8 week Fast 800 'reboot' starting 2 January 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hi Tillybud.
    I also have PMR and am back on 5 mgs of the horrible steroids again. I lost three stone over the past 18 months whilst upping and downing the dose. I stopped having breakfast last October as I was briefly off the drugs but now I take my 5 mgs after lunch without any bad effects.
    Fortunately I don’t seem to get the terrible steroid hunger like many do and find that eating very low carb keeps
    the hunger away.
    (However, now I confess that all my good intentions flew out of the window over the last two weeks whilst away and when we get home next week, I know I will have to reboot to get rid of the excesses!)
    Sorry to waffle on but PMR is an awful condition and let’s hope we can rid ourselves of some of the inflammatory symptoms by eating BSD WOL. Good luck.
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Laska – that’s a name I remember! I’d like to say it’s good to have you back, but that’s a little mean perhaps, given the reason you have posted on this thread. Always nice to see old names popping up though. Hope you will succeed in your goal and be reporting some good results soon – best of luck to you.

• posted by Peppar
    on

I’m starting the 800 today. Need to get my blood sugar level down. GP classes me as pre diabetic. Am overweight and heading towards 60 so need to get myself sorted. Gonna be hard but am determined to not become diabetic.

• posted by Laska
    on

Sunny i recognised you too! I just really did need to admit it.. a bit hard to do when you were one of the early success stories on thos WOE ! But it feels like diing this means putting a stop to it all.
    Was a real shock when i got onthe scales earlier after avoiding them for so long.. but i has to admit over the holiday that i nowseem to be struggling a bit even with my ‘big’ clothes.. especially as i had things to go to which meant i had to look nice..( and not to mention all the lovely smaller clothes i had bought and now have packed away. .)). i want to wear them again!! .

Under 10.10 by Easter would be really good.. I am planning on retiring then… )

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I love that this reboot has such a diverse mixture of new BSDers, experienced ones, people who need to brush up a little and people who need to brush up a little more than a little. We’re all here to support each other whatever stage we’re at, so it’s great to have a wide variety.

Laska, I’m sure you know this, but I’m going to state it for the record because sometimes we need to hear things declared to really absorb and believe them. What you did by coming back under your original handle and baldly addressing the issues that have cropped up since you left was brave and powerful. There should be no shame in that ever, because confronting a painful truth is a necessary part of the process to get your focus and determination back. Embrace the strength that you’ve just shown and look to the present and future, not the past. You know how to do this and will do it again.

Good luck!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Laska – as Esnecca says, it took real courage to come back under your original name and own your current situation. I’m confident you are going to do just fine and having taken ownership of your increase in weight, will soon be reporting positive results and reaping the benefits of taking back control.

Personally even when in maintenance – bar being away from home – I have weighed myself daily, so that any blip upwards can be addressed swiftly. If I’m away from home, I elect a fitted garment to act as an indicator for any gain and also take my keto sticks to help me gauge what’s going on. Weight fluctuates from one day to the next for all of us, but I’m keen not to get to a stage where the scales are creeping up unchecked. I have not kept my large clothes, other than one pair of jeans and two dresses one size larger than I currently wear, so I really do need to stay sensible.

We’re all here to support each other, no matter the reason for our being here. Looking forward to reading everyone’s reports.

• posted by zolou
    on

What I’ve noticed is that when you dive in again, you can more easily get back into the groove of the old healthy habits, so it gets a bit easier each time – it’s that neuroplasticity thing. So not at all surprising if we need a few runs at this. Each time we’re reinforcing those healthy habits a bit more.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Good Afternoon and a Happy New Year to all.

After a very (stupidly) busy six months at the end of last year, I’m still plodding along in maintenance, although with a few too many lapses which means I have been losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over again, but still 111lbs down on starting weight 18 months ago . I had my HBA1c blood test on 27/12 (who picks these dates?) and am waiting for the results. So I thought now would be a good time to get back into the old discipline, so if I have to do something about it I will be prepared.

Hopefully Zolou’s experience will work for me.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Good Afternoon and a Happy New Year to all.

After a very (stupidly) busy six months at the end of last year, I’m still plodding along in maintenance, although with a few too many lapses which means I have been losing and gaining the same few pounds over and over again, but still 111lbs down on starting weight 18 months ago . I had my HBA1c blood test on 27/12 (who picks these dates?) and am waiting for the results. So I thought now would be a good time to get back into the old discipline, so if I have to do something about it I will be prepared.

Hopefully Zolou’s experience will work for me.

• posted by zolou
    on

That’s fantastic, JulesMaigret. They say you’re always practicing something so you might as well practice the good stuff – you must have been doing lots of that. Good luck with the blood test and please let us know how it goes 🙂

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

JulesMaigret – great to hear from you – especially as you have done so well on maintenance. Even more impressive as you have had such a hectic 6 months.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi JM and Happy New Year to you to. Sounds like you are still doing really well maintaining. I would be really surprised if your HbA1c has risen given that your have kept the weight off. Keep us in the loop anyway.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Krysia Happy New Year to you also. Hope 2018 is as good for maintaining for you as 2017 was.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone. I am rebooting today too along with some old friends and new friends. Good to read everyone’s reasons for the reboot. I have gained a couple of pounds over the festive period and feel that I need to refocus before I become complacent. I have got rid of all my big clothes as there is no going back for me. It took me the best part of last year to achieve my goal weight and I know only too easily what happens when we don’t keep strong and disciplined. I am back to basics from today. Had yoghurt and raspberries for my breakfast which I usually skip but post Christmas and being first day back at work and jet lagged thought I’d give myself a good start to the day. Had eggs for lunch on some almond and flax seed home made microwave “bread” I made last night and for my evening meal it is going to be a quorn fillet with mushrooms and broccoli. I am going to get last years food diary out to compare how I get on in the first few weeks. I haven’t got a lot to lose but I do need to lose a few pound and mainly refocus. My son gets married in June and I need to get to and stay at goal weight.

Good luck everyone. This way of eating has changed lives. It’s one of the easiest ways to lose weight initially as the weight really does come off quickly in the first few weeks, As some of you know, my weight came off slowly but my advice to anyone doing BSD is to keep plodding on and it will happen and when you get to goal weight it really doesn’t matter how long it took you!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi JM, welcome back. Are you still playing Rugby?, the 100 clubhouse has been a little quiet lately, although we do have some new members, and Laska a very warm welcome as well, plenty of names from the past dropping back in for this one. Laska, just to echo what others have said, well done for coming back under the same account, we are all human, it can take a while to get a change like this embedded, and your description of turning away from the scales and being shocked when you got back on them is very familiar to me from other diets, in my yo-yo years. This way of eating is different, but it may take a couple of goes to embed those new habits.

Good luck in your reboots everyone, no matter what stage you are at.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh no. I’ve just lost a lengthy post. Disappeared into the ether! I’ll have to gather my thoughts again.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi SunnyB. I might try taking my drugs after lunch. I’d never even thought of that. Maybe because I’m usually pretty stiff and sore first thing. I reduced and got off steroids by August this year as Dr wanted to see me ‘in the raw’ so to speak as he thought it was rheumatoid arthritis. However after more blood tests I had to go back on 10mg from October. The last few months have been awful. I could hardly function. My head was fine, but from the neck down the only place that didn’t hurt or wasn’t stiff were my fingernails and toenails. Now back on 10 I’m fine. I feel like I’m living again. Have to reduce monthly but not sure how low I can go, again. Still, having lost 2 stone must be beneficial. Not carrying that weight around can only be good.

The half stone I have to lose just takes me to where I already thought I was before I got the new scales! How are your new scales Kazz? Did you get them today and have you tried them yet? Hope they’re as accurate as they should be! KOKO.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – happy new year to you also. Hope you also have a wonderful 2018.

I have had a massive clear out of the office today and I feel really good and full of energy to start work tomorrow. it’s amazing just how good it feels to get rid of clutter.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Congrats LittleLisa. You’ve done really well. I’m rebooting too. Like the low carb lifestyle but went off plan late part of 2017. I’m up about one stone. First aim is to lose 7lbs and go from there. Thanks everyone for the posts

• posted by alliecat
    on

Krysia, it’s great that you had a productive day! Not only do I appreciate getting
    rid of excessive physical clutter from my life, but also the emotional clutter
    of negative and/or toxic people and situations that have no positive contribution
    to make in a life focused on gratitude. Easier said than done, sometimes, but
    always a work in progress just the same 🙂 Best wishes for a joyful, happy
    and healthy new year! I hope that your husband remains well, too!

Allie

• posted by Laska
    on

Thanks Mix, Esnecca and Sunny for your encouraging words . No more whys and wherefores from me Im definately going to do this !
    so today I had the chicken for lunch , a large bowl of my Borscht and 4 small slices of roast pork that I had already made. . the borscht does have beetroot and carrot in , but the whole recipe is 600 cals for 6 servings .. However MFP tells me I am on 30g carbs ..I should aim for 20g are we saying ?

What about fat and protein?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Anything below 50g carbs should be enough to enter ketosis, although some people struggle to burn the fat significantly unless they take it even lower. I aimed for 40g and usually made it, but that allowed me more room for my favourite veg.

• posted by LittleLisa
    on

Hi. Just wanted to thank everyone for all of these helpful tips and advice. Today I have managed to download the fatsecret app and log my food successfully… amazed to have finished day 1 on 830 cals and 38g of carbs. I even linked it to my fitbit!!! However I have been in bed since 8.30pm so I don’t give in to the temptation of that last slice of xmas cake. Back to work tomorrow and got to face a buffet… I am taking celery and Hummous …but not sure I will have the willpower to resist!!!

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve lost 0.5kg already in the first 48 hours of 2018 so I’m happy with that! Especially considering it’s that time of the month, and I had a little chocolate binge yesterday evening. I have no energy so I’m hoping that changes soon. My husband is one of those who believes exercise cures all ills, he is confused why I would sit watching TV when I want to lose weight but it’s really hard to muster the energy for more. I did go for a walk yesterday. It’s also very hot here, supposed to be 40C next Sunday, lucky we have a pool! Sleeping badly.

Do you ever feel like dieting is your full time job? Planning BSD friendly meals, counting calories and carbs, holding out till the next meal, can I afford to eat a snack, always thinking about food…

• posted by Antigone
    on

I’m in. I joined an 8 week group in October but failed to get to the end. I am ready to start over but there are still many tempting things left over from christmas :{ Good to see some old friends on this thread –

• posted by Flick
    on

Hello everyone, it’s terrific to see so many people all fired up ready to make a big investment in their health and wellbeing. Well done. I’m not on this thread as I’m just finishing Week 8 but will be starting a second round in next week. I did though want to barge in to say..

Hey Natalie, No, I feel my full time job is tidying cupboards!

It’s tough if the people around you don’t really agree with the approach you are taking and especially hard when you have low energy from lack of sleep or other worries. I can see my younger daughter (slim, fit, incredibly active) has a bit of trouble understanding what it is taking for me to budge this weight. She’s OK at the moment but I know she will get a antsy (out of caring deeply for me) the minute she thinks enough weight has been shed, or I start to show signs of strain. Be as kind to yourself as you can, the approach you are taking is working well for you – half a kilo is excellent.

I try not to have those conversations with myself, or, have them in full. “No dear body, we are not having snacks for the foreseeable future. I am transforming you into something even better!”. I perfected this technique when I was trying desperately to get fit enough to hike the Tasmanian Overland Track with said slim, fit daughter and her partner. At my heaviest and least fit, despite the trip looming, I could easily talk myself out of every training walk if I gave those thoughts free reign. As it was I completed the walk, still massively overweight but fit enough to enjoy most of it.

So, chin up and enjoy the perfect pool weather.

• posted by JulesP
    on

Signing in to the 800 Reboot, though I’m also on the 4 week one – can’t have enough challenges to keep you focused! I hit 10 stone on 2/1/18 for the first time in donkey’s years and just realised that puts me in the healthy BMI range, great start to the new year. Goal for the 8 weeks is to be 9st 7lbs, continuing with 800 cals, max 20 carbs, mainly one meal a day to maximise the benefits of intermittent fasting, gym classes 3-4 times per week. So looking forward to seeing 9 something on the scales. Have a happy and healthy new year everyone!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Natalie, had to laugh at your description of this being like a full-time job, that’s exactly what it’s like!! I’ve realised when I do succumb to some carbs it’s usually when my brain just wants a break from working everything out!I
    Congrats on your loss, a great way to start the new year!
    I lost about 2kg pretty quickly just before the new year but must have been water weight as it’s a slog now to lose any more than .1 of a kilo a day! Still, at least it’s going down!
    Will join this thread now to knuckle down properly, had just visitors staying who couldn’t go out without returning with boxes of cakes, pastries, pies etc but I managed to avoid it all and am proud to say I wasn’t even tempted which is a huge breakthrough! I did dart into the pantry a few times for some placatory peanut butter though!

• posted by zolou
    on

Wow Inka, you did amazing to resist those pastries! You’ve set yourself up with a great experience of your own strength to draw on in the future when temptation comes around.

Beginning of day 6 for me and I’ve ditched half a stone 🙂 🙂

I’m actually finding that without the distraction of all the snacking, and with all this strange energy (think my body is saying YES! THIS!), I’ve got more time for stuff.

I wouldn’t exactly say I’m not hungry, but it’s not bothering me at all, I’m so content on this diet at the moment.

• posted by Jax51
    on

Flick please send your ‘tidying cupboards’ habit my way 😃 Natalie well done not giving in to those cakes etc👏…I managed day1 without feeling the need for sugar at all then had a snooze around 8pm & woke with my automatic response to tiredness & ate an apple…..only to discover 22 carbs in it? My calories for yesterday were just under 800 but 91g carbs🧐…can I subtract the 15g of fibre from that?
    How on earth do you guys get it under 50?
    Is there anywhere I can get a list of the low carb foods I should be choosing please?

Lisa, come back & tell us how you got on with the celery & hummus….thinking of you 💪
    Fab result Zolou & congratulations on the 10 milestone Jules gosh I haven’t been there for about 18;years…it’s my ultimate goal to get within normal bmi range ( 10st 7) and I’m giving myself this year to achieve it.. wow is that what it takes? 1 meal a day and 20 carbs….what do you eat?

• posted by Verano
    on

Jax51 take a look at the Diet Doctor website where you will find great information on low carb foods.

• posted by Jax51
    on

Thank you for the diet doctor & fat secret advice Verano, I will have a good look today & suss out the problem areas… reckon this is where I’ve been going wrong previously. Diolch

• posted by TrishaDawn
    on

Hi, I’ve been off track over the Christmas break and am ready to start again. I had lost over 10 kilos and my doctor had cut my diabetic medication from two Metformin a day to only one and a half and she’s said I may be able to cut back even more if I keep it up. I’ll be starting back to the basics from tomorrow on.

Good luck to everyone. It really does work.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Just popping in here to say Hello to JulesMaigret. Nice to see you on the site again JM, wishing you well with your results.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Just popping in here to say Hello to JulesMaigret. Great to see you back on the site, JM, wishing you well with your results.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Morning everyone, starting as I mean to go on with 30 mins exercise DVD and smoothie (homemade) for breakfast. Lost 1lb already but not going to do my usual and think I can relax when the weekend arrives. Hubby doing dry January so that should help me not to be tempted.

Did anyone watch the dieting programme on 5 last night. They were talking about fats, unfortunately Rosemary Connely insisted that fat is bad for you and I was her diet book that prompted the ‘low fat’ revolution. I remember the days of checking a food didn’t have more than 5% fat. The girl who did the 4 week keto diet didn’t lose much weight (1kg) and increased her body fat. My main comment on the way the diet was conducted is that, although she only had good fats, they seemed to be unlimited. Also she kept eating the same things over and over – eggs in particular. Anyway it didn’t work for her but she got really excited when her keto sticks turned pink. Funnily enough I am always low carb but my sticks always stay in the beige area. The other thing about the programme was every time they talked about fat they showed someone slicing cheese, then frying bacon, then slicing butter AND they showed these same clips over and over again. They could have cut the programme to 30 mins instead of an hours. At least they had some new diet advice regarding fats, i.e. not all fats are bad, cholesterol is needed by the body, there are good fats like olive oil, avocados and nuts etc.

Hope everyone is doing well and I guess I had better say hi to Jules – bonjour mon ami.

• posted by topcac
    on

Good morning all and welcome to another day on planet earth. I am so pleased that we have some new and returning faces. Welcome back Jules Maigret and I’m delighted that you’ve managed to maintain through a tough 6 months work wise.

I weighed in this morning and have lost a staggering 2.25lbs overnight! Thank goodness it seems that at least some of the 9lbs I gained was carb bloat. However, my stomach thinks my throat’s been cut and is protesting very loudly this morning (mostly in a quiet moment in meetings…) but I am ignoring it…and the headache which is coming on strong, Fortunately I know this is all normal stuff so for any new new faces out there do not fear – your body may have some uncomfortable reactions to the lack of carbs but it will pass. Personally I can’t wait for the fabulous effect of this way of eating

Natalie – I completely understand – I do seem to spend my whole life obsessed with food. Cooking it, packing it, planning it, shopping for it, thinking about it and ooh – eating it. Apart from my full time job, which already takes up 50+ hours a week, it’s about the only other thing I do continually, and some of it I do whilst at work too! However, I don’t resent it as it is literally the only way these things work, at least in the beginning – planning meals means there is little left to chance, which is when I tend to grab the stuff that’s no good. So yep – I reckon we are stuck with it 🙂

So I’m off for a walk at lunchtime, both my colleagues are coming with me which is great – both are doing Slimming World (not so great but hey, their choice and I will try to encourage them to the BSD way while I’m walking…) and I’m hoping to get to the gym tomorrow.

Have a good day y’all
    TC

• posted by Antigone
    on

Morning All – so far so good! Haven’t eaten yet (just nibbled some left over blue cheese) and went for a very long dog walk – will fire up the much neglected MFP later. Still xmas goodies around but I’ve had enough fancy food for a while. Coffee break now then 3 stables to muck out and farm chores to do before putting xmas decs back in the attic. Stay strong losers!

• posted by Edamame18
    on

Hello all,

Having done (quite successfully) the BSD last year, for a rewarding weight loss & health gain, I’ve gradually fallen off, so I thought committing to the forum, & not just lurking, will help my reboot effort & help my aim to lose the last 8 kilos. Fingers crossed…here we go…

• posted by JulesP
    on

Bore da Jax51, I’m in Wales too at the mo, Anglesey for a couple of days. So beautiful this morning and wild winds. Fab walk along the coast with my dog.
    Re one meal a day, it’s certainly not the only way, loads of people do really well eating normally but it seems to suit me and I lose weight better. I probably have 5 days one meal, 2 days two meals, easy as I never want breakfast. Ate out last night so had goats cheese salad starter, lamb & roasted veg then had my dessert at home, Greek yogurt, blueberries, raspberries & almonds do I’m certainly not deprived! Once you get your head round the carbs you’ll have no problem at all, they really do seem to be key. Best of luck! Jx

• posted by Sueonit
    on

Happy New Year everyone😊I would like to join in this challenge and improve my health and weight👍 I was 3lb up on my weigh in from the festive holiday, I really enjoyed the Xmas hols the prossecco and extra treats, but back to business 2018 is going to be my best year with the support of this thread💪 I have just gone through the fridge and got rid of stuff or frozen it, looking forward to tips and recipes from some wonderfully clever supportive friends!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Tillybud – thanks for asking about the scales….

The new scales weight 2.2lb heavier! I’m quite pleased about that. I was dreading them being 5 lbs or more higher. So, on my new scales I am 16 stone 5.2 lbs. Was 18.6, when I began (on my old scales). I am eating once per day this week and twice Sat/Sun and will weigh in on Tuesday, so I can join the 4 week challenge.

Happy N Year to everyone! 🙂

Kxx

• posted by zolou
    on

Thanks to Jax for the encouragement and Topcac for the reassurance – body in protest today with hunger, wooziness and general zonkdom, but hanging on in there! I like the two week review suggestion, it gives a shorter term goal to aim for. Apparently the hunger should’ve passed by then …

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to be late to the party today. Somehow I overslept and seem to have been playing catch up all day. Have managed to read most of today’s posts on the thread though and it seem that everyone has made a strong start. I’m pleased to report my scales showed a drop this morning, but so as not to tempt fate, I’ll only post the weekly consolidated result. Can say I was under on both cals and carbs yesterday and so far today, things are headed in the right direction too. It feels so right to take back control and to be doing the 800/20 again.

As I had various veg in the fridge, that were getting close to being past their best – leeks, swede, celery and romanesco cauli – I made a stilton and veg soup today and a batch of cauli mash. The soup is very tasty and I’m looking forward to some cauli mash with dinner this evening.

Keep up the good work everyone!

• posted by Laska
    on

OK so i managed 918 cal on my first day and today just over 800, . However its mainly been beetroot and veg soup and cheese ( ends of Christmas cheese ) so I am not too sure its going to show as much of a weight loss.

My start weight this morning was 12.10.5 and I’ve been guzzling water and hanging fire eating until midday .. however yesterday i did find myself nibbling too late in the evening to make the 16.8 today ..

This week feels like a ‘get rid of Christmas sludgy-ness week’ .. although its true i haven’t been that active yet ! . I have dug out my fitbit and rebooted it though (it needed an upgrade and I had to download the new app as had changed my pc since I last used it . I have also re-logged into Myfitness pal .. am pleased to find all my old lists and recipes still there !.

So am feeling like i have made a positive start (even if i dont lose this week) .

• posted by Tillybud
    on

I have just watched Tom kerridge and just thought that that low fat sugar substitute wasn’t the way to go. I would rather have full fat and have smaller portions than any kind of substitute. Luckily I don’t have a particularly sweet tooth.

Trust me I’m a doctor however intrigued me. I have been drinking fizzy water instead of wine but I hadn’t noticed it making me more hungry. Interesting thoughts!

I have coconut oil in my cupboard so can’t wait for next week’s episode on that one!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Just a thought. Has anyone else seen that advert for Jane plan ready diet meals? Am I being particularly thick or do the scales she stands on really say 10 at 28 lbs??!! It fascinates me.

Kazz am so glad your new scales are not as horrendous as mine. I have started the trek towards 9st 12 again. This morning I was 10 st 4 and a quarter 😊

• posted by Inka13
    on

Thanks Zolou, you’re exactly right! So much of our success comes from self-belief and I’ll definitely be able to draw on that from now on!
    Hope your hunger pangs and ‘general zonkdom’ are waning!!

• posted by Cameron2337
    on

Good morning from Sunny Melbourne. Two days done and slightly under the 800 calories on day one and a bit over yesterday however this was offset by exercise both days. Feeling heady this morning as my body adjusts to the carb cravings but haven’t caved in yet and know this will soon pass.
    .One of the things I find very beneficial about this way of life is the choices we make in preparing our menus for the day. Yesterday went to local market and purchased meats, salads and fresh vegetables . For dinner I had smoked trout and salad which is something I would probably not have considered previously so it opens your mind to trying new and better/healthier options. It also makes you think more about what you choose to consume and in my case to look up recipes as I enjoy cooking and preparing and trying new dishes suitable to the BSD lifestyle.

When I originally started the BSD in September I weighed 104 kgs (16.3 stone) and lost 26 pound and was able to come off my morning and evening insulin although I still remain on medications to control my t2. Even in the 2 days I have been on the rebooted program my bgl’s have shown an improvement and this proves a great motivator along with all your posts regarding your own individual journeys.

I look forward to our continued successes over the coming eight weeks and wish you well in your individual journeys.

Regards

Cameron

• posted by Natalie
    on

I really think Day 3 is the hardest. That was yesterday for me, I definitely ate too much chocolate and felt miserable (from carb flu, not guilt). Since I started being strict (or trying to) on Mon, this is Day 4 for me and I feel much better. My eating is well controlled, no cravings, more energy. I am yet to eat dinner but expect to be well within limits. We spent the day at Taronga Zoo, it’s right on the harbour in Sydney on a steep hill, the giraffes get a beautiful view! But a bus (or cable car) takes you to the top then you work your way down, zig zagging across the slope, so it wasn’t too strenuous. Three hours of slow walking. And stopping a lot of course to look at the meerkats and Pygmy hippos etc.

Well done everyone sticking to this woe. Some days are hard, but mostly it gets easier.

Please log in or register to post a reply.