8 week Fast 800 'reboot' starting 2 January 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I can’t contribute much to this recent conversation because I tend to agree with everyone as I read!

JGwen I’m imagining you shrinking from the ankles up, if that goes on eventually you’ll look like a lollipop – hmm that’s not very BSD – I can’t think of any appropriate foods so let’s say a dandelion ‘clock’. But at least, unlike some of us, you’ll keep your boobs longer than your stomach! Actually I think my legs are shrinking first too, my pants are looser on my thighs, although really it’s not obvious anywhere.

I hope my feet don’t shrink any more, I already wear the smallest women’s size and some stores don’t have anything for me. I am proud of my tiny feet but I don’t want to shop in the children’s section!

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie ‘Happy Anniversaries’. I think it’s so important to celebrate every milestone. We need to keep encouraging ourselves by celebrating!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Natalie, I have a friend who used to do all her clothes shopping in the children’s sections, she was really proud of it because in the UK the VAT ( tax ) charged on children’s clothes is less than that for adults. But I guess its a bit difficult to find killer high heels in the children’s shoe section.

I wear wellie’s with neoprene tops so they have some stretch in them but when I started BSD I had to work them up my legs and they left a red mark around my calves by the end of the day. Now, the tops are 6.5 inches are larger than my calves. Sadly I seem to be losing from both ends at a time, so have lost from face and neck and boobs, just not the spare tyre yet. Never mind, I would have been tempted to move off the BSD to maintaining mode once I got down to my target dress size so maybe its better for me to do it in this order.

My body is busy playing all sorts of tricks on me at present. I have been eating in a 19:5 pattern for the last couple of weeks, but because of a meeting yesterday I had a couple of eggs scrambled mid afternoon, and nothing else in the evening. Result – a 0.7kg gain this morning. – I am starting to think my bathroom scales produce different results depending on the weather. I am sure they think I am lighter when its raining. – Just have to wait until a day of intermittent heavy rain and spend the time jumping on and off the scales to put my theory to the test :-))))

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hello all, where are you, I hope you are not flagging now we are about to finish week 7. My weight loss has started again but slowly, I still have a goal of 10lbs for the 8 week challenge. Will weigh in officially tomorrow. KOKO.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi s-g. Still here and KOKO. Not sure I shall have much to report tomorrow, but will report in all the same!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Hi s-g and everyone. I’m still here too. Been away but back now. Will weigh in tomorrow but not sure I’ll want to. Had crisps, nuts and wine whilst away. Not a lot but probably enough to make a difference!! We’ll see.
    With regards to your sleeping s-g, have you tried amytripytylene. It worked for me when I had to come off my steroids. I couldn’t sleep properly because of the pain and stiffness ( woke myself up everytime I turned over!)
    Although amytripytylene is used for anxiety problems in a high dose, I think a low dose (10 mg) is used to relax you enough to let you sleep. I’m back on steroids again so haven’t needed them but as I’m weaning off steroids (down to 7mg daily) I may need them again as I’m starting to stiffen up again. Maybe 8mg daily should be my “maintenance” dose. Oh well KOKO. Til tomorrow ……

• posted by Steadyloser
    on

Made it to 11 stone, my first big target. Next target – breaking 11 stone, this has been the tricky one, as I see 11 stone and ease up. However, a pair of boots is in my future when I make it, so KOKO 🙂

on

Hi Tilybud thanks for the advice, but you cant have noted the earlier posts. I have been on ‘medication’ for around 5 years and they work very well but I dont like being on stuff that I shouldn’t really need so looked for a herbal remedy instead. The drug you suggest would also have consequences for the other meds I take, particularly my BP and blood thinning drugs. But thanks anyway.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Sorry s-g. I hadn’t read that. Note to self : read all missed posts before trying to teach my granny to suck eggs. Not implying you’re my granny in any way shape or form! Honest!
    Weigh in this morning, 10st 4lbs so not bad after hols. Still got time to lose the 4lbs before end of challenge. She says with fingers crossed. Hope everyone else is losing well or at least not self sabotaging. KOKO x

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning ! This challenge has been a real disaster for me as I’m up exactly 3lbs since the start in January. Three pounds is my ‘get your finger out’ trigger weight so that’s what I’m doing from today.
    My excuse is that I was away for the first 23 days of the challenge but I have had three weeks to redeem myself and I have gone backwards. I’m leaving this challenge because to be honest I never got my head into gear at all for an 8 week challenge, I know when it’s time to give in and regroup, and I don’t want to demoralise others. But wishing everyone the best for the last week. Remember there is still time for that last push.
    S-g I guess you will have tried lavender oil to help you fall asleep. If not put some on a cotton wool pad, which you can always push away during the night because it is pungent, and breath in deeply, breath in deeply, breath in deeply…… there you are…. almost asleep!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all rebooters. Seven weeks down, one more to go. Though I think I shall join the new 4 week challenge in parallel, to keep up the campaign until Easter.

Anyway I report in today at 76.5 kilos, a loss this week of 0.9 kilo (2lbs) . Just 0.5 kilo to go to my new target for this challenge. It has been a bit of a mixed week – a serious low point was that our dog was adopted yesterday so there is a golden retriever hole in our household. :-{ On the positives, I discovered a good internet site here in the Netherlands which has opened my tastebuds to delicious macadamia nuts and cacao nibs. In moderation of course….

Verano I don’t think you could ever be demoralising! Good luck in the new challenge. Well done steadyloser, and look forward to reading other rebooter results. Laska are you OK? It feels as if you have gone a bit quiet, but I may have missed you. Good luck to everyone for the last week.

• posted by JGwen
    on

I don’t have the results I expected to report this week. I went through a few days were I didn’t feel like eating much before 4pm so was on a 20:4 eating program and even then simply didn’t want to eat much, but was very thirsty. The results on the scales at present are not good, up 0.6kg on last week but the amount of fluid going in simply isn’t matched with the amount of fluid going out. So I think I will see positive results once my whoosh moment gets here.

Am going to keep on with the 20:4 window, and 800. My daily activity levels mean that I must be burning fat to make up the difference, so it will change at some point.

Its a really new experience for me drinking so much water, I have never craved it before. I have even bought bottled sparkling water in the last week which is a first for me.

on

Hi all, boy did I have to scroll down a long way to find you. Guess there are a lot of threads going right now. I can report another 1.5lb loss so still in line for my target of 10lb next week.
    V. have you forgotten my chant – KOKO, you are still here and so am I.
    Tillybud, stop digging before you put your foot right in it, although maybe I could be your grandma if you are younger than 20. 🙂

• posted by Tillybud
    on

I know, sorry s-g! No I’m not under 20 (only in my head) . I’m 65 too (66 in June)! I find it difficult (boring) with the hoola hoop and try to “do” it while I’m watching the TV to make the time pass quicker. Last time we went to France I took it with me to do in moho, but the bloody thing is so big it would have taken hubby’s head off if I’d used it indoors. I tried it out on our pitch on a campsite (it was early in the year and only hardy French on site) I got some almighty funny looks! Only did it the once and decided to dismantle it and not bother anymore. I don’t take it away with us now 😊

• posted by Verano
    on

How could I s-g ! Have just mentioned it to a newbie!

• posted by Laska
    on

half a pound down.. well its better than half a pound up ..but I had hoped for better things this week. :-/

• posted by Sandy47
    on

Hello everyone, no loss to report this week, getting myself resigned to being a slow loser. Goal for this challenge of getting to 10 stone still within grasp though (2lb to go) so will KOKO. Have a great week all, keep posting x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

No weigh in this week as I am a long way from my scales. I will be seeing what the damage of my holiday is next week, although my steps are way up. 16,000 odd today, including a beach walk, cold and breezy but sunny.

on

Hi all, last night I could have really had a drink, fancied one like mad, but resisted. This morning I have lost .25lb so I am so glad a didn’t give in as that would have been either a zero loss or even a small gain. Only 6 more days to go so I will grit my teeth and do this.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi s-g. Well done for resisting! I wish I had had the same will power yesterday evening! So now an even greater focus for the last six days of this challenge.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done indeed s-g! Resistance did pay off. Can’t believe there’s only 6 days left. Have I missed whether there’s another challenge or not? Can’t seem to see what comes next. Sorry if I’m being a bit thick!

• posted by Laska
    on

OOOOh OOOOh unexpected Whoosh! .of 2lbs .. Have seen the 11s his morning .. 11.13.5!
    Now if that doesn’t make me keep to it this weekend.. …

Its DHs birthday .. I have planned lovely things for him and a nice meal out..so a glass of wine will be had.. ( though i can go without other carbs) BUT ..my big hope is that i can make this weight my official one for next Tuesday ..

Yes are we doing another challenge? Who is up for it.. ?

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done Laska! Enjoy DHs birthday and fingers crossed for same weight next Tuesday. Anyone any suggestions for next challenge?

• posted by caronl
    on

Well done Laska! You must be really pleased.

on

Way to go Laska, I am still the same today as I am afraid I am going to have a drink tonight. On 28th June 2016 I decided to start this diet, it was the same day my daughter was moving house, leaving her husband so doing it all on her own. After everything going wrong that could she ended up knocking on the door or her new house to ask the people why they hadn’t moved out – they forgot (they had renovated another house and could move anytime). At 9pm she finally got the keys and alls well etc. My husband decided to open a bottle of champagne and I said I wouldn’t drink it as it was the first day of my new diet and I didn’t intend breaking it on day one. Well today she had just gone through it all again. Sat outside with the moving van ready to pack, waiting for that call – you have exchanged. God how do you Brits do it. So many times things can go wrong. Anyway, I am going to have a small drink to toast her new home tonight. Better watch the food calories although I have had spinach and almond milk smoothie for breakfast and an avocado (half) salad for lunch with hubby making a skinny chilli for dinner – around 650 calories total – so can spare a few.

KOKO

on

Hi all. Confession, a couple of vodka tonics last night have put me up by 0.25lb. Back to being strict now until Tuesday. Hubby was told he could be heading towards being pre-diabetic with his fasting sugars at 6.5 (6.8 is the top of the range in France) and his triglycerides were higher than they should be. The two combined made the doctor a bit worried so he has been retested 3 months later. This morning, his results are BG 4.5 and triglycerides way down on the scale so he is pretty happy. Hopefully, he will stick with the very low alcohol intake and watch his carbs.

• posted by Laska
    on

Another half pound down this morning.. 🙂
    but it may be a curry this evening though ( no rice for moi if so ) .
    I had a migraine earlier .. so really dont fancy alcohol( and wont) , but now i am feeling better do fancy something a bit spicy (often the way strangely ) I my have some dhal also ..

on

Still around the same today – not long to go now – then I have 6 weeks to my holiday

• posted by caronl
    on

Yes sunshine-girl we are into the final lap! 3 more days to go. Fingers crossed for our targets!

• posted by caronl
    on

Crossing fingers isn’t working at the moment! I am having a wobble in the last few days – snacking too much on nuts and nibs. Really annoyed with myself since I was within .2 of reaching my goal. 8 weeks feels quite a long time at the moment – at least for the final strait. Perhaps writing this will stiffen my backbone. See all remaining rebooters on Tuesday.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hello to all rebooters, I knew when I started this reboot that I would be having a week off plan on my holiday, but I’ve really had far more off plan days than on, and am actually quite pleased to be only 0.6 pounds up from where I started on the 2nd January. I know it wasn’t what I planned, but on the other hand I think it is demonstrating that my body likes where it is 😀 and now I am 15 months into maintenance that means some of the ‘yo-yo fear’ is receding. I hope others have had a more successful reboot than me.

on

Im with Caronl, just havent had my head screwed on this weekend. Will try for the next 2 days and hope. Think I might need another week to reach my goal.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Well I’ve spent the past three weeks eating my weight in carbs and so I end this challenge only 0.2 kg down from what I started! Not a great reboot for me! But I never give up (or not for long anyway) so I’ll keep trying. I bought some new clothes recently and I don’t want to grow out of them!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi I’m signing off today rather than tomorrow.I’m afraid the first two months of the year have been maintainance months rather losing months for me. Anyway, I’m taking a break from the boards for a while but hope everyone has done well on this challenge and will do over the coming months.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, V. I just want to wish you well while you’re taking some time
    to re-center your thoughts and goals at this time. I’ll be thinking
    of you…You will be sincerely missed, but you must do what feels
    right for you. My eyes will be ever on the alert for the return
    of your beautiful username, SPRING!

Much love,

Allie

on

Hi all, only one more day and I might follow Verano in taking time out. I seem to be constantly putting stress upon myself and daily life is like a competition against myself. One the subject of making stress, Verano, have you finished week 2 of the Diabetes course. Personally I thought it was rubbish but that might be because I already knew most of what was said. I guess if you have no idea what diabetes is it might be useful. Taking a break from courses too.
    I will be back tomorrow for the final weigh in. KOKO

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Sunshine-girl and Verano, if you need to take a break from the boards then just do it! Maybe just ‘living the way of life’ with no outside pressures is what you need to do for a while. We all get to a point sometimes where something enjoyable becomes hard work and we need to let it go for a while. You know you will always be welcomed back here if you want to make a change in your way of life in the future and need the forum’s support in that.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh dear. I’m 10st 4 and a quarter this morning. Dismal. Self sabotage again. Went round to neighbours on Sunday and had cheese and wine! Can you believe it?? I thought nobody had that after 1975! But didn’t stop me hoovering it up. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary (41 years) so it was bubbles and wine again. So …… I have lost just over 1lb since Christmas. New scales really did throw me but can’t keep using that as an excuse. I will get to under 10 stone. I just don’t know when. I will try another 4 weeks as I have been half hearted really with this challenge. Good luck to everyone on the final weigh in for this challenge. Hope you are more “on it” than I’ve been. I feel so deflated but I’ve only me to blame. I know.

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a quick thank you MnM and Allie I think you’re right sometimes we just need to take a step back. Sunshine-girl we have travelled this path for so long together but maybe it is time for you to also take a ‘break’ and stop fighting with yourself. As MnM said … when something enjoyable becomes hard work we need to let it go for a while… and that’s just how I feel at the moment. Yes I’ve done with Futurelearn too for a while, the last course was a waste of time! Think maybe it’s time to stop keeping on keeping on………

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi remaining rebooters! Tillybud don’t beat yourself up. Just brush off the bubbles and think about summer outfits! I hope you enjoyed the champagne and congratulations on your anniversary. Sunshine-girl and Verano, thank you for all the wise words and encouragement. You both sound so sensible that I am sure you will make the right decision. But do at least lurk and laugh/sympathise with the rest of us.

Anyway I started so I’ll finish with a last report-in. My goal on 2 January was “My start weight for this reboot is 83.1 kilos (down 7.4 from my start under the 4 week October 2017 challenge and a wobble at Christmas). My goal is a healthy BMI (79 kilos) by end Feb. A bit of wriggle room would be nice, but probably not realistic!” I then added 76 kilo as a mini-goal since the weight came off more quickly than I expected. Today I weigh in at 76.0000000000000000 kg. Yes!

I can’t say the last week has been easy – just 0.5 kilo off. I was very tempted by nuts and cacao nibs. But I am seriously chuffed. Now heading over to the starch March challenge for a last three weeks of 800 .

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi caroni
    Excellent commitment delighted for you, I’m a returner but day 6 week I so long way to go, but each day at a time.
    I did this plan in 2016 and all these forums seem rather inactive, very different from then, but hey I’m here I will fill it up, if I’m on here I’m not eating 😂
    Good luck for week ahead 🙋

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Thank you caronl. I know you’re right. I won’t give up and I will keep on. And yes we did enjoy the bubbles! Life is for living as well. Also on 7th March I see my oncologist and if all is well then I’ll be discharged so that’s a distraction too and at the back of mind. The “what if?” Still I will keep on keeping on. I sympathize and empathize withyou verano and sunshine girl and please don’t go too far away. “Lurk” if you can and we’ll be thinking of you x

• posted by Laska
    on

Hello , well I am delighted to report 11.13 which is a 13 lb loss for me over this challenge. from my arrgh weight (in jan 1st ) . so I am really motivated to carry on now for another challenge..
    I just cut loose with a small and thin celebratory slice of home made bread – the first since Dec 31st .. l will have another in another month!!

• posted by Laska
    on

ok looks like the next challenge is the ‘success in March’ have missed a week of that though..

• posted by caronl
    on

Congratulations Laska, JGwen and all losing and persevering rebooters! Laska you could always count the loss twice and join in on the March thread…. Tillybud, very best wishes for 7 March.

• posted by caronl
    on

Thanks greenjanet. Very best wishes to you too.

on

Hi all. Well done to all those who have succeeded and sad face for those who have struggled. I set myself a goal of 10lbs and have managed to lose 7lbs so not really failure but a little short (like me). I am a bit cross with myself as I reached 7lbs at week 4 and then just messed around as 3lbs in 4 weeks seemed easy. Yes it is if you stick to it but it gave me leeway to cheat (although I dont like that word along with failure). I have been on this diet in most formats since June 2016 and I am 20lb lighter and BG from 190 to 80 so I am still sticking with the principles and do not eat any bad carbs (ok a dessert on my birthday) but cannot be constantly on 800 cals although, having said that, I still do a menu every week that comes in at around 700 cals with a little wriggle room. I will not be giving up the plan ever, to me it is a way of life and I still want to get rid of the injections. Looking at that, on 1st Jan I will go through my figures. BG 137 – today 85, Insulin 30 units, today 22, weight 78.5kg today 75.4kgs. That spells success for me.
    I might not be joining another challenge but I will be lurking and helping out where I can. I have new goals – 2 week on Friday new blood test – want to be 5.7 – 3 weeks today seeing doctor gorgeous and want to be 4lbs lighter than today. 6 weeks to my holiday and want to be 7lbs lighter than today.
    Good luck everyone and I will be keeping on keeping on…

• posted by Marsie
    on

Laska, come and join the March/starch challenge anyway. It’s perfectly fine to do the next 3 weeks.

Please log in or register to post a reply.