Starting Week 3 after a tough Week 2 ….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ChannelK
    on

Oh dear, I’m putting weight on now! Had lost 10 lbs over 4 weeks and now in week 5, I’ve put 2lbs back on. Hm. Am hoping that’s just down to some alcoholic celebrations last weekend! Good to hear about weight loss for Lolo and Sunnyb so that’s motivating me to keep going one day at a time. I wish our bodies were simple to understand! 🙂

• posted by Lolo
    on

Hey ChannelK,
    I too put on some weight after an indulgent weekend of drinking! But it soon came off – in fact within 2 days I am usually back to pre-event weight! Haha! I have been sticking to red wine, or gin and slimline tonic…with the odd prosecco here or there! (Gotta love the bubbles!)
    I got worried that drinking alcohol was effecting my weight loss, but in fact I think it was just the plateau everyone had been talking about – and now it does seem to have kicked back in again. Keep going & I’m sure that albs will come off in no time xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Don’t panic ChannelK, stick with it and it will come right. I had a difficult w/e last week, eating out twice and drinking a couple of small glasses of wine. Please to say I didn’t actually gain any weight, but I certainly didn’t lose either and it took a couple of days before I saw any positive movement.

Secret is not to waste time beating yourself up for the transgression, but to stay focussed on the task at hand – remember that you need to keep your head straight to succeed, so don’t self-sabotage by expending energy on the negative. You will soon be losing pounds again – keep us posted.

• posted by ChannelK
    on

Looks like I’m back in the game. Woop! Have somehow lost 3lbs in the last few days. No idea how as haven’t been doing anything particularly different. If anything I’ve probably been eating a little more. I therefore have no idea what planet my body’s on but it’s been worth hanging in there for the time weight didn’t move and trusting that it would start again as long as I kept carbs low. Yay! :-). Thanks for the support on this thread.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

ChannelK isn’t it weird that weight can suddenly drop off – but it does on this diet. You must be feeling really happy with that 3lb loss 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.