8 Week Christmas Countdown

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mariet
    on

It’s true! My seven year anniversary will be February 20th. None of the people from my initial group is still active but there are so many others that I recognise from that time.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Mariet, of course I remember you. I am 7.5 years in and still going strong.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Sunshine Girl, I often see the kindness and wisdom you share on this board. You would not be easy to forget 🙂

Merry Christmas!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I hope you’ve all been having great holidays.
    DCT – the painting project is ongoing. I’m tackling one wall at a time. There is so much plastering to do in preparation that it is taking me longer than any other painting job I’ve done before. I’m getting there though. Well done on the 5lb. Every bit counts and that’s a good bit. Think about 5 1lb bricks of butter and it’s actually quite a lot.
    I haven’t been weighing, but I put on a pair of jeans that I haven’t worn in a while ahead of Christmas Eve dinner with my parents and sisters and they were definitely looser. Looking forward to being able to wear my goal trousers to work in the new year!
    Cathy, sorry to hear about your sons getting Covid. Well done on a great kickstart to your renewed journey with the 8lb loss though. I’ve just been listening to one of Dr. Rangan Chatterjee’s recent podcasts and thought you might be interested. It is very long, but titled “Shocking Truth About Cancer…” I’ve found it so helpful to inspire me to get back onto fasting now that Christmas is over. I am going to follow the plan of 5-7 days of low to very low carb eating and then start fasting again. It’s amazing to hear that once you get your blood glucose down and ketones up through fasting that cancer cells and other cells with damaged mitochondria don’t stand a chance. It seems relevant to my situation as well as there is some thought that lipedema tissue may result from damaged mitochondria as well. It has made me think that I surely must be on the right path with the fasting to try to clear all that damaged tissue and cells out of my body. Certainly I have been feeling much better. I have more energy and stamina and just a feeling of overall well-being that was missing before. A bit of spring to my step now too. Even my mum who is my biggest critic of my weight and appearance commented today that I look significantly less puffy.
    Anyway, I’m back to work on Tuesday, so that will be helpful in getting back to some structure in my days that should help restore my eating pattern. I’m still on a very tight budget following paying for my car repairs (and unfortunately more to come in the new year 🙁 ), so getting back on fasting will help to extend my food supply through January and February. We’ve had a very mild winter here so far, and if it continues, I may be able to plant some things in the garden in March this year, instead of April. So the pressure is on to get even healthier as quickly as possible.
    Looking forward to the new year with all of you!

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    I hope you’ve all enjoyed some Christmas feasting and are getting ready to leap into the next bus. I’ve enjoyed Christmas – my son went home yesterday and I’ve not yet seen my youngest son and his wife. Hoping maybe this weekend but not pushing things. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve eaten but I am feeling incredibly sluggish and stiff. I plan to do ADF next week and today and tomorrow I am doing 18:6 to get myself ready. Once the carbs are gone I know I’ll feel better. I’ve decided not to weigh myself post Christmas. I don’t want to see how much of the 8lb I lost in December I’ve gained so rather than beat myself up I am going to weigh myself on 1st Feb. Also, that way I won’t see the chart go up and spoil my journey and hopefully when I weigh in February I will be heading in the right direction.
    I’ve bought a book called fast feast repeat so I’ll see if that gives me some tips. I plan to start on Monday and will join the next bus when DCT sets it up on Tuesday. I will look forward to sharing our goals next week.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone
    Just checking in to wish you all a Happy New Year, whatever day or time it is for you as you read this. I hope that 2024 brings everything you could wish for.
    On which point, I will set up the new thread tomorrow rather than Tuesday as originally planned, as I’m sure there will be a few who want to get started straight away.
    My only thought so far for a name is Leap into 2024 but I’m sure someone can come up with something better, so please chip in. I’m thinking for the new thread to run until Thursday 29th February – a great day to aim for!
    All the best, and see you on the next bus x

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello everyone 😘
    Happy new year to you all where ever you are in the world 🌍
    Thanks Dct for setting up new bus 🚌 journey for us all let’s start positive for 2024!!
    It’s been a strange year for many of us but we are all still hear and u think we are a great support for each other
    I like the name by the way 😜 see you all in next bus I have reserved my 💺
    Happy new year 🥳
    Lv nokie💖🎉🎊🍾xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

I like the name too, thanks for setting up DCT. I am glad that all Christmas food is gone, I put the last of the chocolate in the rubbish bin for collection rather than keep it in the house.
    I’m spending New Years Eve on a sailboat on the harbour, waiting for the fireworks at 9pm then I think I’ll crawl downstairs and go to bed before midnight! It will be lovely to wake up to the silence on the boat in the morning.
    My resolution for the next bus, and the next year, is to make real progress in alleviating my liver problem. Looking forward to it! Happy New Year everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DCT NOKIE MARIET and everyone..HAPPY NEW YEAR!XXX
    I think the new name is good DCT! I’ll try to start tomorrow or at the latest Tuesday! Thank you DCT,love and hugs to all our gang xx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone
    Happy New Year 🥳
    Here’s to a successful year.
    Here’s to a healthy new year (scan result still awaited)
    Lots of love to all my bus friends and my seat is reserved for tomorrow when I shall climb aboard determined to achieve a healthy weight and be proud of myself.
    The bus sets off tomorrow on a new journey- all aboard! 🚌

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Good afternoon!! Last day of 2023 and am I glad to put this year behind me and press on…
    Thanks to everyone for their heartfelt good wishes for 2024, I, too, would reciprocate that back as we go forward on our next bus journey together….as the 3 Musketeers said, one for all and all for one…lol. I reserve my seat on the bus!

Hope to do much better than I have done and get better bs results more than anything, altho doc happy at the recent 48. I KNOW I can do better

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Happy New Year fellow travellers 🙂
    I haven’t weighed myself since just before Christmas and am going to wait until 8 Jan to weigh again. I’m on leave until then so will jump on the next bus soon but re-start in earnest on the 8th.
    Mariet – I’m so jealous that you got to watch the fireworks from a boat! There’s no way I’d be able to go to bed before the midnight fireworks! I’ve seen every single new year in since 1979, even when I’ve been unwell or pregnant, I’d have a nap and then get my husband to wake me for midnight fireworks on the tv!
    Anyway here’s to 2024!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Haha SueBlue, I did stay up for them after all and they were worth it.
    I was sleeping in one of the little cabins and didn’t latch my window properly and it poured with rain during the night and my clothes were soaked! I had to come home in mismatched donated clothing 😂

I’m weary today but doing some meal planning and in a good headspace for the next bus.

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Happy New Year everyone!

MARIET I hope you have dried off by now! But at least you saw the fireworks 😀 and I hope you enjoyed them too SUE.

Just to say to both of you and also CATHY, YOWZER, NOKIE, ARCTIC FOX, 1960SMP – and everyone else who mentioned joining the new thread (I can’t scroll back any further without losing this) – Leap into 2024 is now up and running. Hope to see you there 🚌

I hope that this turns out to be a happy and healthy year for all of us xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.