Trying to find answers..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by r1ssole
    on

Hello all.
    Have managed to lose around 10 lbs in the last three weeks, so now close to my goal weight, around 10st 8. But despite a fair amount of fasting and exercise my BG seems to be on the rise, which has me puzzled.
    May have to just wait and see what happens next.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

How are you measuring your blood, r1ssole (love your name, btw, makes me smirk ๐Ÿ˜‰ )
    Have you had HbA1c tests, or are these fasting measurements?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Are you having a small snack at night. There is lots about ‘The Dawn Effect’ which you can google.

• posted by r1ssole
    on

Jab a finger..! It has been a morning reading, fasted after say 10pm the night before. A few weeks ago I was in low to mid 5s for the fasted AM, occasional 5.8s, but more recently and after some longer fasts it has been, ( I will just look em up..) 7.1 (fasted , and early morning weights), 9.2 (fasted and after 5k Parkrun), 7.3 (kebab, no pitta or carbs latish night before, but still at least 8hrs), 6.1 fasted this morning at 7:00 AM.

Seems odd to be even higher after exercise, aerobic or weights. Why..???
    I think I need to get some HbA1c tests.

My wife bought the BG meter, (she is pretty overweight) but my numbers seem way worse than hers ๐Ÿ™
    I am hypothyroidic, and have been doing LCHF with some fasting, so I was rather suprised as I was supposed to be the normal one. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Do have a look at the various threads as sunshine-girl recommends and I would recommend Bill1954’s ‘this has to work for me’ where fasting results extensively discussed.

My OH was told by a doctor that fasting results notoriously all over the place, and therefore all the medics work to HbA1c which take an average BS over a number of weeks and are therefore much more accurate a measure.

OH had steadily declining HbA1c results over the period of the BSD (he organised with the doctor to have the tests monthly whilst he was following the programme) and was able to come off Metformin – now shown on his records as ‘Type 2 in remission’ by his doctor. Woo hoo!

• posted by r1ssole
    on

Thankyou everso, I shall go read about Bill1954, and review what I thought I knew about the dawn effect. Well done to your OH.
    Cheers, R1ssole.

Please log in or register to post a reply.