of five days a week, as anything else leaves me static.

Yes, feet do expand with the extra weigh, just like one finds during pregnancy – a mix of fat, poss water retention and spreading from the additional weight carried I guess. Whatever the reason is, mine have shrunk too, though not as much as yours Theodora, but they are definitely smaller. I have shoes that now fall off and others that fit more comfortably, making them wearable where before they had to be side lined. It’s just another bonus courtesy of the BSD!

I bought some fab shoes when we were in Singapore last month – a pair of point toe sparkly ones in a champagne colour and a pair of green sued with silver heels. Both pairs with heels only a little higher than kitten heels. I love the shoes out there, as they aren’t all stilts. Haven’t been able to wear serious heels since putting them at the back of the cupboard during my first pregnancy 35 years ago! Have one or two pairs of higher heels I can manage for a few hours for a dinner out, but can’t wear them for any prolonged period or walking very far. I’m only 5’1″, so have just had to accept being vertically challenged as the way it has to be for me – at least I found a way to deal with the weight issue though!

• posted by JackieM
    on

I am up and down the 62.x kg all this and last week. This I my wiggle room, so I don’t mind too much. Currently 62.2kg, so nearly back at my lowest. Find not eating til near midday helps me go down (no time today til gone 11am, so did gym on empty but was fine). That plus a dog walk and an hour of puppy class in a field (definitely me that needs training not the dog!)

Have to try and remember I am still trying to lose 2.2kg (same number SunnyB but a bit more in lbs I am afraid) in the middle of the day, which is when the (low carb) treats come in, which are strictly not necessary but pass the time. Today I am going to go have a shower and read my book instead, before First child pick up and the evening chores kick in.

Hope everyone’s day is going well, you giddy lot! I enjoyed reading the fun yesterday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Silly isn’t it JackieM, to be fretting about managing to losing more weight when we’re already below target weight, but there is something very comforting about having that extra leeway, just in case. I’m keen to get back to my lowest weight before Christmas and am hoping to be able to post success in the next couple of weeks, despite the social occasions already starting to pop up – two meals out early December arranged in the last two days and a potential third to be confirmed! I guess it just means I need to be mindful of what I do the rest of the time and make sure I reign things back to keep control.

Hope you will succeed in dropping that extra 2.2kg JackieM and best of luck with avoiding those middle day ‘treats’. It’s the evenings that I’m most likely to experience temptation, but managing not to give in to more than the occasional square of v. dark chocolate. Actually, eating to a 16:8 pattern means temptation doesn’t strike too often, as I have no problem stretching the overnight fast in the mornings.

Anyway, best of luck to you JackieM. Keep us posted on progress.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Jackie! We did have a completely goofy day yesterday, didn’t we? I was
    giggling throughout. It does my heart good to hear Esnecca having so much
    fun with her new wardrobe! I don’t really understand why it is silly to be worried
    about being substantially under target, SunnyB. Perhaps I have misread your
    comment, however? I love these forums, but unfortunately sometimes,
    because we can’t see each other or hear each others voice, I may get it wrong.

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just meant that as we are below target, putting pressure on ourselves to push even lower seems – for want of a better word – silly. We have already achieved our goal and now we are seeking still more and stressing about it. Seems to me, we should maybe remember what we have achieved and just try to enjoy what we have for awhile.

Sorry, that sounds stodgy and a bit preachy doesn’t it? I know having that wriggle room is a nice feeling, but I’m not sure how healthy it is to be almost punishing ourselves for not having it. Does that make sense? Beginning to doubt myself now.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Please don’t doubt yourself, Sunny! Whatever works for you is a good thing.
    Stopping to “smell the roses” is always good advice. 🙂 I’m going to take
    it “onboard. Thanks

Allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey there SunnyB. I think it would be silly to fret I about getting more wiggle room but I think it is still worth aiming for it, in a relaxed and happy manner. Of course, this may be why it’s taking me so long! But as long as I stay below 63kg I won’t get stressed I don’t think. Am convinced 60kg will happen, just not sure when. Maybe when the cream runs out (January?!?!) Meanwhile I am very much enjoying the journey, though it smells more like wet dog than roses here at the mo.😂😂

Xxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, being in a similar position to yourself, I understand fully how you (mis)read Sunny’s post.

You and I have too much wriggle room, and we really are struggling not to lose any more. However, I think Sunny meant that, once we are at target, maybe we (general term we, not you and I) should be content and not be stressing about losing any more just to gain wriggle room? Correct me if I’m wrong, Sunny. As Jackie says, wriggle room is great, but not worth stressing over. As you and I both know, wriggle room is not necessarily all it’s cracked up to be.

Do hope I haven’t misread posts here? If I have, please ignore me xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies, I seem to have inadvertently nudged a hornets nest! I wasn’t intending any slight to those who have more wriggle room than they might like. You have it right Theodora, all I meant was for those of us who lose slowly and have struggled to get to target and then on top of that any kind of wriggle room, perhaps we should take the time to just enjoy the fact we hit our original goals and not stress all the time about losing still more.

It is definitely a comfort factor having some wriggle room, but maybe for those who find this hard won, we shouldn’t make it our life’s focus and take time to enjoy the fact we have achieved so much already. It’s a personal thing though and not intended as an attack on anyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sunny, PLEASE, no offense taken, I assure you 🙂 🙂 🙂 I freely stated that I
    may have misunderstood. I do occasionally get it wrong. Just looking for
    a better understanding of what you had to say. In fact, I agree with you!
    I’m having a more difficult time with maintenance than I ever did with weight
    loss. I knew what I had to do and just did it. This maintenance stuff has so
    many more variables to it. I’m trying so hard to have a more relaxed attitude
    about it. You can help me with this, and I hope that you will!

Love,
    Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sunny, I truly don’t think anyone took your comments as an attack – we are all too caring and supportive of each other for that. I understand exactly where you are coming from, when losses are hard won, one should be grateful for every pound lost and not stress about more.

Obviously Allie and I seem to be in a rather unique position, where our metabolism seems to have gone into overdrive and we are both struggling NOT to lose more weight.

But we know that no offence was meant, and certainly none was taken. We are all in this together and each of our experiences is valid and hopefully will be of some help to others who are not so far along in their BSD journeys.

This is such a caring forum that, despite only having the written word, I’m sure we all know that no comment is ever meant other than in a supportive way. So thank you. X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Theodora! 10 thumbs up, you’ve expressed exactly how I feel
    about this extraordinary forum and all of the exceptional, supportive people
    on it. It’s brought an otherwise unknown joy to my life, and I’m grateful
    to everyone here for adding a new dimension to my days. I’ve only been
    here for a little over 3 months, but I now can’t imagine my days without
    the laughter and the occasional tears that we share.

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.