8 week Fast 800 'reboot' starting 2 January 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angela06
    on

A quick update on my third day…down 200g. It would have been more but my sweet neighbour brought me back some cheese from Corsica because I fed her cat over the holidays. She said I didn’t get cakes for you I brought cheese! She has no idea how quickly I can suck up a lump of cheese! Cheese is my downfall..love it!

I am slowly going back to logging cals and carbs and had a huge shock; a grilled vegetable tart is one of my lunch standbys and it uses a sheet of filo pastry for each tart. I was horrified to see the cal and carb count (14g) for just one sheet…we love it (and I’m not diabetic)so we’ll continue to eat it from time to time but I’ll balance it with a modest dinner. Disappointing but a good reminder that guesswork isn’t acceptable.

Which is better for logging Fatsecret or MFP? Is there a difference? I think I used Fatsecret in the past but of course have forgotten my log in.

I also love the sound of the smoked trout, Cameron. I do buy smoked mackerel, will look out for the trout.
    I agree, Natalie, it does get easier. It’s become normal for me now thanks to KOKO…I haven’t eaten white carbs for over a year now (except for 2 slices of bread on New Year’s Eve a lapse brpught on by alcohol) and I really haven’t missed them at all. Thank goodness…

I look forward to hearing about everyone’s journeys…there’s always something to learn…

• posted by toby101
    on

Ok admission, I started this at the same time last year – lost 13kg in eight weeks. and then spent the next 10 months putting all back on again. Christmas finally saw me back where I started.

Trying again, with a view to having learnt my lesson that I cannot just go back to old ways afterwards. Seem to be suffering worse hunger pangs this time – couldn’t sleep last night, but perhaps I just cannot recall them last time from the early stages. Anyway – determined to stick it out again and ironically I spend more time cooking tasty food than when not on the diet, so that’s a plus…

Good luck everyone.

• posted by toby101
    on

Also, what are people’s view of fizzy water? I drink litres of the stuff on this diet as it somehow helps kill cravings for food/alcohol/sweet drinks – but I now hear it actually increases your appetite. What do others find?

• posted by Nick C
    on

HI Toby
    It was only found to be a slight elevation in a increase appetite, i wouldn’t drop fizzy water because of this. I personally find i don’t crave while drinking it but i normally start drinking this with my evening meal. Before that its herbals teas or water.

• posted by Laska
    on

Envious of all you in in the Australian Sunshine!! Wet grey and very windy here!

anyway i weighed this morning and down 1lb! Very happy with this.. I officially started at 12.10.5 on Tuesday . but on Sunday i was 1.5lbs higher than that (this was the ‘shock’ weight which made me realise just how much I have been fooling myself) . So I am now really happy ! .

I haven’t eaten yet today ( last meal was almost15 hours ago ) so feeling in the zone.. .. I have pork mince for later which i will stir fry with some cabbage, cucumber a little onion and red pepper and 5spice garlic soy and ginger.. (yum)
    also have fast day hiccups! ..

I am not diabetic or even pre-diabetic according to blood sugars .. but I love my carbs and know this WOE does work for me ..
    I agree that success does come from self belief ad its also easy to negatively ‘self believe’ that we are doing ok when we are in reality ignoring the problem .. ( this is what i definitely have been doing).

One great thing about the international community here i think will be that we are eating ‘winter food’ roasts casseroles curries etc in the UK and reading about t others eating ‘summer food’. We should get lots of good ideas of each other ! .

Any great Pan Asian inspired low carb ideas would be great for me!!.. I love that type of food and all types of fish especially .

I do have a great Madhur Jaffrey recipe i really love for Salmon in a Bengali Mustard sauce . (dont know if we can post links but its easily googled) . Its low carb and yum ( obvs no rice though! ) I would use green beans cauliflower or courgette instead

• posted by Laska
    on

Toby I find fizzy water with lots of ice and lemon means that i feel that i have a ‘drink’ ( and curbs any ‘wine’ cravings, a bit of a potential downfall for me ) .. I Haven’t found it to be a problem in the past when doing this WOE ..

I also gulp (lots) of real organic black coffee in the morning when fasting and mint or green tea later on .. My favourite tea at the moment is Pukka ‘Cleanse’ tea.. apart from the name .. its actually really nice!

• posted by toby101
    on

Laska, that is exactly what I find – it is my “relaxation mode” in the evening instead of wine. The addition of ice and lemon (or lime if I am feeling fly) is key to this.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Toby101, I try to save around 50 to 100 cals for a snack in the evening. This also helps prevent the dawn phenomenon causing raised morning blood sugars. Yesterday I had an omelette for dinner and cut off a small wedge to eat later and to me it always tastes better cold, meant I didn’t have to use any additional calories as I had already calculated as my dinner.

End of second day, start of day 3 and another drop in weight. BG up a little but still within normal and, of course, that is my main aim to reduce, not after Christmas festivities but from eating some stupid bread when I was starving and couldn’t find anything else in the house (NY Day shops shut). It is going down alongside the weight.

Today I have had poached egg with grilled mushrooms, lunch of avocado and bacon lettuce cups and will be making harissa chicken with cauli rice for tonight.

I have got my mojo back so keep on keeping on…

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. Good to see so much enthusiasm out there! I’m now on day 3 and sticking at it. For this stage I am really concentrating on drinking enough water – which I always find a challenge. Thank you Laska for the Madhur Jaffrey recipe – it looks delicious! Tonight will be a chicken and chorizo stew, and I’ll use the oven to roast the mince for an aubergine-based lasagne tomorrow (at least I learned one thing from Tom Kerridge last night…). Wishing every one lots of success this week.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hello All, trying my hardest to post every day.

What a great bunch we are – lots of positivity and I am going to adopt the word ‘zonkdom’ and try and use it every day. I do drink fizzy water occasionally but have never found it increases my appetite – probably because I mostly have it with a meal.

I am slowly getting over the shock of low carbing for three days – my body has been protesting and yesterday I had a thumping head and was really tired – today I feel much better but still not 100% so I look forward to an end of week boost. Been walking today at lunchtime, so it’s all going well. Just wish I hadn’t attacked the cheese last night after dinner!! Still – it’s gone now!

KOKO

TC xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love that there is so much positivity here and have enjoyed reading how everyone is getting on.

Bit miffed this morning, with a 0.4lb increase despite being under on both cals and carbs for the last two days – overall still a loss on start weight though, so not getting stresses. It’s just one of those day to day fluctuations I’m sure and at some point there will be better scales reading. Have found it quite easy to slip back into the 800/20 and 16:8 regimes and am managing to keep hydration up too.

Happy to be back on the BSD proper and it’s making me think more carefully about what I’m eating, which in turn means I’m choosing a wider variety of foods again. Haven’t decided on dinner this evening, but it will be either lamb chops or steak. Had some of the veg and stilton soup I made yesterday, for lunch again today.

Keep going and keep posting everyone.

• posted by WilLuck
    on

I’m in, started in the 2nd to allow for a birthday party in NYC… I know who has a bday party on new years day. I last committed at the turn of the year 17, and lost 13kg in a few months. I kept at it for a while without being too strict. Felt great, bought new suits as I dropped a waist size, but then got complacent. Put 7 kg back on and just felt silly for doing it.

So here goes. Early days, but thanks to everyone for sharing and supporting.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Well I had a ‘perfect’ BSD day yesterday; low calories and carbs, lots of water, gentle exercise. And I gained 0.2 kg! I think that’s about the same as your 0.4lb, SunnyB! I think I might be retaining some water because I got a bit sunburned yesterday at the zoo despite sunscreen and hat (I’m very fair). But I’ve gained two days in a row. I admit I was expecting a big loss in my first week, not this wobbling. Regardless, I’ll just keep going and know the weight has got to go sometime on this level of calorie intake.

• posted by zolou
    on

TC, I’m pleased to say the zonkdom is behind me now! At least the cheese won’t have messed up your blood sugar hormones, so hopefully you won’t have another withdrawal to go through.

Feeling heaps better today – still a bit blurry around the edges, but no problem with hunger (skipped breakfast which may have helped) and walked miles. First week done! Had the veg curry and cauli rice – everyone in the family enjoyed it. Also served up the egg and smoked salmon stacks at lunch and DH said it was a real treat.

I’m not diabetic or pre- as far as I know, but do have a hiatus hernia, which behaves much better if I’m not overweight, so that’s my motivation. This diet is perfect for me, because of the portion control as well as the macro balance. Sugar can be a factor in weakening the sphincter apparently, and those low-fat diets I’ve been on in the past where you can eat masses of volume can’t have helped.

Mmm SunnyB, lamb chops or steak, good plan, hope you enjoyed and that your scales fall back into line.

• posted by Mrs getting there
    on

Hi everyone, I’ve managed to take back some control of my eating habits and have amazingly not found it too hard (even resisted freshly baked biscuits that I made with the kids)! I’m weighing myself every morning at the moment which is motivating me so much as I’ve lost everyday but I’m aware my losses will slow down and i need to remind myself not to suddenly become disheartened and undo the good work. Everyone is so supportive on this thread and it’s lovely reading all your posts 😊keep it up bsders

• posted by Antigone
    on

You’re all so positive and doing so well!
    I read a post this morning that mentioned ‘carb flu’ and it has played on my mind resulting in a bit of a lapse (wine and cheese) – I’m still under 800 calories but not very healthy. I tend to overdo it when I start and I know that can lead to over compensation but I have prematurely over compensated (POC) this time lol! Positive news I can feel that my tightest jeans are looser yay!
    Loved Laska’s posts – sums it up for many of us I think. Well done MrsGettingthere with the biscuits! Natalie, SUNBURNED!, ha! not likely in my part of France any time soon.

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hi Laska I have mint as well and it’s my fake Mohito. I did add sweetener and 1/2 nip of Bacardi over the holidays but I’m back to the basic mint soda lime and ice now. With our hot weather I make a long glass and continually top it up. Works a treat as my fake cocktail in the evening. Best wishes

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Great to read all the updates. I’m still on plan. Forgot about the headaches early on in this woe. I must be doing something right as I got a banging headache earlier today. Also this is the first day in a long time that I got through a 2 litre bottle of water. That used to be so easy to do. I did it. I’m feeling better. Hopefully the scales will show some movement shortly too. I’m back to skipping breakfast. Just coffee until 1ish when I had berries, yogurt and a homemade seed mix sprinkled on top. Dinner was mediterranean chicken. Continued success everyone!

• posted by WilLuck
    on

I didn’t know headaches were a side effect, is that because of the low calories?? It’s the drinking that I’ve found the challenge with. Work functions all the time is simply a test of will power, but I’ll get better at it.

If you do indulge in alcohol, what is the least ‘evil’ on BSD?

• posted by alliecat
    on

No, WilLuck, the headache is a withdrawal symptom from simple carbs
    and sugar! It generally is short lived, so you just have to power through
    it. Keep really hydrated, and add a little salt to your diet. Both will help!
    Alcohol causes fluid retention, so it’s not generally accepted on the Fast800.
    Folks doing a simple Mediterranean diet are allowed red wine I believe,
    but I’m not certain of that. In any case, alcohol will slow down your
    rate of weight loss.
    Best of luck to you 🙂
    Allie

• posted by Natalie
    on

I haven’t had any headaches but then I’ve been drinking copious amounts of fluids. 13 glasses today, I need to stop or I’ll be up all night!

• posted by Laska
    on

Milah in Mint is a great idea.. Basil and cucumber is also good.. its the weekend.. i need to go get lemons and limes! .. i did look at that ‘Trust me I am a Doctor’ programme on fizzy drinks/ fizzy water last night.. I do drink it, but the evidence is interesting… even the tendency to e want to eat 140 more cal a day (which is i think what they suggested was the result of fizzy water) adds up on this WOE . So as I am not that worried about the fizziness of what i drink I am now going to start just having plain water with ice lemon etc etc ..

Am slightly miffed because .5lb is back again.. Wah! (but i know it fluctuates, depending on time of day water etc.. 🙂 I am on the right path again, I know it .

Salmon and prawn courgetti for me tonight.. pasta for them.. ill have to cook the sauce separately
    Nothing eaten so far today I will have a couple of eggs in a up with butter in an hour or so ..

on

Got up this morning thinking I couldn’t possibly have lost any more and whoooo I have. I know that it is about time for my body to consolidate so might not have a loss tomorrow but at least I will be expecting that. Just feeling so good and glad to be back in control. Did 50 mins aerobics this morning and hoping to fit in some arm weights while watching TV and some yoga in between aerobic days as I want to gain some flexibility and strength.

Have a good day every one and keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see everyone still posting. Well done on another loss SG and don’t panic about that small blip upwards Laska, stick with it and you’ll probably find that’s gone again tomorrow.

Nick, Allie is right that alcohol is a no no on the Fast 800, but then I think quite a few of us have the occasional transgression and had the odd drink but taken the cals and carbs into account on our daily records. Red wine is possibly the least damaging I think, or a small spirit, trouble is there is always that temptation to have more once you’ve had the one. Guess it depends how well you feel you can manage the temptations. I personally always find alcohol really impedes my weight loss, so I’d advise avoiding having that drink if you can, especially early on.

Scales were kind today and the blip upwards has gone along with a little more. I’m hoping I can consolidate that in the next couple of days and have a good result to report at the first week weigh in on Tuesday. Have a good w/e everyone.

• posted by lornajacobs
    on

Hi, I am new to this group-well , I think I joined some months ago, but have not interacted at all before. In theory I started my 8 weeks on Tuesday, that was when I was committed to start, but I have actually been in bed with flu since Tuesday morning, so I am not sure what I have been eating, other than- not a lot, and all prepared by my other half, armed with the original book and 4 week diet plans. He just cooked a version of halloumi salad with courgettes, which I think is the Friday lunch,which was fine. Just hoping I feel better soon, as my level of exercise at the moment is getting showered then dressers, then knackered and back to bed! Currently at 210 lbs. Really hoping to stick to it and lose at least 2 stone.

• posted by Clare07866
    on

Hello all, I’ve been lurking in the background all week soaking up all the tips and advice. I restarted the diet on Tuesday after rather a long break (May) and having regained all I had lost 😮

As for the diet so far so good, I remember feeling much worse on the first week last time so maybe better prepared mentally this time. However my downfall has always been weekends. So any tips on how to survive my first weekend low carb and alcohol free without caving in and eating rubbish?

Also how often do you guys weigh in? I’m thinking weekly but the temptation got the better of me and I jumped on them today! 7.5lb lost though so very pleased with that. 🙂

on

Oh lornajacobs, bless your hubby for looking after you and taking your diet into consideration and you too for still being on this. Hope you get well soon.

Clare07866 – welcome and stop lurking, we dont bite, in fact we hardly eat at all – joke. Make sure you have no rubbish around in the house (unless you have little ones). As for the will power thing, I try to plan delicious tasty meals and only eat at mealtimes, sat down at the table and savour every mouthful. As for the alcohol, I always have a full glass of water on my side table and it fill it back up as soon as it is empty and I really enjoy the taste. You could add some mint and cucumber and pretend you are enjoying a cocktail. Weighing is a daily event for me and keeps me motivated as there is usually some downward movement at least every other day. We officially admit would weight every Tuesday on this thread. Good or bad.

You will get lots of support here. Good luck to you both.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What is about weekends that triggers the carby eating, Clare? Is it social occasions or private rituals like cocktails or mimosas for brunch or not wanting to cook so you order a lot of takeout? If we can eliminate some of those triggers, we can set you up for success. There’s nothing inherent in the days of the week that makes Saturdays and Sundays ideal for scoffing bread and sugary alcoholic beverages. It’s just a habit, and habits can be broken. 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Clare and Lorna, a very warm welcome to both of you! I understand that
    it can be a bit overwhelming to just “jump in”, but it’s the best way to get to
    know this generous and very knowledgeable community, and for us to get
    to know you 🙂 Sunny’s excellent reply reminded me that it might be time
    again to share my experience with the effect alcohol had on my weight loss
    journey. This is purely anecdotal, but very indicative of why I went “dry”
    during that 10 month period. Six months in I made a “mindful” decision to
    enjoy wine with no restrictions at a holiday celebration, after forgoing it
    for so many months. On that occasion, I ate only BSD friendly food, and
    probably came in well under the allowable calories for that day. Prior
    to this I had been losing a very consistent 3-3.5 lbs. a week. Following
    the festivities, my weight had jumped by 1.5 lbs, and it took an entire
    week to lose it. I repeated the exercise on Christmas eve, with exactly
    the same result. Basically, 2 weeks with no progress. Fortunately that
    was enough for me, my body and I got the message! For me, like Sunny,
    wine is an impediment to weight loss. As we maintainers all have learned,
    it’s not about the calories or logging them into our journals, but that not
    all calories are created equal. The theory of calories in, calories out, as
    well as the low fat mantra, has finally been kicked to the curb, to the benefit
    of us all!
    Good luck, everyone…Happy to have you here 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by topcac
    on

Afternoon everyone and thank you to all our posters today. It looks like it’s a bit of an up and down week so far but so much positivity which is great and I know that those ups are only slight blips and so much depends on water weight, what you ate yesterday – as long as the underlying trend is downwards, do not feel downhearted – I know – preaching to the converted.

My carb flu has subsided significantly and when I jumped on the scales this morning it was evident that the fat burning has kicked in with another loss so I am delighted.

Clare07866, I am totally with you on the weekend thing. My weekends tend to be all or nothing, if I have no social plans to speak of I can just have two large-ish meals and be happy with that. However, if we are entertaining or being entertained, I always seem to fall off the wagon, be it the crisps before the meal, bread or booze. SO…for the next 8 weeks I’m keeping it simple and have kept social occasions to the minimum. I know what my triggers are so I am going to avoid them if at all possible until I am mentally fit enough to resist.

Park Run tomorrow – my first official one – actually looking forward to doing it. Followed by a big breakfast – egg, bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, spinach – it’s in the recipe book – delicious!

Happy weekending all – speak soon x

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Hi all
    So my headache disappeared this morning. All good there. 2 litres of water today so very happy with that. No brekkie just coffee. Had omelette made in the microwave at work today. It was OK. Dinner was chicken stirfry.
    I too often find weekends tough but my tactic to replace Friday night glass of wine is to drink a sparkling water out of my favourite wine glass. Also whilst I manage without breakfast Mon-Fri I find weekends harder. My tactic is brunch around 12. Dinner around 5. I also enjoy cooking at the weekend to be prepared for during the week. I have made a concious effort to be less sociable during January. Saying no when I may have said yes in the past. I have a busy February but January I hope to have laid down a routine to carry me forward.
    Thanks for all the posts.

• posted by Cameron2337
    on

Very disappointed with myself following a blow out day yesterday.I had started on Tuesday full of beans but last night gave into temptation and blew out my 800 calories for the day following my dinner. I was good during the day and even managed to walk 17kms during the course of the day ( 18 holes of golf in the morning and mowed lawns in afternoon). Following dinner I had a craving for Nutswhich I had followed by frozen berries and finally some small bits of chocolate. All the hard work out the window due to some poor decisions. Oh well saddle up again this morning and see what today brings and try and be more diligent

• posted by Natalie
    on

After a slow start to the week and two days in a row of small gains, I dropped a kg overnight so yay! Fist pump. Muppet dance. This is the lightest I’ve been for many years.

Doodledootoo I’m glad your headache has gone. Hopefully you’re past any carb flu now, as long as you keep your water levels up.

• posted by WilLuck
    on

Great to hear people staying positive even when they are finding it challenging. Well done Natalie love a muppet dance!

I’ve been dreading the weekend as it’s always the hardest time. But I’m through the Friday night clock off which is my biggest trigger for a tipple.

I had the salmon 3 ways from the cook book, the dill crusted one which was great. I’m lucky my other half is at home and a whiz in the kitchen.

I’ve been skipping breakfast as I always have and just having miso soup for lunch with plenty of water during the day. Then having a full meal in the evening from the recipe book. I am just curious if anyone else does that, have just one meal in the day, and has it worked for you?

• posted by JulesP
    on

Hi WilLuck, I have just one meal a day most days, occasionally two. I find it works beautifully for me as I get a lovely substantial meal plus all the benefits of intermittent fasting. I don’t like breakfast so just gradually pushed my lunch later and later until it became dinner. This along with keeping carbs under 20g and cals around 800 has helped me lose weight easier than ever before. Well done surviving the Friday night clock off!

• posted by zolou
    on

Cameron2337, that sounds like a very modest blow-out, and after walking 17K you’d have to have been superhuman to resist a few extra calories. It sounds like you’re doing great. Be gentle with your poor ol’ self! I know it’s frustrating when you worked hard all day to keep things in check but then feel like you didn’t get to bank the rewards. Well done for getting back on the horse.

Well done Natalie, I had stalled for 2 days and then 1.6lb down this morning, so feeling good too – those scales are funny things!

• posted by marie123
    on

I’m on the 4 week challenge, but have decided I need to ‘re-boot’ so will jump on here, too; late but not too late, I hope.

I’m currently upping my calories by 50 cals per week from 800 to 1000 (850 this week) where I’ll stick for the rest of this challenge (as long as I’m still losing). I’ll keep my carbs <20g. I have about 1- 1 1/2 stone to lose so figure if I can get back to basics, get my head down and push on I’ll get there by Spring. The next two months on here will be a great start.

Mentally, I’m going to go back to the beginning of BSD. This time round I’m going to step it up a gear – keep my hydration levels up, increase the fibre, and make sure there’s plenty of food variety. My main focus will be on ‘bedding in’ this way of life – both eating and activity – so that it’s sustainable long-term.

I weighed in on Tuesday at 10 stone 2lb. My target is to lose 9lb to get to 9 stone 7lb by the end of this challenge.

I know what I need to do so no messing about now – I’m just going to do it.

Go well everyone.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

You’ll be ok marie123. You are focused and determined and it makes a difference when you’re all fired up. 10st 2 is good (I’m just behind at 10st 3 and a quarter) don’t forget the quarter!

Had the cod and chorizo parcel last night, really yummy. Chicken tonight. Not sure what with yet, but it’ll be tasty.

Keep on Marie you’re doing great

on

Started day 5 with another weight loss. What can be more motivating than that. Really determined and feeling great.

• posted by lornajacobs
    on

Feeling marginally better this morning,, but still in bed snuffling. Weighed in this morning and found I lost more than 1pound yesterday, which is encouraging. Somehow need to last today eating to plan while still not up to cooking anything. Darling Husband also feeling rubbish today, so he won’t be cooking either. Carbs are so much easier for a quick bite- a piece of toast with peanut butter would be so much easier than , for example an omelette, but I will try to stay upright long enough to cook the omelette. Dinner tonight and cooking a piece of chicken will be more challenging!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Well done sunshine girl! Nothing like a drop, however small to give you a boost. Hope you feel back to normal soon lornajacobs. Keep on keeping on x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic Cameron, my guess is that you minor ‘blow-out’ will probably not impact on your weight loss at all – especially given the exercise you got is as well. Sorry to hear you’re still struggling with the ‘flu lornajacobs, hope you and your OH will soon be feeling A1 again.

My headache yesterday was definitely migraine and I ended up in bed just after 15.00 yesterday afternoon. Feeling fine today I’m pleased to say. Weigh in this morning was positive, in that they read the same as yesterday, so nothing lost but nothing gained, which in my book is a plus.

Bit behind on hydration today at the moment, so I need to get out to the kitchen and make a drink – NOW!!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. Just to say that on Day 5 I “logged” my fifth loss in a row. Very pleased. I’m trying to prepare mentally for a slow-down, but enjoying my weight graph thus far. Red cabbage coleslaw for lunch was delicious. And I really don’t miss all the white carbs (well hardly).

I’ve just finished reading recent posts on all the fora, and must have laughed out loud at least three or four times – Esnecca’s dragon analogy, husband’s wandering feet ….for soap, and the myths or not of a thigh gap. What a lovely site to be part of, in addition to excellent advice and support. Onwards and downwards to the first weigh-in!

• posted by Laska
    on

After yesterdays .5 ‘gain’ I was amazed this morning to be 3 whole lbs down! ..making 12.7.5. ..
    However i woke really thirsty and weighed myself before i had drank anything!…
    if its not all still there tomorrow i wont be demotivated.. day 4 and its definitely going in the right direction..

I also must praise Myself (!!) for last nights supper..!!
    (this was for 4 people!! ) I chopped a couple of spring onions garlic and grated a courgette, stir fried those in smidge of butter, then added 2 tablespoons of sour cream and half a packet of prawns to the mix along with some pesto.. Then pan fried a couple of halved salmon steaks skin side down (in just a touch of olive oil so they didn’t stick) and steamed some broccoli to add to mix. .. Served it with a big portion of the broccoli for me (and on pasta for the others) … A bit of chili pepper squeeze of lime . Le Yum!! ..

So far today i have had 2 eggs cooked in a cup with a little butter and a small slice of home cooked gammon (brunch). Tonight I have a chicken roasting . I will serve with cauliflower and courgette for me and with carrots peas and potatoes for the others .

last night i drank a Seedlip (zero cals!/carbs! ,Seedlip garden is the one i like ) Has any one else tried this? ,its really good but expensive sadly.. , with Feverfew naturally light tonic with lots of ice , so 34cals all told .. and like a G&T! I’ll have another tonight.. but other than that was just water and lime..

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Love the sound of that creamy salmon dish, Laska and well done on that great scales result too. I’ve see Seedlip in the supermarket, but never tried it, but it sounds like it’s quite palatable so I might have to give it a go sometime. Broccoli is probably my fav veg and I often use instead of pasta when I’m doing a pasta dish for OH.

• posted by Mrs getting there
    on

Hi everyone, think I’m just about caught up with the posts now. I really look forward to relaxing in bed and reading up on everyone’s progress/journey. Im really happy with how it’s going, I’m managing to stay within 800 cals, I’m always under 50grams of carbs and I’m really happy with the direction my scales are heading. But……does anyone have any tips to reduce fasting blood sugars or experiences that may help me. They’re currently ranging from 7.4-7.6 and I’m just curious if there is something j should be avoiding/incressing to help improve them. My post meal results are always within normal range. I’ve got 4 young children and a good night’s sleep is something I remember fondly but never get and I did wonder if that was possibily contributing???? Thank you in advance good luck everyone and sorry for writing a novel! ☺

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Good morning or evening all

I’m down 3lbs from my start weight last week. Very excited about that. I stood on the scales 3 times to make sure that was real. Then I moved the scales to see if that made a difference. It didn’t! 4 more to go to get to the 10’s which is my first goal.

These forums help me so much.

I’ve never logged on MFP or Fatsecret ever as I follow med principles. Just wondering what people would recommend? I’m based in Ireland so what normally works for UK the best would probably be good for me! Your help would be appreciated.

• posted by WilLuck
    on

Just a quick thanks to Jules and to all the support on here.

The weekends are always the toughest for me, so much time just me and the family and always so close to the fridge… Workdays are easy by comparison as the days fly by with meetings and what not.

Went slightly over calories yesterday at about 1000 but the chicken my other half cooked was so nice.

I find some of the meals in the cookbook are much more ‘kinder’ when you have another portion – like the kedgeree and the stir frys, in terms of calories and carb intake. So in a week day if I’ve had nothing all day I can have a larger portion for dinner. Anyone else have some go to dishes that are good when you want to have a full plate but not blow out the carb or calorie intake?

Not sure if that’s made sense, but hopefully you can get the gist.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Morning all. To those frustrated by fickle scales….hang in there. Last week I lost 2 lbs…this week 4.5 EATING NEARLY THE SAME THING with the same calories and same carbs.

Its nuts how the pounds drop off…nothing logical or mathmatical about it. Just be patient and have confidence that if you are eating right and keeping carb low (under 50 carbs may do it for those new to low carb…under 20 may be needed for those that have yo yo dieted a lot in the past with damaged metabolisms like me). I have even had overdue weight loss ( or gains from overeating) show up 2 wks after I expected it.

Congratulations to all of you rebooting and those just starting for committing to the diet. It does work. I am now down 44.5 lbs overall and can hardly believe it after years and years of stalled and plateaued diets.

on

Well done on the 44.5lbs luvtocook, I had another good day with no weekend disasters. My weight is the same as yesterday but there always comes a point when the scales dont move, will do tomorrow as my calories for the day are coming in at 750 including all snacks. BG is still a bit high at 6.0 but, hey ho that is still within normal but a little too high for me as I have had to increases my insulin. Slowly, slowly over the holiday period I have gone from 24 units to 29 last night. I want that back down to 24 by the end of the 8 weeks.

I know I can do this as I love the way I am feeling about myself and keep thinking about that evening dress for our 25th anniversary the first full night on the cruise.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.