8 week Fast 800 'reboot' starting 2 January 2018

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Hot damn, LTC, you are doing phenomenally well. What a fantastic accomplishment crossing the boundary line into the 100s. I refused to tell my OH my weight until it started with a one. I warned him up front that I was going to avoid all totals and only mentioned weekly figures on occasion when they were particularly good. When that first digit flipped to a one, I hollered at him to run over to the scale. It was such a great moment, a true liberation milestone. I have a picture of myself OH took that day entirely coincidentally to show my mom and bff my new running shoes. My mother’s reply to my email was “Nice shoes. Who’s that lady wearing them?” 😀

Congratulations! After all those dress sizes cluttering up your closet and years of frustrating stalls, you have cracked your body’s code and know for a fact that you can achieve goals that once seemed impossible. Let that joy suffuse you and revel in your glorious success. Not one step backwards!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m sorry celebrations of you have become such a minefield, sunshine-girl. I wish friends and family would keep your dietary needs in the forefront of their mind, especially when they’re planning events that are supposed to be happy in your honor! It took a lot of work, many conversations, a trip to Italy and a rather sharp Thanksgiving exchange about potatoes before my parents took that me seriously instead of pushing the “oh just make an exception this time” line. People can’t seem to wrap their heads around these issues, even when there’s real danger to your health.

The good news is you will turn this around. You know what to do and you’ve done it before. You will get right back on the horse and charge your blood sugars until they’re quaking in their boots. 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh, LTC, Essie and I understand what this day means to you! I knew it was approaching, then you had a plateau
    to test your mettle…Now, here you are!!! It fills my heart with joy to share your success 🙂 🙂 🙂 I always knew you
    had the power within, based on the way you found the maintainers here right off the bat, and asked questions of
    us all. The remainder of your weight will be sent packing, too! We will all be along for the ride. Huge congratulations!
    You’ve earned it. Yep, 800cal/20carbs is the winning combination for us Yanks, no doubt about it.

xxx
    Allie

• posted by Laska
    on

Brilliant LTC !! .. 50 lbs is amazing .
    Happy Birthday Sunshine girl.. have a great one and just get back on straight after.
    I was supposed to be goingg out to lunch todaywith work mate but remembered tomorrow is Wi day! (am going tomorrow instead …)

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Many thanks to you and Essie, and to Theo, Sunny, ClarinetCathy as well. Someday you all just need to start a new post that is nothing but success stories so that newbies can find it easily and know that this WOL is not just successful for the rare few, but really works for anybody willing to give it a go.

And you ladies are proof that you can keep it off! Maybe that is the most miraculous part of it all. No more Biggest Loser slide right back into the big black hole. Keeping it off is the true gem. You folks are leading the way.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

thanks you for your good wishes. I cannot blame anyone else for my downfall. In my favour I can say that I have not had any bad carbs, just a few too many glasses of wine, always my weakness. When we go out for our meal I will eat mindfully and might have half of the bread roll, a couple of chips and will order a dessert but will only have a taste. I can report that my BG has been steady at around 4.2 and tonight I reduced my insulin yet again. So, besides vanity and wanting to be slimmer I am meeting my main objective. I am back on plan today, will have a break for Wednesday lunch and be straight back on Wednesday evening (probably wont want to eat anything).

One other thing, picked up the Mail on Sunday today (only paper we can get here) and there is an article by Prof Roy Taylor on the BSD along with another Prof. with MM endorsing it. Interesting that it is the real deal by the profs.

• posted by Flick
    on

Luvtcook – I just have to join the chorus celebrating your big achievement! Well done. You are always so generous with your ideas and knowledge, often getting us iver feeling drab about food choices. It’s such a pleasure sharing this with you.

• posted by Verano
    on

LTC as SunnyB says that really is a sad thought, especially if they fit into my old clothes!!!

So s-g things aren’t nearly as bad as you first said. Looking at the positives your BG is still steady and low and you are still managing to reduce your insulin, the whole object of the exercise, you haven’t, and don’t intend to, ‘pig’ out so don’t beat yourself up for being ‘human’. You know what you have to do so enjoy with moderation! Yes I saw the article must post it on the Take a look thread.

So to this week just half a pound loss for me but it has been a week of rethinking my plan so I’m really hoping to report a better loss next week. Hope you all had a good week and that the next one is better still.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Good morning girls and happy Tuesday. My scales only seem to be measuring 10 st 3 and a quarter OR 10 st 2 and a half! This week it’s the turn of 10 st 2 and a half. We are going away at weekend and I wanted to be under 10st by then 😏 but don’t think it’s going to happen. I’ve got rid of the lurgy properly now so that’s a good start.

Well done to you LTC that’s amazing and I’m so pleased for you. Bonne anniversaire to you sunshine girl (hope that’s right). It’s a long time since I did French, I’m 65 too. I may not post next week as don’t know whether we’ll have WiFi or TV in deepest Dorset in a motorhome, not France as originally intended. Thought 5 days wasn’t long enough in la belle France. Still well enjoy the break and daughter and hubby are moving in to look after mum so we’ll have peace of mind too. First time in motorhome since early last year so really looking forward to it. Lots of walking along sea front Poole – Bournemouth and back and through Wareham forest. Can’t wait!

Good luck to everyone and hope you get your results and if not it will be ok. Just keep on keeping on 😘

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see some losses being posted again this week. Remember, any loss is a plus, so celebrate that half pound, V.

My loss appears to be a reasonable one at 1.4lb on this time last week, however, current weight is still up by 0.2lb on this time two weeks ago. Keep flip-flopping over the same couple of pounds, which is getting a bit tedious. Like you Verano, think I should be having a rethink of my approach. Frustratingly still not managed to push below 8st, but not panicking about it – still have 10 weeks to our next long break in Turkey, so time to work on it – even if it is in baby steps.

Have a lovely time in Dorset, Tillybud. Hope the weather warms up a bit for you and it stays dry for your seafront walks.

Hope there will be lots more losses posted this week and another good batch next week as well – have a good week everyone.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Thanks SunnyB I’ll certainly have a good go at enjoying the break! Fully intend to have some wine and will face the consequences when I get back. Will call and see our lovely granddaughters aged 3 and 17months for a couple of days. Haven’t seen them since Christmas so that will be lovely. Isn’t it funny how we lose the same weight over and over. I’m waiting for mine to get fed of coming and going and bugger off for good! Oh well perhaps not next week. Maybe a whoosh the week after! Live in hope.

Kazz:. How’re you’re scales doing? Are they behaving themselves? X

• posted by JGwen
    on

Reporting in, only a 0.9kg loss this week, but its my own fault, 3 out of the 7 days have been over 50g sometimes upto 100 g of carbs each day. – Each time it was only a small change, (Friday I had 1 bottle of cider, Sunday I had to stop about 4 hours into my drive home for something to eat as I was starting to feel unsafe to drive and had a toasted tea cake, Monday without thinking about it I finished off a double portion of cherries) So not really major falls off the wagon and my weight just stayed about the same level rather than dropping.

On the other hand it really has highlighted to me how much my diet has changed. I am sort of tempted to spend a little bit of extra time in the supermarket next week and work out what my carb levels would have been on some ‘normal’ days before starting this WOL.
    Not that I am tempted to go back to the old ways, I was at a conference today for the first time in months and looking at the standard hotel provided buffet lunch ——— it just looked disgusting. Cheese pasty which was cheese sauce and potato chunks. Meat pasty of undeclared species, sandwiches, chips, coleslaw, and wilted lettuce. But thinking about it, this is a 4 star hotel and this is the normal type of spread they are putting out day after day.

• posted by Laska
    on

Hi there well another 2lb off so . – 12st 1.25 . My ‘zero’ was a brief dip.. but I know its just hiding around the corner.. if i can get into the 11s (even just a by a 1/4lb next week I’d be very happy! )

• posted by Laska
    on

oh but JGwen.. 0.9kg is almost 2lbs isn’t it ? , That’s good! especially as you have had 50-100g carbs.. I haven’t had more than 30g a day but still ‘only’ 2lbs off .. I think my body is quite resistant to losing, but I am post menopausal which doesn’t help .

• posted by Milalin
    on

A very inspirational post. Congratulations ulatiins Luvtcook

• posted by Sandy47
    on

Congratulations LTC, fantastic achievement! And happy birthday S-G, enjoy your special day. Just checking in a bit l late this week. Weighed in at 10st 2lb this morning, after being stuck at 10st 7lb until last Wednesday. Can’t believe I’ve lost 5lbs in a week! Have stuck to plan rigidly though, but a bit puzzled as to what happened with my plateau to be honest. For lunch last Wednesday I was so fed up with seeing the same numbers, I thought I’d eat a chicken sandwich, as I wanted to see how my body reacted if I started introducing small amounts of wholemeal bread. Didn’t seem to wake the carb monster and felt perfectly fine. Also seemed to ‘restart’ my weight loss, and have lost steadily every day since. Not planning on going back to old habits at all, but would be interested to hear any similar experiences. Goal of getting to 10st by end of this challenge well within reach – might even make it to top of my healthy weight range (9st 11lb)…thanks for posting everyone x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sunshine-girl, just a very quick drive by to wish you a very happy birthday!! I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed
    the celebrations today 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

• posted by caronl
    on

Hello all. A late check-in since have been away. First of all, many congratulations LTC for a fantastic milestone, and to all of us for losing/staying on track/getting back on track. I hope your birthday went well Sunshine-girl, and congrats to JGwen, Sandy47, Verona, SunnyB and Laska for continuing losses. Sorry if I miss anyone out! Has our group shrunk in numbers as well as kilos? Feels like it.

I weigh in this week at 77.6 – down 0.9 kg I think on last week and 5.5kg since beginning this reboot. It may be a false low, since I ate very little yesterday while travelling, but I report it anyway. I have just realised that I am now over 2 stone off since beginning BSD in October. Yeah!! Still have 76 in my sights for the end of the reboot. Very best wishes for you all this week.

on

Hi there, still here but not mentioning my weight. Thank you for all your good wishes. Actually I feel bloody awful, bloated and upset stomach all for a bit of bread. Straight back on plan and hoping I will get a whoosh by Tuesday especially as my tummy is gip.

on

Good morning, have you all disappeared. I can report an immediate 1lb weight loss but I have had a very upset stomach. On my birthday I had 2 small slices of bread, a small portion of dauphinoise potato, a poire belle Helene which was pear with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and then in the evening I decided to have something I had been craving after – a crust of seven seeds bread toasted. Next day I have the runs, anyone see a connection here. I have gone without starchy carbs for so long I dont think my body can tolerate them any more, especially when I have 3 or 4 portions in one day. I wont be doing that again. Blood glucose was up to 5.8 for one day and now back down to 5.3 with no adjustment to insulin. I am now down to 24 units each night. Happy to be back on the plan and looking forward to the next 3 and a bit weeks. I can still lose the 10lb I promised myself at the start.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh bless you sunshine girl. Sorry to hear about your upset system.. maybe it is the carbs or maybe just bad luck, but you know your body better than anyone. I haven’t lost anymore, think the scales are stuck. Won’t lose any next week as away in motorhome but …. Just watch me the week after! Whoosh!! 😬🤐 In my dreams xx good luck everyone with the weigh in on Tuesday x hope you enjoyed your birthday too🕯️🕯️🕯️

• posted by Laska
    on

Tilly am envious of motorhome.We have motorhome plan and have been saving for several years .. maybe next year!.

Am fed up ,I know I have been losing but its week 5 and i really hoped I’d be a stone off by now (am 10.25bs down).. .I have had hardly any carbs except some pulses and veg and a small bit of dark choc (no bread/rice pots or pasta at all ) have pretty much stuck to 800 every day ..have not had a drink since new year either except I small G& slimline T .. .. I lost much faster last time. and i know I am just impatient ..

I really feel like saying F it for this weekend ..and have some wine and then start again with a Sunday 500c fast ..

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi sunshine-girl – yes some of us are still here! I hope your system settles quickly, and good luck with getting back on track. Laska keep hanging in there. You know it works. Nothing (not even really good wine) tastes as good as success……

on

Thanks Caronl, I am a bit better but still spending time in the loo. Laska, just come on to say dont f— it up over the weekend. I should know, I had my birthday coming up but also came off the dry January for the weekend – gained nearly 3lbs. Of course you are not losing as quickly, like me you have been on a diet for longer than this last 5 weeks, your body didn’t have the 5lbs of water to lose in week one but at least you know what you are losing is FAT. Keep on keeping on… (maybe I should listen to myself too). Have a good weekend.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Oh Laska I can thoroughly recommend motorhoming! We have been to France several times each year for 4, 5, 6 weeks at a time although curbed now because we look after my 95 year old mum who lives with us.

We could only afford one by selling our house and mum’s house in Lancashire and buying together in Northamptonshire ( our daughter lives here and about to be grandparents ……. we’ve been here 6 years. Love it but miss the Lancashire coast! Spent most of our lives in Manchester ( you can take the girl out of Manchester but you can’t take Manchester out of the girl!)

Moho has been well used and well loved and thanks to daughter and hubby coming to stay here for a week we can go and see son, daughter in law and their two for a few days otherwise everyone has to come here. This way I get a rest! Can’t wait, and I fully intend to partake of a wine or two and face the consequences when I get back.

Love to all.

on

Another day on the downward slope so only 1.5lb to get back to what I was last week. Shame I had to mess it up but if it teaches me a lesson then all well and good. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Don’t be too hard on yourself s-g. You’ll be reet soon enough…. Take heart x

• posted by Laska
    on

Well i did cave .. had a couple of glasses last night ..and I think i will be tonight also.. scales this morning actually down a smidge..

egg /ham omlette for breakfast and fish and roasted l/c veggies for dinner today . Tomorrow going to parents and they cooking roast chicken lunchtime but i wont be having any potatoes.. I do know what you are saying but ….. am doing it anyway!..

Ill be back on it Monday with renewed vigour there wil be no wine tomorrow . parents dont drink and im be driving anyway .. but I think i do just need a couple of days being a bit lax..

• posted by Laska
    on

Tilly we are going to a motorhome place tomorrow on way to parents.! We are still ‘only looking’ though!

• posted by Tillybud
    on

Woohoo Laska! Happy viewing! X

• posted by Natalie
    on

Hi everyone, quick update on me, I’ve been down with a nasty flu for two weeks now. Just when I thought I was better I got worse again and husband and daughter down with it too. Husband sneezed so much he pulled a muscle in his back and could hardly move for three days. Every time I think I’m getting better I get the next symptom; currently full of snot and sore throat. At least I’m not aching all over any more!

I haven’t been eating well or drinking anywhere near enough, with everyone sick there has been too much toast and even 2-minute noodles. Of course my weight has popped up a bit but I’m not worrying about that right now, I’ll deal with that later.

I’ve only glanced over the forums, I hope everyone is doing well.

on

Hi Natalie, hope you are finally feeling better. Give your body a chance to heal then worry about the diet. I have been getting rather grumpy with people starting this diet. I have spent 21 months of trying my best to do 800 calories, especially in either 4 week or 8 week bursts but always without the carbs and I am 18 lbs lighter than when I started and my HbA1c is down from 8.2 to 5.6 so I think I am still doing pretty well. What is making me grumpy – some new postings – hi, I want to do the diet but I need to eat 1600 cals cos I exercise, hi I want to do the diet but can I still eat scones made with buckwheat flour – and so on. I once would have been generous and said something supportive but you will see from a few posts today I have taken a rather hard line attitude. In the beginning if you are doing the diet then you are doing it. Okay after 21 months I can go off plan a little but never give up on the basic premise of the BLOOD SUGAR DIET. If you think I am being too harsh just tell me to shut up and I will go back to ignoring the posts that annoy me. Little rant over and apologies to anyone I might have upset.

Still getting back to last weeks weight and BG still on the down with insulin reduced again. Have a good rest of the weekend. Bye for now.

Grumpy draws

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi Natalie. Are you in the UK. I have had a cold on and off for 4 months now. After suffering with a sore throat and feeling worse each day I saw the GP on Wednesday. She said it was 50/50 if the antibiotics would work. At first the sore throat went away. But the cough got far worse, during one bout I was battling a nosebleed as well. Then today I have got up with a sore throat again! Apparently, there are some very nasty viruses out there this year and because our systems are low from the first one, we keep catching the next too quickly. Anyway. I feel your pain and hope you and your family recover quickly. I hope this for me too!

Take care.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I don’t think you’re being grumpy at all, s-g. I think you’re being direct and conveying extremely important information. There are a lot of misconceptions about the Fast 800 out there and so many people come to it thinking it’s just a low calorie crash diet even when the whole point of the BSD, something made very clear in the name itself, is to address blood sugar problems by taking drastic action.

I second everything you’ve said. No tone correction whatsoever is necessary, imo.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

SG I second what Esnecca has said. But I also sympathize with those that just can’t yet wrap their head around what it takes to actually lose the weight. I was in the same place before the BSD, trying to make deals with the universe that if I just did this or that surely it would be enough. But it never was. Nothing worked until a full committment to the BSD and 800 cals and 20 carbs. No its not “fair” that others can cruise through life eating buckwheat scones or worse and have it work for them. But we are all here because nothing else worked. And you can tweak the diet all you want but be prepared for it simply to not work as well. Bummer but there you are. They will come around.

If you want to succeed, here is a plan that works. And yes, for those that say 20 carbs is not “officially” part of the diet, you are technically correct. But Michale Mosely was not a post menapausal woman with over 100 lbs to lose that had yo yo dieted for 20 years (read that as a very damaged insulin response).

To Natalie: please be very careful. There have been a record number of deaths this year, many due to pneumonia secondary to the flu. They caution to look out for cases of the flu where the patient starts to get better only to take a turn for the worse. This is a sign that a secondary infection may be taking hold. Please see your MD if you think that this may be the case for you. This is a nasty one….don’t play around with it. Hope you get better soon.

on

Hi agree with you luvtcook, that is why I said I thought I was being a bit harsh and if I have upset anyone on other posts I will apologise. I see there is a place for ‘scones’ but just dont say you are doing BSD 800 calorie low carbs, either find another diet or adjust this one to suit your needs. I guess people are just reaching out and I would normally be very sympathetic it was just that this morning I saw 6 posts in a row saying the same thing. I want to do the diet but I’m not going to follow it. I think I just cracked. I will keep an eye on the posts concerned and try to be more constructive if I get the chance.

Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

As Essie said….your not harsh, just realistic. It cannot be surprising for newbies logging on to a website that has a specific diet plan that they are greeted with a bit of pushback when they try to redesign the diet. I get that they may not be ready to fully embrace what it takes….but be prepared to have the core of the program defended by those that have found it successful when nothing else has been. They can tweak all they want….and we will all be here for them when it doesn’t work and they need help.

You were just trying to save them 3 month of wandering about in the desert before finding the “way”.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Sunshine-girl, those of us who have been around for awhile and post often, understand how frustrating posts
    that indicate little comprehension of “the book” can be. Very gracious of you to add your additional comments 🙂

Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g I must admit my post on the same thread was only a smidgeon kinder, I think! But yes I agree there are posts that I usually ignore because like you, I find them irritating sometimes. Maybe we should start a ‘grumpy old women’s club’ and be done with, then we can rant whenever without upsetting anyone!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, V. I could have used it in the run up to Christmas, and all the posts about “treats”! I did “whig out”
    a bit, I confess 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes Allie …. to treat or not to treat …. that is the question!

• posted by Steadyloser
    on

I started the reboot a week late, after putting back on 12/28 pounds I lost last year 🙁 However, I’ve just read a book called Stick With It, about building/changing habits, and one recommendation is community, so I’m coming out of the shadows after lurking for over a year! I’m 11 pounds down over 5 weeks, hoping for 12 at scales time on Friday, so going to keep myself honest by committing to that from Tuesday – after a weekend of travelling and with a pizza night planned for tomorrow…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Steadyloser – good to have you with us! I joined the forum as soon as I started the BSD back in 2016 and have to say, that if I hadn’t had the lovely people here to spur me on, encourage, cajole and advise, I’d have given up way before getting to the end of the 8weeks and certainly would not have stuck with it long enough to hit my goal and move into maintenance. Now trying to push my weight down by a few more pounds, but not being paranoid about it as I’m maintaining under target weight anyway.

Anyway, this is a safe place to come and vent when things aren’t going well and equally, to celebrate any success no matter how small or even if it’s a non-scales victory. There is always some one willing and able to respond, so be sure to keep posting and feel free to join any thread you feel has relevance to you – I’m confident you’ll get a friendly welcome.

Best wishes to you for quickly reaching your goals and we’ll look forward to reading your posts and keeping up with your progress.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Steadyloser, and a very warm welcome to you 🙂 I didn’t even discover this community until I had lost 140lbs.
    and had started on maintenance, a far more daunting task than weight loss, per se. The sense of community
    can not be overestimated, it makes all the difference! Good luck to you….

Allie

• posted by Laska
    on

No you are not being harsh Sunshine.. I quite agree either commit or dont moan!.

I haven’t been that good this weekend but I haven’t been that bad either . However I do not expect to have lost on Tuesday..(but thats ok ill make sure that i remember that I had sone wine even though I knew .. ).

I went to parents today and have eaten far too much.. but it has all been mostly protein and veg …, just too much of it and carbs ..things like carrots, leeks in white sauce and berries .

SO … 20 carbs,, Luvtocook . I hear you.. I have been averaging 30/35 .. so ill take up the challenge and for this next week I am going to aim for 20 and see how that goes . This will be an interesting experiment

So what am I looking at…? Just v. l/c vegfor my carbs i assume .. cauli ,french beans,greens? ( and no berries and reduce the dairy ) Hmm no natural yoghurt or cheese? … this will be a challenge.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi Laska. I did under 20 gm carbs for 10 months, using 1/2 c greek yogurt and 8 raspberries for breakfast,
    and spinach (greens) or broccoli or other cruciferous veg. for dinner. It is doable 🙂

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Laska, give it a shot for a week and see how many colors of veg and how many different types of preparations you can try to give you variety.

Yes, veg will make up most of your carbs. Grilled zucchini, steamed broccoli with cheese sauce, stir fried green beans with salsa, cauliflower mash, cauliflower rice, oven roasted veg. Lots and lots of ways to go.

I do two meals a day. Have just coffee with cream for “breakfast” and then split the other 700 calories between a big lunch (400 cal) and a slightly lighter dinner (300 cal).

Protien fills in the rest….fish/chicken/ pork/ beef/sausages, and eggs /quiches etc .

With a little effort you will not feel deprived or bored.

Have a great week.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks for the concern, I will keep an eye on myself and my family. My one year old niece is now sick too. My husband Tim had a worrying cough but is ok now. Nonna Mary I’m in Australia but I think a nasty flu is going round here too.

Carbs have always been my comfort food when I’m sick, always had Vegemite toast as a child, but I’m trying to switch over to comforting fluids like chicken soup. I think it’s hard to break the habits of a lifetime.

Weighing in on the strict BSD thing, I’ve ‘done’ BSD 800 maybe four or five times now over the past two years. My pattern is the same. A couple of weeks of ‘perfect’ compliance, then a few extra calories or forbidden foods are added back in here and there, then a few more, and by about week six or seven (so around now) I can’t really claim to be sticking to BSD rules at all. Every day, new resolutions to return to what I know works, every day failure. So I give up, tired of failing over and over, leave BSD and the forums, and go back to my old life for a few months until I get desperate or resolute enough to come back and try again.

It’s not that I don’t want to stick to the rules. I honestly don’t know how you all do it. It’s so hard. So I, like others who deviate, try to find a way. Maybe if I stick to BSD but with more ‘treats’, I’ll be able to stick to it for longer. Maybe if I allow more calories I won’t give up so soon. Maybe if I give up bread/pasta/rice but keep my beloved potatoes, it can become a way of life instead of a short sharp fail. Always searching for a way. Of course nothing has worked so far. Except medication, which for a few months gave me the freedom from food cravings that you maintainers seem to get from BSD but I never have.

Sorry if this is rather maudlin, remember I’m sick.

• posted by Laska
    on

Am amazed this morning to still be the same weight as on Friday.. BUT. That hasnt stopped my resolve to do the 20c. My first prob is that the soup i made for this week on saturday has chickpeas in it .. its mainly meat and veg though. I can Cps for whole batch . but i may fish some of the cps out !! I have been doing 2 meals and 8hr window for the last couple of weeks .. but i think ill make one meal mainly lc veg and something like egg for this week and soup for the other until soup finished . Ill tot it up on MFP and see if that comes in under 20.. thanks for your info Allie and Luv

on

New week everyone, I am still faffing about but not gained but hey we are coming to the end of week 6 and I have still only lost half a stone. Need to lose another 3lbs to reach my goal and IT IS DO-ABLE I tell myself.

When I talked about people messing around with the diet I wasn’t talking about those of us who have done it, been there, got the tshirt and gone off plan now and then. I was referring to those who havent even started and want to change it to suit themselves. To me they are not doing the BSD Fast 800 if they want to eat 1600 calories or still have bad carbs. They are actually doing some other diet plan by changing it so drastically. I would prefer to guide them to doing the 5;2 or the Med diet but they have been seduced by the big weight losses some of us have had (not me) and expect to do the same but without following the plan. Hey ho, that is up to them and I will keep my comments to myself unless I can think of something positive to say. I am not usually grumpy but we all have our moments. Have a good week everyone and see you all tomorrow for the weigh in when I will be hiding under a blanket.

Please log in or register to post a reply.