Wake up call!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Hello everybody. I am starting BSD today. I’m 52 and a mental health nurse. I’ve dabbled in most diets, with varying degrees of success. The last one that worked well over several months was Lighter Life VLCD meal replacement back in 2009 when I lost 35lbs over 12 weeks. Unfortunately, I then had a serious accident and put it all back on (and more) while convalescing. I think my shape has changed since then too; I was always a pear shape but now I am carrying weight around the middle too.
    I went back to nursing a couple of years ago. We wear “scrubs” – baggy tops and elasticated trousers – and, while not flattering, they hide a multitude of sins!
    Last week at work one of our patients was flagged up as needing bariatric equipment – bed, bath, lifting etc – and when I read through the paperwork I realised I was pretty close to bariatric myself. A nasty wake up call indeed. So, having a bit of a crush on Dr MM, I searched for the Horizon programme and in the results found out about this BSD. I’ve been reading the book on nights over the weekend, so here goes.
    Vital stats: 125kg/waist 112.5cm.

Please log in or register to post a reply.