Started the BSD on 7th October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mazzy
    on

Hi all…I am on my 4th day of the BSD and I am a little worried as I dont feel as if I’ve lost any weight. I am concerned that I’m following the diet correctly. Is it too early to tell if I’ve lost weight?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Mazzy! Don’t worry, it can sometimes start slowly even when you are carefully tracking calories. You could be retaining water or it is just those little fat cells holding on with both hands — pesky dudes — they are on their way out. I had a slow start but as my metabolism started to work right, my weight loss speeded up. Now (seven months total, two on maintenance) my body just doesn’t hold onto weight the way it used to do. I am thinking that I have lowered my insulin levels and so I am not so much into fat-storage mode — I seem to be burning all the calories I am eating. Have you checked your carbohydrate intake? I really recommend that folk get a copy of Gary Taubes book, “Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It” because it clearly explains the carb/ fat connection which is from research in the US out of Duke University. The rule of thumb is carb-drives-insulin-drives-fat and the more I wrapped my head around that, the better for my weight loss and it definitely is helping with maintenance. I can eat more than even before the diet but it doesn’t pile on — I am sure it is because I am eating the right things now. So good luck on your journey! Don’t quit even if it starts slowly — it will work for you as it has for so many!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Mazzy …. you said you feel as if you haven’t lost weight …. what does your scale say??

What about a change in your measurements … anything new there? 4 days may be a bit early for measurement change … do your clothes fit better?

Are you just counting calories …. or carbs too? Most of use here are trying to get down to 50 g. of carbs …. or less.

Which diet plan are you following … 800 fast calories …. 5:2 ??? or just low carb mediteranean???

• posted by Mazzy
    on

Hi I’m following the low-carb earing plan and I’ve been keeping to under 50g a day. Up until now I’ve found it quite easy although I have had the odd sugar craving especially if I get too hungry! I dont feel as if I’ve lost anything yet but I’m going to wait 7 days until I weigh as dont want to get disappointed!! I have a 41inch waist and I hate it as the rest of me is in proportion but not my stomach!! I had a Diabetes scare about 2 years ago so I really want to lose a stone and a half as I keep reading how having a large waist is bad for your health. I dont understand how my stomach is so large, it started to get bigger about two years ago when I was under a lot of stress and I lost my mum. I’m 5′ 4″ and weight 11st 12.

Please log in or register to post a reply.