Why wait?! This is it!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Having completed eight weeks that finished Christmas Day and lost 16lb in total.
    Gave myself some days off to enjoy Christmas without worrying about calories. Jumped on the scales today and OMG! 7lb back on In just a few days 😭.
    Not waiting for the start of January, I’m acting now and fast!
    My eight weeks begins today before my initial eight week weight loss is completely destroyed.
    I have set myself a target to lose 32lb by April 19th by doing two blocks of eight weeks.
    Emptying my cupboards and fridge of any left over Christmas goodies today.
    I’m actually looking forward to getting back on it…feeling very positive and looking forward to being slimmer!
    Let’s do this 😊

• posted by LindaA
    on

Way to go Thisisit, I love your attitude!
    Can you incorporate some walking into your routine? It doesn’t really help for weight loss, but it’s great to be in the fresh air to get some thinking done or listen to podcasts (I listen to Jimmy Moore’s Livin da Vida Low Carb and Brian Williamson’s Ketovangelist. Lots of great info and motivation).
    Let us know how you go.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Took a small walk on the coast today. Weather cold (in Dorset England)!
    Will aim to do some more walking, but I’m not one for walking much when it’s cold and wet ☔️❄️. Give me sun 🌞
    Despite the cold, it’s been a good day today, feeling better already 🙂

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Thisisit, I have also put on 7 3/4lbs!! Reading through the threads I thought I was the only one who had gained lots of weight!!! I went into Christmas feeling confident and obviously ate a good few carbs extra, but the weight gain is horrendous. I have followed BSD everyday but come evening I am looking for food. My housemate is a traditionalist so cake and pies abound!! My willpower has not been good. I sit here admonishing myself, feeling awful, aches and pains galore. So this Christmas has been slightly better than usual. Next Christmas I know exactly what needs to be done. PLAN BSD TREATS, ‘cos I know I need a treat, and have nothing bad in the house. Tell everyone no food for presents. But it is a new year. My goals are to lose 45lbs, improve my fitness and make BSD my everyday way of life. Looking back, my first 8 weeks were so easy and I lost 21lbs, fingers crossed for this round.
    At least it has been a learning curve for us but this year we have the tools at our hands to get us to our goals. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, let’s make it a good one.

• posted by Jill55
    on

Me too. I’m up by 7.6 pounds. I always read with envy the posts from people who say they’ve learned to eat differently and can no longer manage big meals. This Xmas has proved to me that I’m just the opposite – when I let go I tend to eat everything in sight.
    However I’m not using that as an excuse. I just need to get back on the programme. Hopefully the weight will go soon.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Jill55,
    I’m like you – I can still stuff myself to an Olympic gold medal standard. This time of year is worst – too much temptation, weather is colder which always makes me want to eat more – roll on the warmer weather when hummus & coleslaw seem a lot more appealing. I’m up about 5lbs on the lowest weight I achieved this year which has taken my out of the Healthy section of the BMI – need to get back down again. The reboot is scheduled for mid-January (Why not now? Because I have a birthday coming up & it’s pointless trying to diet until that has passed.)

Time to dust down the rules that I lived by pretty successfully for most of 2016:
    – resist temptation once, i.e. in the shop, don’t buy the “naughties” in the first place
    – portion control – and nothing after 7pm
    – drink plenty of water
    – refer to the book at regular intervals

Anyway, I wish you all well with your endeavours, and Happy New Year too.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

We’ve had beautiful weather today, sunny, dry and warm. So had a 3 mile walķ, it was lovely and feeling better too.

• posted by Jill55
    on

Thanks RozyDozy – it is comforting to know you’re not alone. Happy New Year and Good Luck to you too.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Trelawney – it has been very foggy all day long and really cold here in East Anglia. So walks with the dogs have been freezing. Need to wrap up again for one more walk to get over my 10K steps.

• posted by Thisisit
    on

Well it’s also good to know that I’m not the only one that has gained over Christmas, but like you all mention we have the tools and knowledge to re boot and make 2017 our year :).
    I’m actually excited about it….because I know I can do this.
    It’s good to hear those who have gained over Christmas have not dwelled too much on it, and have got straight on it, enjoying walks (positive steps always helps to make you feel better hey).
    Let us know how you get on over the coming weeks….

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Joining you in getting extra pounds gained off again ASAP! Thought I’d gone up 5 kilos in month of December but stepped on scales just now and horrified to find it’s more than that… working in kilos not pounds. Back to 86.5 from 79 at lowest in summer. This is not all Christmas food as meds started in Dec cause weight gain and I stupidly thought I would get away without logging food. Paid the price for that decision but as others say we have the tools. Go folks, go! And happy BSD friendly year to all!
    Julia

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Thisisit!

I’m back on it with a vengenance now too, having gained horribly over Christmas. The trouble is I am now back in the habit of a little something sweet here and there, or a delicious sandwich, or dessert after dinner – habits that are sooooo hard to break but terribly easy to resume! I am definitely not someone who has any resolve when faced with these things. So, I have been good and prepared my breakfast and lunch for work today and have an eye on what I’ll prepare for dinner – all very BSD friendly! I’m going to take one day at a time and log meals in my newly-purchased diet and exercise diary (for some reason I prefer to write rather than use an app). Got lots of of lovely yoga/pilates stuff for Christmas too, so will be rolling out that mat and getting on with some exercises!

Please log in or register to post a reply.