Shacks' 8-week new life – starting 12 Sep

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shacks
    on

I am clinically obese, with about 60kg to lose (although I’d be ecstatic with 40) – add to that a relatively stressful job, and my blood pressure has been really spiking over recent months. My GP discussed blood pressure meds, but after I did some research he’s agreed to support me with this diet for 8 weeks. I go back in 2 weeks time, so hopefully there will already be some improvement shown if I can keep on track!

So far so good today – following the meal plan in the book, and loved the lunch (capsicum with jewelled feta) and dinner (eggplant with lamb and pomegranate) … hated the blueberry and almond smoothie for breakfast with a passion. It just means I know when that crops up again I either need to replace the green tea with something else and perhaps use a different (say vanilla) yogurt … or just replace the whole meal with something I would prefer to eat!

Looking forward to this new challenge that will hopefully make the mental and physical breakthroughs I’m hoping for ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by shalimar
    on

Good luck and good health!!!

You’ve got plenty of company here!

I’m looking forward to fitting into some clothes i bought in hope!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Blueberry and almond SOUNDS good ….. guess not … LOL.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great that you doctor is prepared to support you on the eight week BSD Shacks and good news that day one has gone pretty well. Be cautious about using flavoured yogurt, as they come with added sugars, which will push up the carb content and it is keeping the carbs low, which is essential on the BSD. Bear in mind that all natural yogurts are not equal and some are much creamier than others, making them much more palatable, however, if you really can’t tolerate the blueberry and almond smoothie, I would suggest replacing it with something else.

Hope you continue to find the BSD easy to stick with and will soon be reporting great results. If you need advise or support, shout out and someone on here will be bound to respond.

• posted by shacks
    on

It did sound good – in hindsight I think it was probably the green tea that I wasn’t enjoying … I’ll try it one more time with coconut water instead and see how it goes – I need to amp up the bravery, though, first ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by shacks
    on

Thanks @sunnyb – loving it so far … have lost 4kg since I started, and have a lot more energy than when I started off. It’s amazing seeing physical results so quickly which is motivating. I’ve had a few slip-ups, as I’m the resident baker for work … but they were only small slip-ups and it was straight back on the horse again afterwards. Feeling great! Just not too sure what to do at the end of the 8 weeks, as I’ll be nowhere near by goal weight by then obviously. I presume I have to come off doing the fasting days for 7 days, and maybe move to the 5 days off and 2 days on?

Thanks for the support and advice ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.