Spring into Summer: Week 3, June 12th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well this our seventh ‘just one week’ challenge and I hope they are useful. They help me to just stand still at the moment which is all I can hope for whilst away. Hopefully by Friday I will be back to full on BSD. See you tomorrow.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi V, are we going Monday to Monday now. Someone asked on last weeks.

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Thank you Verano for the new thread. I shall see you here tomorrow – unless it starts today. In which case … hello!

• posted by Revolution_not_evolution
    on

Hello,

New here (well, new to posting – been lurking and learning for a while). I’ve started today and I’m determined to stick to less than 800 cals and less than 30g carbs for the 8 weeks.

I’ve been low-carbing and intermittent fasting on and off for a couple of years. But I’ve been a bit slack recently and my fasting blood sugars and weight are creeping up, so I’ve decided enough is enough and things need to change for good. I’m hoping that the 8 weeks will get me to a weight and blood sugars that I’m happy with.

My challenge will be to avoid responding to stress by reaching for handfuls or nuts or (even worse) bowls of cereal. So, I’ll join this week’s challenge if I may? And hopefully I can get thought that.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. DAY 1 of 7 has dawned again! I hope everyone is fit and raring to go. My goal this week is to again keep ‘paddling ‘ like mad to stay afloat until Friday when I’m home and back to measuring and logging.
    Welcome R-not-e hope you enjoy this journey.
    Have a good start to the new week.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

3/4lb drop this week. Goal is to stay off the insulin and I am wondering if by losing a little more weight I will clear out more fat from my liver and make staying off the insulin easier.

on

Hi all. I set myself a long term (8 week goal) of 14lbs. I have lost 3.5lb and now into my second weekly challenge I would like to lose at least 2lbs but maybe 2.5. The 3.5lb was probably all weight as I have never really been off the diet – just a few extra calories- so no water weight loss, hopefully just pure fat. Also I have this one week run up before I have a restaurant meal on the 20th. I am not on 35 units of insulin so would like to be down to 32 in one week.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow and would like at least half a pound by then – fingers crossed.

• posted by hedwig6
    on

I joined the monthly challenge, but would also like to join the weekly, if that’s okay, because it might help to break up the longer goal into smaller bits.

Starting weight: 127.0 lbs
    Overall goal: Somewhere between 105 and 115, depending on how I feel once I get there.
    Goal for 4 weeks: 122.0 lbs
    Goal for this week: 125.0 lbs

Since I don’t have a lot to lose, I’m keeping the goals reasonably conservative. This week’s goal is more because it sounded like the first week is typically more dramatic when transitioning to a lower-carb diet.

Also, I’m glad to see a couple of other newbies, like me :). Good luck!

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Hello can I join in! Week 2 for me. No weight loss goals – just focusing on the process and letting the outcome take care of itself.
    Not one cheat in week 1 which I am pleased with. And not feeling any sense of deprivation either. Mood level, energy pretty good. Am still feelling hungry quite a lot but never HANGRY! Which is a big change as I used to get very agitated when I was hungry.
    Looking forward to sharing another successful week with all you inspirational people!

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Thanks Verano for setting up another one-week! ❤️❤️❤️
    I start at 84,71 kg (13 st 4,7 lb) and my goal is to lose weight. Was 102,1 kg (16 st 1 lb) in januari, starting BSD 12 mars and so far lost a total of 17,39 kg (2 st 10 lb). And honestly its not hard at all! For me it’s all about staying conscious and consistent. And with the help from all of you it’s a joy! 😁 Learn so much every week!
    As usual I prefer to not set a specific wheigt goal, just down. That will be a winner for me.
    God luck to all of us this week!
    ❤️❤️❤️

• posted by Bjorn
    on

Hello everyone! Since I finished my 8 weeks on may 14th, things have been going reasonably well. I keep hitting my trigger point/weight once a week (I really can’t stay away from carbs). But I do a 36 hour fast every week and it has so far worked to get back below it. Fasting blood glucose have crept up a bit, but is back on track for a few days after the fast. The other week I had a hba1c which showed 31, which is very good despite the fasting sugar taken at the same time was 6.4. Blood pressure is also still normal, so don’t take those pills anymore.
    I have increased the weights I lift at the gym a little, so all that comes back is not fat hopefully :).
    Good job on your continued weight loss, Buddhas wife! It is so inspirational to come back here and see all that keeps hanging in there. Also good job to you, Krysia to keep staying of the insulin. Keep my fingers crossed that you, Sunshine-girl, will get there too in the not to distant future!
    For this weeks challenge I copy Verano and just hope to stay about the same weight as now. And maybe eat a little bit of fish…

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Bjorn – your HB1aC is amazing. My last one was 40 and I am hoping that the next one will be lower – somewhere in the 30s (actually anywhere in the 30s I would be happy with). Am trying 18/6 intermittent fasting in the hope that it will help. I start to get brain fog around 20 hours so am not safe driving – or operating anything – even the cooker or the computer!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to see so many ‘old’ and ‘new’ ‘One Week Challengers’. I find reading all your posts keeps me motivated to carry on.

Today I had lunch in a very lovely ‘celebrity chef’s’ restaurant. The menu was, as you might expect, a little, what I would call ‘arty farty’. Not much in the way of plain food but rather than stop following the WOL I’ve lived for almost two years, I chose two starters…. asparagus with pink grapefruit and marinated salmon with a yogurt and lime dressing. I did have a small piece of artisan sourdough bread but that was only so I could try the exquisite olive oil! So not too much damage and still within the guidelines of Mediterranean eating.

So I guess the real reason for this story is that I’m sure that you do reach a point when simple carbs no longer hold any fascination. There comes a point when you don’t need to ‘resist’ you just don’t want. Similar to the way a vegetarian feels about meat. Maybe we can adopt Buddhas wife’s two ‘c’s’, consciousness and consistency and add ‘care’, as in caring for our bodies. So we have three ‘C’s’ to adopt as our new mantra for this week.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Hi Peeps: has anyone been playing with the Freestyle Libre device? Its a continuous blood sugar monitoring device and the NHS only supplies it for those with poorly controlled insulin dependent people with type1 diabetes. But I think that’s missing the point. We know that there are around 4 million adults with type2 diabetes and at least 12 million with pre-diabetes. Now, despite what you may have been told, the insulin response to foods is incredibly individual. So if you know which foods to avoid and which to enjoy its a question of tweaking what you eat rather than “dieting” (for me the word diet means being miserable, hungry and feeling deprived- and I can’t sustain it in the long term. But now I have the device I can see immediately which foods or food combinations spike my glucose and avoid them. Now, think how hard it can be on your fast day. If you can avoid those foods that spike glucose, which also spike insulin and make you hungry think of the benefits. It also means less visceral fat thereby reducing the risks of all those dread diseases: cancer; metabolic syndrome; hypertension; cardiovascular disease; dementia etc. Not bad eh? More here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZWLy7FLvZ4&t=5s

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Well done Verano- I can certainly forgive you for eating a piece of sourdough and olive oil !

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi Graham – are you joining us on the one week challenge? It really helps us get to know each other and share our hopes and objectives. It’ll be nice to see you joining with us 🙂
    Maggie

on

Hi Maggie
    So I’m not diabetic or pre.. I’ve been a huge Michael Mosley fan since watching the original Eat, Fat and Live Longer (Horizon) programme which literally changed my life at the time (I lost 10kg over 12 months). My focus now is on keeping my insulin “low and slow” and my reducing my visceral fat (Like Michael I’m a TOFI.. thin outside, fat inside)

• posted by Verano
    on

You are welcome to join us Graham but please don’t link any freely given information to any program that isn’t free. That is tantamount to advertising which isn’t welcome here.

on

Hi Verano – noted and, in confirmation, I wasn’t

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. I hope that DAY 1 brought you all a little closer to your goals. Just two more days of ‘paddling’ for me then I’ll be off ‘swimming’ like mad to reach my goal. I will also catch up with some of the recommendations on ‘Take a look at this’ . S-g I know you have recently watched a video about sugar can you point me towards it please I can’t find a reference.
    Have a good day!

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Morning all. Still on track which is good. Weight static for past 3 days after losing loads in the first week but I am learning all about the ‘woosh’ effect and hoping it applies to me! I MUST be creating a calorie deficit so one day the scales will catch up. I hope.
    I feel much more stable in mood since going low carb. Just less frustrated and tense. Which is great! Have a good day everyone. x

• posted by Tululah
    on

Hello lovely people!
    So Ive been away from the forum for about 10 days and I’m now back from my first holiday! Got another coming up in July! I went up a LOT (around 6 lbs!) But please to say I am nearly back to where I was 10 days ago. Turns out hotels and eating out evety day in foreign countries (and lets be honest boozing) make me whoosh up the way! Just got 1.5 lbs to go and then I’m onto yet another new weight which Ill achieve this week. Ill catch up properly with posts later but great to see you are all doing well doing and hello to the new faces!
    KOKO, Much Love, Tully xx 🙂

• posted by Skinny-to-be
    on

Good morning good people,
    Skinny to be is back from 2.5 weeks holidays too 🙂
    Eating icecream and other stuff (although not so much booze) I also kept the odd fasting day (my Thursdays were still on).
    I think, based on the trousers fitting I may have gone about 2kgs up.
    I am not weighing myself on this week yet as I’m trying to get into the routine slowly but surely (and honestly, there are the odd crackers that travel down my gob that I’m trying to slowly eliminate and avoid) so will know more next week.
    Altough, it’s my birthday on Monday so anything goes, really at this rate.

I made my peace I will NOT fit into my beautiful skirt. But in all honesty, I will enjoy turning 40 and my first massive achievement of being 40 will be when I’m skinny and fitting in that skirt. I need to have something to look forward to. Let’s imagine if I was skinny, beautiful, loaded and miserable with no real target to look forward to. that would be a boring life, wouldn’t it? I wouldn’t have your friendship and support.
    So here I am. A rounder but happier me who is trying to be enter the next decade and make it a priority to be healthy and beautiful and …. getting in that skirt :-).

Will catch up later as am trying to do some work at work – LOOOOOL

all my love,
    Skinny to be
    x

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

God morning all!
    Oh yes, had a long nights sleep, will post a link on sleep & wheigt in Take a look at this!-thread.
    What a delicious meal Verano! I beleve it’s important to sometimes celebrate life with a extra ordinary food treat and it looks as you maneged the 3C very well!
    Adding “care” is brilliant Verano! So now we have consciousness care and consistency, 3C. Thank you and good luck with the paddling! You’r doing great in so many ways. How long have you been BSD?
    Well done Björn! Its very encouraging to se mainteners doing well. Thaks for bringing in hope!
    Graham that video was hilarious! Thru the years I’ve noticed that me and my OH react very different. Hi loves suger. I love fat. After eating same things in a meal we have totaly different respons. Fortunate we have no diabetes but must keep track of food to keep fit. That is hi is almost fit with 10 kg ower wheigt, I have 20. So I KOKO, keep on keeping on.
    Tully and Skinny to be, welcome “home”! Bet you are eager to get back up in the wagon! Have a brave new start!
    Congrats Chimp Tamer for other-than-wheigt-loss achievements! Better mood, less stress can help greatly for reaching wheigt goals! It was like that for me! Anyway, I will never turn a simple machine to “the holy scale” and let it rule my entire life. 😉
    Have the best day ever all!
    ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

on

Hi everyone, I have a confession to make, last night a had a couple of vodka tonics. Some might know that while I was on holiday I had my FB account hacked and they then got into my email address. I decided to just write it off as experience and opened a new FB and email. Then I decided to see if my provider could get my email back as my daughter said they could be doing anything, if you go buy a new car you might find your credit blocked and so on. Anyway I got it back and there were nearly 800 emails – 70% my usual junk, shops, BSD etc but I was shocked at the activity that had gone on in my name. I wont go into details but I have just been on the phone to a online loan company who I am supposed to have opened an account with. They wouldn’t tell me anything but reassured me they had nothing in my name. Phew….. Then I found someone selling things on FB using my email address but not my name so I confronted her and opened a whole can of worms getting myself into trouble. That is my excuse. I have been told to contact the gendarmes but I deleted everything so have no evidence and my provider says it cannot be retrieved so I just have to forget about it and calm down.

I had my doctor appointment this afternoon and he is thrilled with my results especially as I have had a total of 5 weeks holiday since my last tests. Because I was having a smear test today he didn’t do the normal things like BP or weigh me – but my weight is on my blood results anyway, so we didn’t have that conversation – I am probably about 1.5kg heavier than last time but that will soon change. Anyway my drinks did not impact on my weight, just the same, but may have prevented a small loss. So I have to get back into the mindset I had before.

V, the video was one put on by Graham but you should be able to find it on YouTube it is called Sugar, The Bitter Truth by Dr Robert Lustig – not to be mistaken for Dr Ludwig. Well folks, that’s all today, I need to do some meditation and mindfulness.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.great to see so many joining the group.I had a day off yesterday as I did not sleep well on monday night .I just couldn’t settle. Im blaming it on Mct oil. Ive been having 2 tespoons each morning to solve.” transit” issues.It is effective and its suposed to speed up metabalism to help with weight loss but I think it kept me awake.Has anybody else used mct oil? It’s a medium chain tryglyceride made from coconut oil. Anyway a day of rest and free eating leaves me at 83.1Kg so the slow slide down continues.Have a great day. Cheers to you all

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 3 of 7, week 9. Yes we really are in the ninth week of our ‘One Week Challenge ‘s’!
    Welcome back Tully and Skinny to be . Glad you had good holidays. Tully I think if you get straight back on track the moment you get home it’s easier to lose any holiday pounds. It usually works for me too. Skinny to be I’m so pleased you have come to terms with the ‘skirt’ and have found new inspiration from it.

Thanks for the link s-g I will take a look at that over the weekend. What a mess you have been in. You would never imagine how much of a problem it would be if your account is hacked. But on the happy side the ‘dishy’ doctor was delighted with you! So now you just have to take your own advice and keep on keeping on…….

Buddhas wife I have been here for almost two years now. My anniversary is July 5th but sunshine-girl has her 2nd anniversary before me. I can’t believe I’ve been eating this way now for so long. It really has become a lifestyle change and definitely one for the better.

I’ve not heard of that oil Butterlover. I used to resort to tablets but since I stopped taking co-codamol I no longer have problems. I’m sure there are some threads on here that will give you advice to help.

So I have started to reign in my holiday way of eating this morning. Just one last lunch date today then back on track. Certainly for me at the moment the buzz words are consciousness, care and consistency with food. Hopefully by this time next week life will be completely back to normal. Have a great day!

on

Hi everyone, hissy fit over and back on the strict plan after a couple of nights on the wine. I am known to have predictive dreams but I put them down to just reflecting what is going on in life. So, I dream someone has died but in real life they have been seriously ill so not a surprise that they died – a bit extreme example but you get what I mean, I dont believe I am psychic. Two nights ago I was dreaming that my daughter was crying that the bailiffs were coming as she had a County Court Judgement for £4500. I wanted to help her and, as I can jump in and out of dreams, tried to go back to sleep and continue to sort out the problem. Then hubby said, are you ever getting up so I told him about the dream. Last night I was on messenger and asked daughter if she wanted to chat, she said no she was busy but to let me know she has a CCJ against her name. This was a total surprise so my dream was not about something I would ever expect to happen. Turns out she got a parking ticket a year ago which she never received as they sent it to her old address. With court costs etc it has risen to £450. Dont know why I am tell you that but how spooky. My daughter has always said I was a witch in a previous life.

Dont know if you are interested V but there is a course starting with FutureLearn on 2nd July called Food as Medicine. Thought I might dip in a see what it is about.

Back to the diet. Obviously no loss over the last 2 days but no damage done. BG has dropped to 4.3 so time to reduce insulin again. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Friday and so almost half way through this week. Still time to make it count before next Tuesday. I have ‘Just started.. again’ and am raring to go. I’m actually sick of eating too many calories even staying within the principles of BSD so today is Day 1 for me ….. again!

Thanks for the course s-g. I have signed up but I think I may have done it before. I certainly signed up even if I didn’t finish it!

Have a good weekend and stay conscious and be careful and consistent!

on

Hi all, still keeping on….

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. Another weekend so a little extra mindfulness needed to stay focused on that goal. I hadn’t realised just how easy it is to stop drinking water. When I’m away I think, subconsciously, I stop drinking lots of water for fear of needing toilet breaks! Anyway today I will try to get back to my full 2litres. I have had a very early start to this Saturday and am already part way through my first 500cl.

I have just been reading through some of the threads and taking on board some of the advice. I find the need to constantly refresh my thoughts to keep me on track. So, just for today, I will drink water, water and more water!

Sunshine-girl looks like just you and me at the moment but we will both keep on keeping on………

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Hi all (Verano and Sunshine girl!),

Writing this post seems a bit too familiar for me now, but here I go… Despite my plans to be back on track now, sadly I’m not. The move from the South of England up to the North of Scotland, and starting a new job has really taken its toll on me, I probably could have been strong and kept to BSD principles but I just haven’t prioritised my health.

I had my hair cut the other day and spending that long staring in the mirror made me realise that my double chin is coming back! I’ve also been feeling tired all the time, which I’ve put down to the move and the new job, but I suspect that my diet has had a big impact on that too.

This week I’ve started taking a low carb shake to work for breakfast, as I’m having to leave the house an hour earlier than I used to, and I just don’t have time to make anything for breakfast. Lunch is where I’ve done most of my carb-eating, and dinner has mainly been meat and veg, so no problems there. I’ve started doing some exercise but only once a week really since we moved.

THE PLAN

-Keep taking shakes for breakfast
    -Take a packed lunch (not sure what but maybe a chicken salad)
    -Keep having meat and veg for dinner
    -Set a goal for exercise and stick to it

Simple! I’ve done it before, I know I can do it, I know that it works, so here’s to the recommiting to my health 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi Verano, S-G, Nicola, Butterlover,
    I’m just coming to the end of a week’s holiday at home which has been lovely. Mostly gardening and visiting friends. I managed a couple of 24 hour fasts during the week although I’ve not been weighing, or counting calories. I know that is key to success but I find it a bit of a chore at times. However, back to work Monday and have a clear run of 10 weeks to my next week off at the end of August.
    Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Nicki! So nice to see you posting today 🙂 A job change AND a move to another country represents
    mega stress, so please don’t be too hard on yourself. I took such things in stride when I was a young
    woman, but I’ve learned by experience that with each successive decade, it’s a little harder to shake
    off. I’m guessing that what may be contributing to your fatigue is that you’ve fallen out of ketosis.
    You have all the tools to return to BSDing, so brush yourself off, jump back into posting, and do pop
    in on the 4 week challenge thread so we can share your new lifestyle in northern Scotland. What
    an adventure! Welcome “home” 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

on

Hi all, hope you are all feeling good. Nicky I know that feeling with the hairdresser. My hairdresser does it at home and she doesn’t have a mirror and it was only reading you post that I thought about that. I have been having various treatments for my face, laser treatment, facials etc and people keep jumping me in shopping centres and putting that puffy eye stuff under my eyes. They have made me feel so insecure about my looks that I have stopped looking. Dont buy the puffy eye cream, it works but cracks into a white powder and you cant put makeup on top or it cracks, and when do you want to look your best, yes, when you go out wearing makeup. The other thing is it drags the fluid from your bags but leaves it 10 times worse.

Back on track and still hoping for 2lbs by Tuesday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend all.

• posted by Chimp Tamer
    on

Still keeping on too…..
    Day 12 and weight loss has continued after a brief halt. Not finding it hard which is astonishing to me. Planning a cheat-meal tomorrow night as going out to dinner for Father’s Day but other than that I have been 100% committed. Need to decide what to do next week. My original plan was to kickstart the weightloss plan with Fast800 for just 2 weeks then move to 5:2 till I get to goal. But may stick with Fast800 for a bit longer. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon. Glad to ‘see’ a few more friends posting! Nicola I just have to agree with Allie, by the way how are you Allie?, don’t be too hard on yourself. Moving home is stressful but home and country together is really tough.

I decided to cook today. I made cold pepper soup, similar to gazpacho, adapted from a Jun Tanaka recipe. It really is lovely but we had a mixed response to my chilled cucumber and avocado soup from the Pioppi Diet book. I love it OH hates it! Could just be the dill. Next time I might use a different herb. I am a huge fan of cold soups and will make the courgette soup and have that chilled.

We had a lovely lunch earlier in the week. Unusual ….. cold gazpacho, cold mixed cooked summer vegetables in the center of the dish and hot poached salmon on top of the vegetables. It was really light and very nice. I was trying to reproduce that with a cucumber and avocado base. But hey, I now have both so no problem really.

Never be made to feel insecure by other people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who are these people anyway? At least, eating this way, we are all beautiful inside! Enjoy the rest of the weekend

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hiya, V.! I’m doing great, thank you for asking 🙂 I’m shamelessly appropriating your salmon
    and vegetable dish for this night’s dinner, and have already grilled a tray of courgette, eggplant,
    red peppers, red onion quarters and a few roma tomatoes for later this evening, to be served
    as a bed for wild salmon. They look beautiful! Weather here has turned decidedly hot 33C,
    so your soup production sounds enticing too. Would mint be more pleasing to your o/h
    instead of dill? I hope that you will share your collection of summer favorites on either
    LTC’s Good Eats or my Full Course Summer Salads threads. Summer always finds a tub
    of gazpacho in our refrigerator, too! A few more weeks before good tomatoes begin to
    arrive…Your repertoire sounds intriguing, so please share 🙂 I love cold soups and salads
    in the warmer months, because I can’t face a plate of hot food at night. Water glass up
    up up V! I’ve gotten lax with this too, so now have cucumber spears floating along in
    it. Have a wonderful evening!
    xx
    Allie
    Allie

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning and it’s Fathers Day here in the UK so I’m sure there will be some celebrations.

We are having lunch here so I can control what we eat! Chilled soup, followed by roast chicken with salad or mashed garlic cauliflower and green beans. For dessert stewed rhubarb, apple and ginger with Greek yogurt and strawberries. Then a cheese board. I know this sounds like a lot but I won’t eat too much and it will be my only meal of the day!

Hope you enjoyed the salmon Allie and I will post my soups on the Summer Salads thread tomorrow. I made a green vegetable medley for my salmon but roasted vegetables sound lovely so I will try that. I guess that sea bass fillets or even cod would also be good on vegetables. The gazpacho just adds an extra dimension.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. Three days of this week still left to take a step towards the goals.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Just dashing off a quick post this morning because we are out for a lovely days walking in Thetford forest today.

Have had a difficult week with no computer – but nothing like the problems that Sunshine-girl has had with the hack into Facebook. It has been difficult though trying to run my little business with just a tablet and a phone when all my data was on my broken Computer.

Computer is now repaired with all the data retrieved. I should really be catching up with the admin today but I am going to leave it all to next week and am going for my lovely walk in the forest.

on

Well I am counting my blessings today. To hell with the weight just for one day (no I am not coming off diet). Today is Fathers Day and my daughter (MY daughter) sent my husband a card saying ‘Anyone man can be a father but it takes a real man to be a special Dad’. Bless her. She has always treated him as her dad for 36 year but she usually sends very sarcastic, jokey cards. I think this one was very much appreciated. Today is my grandsons 10th birthday and I love him to bits – along with his brother who is turning into a teenager both in age and temperament, bless. Today we are supposed to be having a big party with our near neighbours (about 30 people) which we hold at a mini roundabout at the end of our lane which is the end of a cul-de-sac. This has been cancelled because our friend, Serge, who lives right by there, is dying of terminal bowel cancer. It would be crass having a party outside his house and crass just to have a party at all. We are all sending out love and hugs.

Back to the weight, I am back to my Tuesday weight of 3.5lbs so no actual weight loss this week, but the week is not yet over. See you all tomorrow. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 7 of 7 . Got a bit mixed up with days yesterday! Anyway, last day of this week today. Does anybody want another ‘one week at a time’ thread or maybe a ‘just 7days’ to ….. whatever thread?

S-g life is full of good bits and bad bits. When the good outweigh the bad we’ve had a ‘good’ day. Hope you enjoyed your ‘break’ yesterday.

All my good intentions were ruined by one moment of weakness when I agreed to an Indian meal out when I really wasn’t hungry! Such is life. Anyway today is another day and tomorrow I’ll be wiping the slate clean and starting again!

on

Hi all, it think you are a bit mixed up today too Verano, today is day 6 and we weigh in tomorrow – or am I wrong. I didn’t take a break yesterday, just not dwelling on the ‘diet’ when there are other things to think about – good and bad – fortunately for me it is mainly good. The weight is just a smidge lower and the BG is running at 5.4 with less insulin so will let it settle down before I reduce more. Have a good week all.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g no today is day 7. Tuesday is day 1 I think! Glad things are mainly good.

on

I just know I weigh on a Tuesday but then again, on the other thread I weigh on a Monday so very confusing. Keep well, V.

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Thanks all for your replies! I’m glad to be posting on here with some good news again. As of this morning I’m back on the wagon 💪🏻💪🏻 I made a big batch of soup last night, so I’ll be having that this week for lunch, a low carb shake for breakfast, and then meat and veg for dinner. I’m going to weigh myself tomorrow in time to start the new 7 day challenge, and hopefully get a few lbs off by next week. Looking forward to the next 7 days!

• posted by Nicola12
    on

Tuesday is day 1 which makes Monday day 7, right? It seems like most people just weigh on a Tuesday though (or am I wrong?!) rather than their end weight on Monday and start weight on Tuesday? Confusing! 🤔

• posted by Verano
    on

Weigh Tuesday which is end weight of one week and start weigh of the new one!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Yesterday we stopped for a light meal at a lovely hotel after our walk. I had prawns and salad and was pleased that I remembered to say that I didn’t want the Marie rose sauce with it. Sometimes I do forget to say that I don’t want the salad dressing. Have definitely lost more weight. Trousers are loser round the middle.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have lost a quarter of a pound today so now 9st. 4 1/4lbs – it feels like all of it around the tummy. Am so pleased it is slowing down as I Am trying to focus on blood sugars rather than losing too much weight.

Am trying a 21 hour fast today and will eat at 11am before I go off to work. This is the first 21 hour fast I have tried. Tuesdays are a good day to try this as I don’t leave for work until just before lunch and can eat before I drive – much safer for everyone on the road as I get a bit fuzzy around 16 hours into a fast.

Please log in or register to post a reply.