'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Lost 3.5 lbs in week 1, 2 days into week 2 and no loss yet but b/g are fantastic!!!!!

• posted by Boomer53
    on

Checking in on weight. Down 2.2 pounds for week 2. FBS in low 100s. So excited about that!! Totally compliant and staying under 800 calories and under 5 carb grams a day. I am quite a slow loser but heading the right direction. On to week 3! Laura.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Day 10 of the bsd and lost 14 lbs keep pinching myself, never felt so well other than when I was young.

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

My first week is over and I lost 8 pounds. I started the first week eating between 800-1000 calories and 50-75 carbs. I figured if I didn’t do well I could always cut back on my calories and carb.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Weeks holiday put 9 pounds on
    Had a great relaxing time
    Oh well I’ve got the tools to get back on track
    Alanhypno being positive

• posted by Bissell
    on

One lb down on last week, really happy with that as I’m trying to stabilise/maintain weight now. I did 5:2 and found that fine, in fact I had missed the discipline of the 800 cals and the sense of achievement from going to bed a bit hungry and looking forward to the scales the next day! Sounds a bit weird I know, but I’m trying to get my head around what motivates me and keeps me on track.
    Happy weekend everyone.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hooray!

Lost another 2lbs this morning so that’s 21lbs down in 8.5 weeks and more than 14% of starting body weight.

1lb from my initial target – now on holiday for a week but am planning to continue to keep carbs low for that further pound. Let’s see what happens!

Good luck to everyone. πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi.

End of week 29! Another 3 pounds gone, total now 74 pounds.

Still some weight to lose, so keeping going.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Lynne, you continue to be a shining super star!! Congratulations!!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Week 11 day 2

Week 10 I lost 0 weight but lost 1.75 inches de to the great news of the Doctor telling me to stop my blood pressure meds since I have low BP after losing 32 lbs on BSD program and 62 in total since last year. Cutting N the BP meds meant I retain more water now but not much.
    As of today – day 2 of week 11 – my weight went down so my body is normalizing now again.
    Yeah!

• posted by monabee
    on

I’ve lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks! So happy about that! I had a 1 pound weight gain at the beginning of week 2 after having an evening snack of a chocolate protein shake (within my 800 calories). What seems to have corrected that weight gain with additional weight loss was no eating after dinner- and I try to have dinner before 600pm, and wait till 0930 am for breakfast. Also been careful about my carb, protein, and fat intake- keeping carbs less than 50 grams and protein at about 60 grams- and fat at about 30-40. This keeps me satisfied with no cravings. I feel energetic and bright with enough energy for exercise in the evening. Much different than how I felt before this diet. I felt anxious, addicted to overeating in the evening, and tired and down. My body seems to love this low carb, low calorie – way of life with a good fasting period. I really look forward to the upcoming week! and that is very new for me when talking about diet and weight loss! getting my meal planning and prepping done today – & over the weekend to keep me on track…really helps. So does reading about all your successes! We need to believe we can do this!

• posted by Aria
    on

Hello! I’m at the end of week 2, and have lost 3kg (6.6lbs) so far. Everyone’s journeys are so inspiring!

on

Getting close to end of week 2 (day 12) and not lost any more weight (lost 3.5 lb in week 1). Starting to feel seriously disheartened and trying to remain positive. I will not give up as I have seen b/g reduced from 180 / 190 to 105 this morning. Reduced insulin by 3 units but taking it slowly down, don’t want to cause a spike. All in all I am feeling good just want the scales to smile at me.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t be disheartened, plateaux are common on the BSD and they seem to happen at any time. Just check your carb intake isn’t too high, that you have enough fat in your menu and are drinking plenty. It will come right, so stick with it and I’m sure you will be seeing positive results again soon.

• posted by Loren
    on

Morning! Well it’s the end of my initial 8weeks today. Haven’t lost anything this week, I suppose I had to go through a plateau at some stage (or was it those chocolate covered strawbs😳) but I am happy enough. I have lost over 2 stone (13 kg) and over 6 inches off my waist. Feeling healthier and more energetic than I have for a very long time. A colleague wanted to know if I had something done as I looked younger by the day – a lovely comment! Off on holiday tomorrow and I will be trying to keep to my new way of living. It really isn’t much of a hardship at all. Will check in at the end of the month when I am back. Thanks for all your support on this site – you are all amazing. Keep at it – I look forward to reading about your progress! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Shouting in the voice of Victor Meldrew ( the Scottish comedy actor in one foot in the grave) Google if you don’t know hilarious, anyway “I DONT BELIEVE IT ” I’m at day 13 and lost total 17 lbs, my fat pixies are getting it all back. Yeahhhh love this diet, love this forum, and best of all feel amazing even though I have 97 more to go, so well, want to trot everywhere. Only two months ago I was being investigated for S.L.E. Symptoms all gone. This way of eating is a magic wand it you embrace it and love it, do it and love life and yourself again. Good luck everyone.πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Loren So pleased for you, safe journey. Keep it up the excellent lifestyle.πŸ“πŸ†πŸ‹πŸŒΈ

on

Yipee, I know it sounds silly but I have lost half a pound. The reason I am so happy is it is in the right direction. I remember just 3 weeks ago I used to weigh 79. something, every Monday I would say ‘as long as I never see 80 I will be happy’ , invariably I would see the 80 and have to try again. Today I weigh 77.5 and know I will never see that 80 again or even the 79. So I am happy. My b/g was 78 this morning so I am extra happy.

Tomorrow is my official weigh in day and feeling positive.

on

Just checked again .2 of a kilo is more like a quarter of a pound, not half, but hey ho, who cares, it is a loss

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done everyone, some great results being posted here. I am posting an overall loss for the week of 2.6lb, which I am quietly pleased about, not least because I was expecting bad news when I stepped on the scales this morning. I have had a couple of iffy days, going over the 800cals, what I was forgetting was I have been under for a couple of days earlier in the week. This also means I have lost all of the weight I gained while I was away, plus a smidge more and now I only have 0.2lb to lose to be exactly one stone less than when I started the BSD and away from achieving my first goal. Once there, the aim is to drop another stone – fingers crossed.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

SunnyB
    Bril work πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘ΌπŸ‘Ό

• posted by Boomer53
    on

My official weigh in day is Wednesday but had to celebrate with a post–my fasting blood sugar this morning was 85!!!!! Amazing. I am so pleased. Feeling better each day. I did weigh and am down 1.5 pounds since last Wednesday but will post my official weekly weight in two days. Thanks to everyone for encouraging and knowledgeable posts. Downward we go. Laura.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi all – great going for all of you!!!
    I am stagnant now for a couple of weeks albeit I am on the program 100%. I am in the middle of week 11 and the great news was I got to come off my blood pressure meds and lower my hypothyroid meds because I am doing so well. As my body adjusts to the med changes its not allowing me to drop weight. So I am working to be patient as my body adjusts.
    Focusing on the great news that my BP is good and my heart rate is now only 53. Also I still lost inches last week so hope that happens this week as well.
    Looking forward to seeing the scale drop soon! BUT this is why it’s so important to measure other accomplishments like inches lost, coming off meds, healthier skin and hair, etc.
    Just keep going is my motto this week. πŸ˜„

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Such brilliant news, power to the BSD.πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• posted by shopgirl0423
    on

Hi everyone,
    Great results everyone! It is so inspiring to read how well everyone is doing.
    So the results are in from the first week, down 2.4kg which I’ve calculated to be approx 5.3lbs. Very happy indeed. I did check my carb intake over the last week and found that I was sitting around 100g instead of 50g (I blame the daily banana) so I’ll readjust that for week 2 and hopefully that will make a difference.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

In the big brother voice you know the one, the irritating one hehe anyway day 14 now lost 18lbs, keep thinking the fat pixies are waiting to jump out on me and say suprisssse just kidding, does it ever get mundane, Im sure I am burning up a lot of cals With this buzzy feeling I have all the time, and trotting everywhere, at least the wobbly bits are a lot less wobbly when trotting, I know too much info sorry, wishing for all of you to have wonderful results also.
    🌸🌸🌸 love jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Brilliant, a very good start, are you feeling the beneficial effects yet.
    JanπŸ…

• posted by RobConwell
    on

I started Dr Michael Mosley’s 5:2 diet and in four weeks I had lost just under 10kg but my blood sugar was sky rocketing fixed at around 22mmol/L.
    So with supervision from my GP and other health professionals, two weeks ago I started the 8 week Blood Sugar Diet.
    I’ve just come from my weigh-in and consultation with my GP and I’m totally sold on this regime.
    My blood sugar level reduced to 13 in the first week and is now between 6-7mmol/L and I’ve lost another 16kg – that’s a total loss of 25.8kg in the last 6 weeks! And I’ve brought my diabetes under better control.
    I’ll see how it goes this coming 2 weeks and will let you all know. And by the way – it only took about 2 days to break my sugar addiction and I no longer feel hungry on this diet. Its absolutely great.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

SOCK IT TO THEM! Amazzzzing, i suspect you are on cloud nine with all us other BSD peeps, it’s nothing short of a miracle, this eating plan. Excellent.
    Regards
    Jan πŸ€—πŸ“πŸ€—

on

Only lost half a pound this week, but my blood glucose morning measurements are fantastic, all around 100, highest 106, lowest 79. This is the BSD not get slim quick, but you get the best of both. Looking forward to another week and possibly a good loss.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Damn those pesky scales! Got on them this morning and it went tantalisingly close to the 90kg mark, telling me I was 90.9kg. I got off and back on again, and it registered 91.3kg. I tried to make it go to 90.9kg again, but it said 91.3 every time, so I guess that is my weight!

Still, considering I had a bad weekend and went back up to 92.3 I’m pretty chuffed. Hopefully this time next week I’ll be in the 80s!!

• posted by Bubblesdevere
    on

Hi all, well done on those who have lost again and hang in there those that haven’t. I have a concern which I wonder if anyone else has noted – I didnt want to go through 28 pages of posts to check!

It seems that when someone has a bad day or weekend, they gain quite quickly which worries me – does that mean that when you come off the weight loss part of the plan, you will regain weight as fast as you lost it? Are we being honest to ourselves on how much we have over indulged on the weekend or lack of keeping a sharp eye on quantities and weights of things like carbs, fats or protein? While we all know the value of good fats and proteins, without measuring we risk adding loads of calories to our diets very easily.

Would value opinions here.

Thanks

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hello darling (sorry, couldn’t resist!),

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I had a REALLY bad weekend a couple of weeks ago. I probably drank about 2 bottles of wine and several beers. WAY too much. I put on half a pound. Saying that, I stuck rigidly to the eating element of the diet and didn’t succumb to any cravings like chocolate or crips. I think I might have had a slice of pizza.

However saying that, I think that when people come off the 800 and go back up to a maintenance level of calories, I would expect there to be a temporary jump in weight. I think however this could be controlled indefinitely by introducing the 5:2 when required.

• posted by Kes
    on

In response to Bubblesdevere, I’ve been having a ‘Bad’ couple of months at least. In fact, since I completed the 8 weeks back on 3rd May. I lost 1st and 3lbs in the 8 weeks but have really struggled to get my head back into the diet proper since then. But the good news is that I have maintained my weight, sometimes gaining a pound or two but always dropping back down without any real effort. So I now know that it is possible to stay in maintenance mode as I am living proof that you can eat the odd potato or 3, drink wine (and beer in the case of my OH), have the odd sandwich and even a cream tea or two and still keep the weight off.

I don’t know if it’s the reason but we still try to fast for a long period from an earlyish supper before 8pm until midday the next day is now normal for us with just tea and coffee in between.

Fully intend to get back into weightloss mode at some point soon but really struggling to get motivation but thought I’d drop in and let you know I’m living proof that if you let things slide (and I’ve definitely done that lately) you can maintain your current weight.

on

Thanks Timmy Darling (LOL) and Kes. In both of your cases the increase has been small and your indulgences minimal so see that as honest accounts of going off piste. I agree that there would likely be a slight gain when adjusting to life long eating plans and 1 or 2 lbs is acceptable. That happens with slimming clubs, etc.

I think you are less likely to have a massive regain on the plan compared to the milkshake, substitute, low cal plans people spend a fortune on, as the jump from no real food must be extremely difficult – with BSD, no matter which plan you start from, you are eating and encouraged to eat good protein and fats all the time so the body is adjusted to less food but nevertheless real food that you will always eat.

I think food diaries are a massive help and everyone should log absolutely everything that passes their lips – it is too easy to forget a few nuts here, an extra piece of fruit there, an unmeasured splash of oil when cooking. If anyone isn’t losing, or going onto maintenance, use a food diary to help you keep control and keep it real.

• posted by Boomer53
    on

Hello all. Today is week 3 day 7. Weight started at 225 and today it is 213. More impressive are the blood sugar readings. For the past few days my fasting has been consistently below 100 with one morning hitting 85! So exciting for me. I am loving this WOE. Very rarely hungry and keeping below 800 calories a day. So encouraged to read of others experience on the plan. Downward we go.

on

Can you tell me please when you say you are restricting carbs to X no grams – are talking all carbs or carbs from sugar?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s all carbs Buddlesdevere, not just sugars I’m afraid.

• posted by Timmy
    on

90.4kg today. Boooom. I think yesterday’s must have been off a bit. I measured myself 6 times too, just to be sure.

50 lengths in the outdoor pool last night probably helped. So close to the magic 80’s!!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Timmy, I’ll share your excitement! Didn’t want to step on the scales this morning, as I overate last night, but I probably didn’t exceed my carbs so I shouldn’t have been afraid! Lost 2lbs since Tuesday (nearly a kilo for those doing metric!). Now lost a total of 1st 8 and a half pounds.
    My eight weeks is up on Monday. I only have to lose 6 and a half pounds to target. I didn’t have as much to lose as some. My mum will carry on with 800 – I will go for the 5:2 :):)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Morning BSD peeps.
    Weigh in today day 16 total loss now 19lbs, have now passed a new stone mark, wey hey , haven’t been this number for 9 years. Also have sorted all my big winter clothes and they have gone to charity. Yeah so no going back now, otherwise I will be naked . There’s an incentive for me LOL

Hope your day is a good one.
    Love jan😊😊😊

on

I think I have an explanation for my slow weight loss. No. 1 Before BSD I used to eat next to nothing anyway but lots of lettuce leaves and home-made soup, but then I would be starving and make myself a tuna sandwich, then there was the wine. Now I eat lots of really good stuff and feel good on it. No.2 I normally swim twice a day, totaling 40 to 60 mins. Since the diet I have not had quite that much energy and managed 30 minutes each day, which is a big reduction. Now I am getting used to the diet I could swim more but it has rained for the last 3 days. No.3 I am not using the toilet as often. Normally twice a day regularly, now it is once every other day. Don’t tell me to drink more water, I do. My body just needs to adjust and everything else is working fine. Do not even feel hungry.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Sunshine girl – sorry to mention water, but I’m not telling you to drink more πŸ™‚ Out of interest, what is your average daily water consumption?

on

I have a 1 litre jug in the fridge and usually drink 2 of those a day. I also have a mug of green tea, plus a glass of lemon juice and water at breakfast. After lunch I have a mug of black coffee. I probably drink near to 3 litre daily. Mind you, I need to as I live in a hot part of the world so it is a good habit to have.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I probably drink a similar amount. Mind you, I didn’t used to. It’s working wonders.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

At the end of week 30, another 2 pounds lost. Total now 76 pounds. Still a little more to lose.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Fell off wagon last week
    Couldn’t believe how pounds returned
    Wow
    Too embarrassed say how much on
    Alanhypno

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi
    Don’t worry the wagon is waiting for you to just hop straight back on, you know you will love it when the weight starts melting away again. Go for it get excited about what you can eat, and eat it, and loose weight. Win win.
    Go for it jan

on

Alanhypno just get back on mate. The important thing is to hang in there and not give up. Its all a learning curve and shows you what happens when you slip up. Its an incentive to stay on plan. You are doing great and this is just a hiccup. Besides its nice to indulge once in a while, just not too often!

• posted by bigP
    on

18th July 2016 – 83.3kg – 184lbs – 13st 2lbs – BMI 25.3
    Weekly loss – 1.4kg – 3.1lbs – The weight loss is slowing down, but only in comparison to how it was falling previously. Very close to a healthy BMI and I’m hoping i can get there by next Monday.

Loss so far:
    Since June 2014 – 57.3kg – 126lbs – 9st
    Since 1st March 2016 – 40.5kg – 89lbs – 6st 5lbs
    Since 4th April 2016 (beginning of BSD800) – 27.2kg – 60lbs – 4st 4lbs

Current target – 82kg – 181lbs – 12st 13lbs – BMI 24.9 – This will take me into the healthy BMI range for the first time since i was a child.

Please log in or register to post a reply.