Why am I not losing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by K9zz
    on

Morning All,
    I’m a bit confused and wondered if anyone could offer any advice please. I’m on my second week of the bsd but I’m not kidding any weight. I am not doing the 800 Cals a day as I’ve tried before and end up overeating. I believe I read in the book that’s it’s ok to up your cals if you want as long as you don’t mind it taking longer. I’m sticking to 1000 a day, counting everything on MFP and double checking with a book calorie counter if it seems wrong. I haven’t lost anything. My blood sugar aren’t dropping either, this morning they were at 6.8, yesterday 6.2. I walk over 5 miles a day with my dogs and do a stomach without for twenty minutes a day. I just don’t get it. I had blood taken yesterday to check my thyroid levels in case they are out but what else could it be. I’m 5′ 7″ so it’s not that I’m eating too many calories. My carbs average at 25g a day. Any ideas anyone? TIA.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there – sorry you are disappointed.

Can I ask first of all have you noticed ANY effect with measurements or how your clothes are fitting?

You may know that people have weight loss plateaux whilst measurements still go down. Appreciate thiis is a bit different but wondered what you have seen, if anything.

• posted by K9zz
    on

Yes in all honesty I have noticed my jeans are looser on my thighs and round my waist, will be measuring on Sunday morning, I’m just confused about the total lack of weightloss. Hopefully it’ll catch up next week. Thanks for making me focus on the positive! Lol. My glucose reading aren’t doing at all though.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

It is very strange – for some reason the visceral fat seems to start melting away whilst weight stays the same. You may notice your face looks thinner as well when you catch sight of yourself unexpectedly.

Don’t know why this is but well done on the shrinkage!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep on keeping on and you may have sudden weight loss in pounds.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Flash21
    on

Sorry to hear that K9zz. Maybe you could post some of your typical meals so we can see what you’re eating? I know how frustrating it can be when you try really hard for no reward. Keep on with it and hopefully you’ll get a big whoosh of weightloss in the next couple of days.

• posted by shalimar
    on

are you counting everything you drink? I have to count 40-60 calories and 3 or 4 carbs every time i have a coffee because of the amount of cream i like. Also have to add the counts for dressings, mayonnaise, etc.

p.s. Some of these things, like my cream, are simple carbs and just hit my blood stream and the BS monitor very quickly.

And i am frankly astonished at the amount of carbs in vegetables!! I still haven’t gotten over that information.

And i have a question as well … i’ve heard of the 800 fast and doing a 5 and 2 … or even 6 and 1 …. but i don”t have any info. on what to expect just doing 1000 or so ….and how much is affected by how close you are to your goal weight.

If you are on a loosing slowly plan perhaps nothing much will show up on the scale if you weigh in daily … but maybe it will show up if you weigh in less often????

Just some questions to think about.

• posted by K9zz
    on

Thanks for all the replies, I have no intention of quitting, just puzzled over weight not going down. Igorasusual, thanks for that explanation, makes sense although as you say heaven only knows why visceral fat behaves differently.
    Flash21, my typical meals are a green smoothie in the morning, or eggs if I’m really hungry, usually eaten late, sometimes not till lunchtime, then at the moment I’m having avocado, celery and either tuna or pink salmon, then dinner is soup, either Superfoods or Prawn Pho or Beetroot and Bean or Chorizo, all taken from the book or website. In addition I have 1 coffee with coconut milk and no carb bircher for a dessert. All calories and carbs are counted as previously stated including any milk used in tea.
    BTW, Shalimar, cream isn’t a simple carb, it contains a little carbohydrate but is mostly fat.
    Thanks again
    K9zz

• posted by shalimar
    on

Thanks K9zz re the cream ๐Ÿ™‚ … it is a fat … but i think the carbs in it are simple … and my own problems is that i use so much cream in the day … i can easily use 10 g. of carbs per day. I think that’s one of my worst habits … both with fats and carbs.

Please log in or register to post a reply.