Tired all the time

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chrisnor
    on

Hi,
    I have just started the second week of the BSD and I still feel really tired all of the time. Has anyone else had this experience?

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Chrisnor
    Me too! I was very tired all the time for the first three weeks. Fuzzy head & cold too. But it cleared up after that & I’m feeling good all over now. I’m 12 weeks on the diet now & T 2. I’m slow to lose weight but 1& 1/2 stone down. Drink the 2 – 3 litres of fluid daily, it’s important. You stop running to the loo soon!
    Stick with it. It is just the body getting rid of all the rubbish we’ve put in it

• posted by Chrisnor
    on

Hi Eureka,

Thank you for your post and your support. I am going to keep going and not give up! I hope that I will also feel good soon. I have been putting rubbish in my body for years so I should not be surprised it is taking time for my body to de-tox itself.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Your tiredness will be linked to the very restricted calories and also the change from burning carbs to burning fat. Keep drinking plenty of water, you may also find taking some extra salt helps, get plenty of fat into your diet. Your body has a lot to deal with in the early stages but it will adjust and you should start to feel better.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Chrisnor – it is like janet says – your body is having to cope with enormous changes, but when the tiredness goes you will be buzzing with energy! 🙂

• posted by Chrisnor
    on

Thank you all for your supportive replies, I am still plodding on with the diet and things are slowly improving, haven’t got to the buzzing with energy stage but I am hopeful. I need the energy to get on top of my garden, it is full of brambles, bindweed and ground elder!

• posted by Trinity1814
    on

Hi Chrisnor,
    i’ve just started and just over a week into it. I’ve seen a decent loss in the first week but i too have felt sapped of energy and really weak although i’ve managed to keep active. The replies to your posts have encouraged me and i know that eventually this fatigue will pass once my body gets used to this new regime.

Keep the faith.

Trinity1814

• posted by Chrisnor
    on

Thank you, it helps to know that I am not alone.

Please log in or register to post a reply.