Spring into Summer: Week 1, May 29th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tesselate
    on

thanks much 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    S-g your blood sugar/insulin is doing really well and I’m sure when you relax it only helps. I feel like you it’s good to post where we ‘know ‘ each other but of course newbies and new ‘faces’ are always really welcome. Our small select ‘band’ is less likely to cause conflict, as happens on some threads. After all we are all here to help one another to a common goal…. better health and all that comes with that.
    So, DAY 6 of 7, let it be a good one full of positives and one step nearer to our goals.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone.Im reporting a continued lack of success . I started the weekend with a clear plan to stay on track .I had a really bad episode of addiction to bread on Friday night.Then yesterday an unplanned dinner at a chinese restruant. Now tonight hubby suddenly offers a dinner date , It seems like the world is not on my side.Anyway I haven’t been out for ages so Im going to enjoy it .Start again tomorrow.I.hope you are all having a great weekend.cheers

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Butterlover we all fall down at times. If we eat Chinese or Thai food out I now substitute bean sprouts or morning glory(water spinach) for the rice. I have saag bhaji, not deep fried like onion bhaji but just spicy spinach, with chicken tikka or tandoori and again no rice, when we have Indian food. It may not be ideal calorie wise but it more or less fits in with BSD. Most restaurants are really obliging and I ask for extra vegetables or salad instead of potatoes. It can be done just takes a bit more thought. When it comes to bread I think there’s only one way ….. ban it completely! Enjoy your night.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, hope you are having a great weekend. V I agree that it is good to help newbies and would certainly not want to discourage anyone from joining any thread, I am all about the sharing and banging on about this way of life. When I said I would stick with people I know I meant that I dont want to be dipping in and out of threads. It seemed to take up too much energy keeping up with it all. However, I am too nosey not to interfere when I see a question I think I can help with. From now on I just want to keep it small.

Another good day and hoping to get in the pool today – it is just hovering under 24 degrees but the sky keeps clouding over so keeping my fingers crossed. The first time I get in I will hate it, it will seem freezing and I am not one to jump straight in – just one toe at a time. By the time I have adjusted to the temperature I will be loving it and wondering what the fuss was about. BG still down and have seen some weight loss this morning, even without trying. Looking forward to jumping onto a new challenge at the start of my new 8 week journey. KOKO

• posted by NancyB
    on

I was so good at the 60th birthday party yesterday, just had protein nibbles. A few little cocktails sausages, one small piece of grilled chicken and some brie!! And been good today as well. There’s hope!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

NancyB – well done at the 60th birthday party. That’s exactly how I deal with parties. It definitely gets easier the longer you follow this way of eating.

Sunshine-girl – you are definitely on track and it looks as though you will be decreasing your insulin again very soon.

Butterlover – I don’t think any of us on this forum hasn’t had a blip at some-time. You have the right attitude – draw a line under it and start again tomorrow. Hope you had a lovely meal this evening.

I do agree with Verano – bread is very addictive and it is best to totally avoid it.

• posted by zinny
    on

Morning all
    Back from dog walking and very happy to report a 3 lb loss on my second week, making 13 lb in total. I managed quite well at the weekend, out for dinner but nominated myself driver so no drink, and asked for salad instead of chips with my main course. No pudding despite skinny Minnie’s in the party saying go on go go go on it won’t hurt you. I could have wrestled my sister in law to the ground for her pudding but I was firm with myself, and this morning after weighing I’ve had my reward.
    Out again tonight but I’m planning that the grilled burger no bun and salad will be my main, and no pudding. No drink as I will be nominated driver.
    Onwards and downwards!

• posted by NancyB
    on

Zinny – well done for losing 13lb in just two weeks!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning all and welcome to the last day of this week, our 7th ‘One Week at a Time’ challenge.

Well done zinny on your loss so far, a really good start. I hope you are encouraged by it. Well done on your choices NancyB, and Krysia says, it get easier to make good choices as time goes on.

S-g I feel just like you. I also find it difficult keeping up so I just stick to a couple of threads, unless of course I can’t help interfering! Hope you managed your swim yesterday and it wasn’t too traumatic!

So looking back over the last seven weeks I find myself around 4lbs up. Given that holidays and celebrations have, and still are, in the mix I’m ok with that. I usually put on a similar amount on holiday, but I don’t eat the simple carbs like bread, rice etc. so it’s easier to get back to lower carbing and counting when I get home. I should lose that quite quickly.

Tomorrow we can start all over again but have a good day today and make it count towards that goal, whatever it is.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi all, ready to get stuck in seriously tomorrow and I have joined another group called Just Starting Again which will be for my long term goals. I will be coming with you tomorrow to do a weekly challenge and will set myself weekly goals for weight, exercise, mindfulness etc.

I did have a wonderful swim yesterday. It took me 5 mins to get fully in but as soon as your body adjusts it feel just great. I did 30 mins and then my toes start to cramp, so that is my cue to get out. Unfortunately, a storm hit us around 9pm and the rain has only just stopped this morning so the pool temperature has dropped again. The storms are hanging around for a few days so no more swimming – maybe at the weekend.

Really looking forward to getting serious again and just keep on keeping on…

• posted by pkd2004
    on

Pleased to report 3lbs off so 15lbs in total in 7 weeks after a two week hiatus where I was not very self-controlled. I think I’m back on track now, though I do have a 4 day conference to attend, and one of the dinners is fondue! Well done to all the losers!

• posted by Trundlebug
    on

Hi all- checking in after weekend’s party during which am happy to report i stayed the right side (mostly) of all the food and drink. I had a nibble of some sweet stuff but called it a day at that and stuck to fizzy water. Get me! That said the arrival of la perioso made me realise that my increased appetite over the past week was likely due to hormonal shenanigans which has felt like a relief as i was becoming increasingly concerned at my need to eat 6 weeks into a restricted cal diet.

Anyhoo, normal service has resumed since yesterday and i am back to eating well and within ranges. My plan is to stay on the pony for the next 2 weeks, finish strong and then see where I am at. Not having a set of scales i have only the baggyiness of my clothes to go by. Oh and the wonderful experience of having that particular slightly grating aunt and equally grating cousins ask through gritted teeth how i have come to lose so much weight at the party. Ah! The small joys of big family life.

To all the newbies ( of whom consider myself one – just a bit ahead) – welcome and ask away. Random things come up and this forum is superb for clearing up confusions, sharing tips and just keeping you on the pony when you feel wobbly.

KrysiaD I’m so glad that client passed you the tip to the MM book and changed your view of your future and your own sense of agency in its creation. How perfect that you are now a part of that virtuous circle – sharing your success and your advice.

See you all on the new thread.
    X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hooray, Trundlebug!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done everyone for persevering through the last seven days. A new 7 day challenge has now started on Spring into Summer: Week 2 see you over there.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Trundlebug – I do think I was extremely lucky. If she hadn’t spoken to me I would be in a very bad way now and it’s nice to think that I am now part of that virtuous circle – sharing my success. Soon there will be so many of us that it will be impossible to ignore us and carry on with the old, out of date and scientifically unproven guidelines. Hopefully others will soon be lots of solid scientific proof to support this WOE.

I am logging in at 9st 5 1/4lbs. On 15th May I was 9st 6 1/2lbs so 1 1/2lbs loss since then.

• posted by Buddhas wife
    on

Hi all you beautiful!
    I was gone for business tripp and returned yesterday evening.
    Just pop in to report that this week was full of nice eating and Sweden’s national day yesterday.
    But wheigt in this morning and no gain this week! I’m hapy with that consider what the meny was 😂!
    Hope to come back later and read all your post.
    I head on to the new thread right away!
    A big thank you to all of you for exelent support, sharing and just beeing YOU!
    ❤️

Please log in or register to post a reply.