8 week Fast 800 'reboot' starting 2 January 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by topcac
    on

For those wanting to go back to basics after the Holiday season splurge

• posted by topcac
    on

Thread will officially start on 2 January but feel free to record your plans and ‘resolutions’ here beforehand.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Had a week of splurging whilst in Washington DC and I have actually enjoyed taking some time off over Christmas. I have not been ridiculous but have eaten coffee table nibbles, had a pizza and the nicest slice of American apple pie ever! Aeroplane food wasn’t the best but I went with it all. I didn’t really want to start another new year “dieting” but I do feel ready to get back to basics as I am aware that if I don’t keep low carb I will put back on my weight quite quickly. I will keep off the scales until 2nd January and weigh in for the start of this thread and take the hit! Will be nice to get back in the swing of BSD and get some inspiration from you all. Thank you for starting this thread for us Topcac.

• posted by topcac
    on

Welcome CC – I figured I was in need of the back to basics thing, even if no one else was! However, I do know of a couple of others with the same idea. I hope to reboot my system and enjoy the success that I did back in September 2016 when I started. I know it can be done!

• posted by Verano
    on

Topcac so glad you’ve started this. I’ll be here next Tuesday when I weigh in properly. Today is my first day of weighing and logging for ages. I thought I should find out exactly how high my carbs and calories have risen to! I’m maintaining at the moment but I guess although my carbs will be ok my calories won’t. I need to make a plan and I’m not sure after all this time here that I will manage to get straight back to 800/30, my normal weight loss zone, but we’ll see.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’m in for the reboot but will only be 800 calories 5 days out of 7 as I will have my weekends ‘free’ of calorie counting. Not much to move, just dropping the carbs and alcohol out again will probably be enough to have me back to target again, but may take it a little further before the bounce back this time to make my comfort zone easier to stick to.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ll be here! But why 2nd Jan, why not 1st?

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hi I’m joining you too! I’m on the 4 week thread also. Hoping to continue for 8 weeks more.

• posted by caronl
    on

I shall be joining too, if I may. After losing 8 kilos since October 2017, I have gone off the rails a bit over Christmas (spot the understatement), but am ready to continue the journey. I’ll think a bit more about targets and approach when I post on 2 January. In the meantime Happy New Year!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, I would also like to join you, as well as joining the 4 week challenge. I haven’t really gone over the 800 cals over the festive season so far, but did manage to spend 21 out of 24 hours from christmas eve afternoon to christmas day afternoon asleep. 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Natalie it’s really just ‘tradition’. I started the four week challenges back in 2016 and my official weighing day is Tuesday so it just happened and had stuck. Hence the 2nd, a Tuesday, and not the 1st!

• posted by Verano
    on

Yesterday I weighed and logged all my food and drink for the first time in ages. As I’d thought I am staying in maintenance mode with less than1500 calories and less than 50g carbs but I obviously need to take myself in hand to lose weight. So I’m starting with a realistic 1000/40 and a modest weight loss goal of 8lbs. I hope to review this as we go along but in the meantime just want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year! See you in 2018!

• posted by Angela06
    on

Good morning everyone

I’d like to join this challenge if I may….I lost 26kgs from November 2016 to May 2017 and I guess you could say I have been treading water ever since gaining and losing the same kilo. I’m still a UK size 18 and still, just, in the obese category. So it’s time to reassess before the spring clothes hit the shops and I think I need to go back to basics…weighing measuring everything that goes on my plate and being more careful about veggie choices and portion control.

Have a wonderful New Year celebration and see you next Tuesday. Angela06

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m in for the ‘reboot ‘ too. Have decided I’d like to push down to a flat 8st as my base weight, which would give me a full half stone up to my ‘target’ weight. Having been successfully maintaining around the 8st 4lb mark since early September, I don’t have a whole heap to lose, but of course it’s sometimes quite an effort to get rid of a few pounds, when that’s all there is left to shift. Quite looking forward to getting back to basics and being in the zone again for a while though and will hopefully find those last few pounds disappear more readily than I fear.

Have a great New Year everyone and see you here next Tuesday for the big reboot.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all , although I am still away I weighed this morning to find my total gain over the holiday is 1.5 lbs although it is not over yet but I am very pleased with that. It is time I got really serious again and want to do the full 8 weeks before we go on a cruise in April – so I might fit in a further few weeks on top. We head back tonight and will be home tomorrow afternoon so will do official weight on Monday ready to start on Tuesday. As we have been away it is good to have that extra day to go shopping as everything is shut on the 1st. Really looking forward to starting again.

• posted by Cameron2337
    on

I’m in if that’s ok. Want to get back on track and continue in my quest to lose 18 kg to get to my desired goal. I look forward to working towards this goal with fellow members as we continue on our quest. Best wishes to all for the coming new year and beyond

• posted by Zippy
    on

Good luck to everyone. I have already started my post-Christmas reboot but this is only my 4th day so hopefully I can join in a bit here too! I couldn’t wait a few days until New Year – that’s how sick I am of party food and sugar! Feel so much better already. Good luck!

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

As part of Reboot January, I am offering a couple clips from this great article from the New York Times.

Title of article if “Always Hungry? Here’s Why”. It will sound all too familiar.

Good summary of the role of excess carbohydrates in causing excess insulin production, leading to weight gain even when total calorie levels are aactually lower than control group. The weight gain, or “storage” when viewed another way, means that if your food intake ends up being stored versus being available to be used, the rest of your body essentially acts like it is being starved and demands you eat more. You are hungry all the time.

I have pasted a couple paragraphs of it below….link to full article at the bottom.

“As it turns out, many biological factors affect the storage of calories in fat cells, including genetics, levels of physical activity, sleep and stress. But one has an indisputably dominant role: the hormone insulin. We know that excess insulin treatment for diabetes causes weight gain, and insulin deficiency causes weight loss. And of everything we eat, highly refined and rapidly digestible carbohydrates produce the most insulin”.

“By this way of thinking, the increasing amount and processing of carbohydrates in the American diet has increased insulin levels, put fat cells into storage overdrive and elicited obesity-promoting biological responses in a large number of people. Like an infection that raises the body temperature set point, high consumption of refined carbohydrates — chips, crackers, cakes, soft drinks, sugary breakfast cereals and even white rice and bread — has increased body weights throughout the population”.

“Another study published by Dr. Ludwig and colleagues in The Lancet in 2004 suggested that a poor-quality diet could result in obesity even when it was low in calories. Rats fed a diet with rapidly digesting (called high “glycemic index”) carbohydrate gained 71 percent more fat than their counterparts, who ate more calories over all, though in the form of slowly digesting carbohydrate”.

“These ideas aren’t entirely new. The notion that we overeat because we’re getting fat has been around for at least a century, as described by Gary Taubes in his book “Good Calories, Bad Calories.”

“But such theories have been generally ignored, perhaps because they challenge entrenched cultural attitudes. The popular emphasis on calorie balance reinforces the belief that we have conscious control over our weight, and that obesity represents a personal failure because of ignorance or inadequate willpower”.

“If this hypothesis (that excess carbohydrate consumption drives an excessive insulin response, which drives weight gain, and ultimately the creation of a viscious repetative cycle even when calories are reduced) turns out to be correct, it will have immediate implications for public health. It would mean that the decades-long focus on calorie restriction was destined to fail for most people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/18/opinion/sunday/always-hungry-heres-why.html?_r=0

And thank you BSD for offering us an alternative to simple calorie restriction.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That was really interesting reading, Luvtcook. I think the BSD has shown us all the validity in the content, for sure, not all calories are equal and I think we all understand now, how carbs drive our hunger. Most of us have at various times been on the usual diets and not been able to sustain weight loss or maintain once the weight was lost. Understanding the role of carbs in this pattern is important. What is a crying shame though, is that ‘the establishment’ refuses to admit it was wrong in the guidelines fed to the populous all these years and so the same rubbish is being trotted out and people are still on that desperate treadmill getting nowhere.

Good to know you’re both on board for the reboot Cameron and Zippy. I’m looking forward to taking control again and I’m sure we will all be posting and supporting in the weeks to come. Best of luck for 2018 everyone.

on

Just arrived back home and as I had breakfast at 5am and wanted to get back here for our house sitters to leave so decided not to stop for lunch on the 7 hour journey. Now I have had one fried egg and half a tin of baked beans. Oh how the simple things can taste so good when you are back home.

Tonight I have a meal of bolognaise sauce but nothing to go with it so I will just have extra and we have put a bottle of champagne in the fridge. Then that is it. I have suggested hubby might do Dry January and he sort of nodded when I reminded him it might be good for his next blood test (triglycerides were up) so that will definitely help me through the next 8 weeks. Happy New Year everyone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Happy New Year 2018 everyone! It’s Monday morning here so I’m starting my 8 week reboot now, not tomorrow. I did start four days ago actually – but I gave in to a few temptations with all the gatherings so this is my offical clean start with no more excuses.

Starting weight: 75.4 kg
    Eventual goal weight: 58 kg

I would love to lose 6.4 kg in this eight weeks and get down to 69 kg which is my marriage weight a bit over 15 years ago.

• posted by Sandy47
    on

I’d like to start the full 8 weeks again and am already on the 4 week challenge thread. Target for week 8 is to get to 10 stone. Not sure whether this may be a bit ambitious, but have generally been losing 7lb per month, excluding Christmas, so we’ll see. Good luck everyone x

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’ve just worked out why my carbs have seemed so high the past few days. I’m used to the Australian displays of net carbs with fibre already deducted, but I’ve just switched to MyFitnessPal and it doesn’t do that! It tells me total carbs. It was puzzling me dreadfully why fruits and veges were so much higher in carbs than I remembered.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’ve started the diet today (It’s going well so far!)

I have 25 lbs to lose. I’m hoping to shift that and feel much healthier (I’m not diabetic or otherwise ill, just feel sluggish and generally not at my best).

on

Yesterday was a disaster. You forget how much damage carbs can do. Last night, due to my not having proper food all day (ham and cheese for breakfast, beans and egg late afternoon and bolognaise with nothing for dinner) I found myself absolutely starving and I’m not even dieting yet. Anyway I discovered our house sitters had left half a baguette so I had 2 slices with butter. Turned out to be a fruit baguette, I’ve lived in France for 12 years and never seen fruit in a baguette before. That probably also means is was a sugared dough mix. Yikes BG 169 this morning, that is from a norm of around 80 to 100. Highest it has been since starting this plan in June 2016. Now that really is an incentive to get back on it.

Even though I dont officially start until tomorrow I will be following the principals if not the calories and have had 2 eggs scrambled with chilli and cheese, lunch will be a Spanish soup and we have a joint of lamb with frozen veg for dinner. And no alcohol as along with the diet it is a dry January.

Cant wait until tomorrow.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Gang

I’m also starting a reboot today and doing dry Jan and Feb for the 8 week duration.

LTC – very interesting. I’m also reminding myself about this by looking at Gary Taubes stuff on YouTube.

Kazzee xx

• posted by alibalibee
    on

Natalie – thanks for that info about MFP – I hadn’t realised that it didn’t display net carbs and was wondering how on earth any one ever managed to stay below 50 grams of carbs a day! I’ve now added in fibre as one of the macros to track, and I suppose I’ll have to work it our myself.
    Does anyone know of a food tracker that does net carbs?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

When you’re searching the MFP database for an ingredient or product, add “net carbs” to the search terms. The entries are crowdsourced and there are plenty of low-carbers contributing to it, so you’ll often find the item you need with fiber count deducted from carb count. It’s an awkward partial solution because not everything has a net carb option so you might still need to subtract out some of the fiber from your totals in the end, but it helps.

I routinely clock in below 30 grams of carbs, btw, even counting fiber. It’s easy if you jack up the greens and drop the carbier vegetables, fruits and legumes.

• posted by alibalibee
    on

Thanks Esnecca, I’ll try that. I’ve just been back over my last month of tracking adjusting the carbs from various things, and I’ve actually been eating about 30g on average, which is what I’d wanted to do. I don’t eat a lot of meat or fish and so need to eat some legumes for protein occasionally. But hey, I’ve been losing weight, and managed to maintain over Christmas, so I’m happy.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

I’d like to join this reboot if I may please. As I explained on another thread I got new digital scales for Christmas and I weighed 10st 5 and a quarter, the trouble being I only weighed 9st 12 on my old scales! So I want to get below 10st ASAP. I am back on 10mg of steroids daily (polymyialgia rheumatica)which is a pain , literally (sorry, humour not intended). I feel I know via lot of you as I have been lurking since this time last year. Sunshine girl I know the exact restaurant in Limeuil you were telling, I think it was Jules Maigret, about. We have a motorhome and have stayed at the campsite on the opposite bank of the river Port Limeuil. Lovely site. I’m sure we can all get back to this WOL and keep on keeping on. Good luck to all x

• posted by Cameron2337
    on

Hi all, ready to hit the ground running ( or in reality walking). My starting weight for the reboot is 93 kg and belly measurement of 104 cm.
    I hope to get to under 80 kgs over the next 8 weeks but a more realistic result would be around the 83 kg mark. Not putting too much pressure on myself as any loss will be a good result.
    Good luck to all of you over the coming eight weeks

Regards

Cameron

• posted by zolou
    on

Hi everyone,

Like Zippy I started a few days ago (today is my 4th day) but I’m having my first go at the fast 800 so I’d like to hang out here 🙂 I really like the diet but it is a big adjustment – I feel as though profound changes are beginning to take place, and not just physical ones. So everyone, be extra kind to yourselves and give yourselves some nurturing setting out on this journey. I love the fact I’ve lost 6 pounds already, but I know one of the early challenges is going to be navigating a slow-down!

Zoe

• posted by LittleLisa
    on

Hi. I would very much like to join this challenge. I am still in shock at the success I have enjoyed since discovering this fab way of eating, in July and losing 25% of my body weight throughout 2017. Some of this success is also due to a whole year of not drinking any alcohol!!! But the most dramatic changes to my body (I have rediscovered my waistline for the first time in 16 years!).. and being offered the chance to stop all metformin for my T2 diabetes, are definitely from following BSD principles. This is my first time posting on here… but I have been enjoying many of your stories quietly from the sidelines. My resolution for this year is to see my weight settle comfortably in the “healthy weight range” – aiming for another 2 stone, and hopefully contribute a little more in these forums. Happy New Year and good luck to everyone!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I will weigh in formally tomorrow morning, for the start of my reboot, as today’s weigh in was after lunch when I got home. I will be weighing in at the same time every morning to try to minimise variations during the day. I will only usually report weekly though. Today has been a kind of transition day, with many BSD elements back and no alcohol but still around TDEE and 90g of carb. Plan for weekdays is 800/40, and weekends without calorie counting and alcohol and treats in strictly controlled moderation. In later weeks if necessary I will reinstate my total fast on Monday to balance any over doing it at weekends, but plan to log everything, good or bad.

• posted by Jackieppp
    on

Happy New Year everyone.
    I would like to join you all. I have lost a few pounds before but unfortunately let it slide so need to start again. I would really like to see if it helps with my sleeping pattern as this is when I snack the most! Going to weigh when I get up later on this morning and giving it a whole year to truly change my way of eating. Good Luck to all

• posted by Angela06
    on

Well it’s the big day. I had an absolute blast over the festive season and as a result I have managed to gain 2.3 kilos over the festive season which need to be dumped as quickly as possible.
    I don’t really set goals as such as I usually overestimate and end up disappointed and demoralised so I will be happy with anything over 5kgs. I’d like to get into the 70 kg range and out of the obese category but more importantly I would like to drop down a dress size. I’m thinking that by the end of this challenge the spring clothes will be coming into the shops and I’d like to be buying a UK size 16. I can’t afford to buy 2 wardrobes and not living in the UK I don’t have access to the charity shops some people use as a stopgap and I was overweight for so long that I don’t have anything left under an 18.

I gave up eating breakfast around the start of December and immediately or almost, dropped 2kgs. I ws having a greek yoghurt and some flaked almonds so modest enough but what I found was that eating breakfast seemed to kickstart the desire to eat and so round 11am I’d be looking to eat lunch or snack. I don’t have that now and it’s easier to manage 2×400 calorie meals.

I’m also signed up for the 1000 mile walk again. Last year I didn’t finish but did manage 650 miles which was considerably more than I would otherwise done. The exercise was great, of course, but it also served as a distraction, got me away from temptation and I visited some interesting places. Counting steps would have been a better way to do it as not all miles are equal, a bit like calories😉, but I liked the community and reading about other people’s experiences.

Good luck to all of us following this plan. I’m looking forward to hearing other people’s stories.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Signing on officially at 11 stone 11.2 pounds, which is a whole stone up from my target, but pleasingly slightly lower than my boxing day weigh in on the challenge thread, so I met that part of my challenge. 8 weeks now of reboot to look forward to, starting today when I will be only drinking tea, water and herb tea at work, and eating early this evening prior to hopefully resuming badminton. I may stick to my traditional homemade shake there as well, I have a few new ‘superfood’ ingredients to try adding to vary it up a bit. I should easily make the 800 today, it is always easier on a badminton day.

• posted by VictoriaM
    on

Hi all,

All your posts have inspired me, it’s so lovely to read people’s achievements and encouragement . I did try to do the challenge that started just before New Year, but 2 parties in 2 days wrecked that! After only 4 weeks on the BSD before the Christmas Period I think I was expecting a lot of myself to have this WOE embedded in my brain and temptation was too much. Now back to 800/20.

So I weighed this morning – 13 st 10lbs. 4lbs up over Christmas but 8lbs down from my start point.
    Target 12 st by my birthday (9th March).

Two likely difficult points that I need to plan for. At the end of Jan I’m in an amateur dramatic show. The dressing room is always full of chocolates and sweets and I’m in charge of cast teas that are lots of cakes, sausage rolls etc. Carb central. In the old days on other diets I used to take lovely fruits to nibble on, but I can’t do that. In fact with only 800 cals I can’t really snack at all so will have to be disciplined.

Also am going to Germany for 4 days with my husband and step daughter in February! My experience of German food is that it’s tasty but quite carb heavy!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning and a Happy New Year everyone.

I’m really excited about restarting BSD with an 8 week reboot. I have weighed in this morning and my aims are still the same. I want to lose 28lbs in 2018, eight of which I want to lose over the next 8 weeks. I plan on 1000/40 as a realistic target as I’m away for the first three weeks of this challenge. So just off shopping to fill my fridge and cupboards with BSD friendly foods. I have brought my Lindt 90% treat with me so am ready to go!

I will do my very best to ‘plan’ each day in the morning. I found I did my best when I was doing this. Angela06 I’m with you about having no breakfast. I started to drop my yogurt, berries and nuts about 2 months ago and it has definitely helped me to stay in maintenance but now I need to lose again.

I’ll do my best to log in regularly but can’t promise. Have a good journey everyone.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Morning all. I’ve weighed in at 10st 4 and three quarters this morning which is half a pound down from yesterday. I’ll take that as I’m officially starting today. Still had wine left in a bottle and Christmas cake to finish but that’s it now. Verano good to see you a familiar ‘face’ from other challenges.

I have berries and yoghurt for breakfast simply to take tablets with. They have to be taken with food or after a meal. Never ate breakfast before. So along with steroids that’s probably where the 2st baggage came from! But soon it will be gone. Goats cheese pear and walnut salad for lunch, ox cheek casserole for dinner tonight with loads of veg. No wine and plenty of water. Good luck everyone x

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi All and a HAPPY NEW YEAR – I’m amazed by the response to this thread and thank you all for joining me in my quest to defeat the carb monster!!

2017 was a rough year weight wise for me and this all culminated on the scales this morning with a massive 9lbs gain over the festive period. Whilst this is utterly appalling and brings me to within half a stone of my original Pre BSD weight (gulp!) I will not be put off by this. Instead, I shall seek the company of all you lovely lot and we shall reboot together. I’ve had successes already. Yesterday I went for a 40-minute run – feeling it this morning but will not be put off! In addition to this, 2018 has been dry so far, and will remain so for this 8-week programme. My Fitbit has come out of mothballs (went in before my wedding in June and hadn’t come out since) and I have two colleagues at work who want to walk with me at lunchtimes.

So, lots to be positive about – I shall visit here as often as I can to share and encourage – thank you for sharing all your experiences so far – 8 weeks seems a lot for people, but just remember, we all did this at least once in our journey here – it is do-able with support and encouragement and there are bags of that all around this forum.

Much love all – TC xx

• posted by Jax51
    on

Bore da, from a very wet Wales. This group is just what I needed this morning. I logged on for the first time in months to search for advice on how to start again and found all of you.
    I am determined to break the cycle once and for all and have weighed and planned meals for the next 3 weeks. At 13 st 13.2lb, my goal in these 8 weeks is to get out of the obese range in bmi and into the overweight section. By my calculations this should require about a stone loss and fingers crossed there’ll be a bit more.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding counting carbs please? I am not diabetic, ( that I’m aware of anyway) but reckon this may be where I’ve been going wrong in previous attempts.
    Off to walk the new bouncy puppy. Enjoy your badminton mixnmatch, step counting sounds like a good measure Angela06 I’ll dig out my pedometer before I start walking. Jackiepp understand the poor sleep pattern problem, work in progress for me too.
    Day 1 in action 😜🏃‍♀️👍

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy New Year to all. How nice to be sharing this challenge and benefiting from lots of experience and advice along the way.

My start weight is 83.1 kilos (down 7.4 from my start under the 4 week October 2017 challenge and a wobble at Christmas). My goal is a healthy BMI (79 kilos) by end Feb. A bit of wriggle room would be nice, but probably not realistic!

I aim to do this with 800/40, at least 8 cups of water a day, and a good hour’s walking + 10 mins stretching etc daily.

Best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy 2018.

• posted by Mrs getting there
    on

Hi, I would love to join this challenge too if I could. I have struggled with my weight since having my children and to make matters more serious my gestational diabetes didn’t quite bounce away the fourth time round so I’ve been diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I’m very lucky to have an extremely supportive husband but I’m very guilty of self sabotage!! So I’m really hoping that this is the way to a much healthier me. My starting weight is 152.6 lbs and my ultimate goal weight would be 126lbs. For this challenge I’d be happy to lose 14lbs but any more would be great. Good luck everybody

• posted by Verano
    on

Jax51 as you’re in the UK try http://www.fatsecret.co.uk I have also tried myfitnesspal but find Fatsecret simpler to use.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi everyone – really great to see so many people joining the Reboot and such a mix of old ‘faces’ and new. Mrs getting there, I’m sure many of us can identify with the self sabotage issue, but this is a great place to come and vent when the demons get to you and you’ll definitely find the straight talking and encouragement you need to keep going.

So, this is me climbing aboard the Reboot bus. Had a bit of a disastrous day on New Years Eve, with too many carbs and poor hydration. Result was feeling really cr++py all day yesterday and still showing an increase on the scales this morning.

Weighed in today at 8st 5.6lb – 1.4lb under target weight, but as I am aiming to push down to a flat 8st now – well, I’m sure you can do the maths!

So, on this challenge my aim is clear and to achieve it from today I am back to the 800/20 regime; weighing/measuring all consumed and keeping daily records; using a 16:8 eating pattern; ensuring good hydration each day and building some kind of exercise regime, which has always been my bete noire.

Best of luck to one and all – those of us that have used the BSD before know we can do it and those who are new, be assured if we can do it, so can you. Keep posting.

on

Really excited to be starting the 8 weeks over again. The first time round I was very successful and refused to waiver from the plan. I got my BG down from nearly 200 to around 80, although my weight loss was not great I did lose 13 lbs which is extra hard as I am using insulin injections and it makes the body hold onto fat. In truth this is the only diet that I have been able to lose any weight on. Anyway, over the past 12 months although I have kept BG low and stayed away from the white carbs I have not done so well with the weight though I am still less than I was.

Today I am weighing in at 78.4kgs or 12 st 5 lbs. I want to lose 10lbs by the end of the 8 weeks. I have done my weeks menu and each day is coming in at under 800, mainly around 700 which gives room for milk in one coffee or some added veg. My evening treat of 1 square of extra dark chocolate at 50 calories is going to go. Absolutely no alcohol although dry January didn’t get off to a good start. Because of our long journey home we had an early night on NYE so hubby decided to open the champagne yesterday as a NYD treat. Hey ho, it is finished now and I am dedicated to doing this.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by LittleLisa
    on

Hi, I weighed in at 10st 11.4 this morning which is higher than my pre-xmas 10st 7 but still over 3 stone down on this time last year!! My aim for this challenge is to lose a stone which will just scrape me into healthy BMI for first time in 16 years!!! Please can anyone help explain to me what all of these numbers mean? I’m guessing 16:8 means 16 hours fasting and 8 hours for eating each day (which is what I generally aim for) am I right? Also is 800/20 the calories and carbs or something else? Thank you in advance…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes, you’re spot on with deciphering the short hand – 16:8 is 16 hours between meals overnight fasting with an 8 hour window for eating and 800/20 is 800 cals and 20g carbs per day.

• posted by Laska
    on

I’m in ! . I really need to do this this time, was really successful at 5:2 originally a when it first came out and then on BSD also , BUT I’ve put it all back on again ! ..

I tried last year and didn’t stick to it and was going to change name to come back again , but have decided that abject shame only will do ! ( if anyone remembers me from the stalwart I was once!)
    So Big sigh…. Here I go again! i’m 60 now.. This has to be the last time I go on a big diet

My goal is to lose 2 stone initially (to get me back to the 10st 10 I was when I last did this .. ). There. I have admitted it. Depressing.

Its ambitious but if I can get near it in the 8 weeks ill be very well pleased

So far today I have had 188 cals worth of flame grilled chicken – a 130g packet ( yes I know it has some sugar in it but was my best option this lunchtime ) . Will be having homemade red cabbage and beet borscht this evening – a recipe I used to make loads when I was originally on 5:2.

ill be doing the 5:2method as I know it works for me and aiming for a 16/8 window mostly . Digging out my fitbit again later on to get back onto the 10000 steps .

Please log in or register to post a reply.