Starting BSD tomorrow! 8 weeks to go. .

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Hi everyone, I’m 39 and I have two children, youngest being 10 months. Time is a luxury lol… I want to lose 1.5-2 stone as im sick of carrying around my extra baby weight now and need a new approach.

Been doing a combination of cereal diets/low carb and just not getting anywhere and don’t feel that they are good for me really. Been really down and beaten about this but been reading some really inspirational posts tonight and feel determined. !

Only thing I am worried about is time to do some of the recipes as I work full time too. Quick options will have to be the first choice for me so any ideas from all of you will be massively appreciated. Xx
    Day 1 here I come!! Today I weighed 11st 8.5lbs. I’m 5ft 5in xx

• posted by chasingthedream
    on

Like you, I have recently failed dismally. I seem to be able to maintain my weight and not put weight on. But I was really inspired by this diet and remembered that I once had colitis and went from size 16 to 12 in a week! Not ideal, but really quick. I also remember using diet pills, now sadly banned, and they enabled me to eat very, very, little, is I knew eating very little does work.

If you are working, the best thing might be to stock up on package food somewhere like M&S, where you can buy, say, a salad and a packet of fish/meat and know exactly how many cals. The other thing I find useful is stir fries with konjac noodles. You get the filling value with no calories. Amazon have them, and there are also some (Zero noodles I think) which are transparent, and a better texture than the others, not so chewy. Not a patch on yummy scrummy normal noodles, but as they say, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! Good luck!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Any combination of meat and veges is good and often quick, like steak and salad or a chicken stir fry. Just leave out the rice, potato, noodles etc. I don’t follow the recipes from the book, I’ve just dropped the starchy carbs from my usual recipes (or only give them to the family, not myself) and I do weigh and measure my own meals. You don’t have to deviate wildly from what you usually eat if you cook at home already.
    Last night I had a beef casserole without any potato or toast.
    The night before, carbonara on zucchini strips instead of fettuccini
    Tacos without the shell/wrap – just the meat and cheese on top of salad.
    Sunday roast without potato
    Prawn and Asian vege stir fry with lime juice and chilli
    Rotisserie chicken from the chicken shop with salad

This way I don’t have to work out new meals, just adapt the old ones. Hope that helps.

• posted by chasingthedream
    on

Only trouble with adapting in the way you describe is that it is fatally easy to go over your allowance because many proteins and fats are horribly calorific. The BSD seems to be a balance between the two, and as I understand it, you won’t lose the weight so quicklyif you exceed the limit, hence my liking for prepackaged goodies. I will revert to your methods as soon as possible. Have you tried mashed cauliflower instead of potato? You can have a comfort food shepherd’s pie entirely without starch.

I do find though that constant vigilance is needed for this 800 calorie diet, because it’s incredibly easy to eat more than that. However, I trust that it will be worth it and I will go on the 5:2 diet once the eight weeks are done.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Chasingthedream
    I follow the BSD in exactly the same way as Natalie does and it really works for me as well.

You might find using an app to track your food would help you keep within the 800. I use fat secret here in the UK.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Until recently i didn’t have either the diet book or the recipe book. I bought the recipe book at the weekend, but haven’t yet made anything directly from it, just winged it with my own recipes. The trick is keeping tabs on portion sizes as Krysia said. I use the online counter at cron-o-meter which isn’t bad. You fairly quickly get an eye for how much protein and fat are doable. My previous danger foods were houmous and avocado. I love them so much I could have a whole large pot of houmous at one meal/snack, and used to occasionally have a whole avocado on top of my daily meals as a snack. Now i have developed a pretty good eye for how much I can have without going over calories, and when the restriction is over will use this to make sure I am not overdoing it.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thanks everyone! The day has begun! My plan today is –
    150 plain yogurt with passion fruit for bfast
    2 portabello mushrooms with baked beans for lunch
    Veg and chicken for tea

I’m going to try and stick to the book as much as I can but can’t really manage some of the more involved recipes! Will get weighed this Sunday to see how I’m doing so will keep you posted! Xx thanks again for your replies. X

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Oh and I wondered what all of your losses have been like so far? Xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

Angelsand …. you might be interested in a search (to right) of the ‘Weigh in’ thread forum

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi Angelsand,
    I pretty much follow the same idea as Natalie when it comes to dinners, breakfast is often yoghurt and berries & nuts or eggs. Lunches more varied, soups are good though. I need something quick and easy for breakfast in the week as I work full time and have to get my 2 year old ready for the child minders.
    I got through my first challenge last night, as went out for a family birthday meal. Had Cauliflower soup and skipped the bread, lamb with veggies and skipped the potatoes, no dessert. Feeling pretty pleased!
    Have just finished my first week. I am 165cm (5ft 5) and have lost 2.2 kilos so now weighing in at 68.6

• posted by Scandinavian38
    on

Hi Angelsand! First day for me aswell. I really hope I have the willpower to stick to it… Well, time will tell, I guess. Wishing us both good luck! โ˜บ

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Hi everyone , hope your weekends have all been great!

Couple of quick questions. I’m wondering what yogurt you buy as im so used to buying fat free… its for my breakfast with passion fruit or mango. Does anyone use any other fruits? I’ve just gone with the book!

Q2… How much veg can I eat with a chicken breast? Is it massively portion controlled and what veg is best to have?

Thanks so much again for reading. Am determined that Saturday next week will be a happy weigh in!!! :0)

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Hi, I use full fat Greek yoghurt. I’ve been using blueberries and raspberries as well. I also sometimes add a teaspoon of peanut butter to make it more interesting (I use Meridien as it has nothing added)
    Be careful with the mango as it’s quite High in sugar. Good luck for the week ahead! I’m part the way through week 2 and feeling positive.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

Waitrose have a goats milk yoghurt which is amazing, ditto the sheeps milk one.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Thank you everyone.. a good day today, feeling hungry bit really enjoying what I’m eating!

Im having the med platter for lunch tomorrow bit worried about getting the hummus portion right!! Does anyone use a weight?.. My 2 tablespoons of it look too much…!!

Thanks again xx

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Just a quick update really..! Im on day 5 and getting weighed this Saturday.

I’ve really enjoyed the meals all week and still can’t get my head around the full fat concept!

I’m sleeping better and waking up better already. Not sure what loss I will have but really hope it’s encouraging.

One thing I meant to check was how much veg do you have with your chicken or salmon etc?

Thanks everyone x will post my weight on Saturday!

• posted by JanandRoloDog
    on

Hi, I am a week ahead of you – lost 8lb week 1 so doing something right! If it helps I stick to above ground veggies (bar onions and mushrooms) and berries. staying away from ‘tropical’ fruits Inc mango as v high in sugar. I usually have about 30g each veggie on my plate or handful of lettuce, leafy greens etc.
    Good luck for your weigh in!
    Jan.

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Well. My first weigh in today (sat 5th). I began on monday 31st so it’s only been 5 days or so.

I was 11st 9.5lb on sun and today and 10st 13.5!!!!! I honestly can’t believe it! Will carry on as I have been doing and see how I get on next week! I’m very motivated now :0)

How are you all doing? Xx

• posted by topcac
    on

Well that’s an amazing loss in anyone’s book. Well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป you’ll definitely be feeling that in your clothes soon enough too. Wonderful ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Angelsand
    on

Week 2 weigh in! I’ve been away in a hotel this wรจk for work and managed to continue s normal by ordering salmon/tuna steak etc. Colleagues were tucking in to everything and wine so pleased I’m home and it’s over…!

Last week I was 10st 13 1/2 and today I was 10 9 1/2 so that’s a stone in two weeks! Am thrilled.

Feeling quite hungry today tho so looking forward to tea! Can anyone tell me what I do at the end of the 8 weeks to maintain? Thanks for reading xx xx

• posted by shalimar
    on

At the end of 8 weeks …. if you have reached your goals …. see the choices under the Get Started tab … 3 rd tab from the left. I believe maintenance and 5:2 plans are also in the main Mosley book if you have it.

If you haven’t reached your goals … you can continue for a few more weeks if you like. You can go on 5:2 and see if that works.

Or you can go on the Low Carb Mediteranean Plan … see book or under the Get Started tab.

You can just check your weight and blood sugars … and if you find you are gaining … then go back on 800 cal. plan or a 5:2 plan.

Plenty of choices … you can up your calories a little at a time …. and see how you do.

Please log in or register to post a reply.