Seriously Sensible September

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Following on from Attentively Awesome August, some of us are planning a Seriously Sensible September. Some of us have drawn a line under August because it wasn’t as awesome as we had hoped! Please join in our thread. We are a friendly bunch all at different stages of our BSD journey. Are you hoping to maintain/lose weight/lose inches/ do more exercise/ plan better meals.
    My plan is to chip away at losing another 4lb towards my goal weight which I hope to achieve by December. What is your plan for September?

• posted by CysterBSD800
    on

Hi cc I remember you from the starting in January 2017 thread. I lost four stones with the help of that group bin 2017.
    Then was expecting had a complicated pregnancy and a beautiful baby girl who is now one and a half. Time flies
    Hoping to lose the baby weight now .
    I have looked at a few threads to remind myself about how to do this
    Hopefully planning on cutting carbs down to 20g and calories 800 for a couple of months to kick start hopefully and then see how to go on from there.

What have you found most successful for your weight loss.
    Any meals or snacks you particularly enjoy?

on

Cyster – I do remember you! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Wow time has flown and I am still here! I lost 3stone during 2017 and maintained it really well last year but this year I’ve struggled with maintenance hence trying to get back to my goal for December. In answer to your questions I have actually stopped snacking. I only occasionally eat breakfast which I think has helped keep the weight off. I follow the principles of no bread, pasta, rice etc but nuts and cheese are my downfall! I am a strict vegetarian and find that I don’t have the same food choices as meat and fish eaters. I really want to get back to 133lb so that is why I am going to be seriously Sensible in September. You know this way of eating works Cyster. Good luck. You’ll soon lose the baby weight and be back on track.

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

Thanks for setting this thread CC.
    Hi @cysterbsd800 I have a 1.5yo too and also had a complicated pregnancy. Took me a while to finally make the first step towards getting back to a healthier body and remove baby fat 😅 in saying that, I think the first year of a baby’s life is demanding enough without putting extra pressure onto us.
    ————
    As for September goals, I can decide whether to set difficult to reach target or an easier one that I know I will reach 🤨
    So I’ll have two targets cause I can’t decide. 🤣
    Target 1 is a drop of 3kg/6lbs as I want to start putting on some muscles as well which should slow the scales results.
    Stretch target would be to reach my final weight goal of 60kg.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Yes, thank you CC for setting up this new thread! I can’t believe we are already September. Judicious July and Attentively Awesome August did not bring the results I had hoped for, but I know why….So I’m going to focus on the “Serious” for this month, and hope to see a discard of 2 kgs at least; 3 would be even better! I have also fallen into the bad habit of dozing off in front of the telly, so not sleeping well and then dragging myself up to bed at 2 am. I am sure that is part of the problem, so will try and make the point of heading up at 10.30pm ; I have assembled a pile of unread books from my vast collection, so will try and get back into a proper routine. And I must limit cheese….I initially typed “try to limit”, but that will not be good enough – no just “trying”! All best to all and will also be joining the weekly threads. Well done to those who have seen fantastic results!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning. So the first day of Autumn/Spring is upon us and a really great time to take stock.I can’t believe that we are already two thirds of the way through 2019. So far this year I’ve managed to lose 5lbs of my 2018 gain but still have a serious way to go. ‘So ‘Serious September’ has come just in time for me. Thank you ClarinetCathy for setting up this thread…. we’ve both been travelling this road for a while but there’s still time to make this year count.
    I will do my best to both read and post. I’m starting a new Keto diet tomorrow so I’m not quite ready to make goals yet. I realise that I’ve never really got my head around ‘high fat’. I do eat a ‘healthy fat’ way but I think full on Keto, low carb, medium protein and high fat, is going to be quite a challenge for me.
    Hope September is seriously good for all of us.

• posted by JGwen
    on

My target for this month is to do all I can to get my body more developed in burning fat. – I am going to go back to taking dietary supplements which are recommended for those struggling to burn fat, and I am going to aim to include periods of fat fasts to try to push my body into adapting better to run on fat.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I am definitely with you . I still have a few pounds to go to reach my 11 stone target which didn’t happen in August . Things were a bit disrupted and I have understood that I need some sort of routine . So on I go …back to work now and my various strategies which have managed to show results this year although so much slower now. I will see where September and the onsuing months take me. I won’t be going back anywhere though !
    I am uplifted by the liberating sense of no longer being addicted to carbage and sugar and I really feel that has been the key for me.
    I will be reporting in on here and of course encouraging anyone who joins us on the weekly thread.
    Lots of love to everyone xx

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

I would also like to join this thread. August, in fact the whole summer, was a disaster for me food wise. Went totally off track. This month I’d like to lose the 7lb that I gained over the summer and also get my bg levels back down again. However, I won’t be able to start seriously until 10th September. At 2lb per week it is achievable even starting a bit later in the month. I think I also need to post on here more often. Posting makes me more accountable too. And my OH has promised to join me again in this WOE …….so no excuses left!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi arcticfox, I guess you will see this post at some point as you gave targets for September at the end of your progress report on the August thread.
    I have the same target weight, for the same reason as you. – Its interesting that the riding holidays in the USA don’t list a weight limit, but those in Europe have 14 stone as the upper limit. I wonder if that’s the different between saddle styles, (for the none riders, because a western saddle is based on the old military style of saddles with a larger weight bearing area and riders have a different position in the saddle – armchair v’s legs hanging down) or down to differences in expectation on the shape of riders in Europe to the States.
    I am still irritated that while a size L is comfortable to a little baggy in most UK clothes, I can’t yet do up the new waterproof riding jacket with reflective strips which is a 2XL !!!!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone and thanks Cathy for setting this up. I’m in! Will be a bit sporadic posting this month as I have various trips coming up, but will keep up to date as best I can.

My goal for September is to maintain my current weight – 138/139lb – despite all the travelling. I went a bit off piste this month and by the end of last week was up to 141/142lb. But thankfully a few days on OMAD brought me back into line.

On which point, Cyster (welcome back and I remember you too! Congratulations on your baby 🙂 I have found that my most effective pattern has completely changed since starting the BSD in 2017. When I started I stuck rigorously to three small meals a day and lost a lot of weight very quickly. But now I find that to maintain – and definitely to shed more weight – I need longer gaps between eating. I have recently finished full-time working and was then in a really good maintenance routine of 18:6. I’d have a light lunch at around 1:15 and an evening meal around 7:00pm. That worked really well for me, and as I mentioned above a recent OMAD blitz managed to quickly shake off some pounds that had crept back.

So my advice to you – and anyone either wanting to restart or whose progress is stalling – would be to try shaking things up a bit. If a particular pattern of eating is not achieving the results you want then try different timings and routines to see if something else is more effective for you.

Good luck everyone and look forward to travelling with you all X

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi all
    Thanks for the shout outs LouiseK and Wendy! I have been around and reading posts from the sidelines. Had a busy August basically in maintenance – doing 16:8 and mostly under 30g carbs – as I am pretty much at my goal, but the last couple of weeks I have let in too much chocolate ( it is 85 or 99% but need to limit this!) and some carb loaded carbage I didn’t need. 👎
    So to be more serious in September I am going have my goal to focus on getting back to 16:8/800 -900 cals/20g for at least 5 days a week for the month. I have at least 5 functions where I know I will have wines and extra foods this month, but hopefully will be able to maintain across the month by being “serious”.
    Good to see so many people jumping on to this September thread.
    And yes, we did have a good start to Spring here in Melbourne LouiseK, but cooling off now. But it was nice enough to be out in the garden cutting back my large salvia which flowered right through winter. I put that Brownie recipe in my food app Louise, and they came out at almost 10g carbs each, so maybe cut them into smaller pieces? I make a chocolate biscotti from lowcarbyum site which are about 4g each, they go nicely with a cuppa.
    Happy September everyone and all the best with your goals 🌸🌺

on

So lovely to see a great crowd of us who are serious about being sensible in September. Welcome aboard everyone and here’s to our success whatever our September goal is. Great to see a good mix of goals too. I think it is important to be realistic when setting goals to avoid making this too difficult for ourselves and also to make it doable. My goal for September is to lose 4lb. I so want to get back to my goal weight of 133 by Christmas. I’ve stopped weighing myself daily which is good for me and so will probably get weighed every Monday so that means that there are 5 Monday’s to weigh in during September. I think 4lb is doable even for me if I focus and mix things up a bit as DCT has suggested.

We are travelling in great company. We know this works, we just need to stay sensible.

I looked up what the word sensible actually means and the definition is “done or chosen with wisdom or prudence, likely to be of benefit”. I looked up the definition of prudence and it said “acting with or showing care and thought for the future. What WISE WORDS we have chosen for our onward journey. Be prudent everyone!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi CC and thank you for setting up the thread. I am definitely in for a serious sensible September, and to share your goal of discarding 4lbs. Apart from temptation during a visit to the UK ( Bath – Julia!) next weekend, it should be do-able. Although I do find it more difficult now that I am in the healthy BMI range. Onwards and downwards.

• posted by Annach
    on

Hello,
    Can I please join you all? I followed 5:2 for years, hovering around a healthy weight then had abdominal surgery that meant serious restriction for months and once recovered, allowed me to eat foods I hadn’t touched for years. Serious bingeing saw a 15 kilo increase that I haven’t dented in a year 😩. I desperately need a reset. I am starting to feel ill again. A friend was recommended this diet by GP for reset purposes. I don’t have a weight goal in mind, I just want to feel lighter. Good luck everyone

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Hi everyone – I’ve closed out August (see the thread for results!) and ready to continue my very slow but steady progress in September with a seriously sensible attitude 😊. For those like me that lose slowly, I want to remind you not to get discouraged when you see posts with large regular losses. Just keep your own focus, we will get there in the end and it’s really not a competition or race. Just because our bodies lose more slowly, doesn’t mean we aren’t doing good things internally for ourselves, whether its a mental shift or physical. Maybe we’re reducing internal fat, healing our organs, lowering our insulin resistance or other good things that aren’t visible. For anyone that starts to feel discouraged, please reach out as I want to make sure everyone feels supported no matter the rate of discard and I know that I rely on certain people to cut through the panic and help me think more rationally. You all know who you are!
    Annach – welcome!! Feeling lighter is a great goal! So lovely to see some familiar faces and the range of goals, especially the different ones that don’t necessarily focus on scale readings.
    For me, I aim to stick to 800 with my 20g carbs, 38-42g protein and healthy fats. I’m not sure if I will be working this month as I’m freelance but if I’m lucky enough to get a job, I will continue on with steering clear of the on set snacks and catering no-nos. I’m also focused on raising my breathalyzer numbers which may require an egg fast. I think last month I had planned to get back to yoga but was impossible with my work hours so will be a goal again this month. As well as adding back in exercises and the occasional hill sprints.
    As Yoda says “Do or do not, there is no try!” and also “May the force be with you!”

• posted by wendleg
    on

Good to see all the lovely regulars checking in ! Glad you didn’t stay away too long,Merry ! I know what you mean by the choc…despite it being 90% it’s still too easy to over indulge !
    Yes JGwen, I thought of you when I read articfox’s post about riding holidays and weight limits.
    Scottishgal!! Good to see you !! Come and be nagged on the weekly thread too 🙂
    Caronl, you have always been so supportive.. ..add serious and sensible to that and we will smash September !
    Hello Annach ! Course you can joing us ! Welcome and the very best to you !

• posted by wendleg
    on

OMG Kafin….I just checked out your August post !!!!!!!!!!!! That is incredibly encouraging and uplifting .You so deserve it ! You never ever give up whatever mischief the unicorns are getting up to ….and now after such a long, disappointing stall you have a result ! I am so pleased for you . Nothing comes easy to you and I suspect you will still be doubting yourself and struggling to trust your achievement .Believe it …and we will all be rooting for you in September !! Allie will be doing cartwheels !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Caronl, are you meeting Julia in Bath ? I met Kazz in the Midlands earlier this year .That was one special moment xxx She is a total gem,warm , funny and caring , exactly as she sounds on the forum !!

• posted by CysterBSD800
    on

So lovely to see so much motivation and goal setting for this month.
    Hope everyone had a good day today

Today was my first day I managed to stay on target and am very proud of myself as my toddler is poorly and I haven’t slept properly in a while.
    I decided that if I can do it during this time then I can follow this way of eating no matter what.
    LouiseKangooroo agree that first year is very demanding lol feel like I’m starting to get myself back iygwim
    Dreamscometrue some lovely advice and I remember you from the old thread too
    How have you got on since then

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi everyone, I’m definitely in for Sensible September. Thanks for setting up this thread, CC.

My aims are to discard 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs), get more exercise each week, and—like 6T—stay off the cheese (except when I’m doing an Egg Fast).

Merry, welcome back, great to hear from you again!!

Kafin you’re absolutely right about not focussing too much on the rate of loss. I know I sometimes get too caught up in the numbers, despite JGwen’s wise counsel to look at the broader picture, so that’s a really helpful reminder for me.

Everyone, good luck everyone with your September goals.

Cheers, Elky

• posted by LouiseKangooroo
    on

@kafin13 when I read about your weight being stuck for 4 months and finally shifting in August with a great 3+ kg loss, it reminded me of what Dr Fung says about body set weighs.
    Maybe that weight you were stuck at for 4 months was your new body set weight. And by being consistent and persistent you push through it and the scales will move again.
    I will link below some material on body set weight.
    https://idmprogram.com/how-to-control-the-body-weight-thermometer/

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello everyone – I’m in too and thanks for setting up CC! Awww shucks, Wendy! 🙂 Back at ya, as they say! 🙂 xxxx
    August is tricky and wasn’t awesome for me to be honest, but I did lose 4 lbs last week, which is a first when I’ve had a staycation! However, I am very serious about September, and also totally inspired and fired up by Wendy’s anniversary post on the weekly thread! 6 weeks this Thursday I will be flying to America to visit our friend, Allie, and I have a new Autumn mac coat in dark yellow that doesn’t zip up right now, it’s about an inch away! And I’ve mentioned my aversion with the ORANGE seat belt extenders before and something to also be avoided! So, I plan to get that coat zipped up by the end of this month – that is my goal. Good luck to everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Kafin – you too are also an inspiration with your doggedness and determination despite the scales remaining static for 4 months! I’m overjoyed for you! 🙂 Also sending cartwheels, pom poms, claps and hugs to you! 🙂 xxx

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Kazz – nice mac

• posted by 175Target
    on

would like to join in for September. i have been stuck at a weight plateau for a few weeks so for the fist half of September i am going back to 800 cals a day for the first two weeks (in week two dropping down to 35g max carbs a day) then back to 800 cals Monday to Friday for the rest of Sept but try and keep the carbs down under 35g.

Goal i want to get rid of this pesky 9lbs for the month. this would get me down to 13 st 12 lbs and leave me with 20lbs to go to traget which would feel more achievable

• posted by Coriander
    on

Thanks for setting up the SSS thread.

I’m a relative newbie – two weeks in to the Fast 800 plan. I tried the plan earlier in the year, but crashed out after 2 weeks. I did more or less maintain the 16:8 eating patten, though – with the result that I’ve lost about 2 stone this year. I have another 2 to go, which I hope to shed by the end of the year.

I’m a vegan, so food choices are a bit more limited, and I probably still eat too many carbs – even on the 800 cal plan. My aim for September is to measure my carb intake, and to keep going with the plan instead of giving up when the going gets tough, like I did last time round.

I’m also going to aim for regular 10,000+ step days.

Good luck with your September aims, everyone!

• posted by David Knight
    on

My aim is to start the 800 cal plan on 16th and do it for 3 weeks. Up until then 5:2 (with a bit of a break for a long weekend in Amsterdam). Also stick to TRE and 15000 steps a day.
    No specific weight target but I really want to keep my blood low and get agreement from the doctor to reduce my drugs.
    Make it so No1 (for any star trek fans out there)

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hello everyone I am so in too😀. I did ok in August but as you know I was on holiday for the middle to end of August. I had a little gain but I was expecting it. I have got back into ketosis at last so my goals this month is to stay in and get my numbers up and discard as much as I can.

Wendy amazing honey, I know I replied on the weekly thread but I had to say it again because I am so made up for you and you have been amazing to me and everyone.❤️❤️

Kafin amazing results and you have been so strong in not giving up no matter what your body was doing!❤️ Your result is great and you should be really proud of it.

Like Kafin said earlier we will all do this at our own pace, o two bodies are the same and no one knows just how much we good we doing in places we can’t see. You are all awesome and just by giving it a go you helping become a healthier you. I am jumping for joy and joining Kazz in cartwheels and Pom poms 🤣🤣🥰🥰🥰🥰 see you all soon. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Jennie – thank you! Let’s hope I don’t look like a lemon! 😁😁

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Kazz – wouldn’t be good but would be funny!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

So much activity to wake up to – I love it! all this sharing and supporting is a big part of the whole journey 💕 I forgot to mention that one of my goals is to get into the 160’s (lbs) – I’m currently 0.3lbs off so it may be a short term goal but it will give me a great deal of satisfaction. I think that will also bring me into the 11 stone range as well although I’m more familiar with pounds and kilos.
    Thank you, Wendy, Birdy and Kazz – envisioning you in your yellow raincoat raising a pair of pom poms and attempting a cartwheel at the same time. You have a gift, my friend! 😍

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Kafin – well done on your August discard. That is fantastic!
    Wendy – happy anniversary, and well done on your great year. I would like to get down below 75kg by next summer, having started the beginnning of August at 96kg, so feel in a little similar position to where you were last year.
    JGwen – I always thought that the weight limits were just another sign of Europe being further ahead than North America on animal welfare issues in general, and that people are more comfortable with following rules and regulations. Western saddles may distribute weight over a larger area, but they can be more than 10lb heavier than an english saddle, so that needs to be factored in as well. When I was in bootcamp I fit into a 17″ saddle with so much room to spare I probably could have used a 16.5″ one. My x-country safety vest was bought at that time and is 36″ at the bust. I think my waist is bigger than that at the moment!
    I did feel my best when I was in bootcamp and weighed 72-73kg, so I think that is a reasonable target overall. I have been down as low as 65kg as an adult, but that was after 6 months of very unhealthy starvation while working on a farm and I was malnourished and had not much muscle left, so I think that is too low for me. I had a lot of muscle when I was in bootcamp and was actually a size smaller than when I was 65kg.
    I am going to do my absolute best to be seriously sensible in September. I was visiting with friends at a horse show on Saturday where there was free ice cream and they were trying to get me to eat some, but I resisted. Luckily because most ice cream has soy in it, I can use my allergy as an excuse and people respect that more than “I’m on a diet”. That was still in August, being the 31st, but I think I can view it as kicking September off right.
    My plan is just to keep doing what I was doing in August which is eating minimal amounts of cheese and chocolate, but still having nuts on some days, going hiking and bicycling for exercise, alternating well fed, high iron days with lower calorie days or fasting days, consuming as many different veggies and low carb fruits as possible, and keeping track of what I’m eating.
    I can register my first NSV for September already. I went for a short hike yesterday and the walking part wasn’t the only hiking I was doing. I was also hiking my shorts up at regular intervals, especially on the downhill stretches. I didn’t feel like they were fitting any looser when I put them on, but clearly they must be!

on

A big warm welcome to the new members of the SSS thread. There are a lot of positive vibes coming through and I think we are all destined to do well this month because we seem to be seriously Sensible. Just wanted to share a workday win for me today. We had a delivery of six MASSIVE raspberry and white chocolate muffins and six MASSIVE chocolate muffins as well as some chocolate brownies. The boxes of muffins were really heavy when I picked them up and each muffin would have been enough for two people to share- they seriously were HUGE. I wafted the lid of the raspberry and white chocolate muffins, inhaled and then….. this is what I thought…… genuinely….. POISON! Hence, I wasn’t even tempted to try a crumb. That is a result after being on BSD for three years. I’d have eaten one without any thought three years ago.
    Lunch today was three eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese and Greek Yoghurt and raspberries. Still feeling full.
    Must admit to feeling slight smug about my reaction to the MASSIVE muffins!
    Stay sensible everyone!

• posted by arcticfox
    on

175Target – I’m pretty close to the same weight as you, and losing 9lbs would bring me under 14 stone as well. It would be a bit of a stretch for me to lose that in one month, but I’ll try to keep up with you!

• posted by Verano
    on

Kazz you always make me smile! No worries about that extension belt because you just won’t need one, promise!
    So my first day of full on Keto ….. not sure what to say really. Didn’t have breakfast. Lunch was scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Smaller portions than suggested but not hungry.
    Dinner was Thai fish, cod, with cauliflower which was delicious!!! Finding all this ‘fat’ difficult to get my head around so not using quite as much as suggested.
    Interestingly I’ve really taken notice of what I am eating today. I realise that I had become ‘sloppy’ about my food choices and portion sizes. Also had no nuts, Ryvita or 90%!
    Green tea and black coffee, together with water, have helped my day!
    Hope everyone is having a good day…. I will be back tomorrow!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hi everyone, lovely to see so many familiar names on here, and so many new ones too 🙂
    Thanks Cathy for starting this thread. I wasn’t as Attentive in August as I intended to be, life got in the way again with more trials and tribulations….I did however record a net loss of 1/2 a kilo for the month, so it could’ve worse I guess.
    What I have realised is that there is no “right time” to focus on my diet and health, there’s only NOW. There’s always going to be obstacles, set backs etc – but there’s also always going to be opportunities, I really need to continue my journey one day at a time.
    This year has flown past so far, and I’m nowhere near the goals I set in January, in fact overall the numbers on the scales are going up not down.
    So my goals for September are pretty straightforward. I’m going to refocus, be sensible and go back to basics. Like many of you on here I’ve lost weight before following BSD so can do it again 🙂

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Verano, just read your post about Keto. My middle daughter has been doing this for a good 6 months or so now and she’s lost a lot of weight and dropped at least 2 dress sizes. She was such a carb addict before, and a very fussy eater, so it really surprised me when she started Keto. Good luck!

• posted by Elky
    on

Hello everyone, really just dropping by to say hi and catch up with what everyone’s up to, as I have no news to report.

Kafin I tried to post to congratulate you on your August result, but that thread was having one of its “you’re not a real person and you can’t post here” moments – it happens to me sometimes. So anyway, doing the happy dance for your result – hurrah hurrah hurrah, you go girl!!

Kazz, you had such a great week – 4 lbs!! May it continue for September! And to make the seat belt extenders bright colours is just cruel – at least here they are a discreet black. And sometimes if the flight attendant is a sweetheart, they pass it to you all folded up and discreet, like a drug transfer LOL I don’t need them anymore, but I have been there, and it’s not fun. I agree with Verano, you won’t need one, September will be good to you!!

Arcticfox, yay for the NSV!! And on starting September on such a very strong note, staying away from the icecream.

CC, you are absolutely entitled to feel smug about the muffins, that’s a wonderful reaction to have. I look forward to getting there one day LOL

Hello to everyone else, hope September is good to you.

Hugs, Elky

• posted by Tululah
    on

Hi all,
    So I’m going to join this group also if thats ok? Ive sporadically been in and around this place for the last few years but feel something has shifted this time. Ive been researching like mad this past year and also feel a lot more confident in making keto friendly alternatives – the flaxseed 1g carb wraps are my saviour at the minute. I’ve lost 12lbs in the last 14 days so have given myself a good start for September. My goal is to loose the same again in the month coming up. Im doing low carb 20g, medium protein and higher fat as I really want to crush my cravings and change my metabilsm and hormones once and for all. Going really well so far and the fat really helps to satisty and curb my appetite. Anyway best of luck everyone and i look forward to catchingup with your news when i can.
    KOKO warriers! Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Tululah 😊
    You’ve made a wonderful start to your journey – go girl!
    Can I ask what recipe you use for the 1g carb wraps? I’d like to try them 🐥🐥
    Thanks!!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Morning everyone!

Fantastic to hear so much good news on here already – too many to name individually but well done all! – and what a lovely group of travellers we have for September. Big hello to all the new people on here 🙂

Just wanted to say a quick hello to SueBlue – long time no see! Glad you are back with us and still moving forward despite what sounds like a really tough year for you. It’s great that your daughter is doing well too.

Also sorry for late reply Cyster but to catch up, I’ve had various ups and downs since we started in 2017 too. I began my BSD journey at 12 1/2 stone (175lb) and lost the first couple of stones quite consistently over the first few months, but since then I have still not reached my long term goal of 9 1/2 stone (133lb). Lowest I got – earlier this year – was 136lb (very briefly to 135lb but that was only for one day!) and am now 138/139lb.

I was interested to read what LouiseKangaroo posted about body set weight because I’ve been around this same weight for several months now. Have been lower but sprung back pretty quickly; but the encouraging thing is that once or twice I’ve made rubbish eating choices for a few days and the weight has started going back on again – but just a few days back on the WOE and I’m back at 138/139lb again. I’ve found this pattern ever since the initial weight loss: my weight settles then if I put in extra serious sensibleness another pound will eventually come off and the weight will gradually settle at that. Takes a week or so to bed down then stays there for ages. So for me it’s now pound by pound – with a big stretch between each one. So I’ve kind of given up on setting time-related weight loss goals for myself as that’s just not how things seem to work for me, but I do have my 133lb target and “hope” to get there sometime over the next few weeks/months 🙂

Am off to London to day then Ragdale Hall tomorrow so will catch up with you all at the weekend X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Kazz I missed your 4lbs loss ….. great!!!!!! That seat belt will even be loose!
    SueBlue good to see you again and you’re right there is no ‘right time’ we just have this minute and that’s the best time! Good to hear your daughter has done so well with Keto. I’m just one day in and, given that I’ve been following this WoE for over three years, I thought the adjustment would be easier than it’s turning out to be. I’m sure I’ll be fine but just need to get my head around all that fat!
    Have a good day everyone.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thanks Verano, and thank you too DCT 🙂
    I hope you have a great time in London and at Ragdale Hall, it sounds lovely. I’m hoping to visit London again in 2021 – surely I’ll be able to lose my excess baggage by then! 😊

• posted by CysterBSD800
    on

Hi everyone lovely to see so many Ch motivation feel like we will have s good month.
    I am very happy as I have lost 6 pounds this week so far doing intermittent fasting and low carb
    Have been motivated I know this is just the begging quick loss but motivating all the same
    Just wanted to share this website has some lovely keto recipes
    https://www.sweetashoney.co/

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Wow Cyster! 6lbs is awesome September start! Thanks for the website, will take a look as I need to step up my cooking game, I’ve gotten lazy with the heat and have been sticking to the same salads.
    Hi Tululah and welcome, great start!
    Thanks Arcticfox and Elky, slow and and not even steady but finally making progress 😁🤣

on

DCT- have a fabulous time at Ragdale. I go every year with my friend for a five day break- it’s bliss. I am so envious. Enjoy it all.
    SueBlue- there are a fair few of the January 2017 thread still here and it’s lovely to see you back with us. We’re still plodding together.
    Cyster- a fabulous start- 6lb already – that’s amazing.
    Kazz- nice to see you onboard with us all- doesn’t seem that long ago that we were on the road trip together! What adventures we have had doing BSD!
    Verano- hope you’re keeping away from the Ryvitas!

I’ve been feeling really hungry today- those muffins are still lurking at work-two left!
    Had another sensible day. Just deciding what to eat for my evening meal.
    Have been missing my cat Big Bob this last few nights. He would have been sitting on my knee now that the weather is turning more autumnal and there is a Big Bob shaped emptiness where he would have been.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am enjoying being sensible- just hope the scales reflect my hard work on Monday when I get weighed. Am keeping away from them until then to avoid disappointment!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi all glad to see people doing well.

Cyster that is a really good start to our SSS❤️ Also thanks for the website link, some really yummy looking dishes. I did not realise just how many different recipes were out there. I don’t know about you but over summer months I really can’t be bothered to cook properly and I like Kafin get lazy and tend to stick to stuff that is easy and I know works😂. But come autumn and winter and I love being in the kitchen! It must be the heat! Too hot in the summer to cook but perfect in the colder months!

CC I am so sorry you are missing your beautiful boy. Sending hugs 🤗. Good that you have resisted again though❤️ It can be a nightmare when you are hungry the temptation parcels go up, but you did good hun. I walked past our village bakery today and oh how it made me want some bread! It smelt so so good and their bread is amazing! They make all artisan breads and cakes! I am not worried about the cakes though. I walked on by and by the time I got in my car the craving for bread had gone!

Sueblue so good to see you back, you are a true star continuing when you have so much going on.❤️

Verano what are you finding difficult? I am trying to up my good fat at the moment and have bought extra virgin avocado oil to try. It is supposed to be nice? I now have virgin coconut oil and of course olive oil. I have been using coconut oil for a number years now and I always lick the spoon after measuring it out. I hope tomorrow goes better for you V🥰

Lovely to see you DCT and Merry so great to see you too❤️ Hope all is going well.

Kazz you will NOT need that vastly bright extension in 6 weeks and you won’t look like a lemon in your coat either hun❤️

Wendy I hope you have had a good day, even though school has got in the way😂 just this year then it will never get in the way again.

Elky I hope your EF goes well hun, I amrouting for those numbers to go up for you. I have ordered a ketone blood tester😂. My pee sticks are getting a darker pink and my breathalyser is saying I am in ketosis but that is the extra or waste as they say, so it will be interesting to see exactly how many are floating through my blood. I live an experiment.😂🦄

Me I have got back down to 14-1 so pre holiday weight😁. Let’s see just how being sensible works🥰. Not that I am sensible! More of a silly bu***r😂😂. Luck and love to you all🦜💞

• posted by Verano
    on

Birdy I think after 30 years, or so, of being brainwashed by the ‘low fat’ monster I’m finding difficult to change my mindset. When I first started BSD eating, over three years ago, it felt totally alien but I’ve ‘learnt’ that , for me, it’s the right way to go.
    I use avocado oil and olive oil and I do like butter but I’m not a fan of coconut oil unless it’s with Thai flavours. I think that my main problem is that I don’t eat a lot of meat and never fat on meat or chicken skin, it’s just not to my taste. I don’t like cooked cheese but do like it in its natural state. I would never eat butter or cheese with meat apart from parmesan on Bolognese. So maybe my tastes are a bit odd.
    So I think I need to change my mindset, rather my tastes in food, and add more fats by adding cream to coffee and eggs etc. I’m learning a lot as I go along and I’m sure I will master keto eating in the end. Never one to give up I’ll just keep on keeping on …….
    How are you s-g? And Allie? And all the other regulars who have not posted in a while?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning V I think I know what you mean! I have been looking at diet doc and when you see the meal plan for one day they can be over 2000 calories😱 and after being on only 800 for a while it seems very scary indeed! I don’t think I could do an egg fast again but I am very happy to fry eggs in butter! Reading Dr Bosworth’s book ‘anyway you can’ is helping me reset my mind a little. Her mother had/has an aggressive form of leukaemia (CLL) and one of her patients told her about the top cancer doctors that were using a keto diet for their patients. I don’t know if you have heard of her but she is an internal medicine doctor. I am about half way through and she has had some ups and downs along the way and she explains everything in layman’s terms. Her language is a lot more everyday person rather than doctor which has made it easy to understand, thankfully. I love Dr Fung and the like but they are a bit heavy going on the science language 😂. If you haven’t read it it is well worth a read as it really is keto for beginners. Wendy recommended it to me and I am so glad she did❤️

I have always loved chicken skin and with all the other diets felt cheated that I couldn’t eat it! I also love the fat on a juicy steak! I think I maybe able to follow the principles along with my mum, but like you I really need to get my head around it and the amount of calories. Sorry I am waffling on! Good luck with it V and I am here waving my Pom poms for your success. Birdy💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.