After reaching your target, what next?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Theodora – so glad to hear your MOT put you in the all clear! Was feeling a bit worried for you! So I guess it really is just more calories! I love creamy drinks, that would definitely work for me 😄😄😄😄

I guess the only other thing would be building more muscle (am big fan of weight training) but I don’t suppose you are losing muscle at the moment given your fat % is going down (I think that was you?) and we are on a decent amount of protein with this WoE. inspired me to check mine last night, though I don’t trust our scales much in that regard but my first fat % in August was 45% and now it’s 31% which I am more than happy with as a downward trend even if exact % are wrong.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks for your concern Jackie, this forum is so caring. Yes, I think it’s just my metabolism gone into overdrive, which is a helluva lot better than going into starvation mode😉

As you say, my fat percentage is quite low these days (I’m pretty fit) at only about 22%. As it happens, I have just weighed myself and, having had a couple of glasses of wine and a few extra nuts/olives last evening, I’m registering a 1lb GAIN overnight 😀

Hope everyone else is doing okay?

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi JackieM

That drop in your body fat % is brilliant. Can I ask what you (and others, Theodora ?) think it is down to – is it the diet or more the weight training? I had a body scan a couple of weeks ago and my fat % was 46 – and that’s after I’ve lost a chunk of weight, which is a bit shocking.

I’ve just joined this 12 week exercise on referral programme. As part of it I’ve just started going to the gym. The trainer has set me a programme to do but I thought if there’s any particular exercises which people think are particularly helpful I could ask the trainer to incorporate them into my routine.

Any advice would be really appreciated. I’m a complete novice so think it would be good to try things out in the gym where the trainer can check I’m doing them right.
    Marie x

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi Marie123 – it is isn’t it and crept up on me as I normally get off scales before I see %. I’ve been weight training longer than I’ve been on BSD so I have to say I think it’s the diet. Also, it took a while to change, partly why I stopped checking.

I love weight training, it gets you out of breath without noticing! And compound exercises using your own body weight. My PT is an ex-gymnast and big into core work. I joke I’ve done so many squats and lunges I must be good enough to stop now! But they build up the big muscles in leg and bum which then keep on burning calories. I am in no way bulky, though, but I do feel very strong and centred.

Best of luck with it, I hope the PT suits you and you find out it’s something you love xx

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi JackieM

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Yes, I remember reading you had been working with a Personal Trainer for a while before BSD – wasn’t it the result of a back or shoulder problem, through rehab?

Ok so onward with the diet it is, then, which is fine as the ultimate goal is to control my blood sugars and this will be my woe long-term. I’ve still got approximately another 2 stone to lose so still time to reduce that body fat %. I plan to have another body scan (£5 at leisure centre) at the end of the 12 weeks – as you say, no point before – so will see then if there’s been any % change.

Given that exercise has been an alien concept to me I am actually enjoying the gym. Of course I know me and it’s very early to say about the long-term but enjoying something is half the battle.

Thanks again for responding and hope maintaining goes well for you.
    Cheers
    Marie x

• posted by JackieM
    on

Can’t stop thinking about Theodora and Alliecat and your continuing weight loss, especially given during the process it takes people a long time sometimes and lots of plateaus and stalling. I would love (as I am sure you would!) to know what is happening – do you think your muscles are now just so good at converting energy from fat you are in SuperDrive? I’d love to know at a biological level what was going on, it’s fascinating. Maybe MM would know?! Maybe you should drop him a line?! I love that our bodies are so responsive to change, after years of struggling and never getting anywhere, given the right ingredients.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Marie – I had 2stone to lose at the point I was 46% fat too! 5’3” height – is that like you?

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Thank you for the very warm welcome to this thread. I woke up this morning feeling really positive and have decided that now I am a healthy weight I am going to optimise my health with more good food. I had a glass of sparkling water with apple cider vinegar which wasn’t that pleasant. I’ve ordered some raw honey and some Ceylon Cinnamon from Amazon to enhance the flavour! I have got the clever guts book but not read it yet. However, I’ve just been to see my mother-in-law who reads the daily mail and I’ve just made a recipe from yesterday’s paper and I’ve eaten my first “bread” in 10 months. It is called “bread you can make in a mug”. It was delicious. It makes about 4 slices and I had two slices with cream cheese on it with salad leaves . Here is the recipe and you won’t believe how lovely it is and all BSD friendly.

2tsp coconut oil
    1 large egg
    2 tbsp ground almonds or ground walnuts
    3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
    Half tsp baking powder
    Generous pinch of salt

Microwave the coconut oil in a mug with straight sides for 20 to 30 seconds. Use the oil to grease the sides of the mug.

In a small bowl thoroughly mix together the egg, 2 tsp water, the nuts, ground flaxseeds, baking powder and salt.
    Pour the mixture into the mug. Stir the mixture with a fork to incorporate the coconut oil, making sure the top is level.

Microwave for one minute. If the bread still appears moist microwave for another 10-20 seconds. Avoid overlooking as this will make the texture rubbery. If it is still runny at the bottom put it back in for another 10-20 seconds. Allow to cool for a few minutes then cut into slices.

I had to share this with you as it was a revelation. It is 100 calories a slice but I haven’t worked out the carb content.

This is so quick and easy to make and a nice change.

Weight this morning was 132.2.

Let me know if you make it and what you think.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cathy

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Interesting reading on how many calories you are needing every day to keep from losing more weight Theodora — I have found that I seem to be in metabolism overdrive since I got to goal also — I can eat a lot of food and not see any gain if it is BSD-friendly and low carb and I probably average 2200-2500 per day.
    The only problem I have run into is that my stomach doesn’t like big meals anymore and if I eat a big amount at one time, my stomach actually hurts and it seems to take forever to get back to the point where I feel “empty” — I am not sure if it is physical or mental or both — but I consciously stop eating now to avoid that feeling, even with BSD-friendly foods.
    But the increased metabolism is amazing and I am also warm all the time and I sleep with less blankets (and I am post-menopause hot flashes, mostly at 62) ha ha
    So weight loss alone clearly does NOT lower your metabolism and people are being depressed for no reason thinking they will be a lifetime with restricted food intake — I think we lose a lot of people because they fear they will never eat again.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Great to see you here Cathy, and thanks for the “bread” recipe.. I may be trying that one soon, may be nice with a bit of cheese?

Jackie, I think it’s the reverse dieting that is responsible – it apparently teaches the metabolism to “readapt” to more calories. There is loads of info on google, and I think most of the science behind it is anecdotal rather than scientifically proven, but it seems to be working for me – you can have a read here to start with (it’s just one of the first that popped up just now when I googled)

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-ultimate-guide-to-reverse-dieting.html

Marie, as far as body fat percentage is concerned, I think it is the diet, although obviously the exercise helps to build muscle. I have always been reasonably fit, even when overweight, and I started with a body fat percentage of 33.6. It has been slowly declining since I started the diet – when I reached maintenance way back in early May it had reduced to 24.7 and has continued to drop slowly over the past 6 months, and is now 22.3. I assume your leisure centre “body scan” is a bodytrax? If so, £5 is a bargain – I have to pay double that!!

• posted by JackieM
    on

Thanks Theodora, it’s fascinating – whole new world and so different from standard diet advice!

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Jackie and Theodora

Theodora – Thanks for confirming you believe it’s the diet. The print-out from the scan is titled Inbody Data Management System – I assume the one you use and this one do a similar analysis. Maybe yours provides more detail but if not, I’m always happy to hear I’m getting a bargain!

Jackie – yes, that is exactly like me – 2 stone to lose – 46% fat and I’m 5ft 2ins. So yes, it’s doable isn’t it.That’s a really good thought for me. Brilliant.

Thanks both.
    Marie x

• posted by Sue Sheehy
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve been reading but not posting for a while as I try to sort out what’s happening for me. It’s wonderful to hear all the success stories, full of hope and eventual ‘normality’, but sadly I’m not there yet and am finding maintenance a scary tightrope walk with frequent discouragements!
    I decided I was at “maintenance”, even though I’m still classed as overweight, because I think I had little hope of losing much more and it had become so slow. Over the past 11 months I’ve shed 30kgs = 66lbs = 4 stone 10lb, feel so much better, and I do enjoy this way of eating, I can’t say I feel deprived as such but I’m really over the constant vigilance! Seems if I have just a relatively normal day – not crazy on carbs – the scales head north again.
    I think Californiagirl’s comment “people are being depressed for no reason thinking they will be a lifetime with restricted food intake — I think we lose a lot of people because they fear they will never eat again.” is very true….certainly struck a chord with me when I read it!
    I’m not going to give up….I’ve achieved too much and am too scared to quit anyway. But right now there’s not much joy in it. Sorry for the ‘downer’, I know this is meant to be an encouraging place…..
    My guess is that in order to experience being able to eat more normally (not carbs, just Mediterranean-style) I’m going to have to lose a lot more, and get out of all ‘overweight’ categories. Maybe another year of vigilance…..which right now sounds like Mt. Everest! I’m also concerned that if I lose much more I’ll start to look really haggard, with way too much skin?!
    Anyhow….it does feel better to be able to share all that, and I am profoundly impressed and excited for those who have seen this through to places you never thought you’d be. What a bunch of heroes!
    All the best from Western Australia,
    Sue

• posted by Theodora
    on

California Girl, sorry, somehow I missed your post above, but now that I’ve read it, I feel as though the words are coming out of my mouth! It’s really encouraging to hear that your metabolism, like Allie’s and mine, seems to have gone into overdrive.

Just like you, I feel uncomfortably full really easily so I’m in no danger of over-eating. I too sleep (or in fact don’t sleep ) with only a sheet for cover, because I am so hot. In fact, most nights, being hot is what keeps me from sleeping! Heading into winter here and last night I even had to throw the sheet off.

I really do think this WOE is doable for life. I seriously rarely feel hungry (that’s not to say I don’t get the munchies sometimes, but that is definitely only “mouth” hunger and easily overcome) and as long as we stay off the refined carbs which, let’s face it, still gives us an enormous array of eating choices, we’ll all be fine.

Though how on earth you manage between 2200 and 2500 cals a day is beyond me! I’m really struggling to consume between 1500 and 1700 without feeling uncomfortably full.

on

Hi SueSheehy

It made me feel sad to read your post because you seem to be so hard on yourself. You’ve lost an incredible amount of weight and should be so proud of your wonderful achievement in a relatively short time. We must have started about the same time. I do appreciate that the constant vigilance can be tiresome but the alternative is not worth considering when you’ve come such a long way. It has been hard for me to lose my weight, well not hard, but slow and at times I felt like you. Why don’t you consider joining the monthly challenge thread and break up your loss into monthly, doable chunks rather than look at the long term goal which I appreciate is like climbing Mount Everest. . There are some lovely people on the monthly challenge and it makes it fun and a little easier if you give yourself a monthly goal. At times I only lost 1lb a month but I enjoyed being part of the group and the encouragement really does help. I have no doubt that if you keep on plodding on you too will see it through to a place you think you can never be. I was one of those people Sue. Good luck with your onward journey, you’re in the best place for advice and support.

Cathy

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SueSheehy – CCathy is so right, you have made a huge difference and should be proud of your achievement. She is also right about making the quest for any further weight loss feel less daunting, by breaking it up into chunks and joining the four week challenges is a great way to do that with support and encouragement. It’s good to set some mini-goals along the way, to give a sense of achievement when they’re realised and to also acknowledge the non-scales successes – having the buy smaller clothes or getting into things you had to previously sideline, being able to exercise more, lowered blood pressure, etc., etc.

Returning completely to our old pattern of eating can only have one result, so we all need a new ‘normal’ to be able to maintain our slimmer selves. That’s doesn’t have to be a negative thing because we can allow ourselves some latitude, but we really shouldn’t expect to consume carbs in the way we used to do.

Finally, I really hope you stick with it and join us on the four week challenges – hope to see you there

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

SueSheehy – what a tremendous achievement – 4st 10lb lost. Really good advice from Clarinetcathy and SunnyB.

I did several stints on maintenance during my weight loss journey and I think that it did help me when I got to true maintenance because by then I had quite a good idea of what I needed to do to maintain my weight.

Hope it is much warmer in Western Australia than it is here in the UK. We walked along the North Norfolk coastal path around Cley and it was so windy that we almost got blown off the path into the saltmarshes.

Luckily we found a wonderful cafe at Cley called Artemis before the heavens opened – we even had hail stones. Lovely food and really dog friendly. They made me a perfect BSD meal.

• posted by Theodora
    on

SueSheehy, I can only echo what those above have already said. Your achievement to date is amazing, and you should be congratulated. You must be very proud of yourself (if not, you definitely SHOULD be) for having come this far and made such a difference to your health already. Just keep plodding on, and you will get there, though I know it can seem daunting at times – in the meantime, hoping to see you over on the current “challenge” thread, Remember, Remember….”

Krysia, been bitterly cold and windy here too, but we also had a lovely walk (2 actually) but fortunately no rain. How fantastic that you found a good care which was not only dog-friendly but low-carb friendly too!

As a footnote, I am pleased to say I have held onto that pound I gained yesterday, so maybe, just maybe my body is beginning to adapt. Will be away until Thursday, with no weighing facilities, and may not be able to post either, not sure what the internet situation is like where we are going (exceedingly rural Dorset). But I will be back……………😜

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theadora – the chef actually came out of the kitchen to check that the changes he was making to my meal were low carb enough. They were so friendly and the whole place was so clean. We will definitely go there again.

Hope you have a lovely break in rural Dorset.

• posted by Sue Sheehy
    on

CCathy, SunnyB, KrysiaD and Theodora….thank you so, SO much for your care and encouragement!

Although it’s a wonderful place to live, Perth is one of the most isolated cities in the world – thanks for being such a great ‘community’ from all around the planet.

I had a day out on my own yesterday and got my head straight again. I’m in. Whatever it takes!

Where exactly is the thread for the monthly challenges? I had a look but couldn’t find anything current…..

Wherever you are, have a restful day/night!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Sue (Sheehy), it’s really nice to see you here! Like you, I’m finding
    maintenance a somewhat daunting challenge. Losing 146lbs. was
    pretty straight forward compared to this. I haven’t regained any
    weight, and am inside a healthy BMI by 21 lbs and below my target
    by 12 lbs. Like Theodora, my challenge is not to lose any more.
    You have accomplished so much since Jan., 66 lbs is fantastic.
    I know that it is easy to reach a point where weighing and measuring
    every last living thing can become tedious. Some of us now don’t,
    but we all keep a watchful eye on the carbs. We can figure this
    out together, and the suggestions here are wonderful. I think
    joining a thread is very good advice, you will begin to chat with
    a group of people that you will get to know and soon come to
    think of as friends. I’m looking forward to following your progress
    here and on other threads. Welcome ! 🙂

Best wishes,

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Sue, really pleased that you’ve got your head straight again and are back on track.

Our current 4 week challenge thread is called “Remember remember, low carbs for November: a 4 week challenge ending on 28th November”. Obviously we are half way into it now, but you’d receive a warm welcome nevertheless – never too late to state your short term goals and get support and encouragement to achieve them.

Towards the end of the challenge, a call will go out about starting a new one for December, so we always tend to have one on the go to keep us all motivated. So please do join (current one and the next) and let us cheer you on. 😄

• posted by Sue Sheehy
    on

Allie….you legend! Thanks heaps for cheering me on….you have done what I’m dreaming of, pretty much. Amazing to realise it’s actually possible and can be maintained. I’m definitely heading over to the challenge thread.
    Cheers : )

• posted by Sue Sheehy
    on

Thanks Theodora….see you on that thread!

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

Hello, I reached my goal a week ago having lost somewhere over 100 lbs in the last year and haven’t even bounced back over it this week so I am properly into maintenance :)) I can’t quite believe what I have done. I smile whenever I catch sight of my reflection but I feel so very much younger that I am surprised by how old I look! I feel like a teenager! But more confident.
    My BMI is now 22.5 happily in the middle of the healthy range satisfying my liking for symmetry but I won’t mind if it goes a bit lower but I am not trying any more. I am doing two fast days a week and following a short eat window but because I feel better while fasting not for weight loss. I am busy all day and into the evening on those two days and I need the extra energy fasting gives me to keep going. I also had fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and am convinced those are exacerbated by activity while digesting food. I haven’t had any symptoms for ages and I don’t want to. I now never eat until I can sit and digest my food without doing anything else. Although lately I seem to be able to get away with having a piece of fruit during the afternoon. I have been craving fruit this month having never previously liked it much. And salad. Especially celery with peanut butter. I used to HATE celery. My tastes have definitely changed although I always liked bitter and have only ever drunk coffee black.

I am a vegetarian reluctantly becoming vegan again as dairy inflames the arthritis in my hands and common sense dictates that I need to give it up. I have never worried about carbs from vegetables or legumes and don’t intend to start now. I have even had a few roast potatoes this month, but as other veg is much nicer it isn’t likely to become a habit.

It is nice to find this dedicated thread just as I need it. I know maintenance is likely to be just as challenging as losing the weight was.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

WAY TO GO, Fatrabbit – although that should be Slimrabbit now!!!!

Well done on achieving you target weight. Sounds like you have made a great start at maintenance and have lots of good reasons for not letting things slide. Hopefully you will be posting on this thread to keep us up to speed on your progress.

Here’s to the new you – congratulations!!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Absolutely AWESOME Fatrabbit! We can call you Fastrabbit now — that is an amazing achievement. I know how hard it can be and how focused you have to be to get there — huge congratulations!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, fatrabbit! What a wonderful accomplishment. There are a lot
    of us maintainers, so I know this thread will be beneficial to you!
    I can really relate to the challenges imposed on you by fibro and
    CFS. I’ve reversed CFS and reduced Fibro by 50%. My 146lb. loss
    is wonderful, but it’s the reclaiming of my disabled life that is far
    and away the prize.
    I look forward to hearing your maintenance strategies! Congratulations
    on becoming a member of the 100 Club. Awesome!

Allie

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

Thanks for the welcome :))

Very interesting to hear of someone else reversing CF and improving fibro Alliecat. Do you think that was about diet? I also had a lot of success with distraction for the fibro pain. I took to listening to music constantly and focusing my attention off my body. That helped me ignore hunger when fasting too. Then one day when I ran down the stairs in my new slim body and I realised that I didn’t hurt any more. And I no longer dream that I am being tortured at night. I really think the fibro may be gone, as long as I am careful about what and when I eat.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Fatrabbit – well done – although I think you may need to change your name now.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

It is so awsome to hear of so many folks who have lost 100lb+ on the BSD. Just amazing. On most weight loss sites its only the gastric bypass folks that have lost that must.

Congratulations to you Fatrabbit. KrysiaD is right…..you may have to re-register as MuchThinnerRabbit. Also so great to hear your fibro may be gone. What a relief that must be. Please stay in touch with the forums so we can share the rest of your journey. We need inspiration achievers like you.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Luvtcook – what a good idea – MuchThinnerRabit instead of Fatrabbit

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m so happy to see so many participating on this thread! It really
    lifts my already high spirits, being able to share the maintenance
    journey with others who have already grasped the gold ring, as
    well as those you have it in their sites. Luvtcook has just reminded
    me of an experience I had recently. I know that I have shared it
    already on the “new life choices..” thread, but for those of you
    who may have missed it and don’t read that one, I’ll repeat it.
    I’m required to see my medical dr. every 4 months because he
    manages my medications. I was in his office recently for a routine
    exam, and there was a new nurse. She escorted me into the
    examination room and opened her laptop to review medications
    and history. After she weighed me and took my b.p. she excused
    herself, returning to quiz me about my address and phone number.
    She thought she had the wrong chart and wanted to double
    check that she had the right one. Next came this question –
    “I don’t see the date or the hospital record of your bariatric
    surgery. When was it?” When I told that I hadn’t had any surgical
    procedures, her eyes got wide, her jaw hung open, and she said
    “I haven’t ever heard of anyone losing 146 lbs. without bypass
    surgery!” I laughed all the way out to the car. I don’t think I
    had any real concept of what I had accomplished until this moment.
    All things are possible with the BSD. Have any of you had like
    experiences?

on

Fatrabbit- what an achievement! Many congratulations on your amazing weight loss. I don’t know where you’ve been hiding within the BSD community because I don’t seem to have met you over the months I’ve been posting- we were probably ships crossing in the night. As a fellow vegetarian I applaud you! To get your BMI so low too! I am happy that I achieved 25 but you may have inspired me to maybe aim a little lower perhaps after Christmas when I hopefully have cracked the beginnings of maintenance! I don’t know where you’ve been hiding but I am so pleased that you’ve joined this thread like me as a newbie at goal weight. Looking forward to getting to know you.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sorry, all, I think that was suppose to be the “brass ring” ! 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Sue Sheehy – did you find the challenge thread? This month’s title begins ‘Remember, Remember ….’. Everyone is welcome and it doesn’t matter if you are ‘late to the party’, just join in if you wish.

The community on the forum is unfailingly supportive and encouraging and has got many of us to our end goal – I certainly wouldn’t have persisted through the rough patches, without the forum to vent to when things got tough. Hope you will be doing the same.

I’m pleased that you are feeling more positive again and hope you are in a place where you can really take control and push ahead, regardless of whether you decide you are going to maintain or try for a further loss. Best of luck to you.

• posted by Theodora
    on

As you may remember, I actually managed to gain a pound or two (was getting far too low) and I’m pleased to say I have more or less managed to hang on to that small gain, we got home at lunchtime from 4 days staying with our friends and I am pleased to say that I have returned only 0.25lbs lighter than I went. So I am still 1.75lbs up on my lowest weight. Hip hip hooray!!

The fact that I didn’t gain anything, however, reinforces the theory of my increased metabolism, as I ate and drank a fair bit, and had my first piece of cake this YEAR!!! Coffee and walnut (made by one of the other guests) and it was delicious, but I wouldn’t want to eat it very often. Other than that, I more or less followed BSD principles, just rather a lot of it! And, as we’d left the dogs with a sitter, I was not walking my usual 8 – 10 miles a day – in fact spent an inordinate amount of time sitting on my backside in front of a roaring fire, glass in hand, catching up with old friends.

Waiting to see what the scales say in the morning after a day of eating and drinking more judiciously again. Hopefully, they won’t be down, but wouldn’t surprise me if they are😭

Have you stabilised yet, Allie?

• posted by alliecat
    on

theodora, your time away with friends in front of a burning fire, glass
    in hand, sounds heavenly. What could possibly be more enjoyable
    than that? I remember reading over the summer about “Hotel
    Theodora” and thinking to myself what a marvelous life you must
    lead. Best to not ever divulge your location however. You might
    be overwhelmed by BSDers who find it as tempting as I do:)
    Holding on to1.75lb is progress! I haven’t stabilized yet. Down
    another lb. this week. I took a look at my weight diary over the
    past 6 1/2 months and I seem to be consistently dropping 2 lbs.
    a month. If I’ve done the calculations correctly, I need to add 250
    calories a day to stop this foolishness. More fat, here I come!
    Good to have you back,

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad that you had a great time ways and are happier about where your weight is, Theodora. Hope you manage to consolidate the gain and get to a level you are happy with.

I’m still looking to earn back my wriggle room, somehow it’s proving tougher than I’d hoped, but on the upside I haven’t gone above my target weight at all, which is a bonus. I’m back on a strict 800/20 ratio from today and hope that it will give me back those few pounds wriggle room fairly quickly.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Allie – yes Hotel Theodora was a bit of a marathon 😨 Particularly whilst practising BSD. It’s an annual summer hazard for us, however, living by the water on, IMO, one of the most beautiful estuaries in the world (taking your advice and not saying which one😉). At least this time I was a guest, not a host 😜 And very rarely does a day go by when I don’t appreciate how lucky I am.😀

At 2lbs a month, you’ll be disappearing before our very eyes😱 Maybe, like me, you need to turn to drink😉

Sunny, thank you. I’ll be happy if I can consolidate my small gain, even if I don’t gain any more. I’m quite happy at this weight and feel so well, but REALLY don’t want to drop any lower. I’d like my new “norm” to be around 8st (112lbs ), which is still 7lbs below target.

I’m sure you’ll regain your wriggle room again soon and well done on not exceeding your goal weight. Whoever said maintenance was easy?!!

• posted by Theodora
    on

As I said above, maintenance not easy. A pound down this morning again😢 So now only managed to hold onto 0.75 lbs of my much needed gain😢 Hey Ho – back to the drawing board!

• posted by alliecat
    on

‘Morning, everyone!

Theodora, with respect to wine, what gives you the impression that I haven’t
    turned to it? 🙂 🙂 🙂 Haha – Certainly trying to not make it a daily habit, though!
    Tomorrow is weigh day for me. I approach the scale with trepidation now…
    How utterly crazy is that ????

• posted by Theodora
    on

It is crazy, Allie, but I know exactly what you mean😩

Haha on the alcohol front – and there’s me thinking my maintenance buddy was Miss Goody Twoshoes 😉😜 and putting me to shame😛

Now I know that’s not the case (though you haven’t actually admitted you’ve turned to drink!) shall we raise a glass (or 2) to each other’s hoped for weight stabilisation? 😉

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yes, Theo! I’m an essentially a social creature, so I will imagine us sitting
    outside on a warm summer’s day at your Hospitality Hotel, lazing about
    in the sun, laughing ourselves silly, with a nice bottle of red in front of us.
    Perhaps a few BSD friendly snacks (weighed and measured, of course) to
    keep us company? Yes, I like the sound of that! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by JackieM
    on

I want a biscuit!!!!!

Why do I I haven’t had one for 4 months. I haven’t had anything carby, I am not hungry I’ve just had loads of heavily seasoned (salt and pepper) butter fried chicken and rocket salad (yum!)

I don’t even want a sweet thing, I just had my chocolate quota and it wasn’t all that. I think I’m just wanting something that feels like a treat. And there’s my daughters home made ginger biscuits sitting there. Aaaaaaargh.

Clearly I am not going to have the flipping biscuits. Just bamboozled by craving – haven’t craved anything for ages! Maybe it’s the time of month on its way …. I’ll go and tidy the linen cupboard instead 🙁

• posted by alliecat
    on

Jackie, do you think it’s just because you know the biscuits are THERE?
    How about locking them in the trunk of your car today? 🙂 🙂 🙂 ’til the craving
    passes….Some days things just sing to us – we have to get them out of the house!
    Be strong, for all of us!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Jackie, I think Allie is right – it’s because they are THERE. Get rid of them, get the kids to eat them, feed them to the dog, whatever, just don’t eat them! Have a glass of water instead😝

Allie, I’m liking the sound of that, too. I’m sure we would be great pals (but may lead each other astray, somewhat😜) in the flesh as well as in the ether, given the chance. I don’t need much excuse to open a bottle and have a giggle with friends! We are exceedingly lucky inasmuch as we have a summer house and a winter house, so atm you can imagine yourself snuggled up in my winter sitting room, in front of my log fire, glass in hand, bsd measured snacks to your left, rest of bottle to your right, just so you don’t have to wait until Hotel Theodora opens it’s doors again next summer😋

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, yes Theo, I’m all in. No time like the present! I’ll be arriving with a
    good vintage of Chateau Margaux, one of my favorites 🙂

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hi all, no, they are always there – this batch has been there since last Saturday. She bakes all the time, this is the first time I’ve been tempted. Why? Who knows, maybe being a healthy weight makes it harder to remember why we do what we do.

Luckily I wrote to you guys instead, then cleaned out the linen cupboard and got rid of all the yellow pillowcases ready for Christmas. The moment has passed! I am going to have to find a better way of treating myself, although I do like buying new bed linen so there’s a treat to come … unless anyone knows a good way to get those whites sparkling again?! Maybe a pumice stone – that would certainly take up any spare time … (this is definitely a JOKE, I am not a great fan of housekeeping.)

Meanwhile, I am sure I bought Xmas duvet covers last year but can I find them? I can not!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Allie, if you are bringing a bottle of Chateau Margaux you’re definitely on!😋 We’ll do this weight stabilisation thing together.

Jackie, well done on resisting the biscuits, and glad the moment has passed. I have a feeling we would be mates too – not a great fan of housekeeping myself, though sadly it is a necessity! And I am thinking of treating myself to new bed linen too! If I was a billionaire, the first luxury I would DEFINITELY install into my life, is clean, freshly ironed sheets every single day, (obviously changed by someone else) – what luxury 😍 And gorgeous, brand new, sparkling white bed linen at least once a year! Sigh…….

Please log in or register to post a reply.