SERIOUSLY DOING THE FAST 800 AGAIN, JOIN ME

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Verano maybe those pounds will drop off in a few days like other holiday returners. If you were on a plane then water retention is massive.
    Enjoying being away from work and lots of sunshine and really enjoying Mallorquin food. Lots of fish which I love. Managed a run each morning although not up to my usual speed. It is hotter than Scotland though so as long as I am moving each morning I’m happy.
    Food wise have had the odd ice cream but avoided starch with meals. Will be over in terms of calories the last 2 days in the hotel but today moving to house in middle of nowhere and self catering so easier to calculate intake. Hopefully keeping moving each morning will be a help.
    Have a good week all!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome back V, I wish my pounds would whoosh off, they seem to be sticking like glue, even after a good weekend. Can only put it down to not having done any exercise for the last 4 or 5 days with all this rain. Must be a shock to my body after doing 50 to 80 mins a day before. The sun is set to reappear tomorrow but the pool is cold now so I will just have to brave it. It is lovely once you get in.

Not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow but will be here anyway. Hope the rest of you are doing well.

• posted by Verano
    on

Julia you may be right I’ve lost 1.8lbs in one day! I looked back in my journal and it took me 5 days to lose my holiday gain back in April so hopefully will manage to do the same this time.

So this week I’ve lost 1.4lbs which makes an overall gain half way through the 8 weeks of 4.6lbs. I’m so confused that I think that’s right!

Anyway, today is the last day of my first year of BSD. I have done relatively well, could have done better but will post my final results tomorrow. Everyday counts!

So day 2 of 8 for me. Day 1 and I lost 1.8lbs of water . Hope to be back to pre holiday weight by the end of week 5.

Don’t lose heart s-g just think about how well you are doing with your BS and reducing the insulin. We just have to keep on keeping on….

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. I managed to stay at under 40g of carbs yesterday but was over my 900 calories by nearly 200. Suppose it wasn’t too bad for my first day back to ‘normal’ eating. Must do better today.

on

Hi everyone, well done Verano. This diet never seems to let us down, once you get back on the loss starts straight away.

I can report that in the 4 weeks since starting this challenge I have lost just 2lbs. Not great but my BG is down around 4.3 and insulin at 23 units so I am reducing the insulin again tonight to 22 units. Slowly, slowly does it.

Julia, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

on

Happy 4th July to all our American friends

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl! Celebrating here at Lake Tahoe, sunny day and LOTS of partying going on LOL!

• posted by Verano
    on

Seconding s-g’s good wishes for yesterday for our American pals.

S-g as you have said yourself you are stuck between a rock and a hard place BUT 2lb less and a steady drop in your insulin which in turn will help your weight loss. Must be hard not to get demoralised but slow and steady won the race … you will get off insulin in time.

Well now I’m convinced that Julia is right about water retention and I know somebody else also posted about water retention in the heat. I have dropped another 1.6lbs this morning and that makes 3.4lbs in 2 days so it can only be water. The good thing is that it makes me realise that by sticking to the principles, but upping the calories on holiday, I can lose any gain quickly if I act straight away. Just makes it possible to fit this way of eating into life without too many problems. Just a case of internalising BSD.

Hope you all have a good day.

on

Hi all, hope you enjoyed the day Californiagirl, well done V, we know we can do it.

I have to remember that I am taking a drug that reduces my bodies fat burning ability and actually puts on weight so I am fighting a double battle, temptation and insulin. Today my weight is down again so I know I can do it. Reduced insulin to 22 units and BG was slightly up this morning from 4.5 to 5.6 – I know it will steady itself out if I stick with the plan.

The sun is shining again after nearly a week of terrible storms, I even had to put a cardie on the other night LOL. Just had 20 mins in the pool but it was freezing (24 degrees) but nice once I was in and swimming, will do another 20 tonight, weather forecast for today 35 degrees.

Have a good BSD day everyone.

• posted by Sumo
    on

sunshine-girl

Count me in I need to lose an arm and a leg, but I will settle for an all over trim, to show I can be slim.

Back on the 800 here we go

on

Welcome Sumo, I hope you have the book – the 8 week blood sugar diet – as it has most of the information you need. Just shout up if you need help of advice. You say back on the 800, does that mean you have done it before???

on

Sumo, I see you have lost 2.5 stones and managed to keep that off despite your injury. Well done, and welcome to another round.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome back Sumo — I look forward to your posts!

• posted by Sumo
    on

Last round was last Oct to Christmas, as I have kept the 2.5 stone off yo-yoing a bit I now call this my current stable weight, onward and down wards once more, I did lose 3.5 stone last time but not in the 8 weeks, so first challenge is to get back to my lowest weight in over a decade, then down again.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Sumo good luck on your journey.

S-g sounds good on all fronts you just have to keep reminding yourself……. Double Battle, insulin and temptation, insulin and temptation. You know you’ll get there in the end, we all will, if we just keep our eye on the prize.

Well, DAY 4 of 8 for me and I’ve dropped another 0.4lbs of my holiday gain so just 1.8lb left to go. I really hope I can manage that by Tuesday’s weigh-in and then I can tackle a ‘proper’ weight loss over the last three weeks of the challenge.

We went out for a Greek meal last night. I was celebrating, my 1st BSD birthday, and so in true BSD style I just had chicken kebab with some salad and tzatsiki. No wine, but at home, just a small portion of fruit salad with a touch of ice cream. I’m amazed at how easily I’ve slipped back into this WOE after being away for 4 weeks with no weighing or counting. I can only assume that low carb eating is now engrained in my brain. Let’s hope so anyway!

Hope you all have a good day.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Verano
    I may be one of the odd ones, size and shape say I should be a diabetic, I have been told a few times by doctors, but I am an anomaly that just seems to keep generating my own insulin.
    I have been taking Cod Liver Oil for over 30 years for my joints but some other suggested benefits below, could mean I have been doing my self, untold good without knowing it?

Dozens of studies have linked cod liver oil with the following benefits:
    •lowering high cholesterol and high triglycerides
    •preventing and treating diabetes
    •lowering high blood pressure
    •preventing heart disease
    •reducing risk for osteoarthritis
    •treating depression
    •lowering risk for autoimmune diseases
    •fighting eye disorders like glaucoma and protecting eye sight
    •treating ear infections, allergies and asthma
    •preventing and treating kidney disease
    •helping to heal skin wounds
    •maintaining bone health and preventing fractures or osteoporosis

on

Hi everyone, cannot agree more Sumo, oils are brilliant which is why this is not a low fat diet but good fats, like rapeseed, olive oil and you could include some cod liver especially if you are like me and dont eat fish – but boy do they make your breath smell.

Well done and happy birthday to Verano and good keeping the Greek meal to BSD food. Med food is sooooooo BSD friendly anyway, minus the wine.

Weight today is stable but BG has jumped up to 6.2 but I will take it all in my stride. Maybe it was the processed cheese on my frittata last night. Annoying as I stuck to the plan and swam for a total of 45 minutes.

Anyway, I’ll just keep on keeping on…

• posted by Sumo
    on

Sunshine-girl
    My wife complains of fish burps, but I do not seem to suffer in this way

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning and it really is. I’ve lost all my holiday weight gain plus some! Down 2.6lbs this morning so very pleased that I’ve lost 6.4lbs in the last 4 days. I know it’s mainly water but nonetheless I think that by getting straight back to roughly 1000/40 is the way to go after 4 weeks of ‘normal’ BSD eating. I wonder if the body appreciates a bit of a change in eating now and again to get it working properly again. Who knows?

Sumo, sorry to rain on your parade, but I’ve been taking cod liver oil capsules for as long as I can remember but still got diabetes!! Like you I don’t suffer with ‘fish breath’ though.

So next small step for me is to lose another 1.2lb to get me back to my lowest BSD weight. Would be lovey to do that by the next weigh in on Tuesday but we have a weekend looming.

Hope you had a better result this morning s-g. As you say just keep on keeping on it’s all we can do.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Verano
    Doc’s say I am one of those anomalies and should be diabetic, so either its something I do and not aware of? or some luck in my body genetics, but I am losing weight as it may one day chose to change and wam I would be diabetic?

• posted by Verano
    on

Sumo lets just hope that whatever protects you continues to do so!

Just off for my annual diabetic eye test!

on

Hi all, not a happy playmate today, gained half a pound. So, I went back to log everything I ate yesterday and it came out at 900 calories and 36 carbs, so not too bad. I did notice that I spent 240 calories on snacks including nuts and an extra piece of chocolate for no good reason. I didn’t swim yesterday as I was feeling below par, must be the heat and the humidity. Today is hot, hot, hot, 37 degrees but without the humidity so I swam for 30 mins this morning and hope to do another 20 to 30 tonight.

BG is staying high so maybe I should increase the insulin back to 23 although when I say high it is 111, I remember the days when it was nearly 200 and even 125 is considered acceptable, so maybe I want too much.

Really pleased you have lost all the holiday weight V, long may the losses continue. Weekend approaches and I aim to be good but who knows. I will try hard.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hello Seriously gang, and welcome back Sumo. I will be joining you all for a week from next Tuesday, as my OH will be away in France making it easier to plan just for me, and I want to get shut of the few pounds excess hanging around after my birthday celebration and kick the cravings back into touch with a focused 7 days of 800/40g. I am still just about hanging on at the top of my comfort zone but feel the need for a reset.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl …. lovely name so using it in full! Half a pound is nothing. I’m sure that living in a hot humid climate makes a difference to weight/water loss/gain. One thing I have noticed since being back home is that when I drink water it exits quite quickly but it definitely didn’t in the heat. Maybe you need to drink even more!

Just have to hang in on there it will happen. As you say keep on keeping on …. although I know at times that wears a bit thin but really just keep on …… the alternatives really are bad!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

New plan, I am going to incorporate 5 days of fasting mimicking diet into my 7 day reboot from next Tuesday, so 2 days of BSD 800/40 followed by 5 days plant based only 800/40 keeping protein low as well for the benefits of autophagy. I will track all of these on Crono as usual and will report back if people are interested in my experience.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sounds interesting Mixnmatch please do keep us updated.

Not the best of days for me yesterday but scales are the same this morning so sigh of relief here!

Have a good weekend.

on

Another day, another weigh in and I have lost the half a pound. I increased insulin from 22 to 23 last night and my BG this morning was sooooooo low 77 (4.2). Maybe I should have left it at 22 and given my body time to catch up with the change.

Today we are back to the muggy hot weather, around 34 but this morning (7 am) hubby got up and fed the cats and left all the doors and windows open and there was a sudden blast of lovely cool air as a storm whipped up. I went straight back to sleep, it was blissful.

Mixnmatch, sounds like a plan, I try to keep my meat proteins down 2 days a week but never know what to snack on as I like to have some cold meat to hand. Let us know how you get on.

Will have a swim later and keep going. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

It must be really difficult s-g for you to find the right balance. I guess it’s very much a case of trial and error.

Yesterday I chose to have a slice of bread, just my second in over a year. It was a good rye bread from a local bakery. Did I enjoy it? Mmmm well on the one hand yes but probably because it was toasted and spread with butter. On the other hand it was a bit stodgy and gave me that feeling of indigestion. I’m certainly not converted back to bread. I then started to think of my carbs so two hours later took my BS and it was 5.7 very much to my surprise. For a moment I’d forgotten why I no longer eat carbs. It could have been worse it could have been a white slice!

Anyway the upshot is that I have a gain this morning of 0.8lb. Must be water attracted by the carbs.

The good news was that we were out last night and I had olives as a starter, Bretton chicken and salad as a main and only sparkling water to drink. Did have a cappuccino though but then life needs the odd indulgence.

So still two days of week 5 and my 8 days challenge left so will really make them count.

Have a good day.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Morning Sunshine -Girl, Verano, Sumo, Mixnmatch et al. Seem to have lost several days of posts via email – had thought things had gone quiet but maybe I unsubscribed myself in error. Glad to catch up with you all. S-g you seem to have had a few trials with sugar levels but the way you keep plugging away at this is so inspirational. Could you be hatching a cold or something? That’s often the reason for raised sugar levels when there’s no obvious food cause.
    Verano – glad the weight came off fast. I am enjoying my holiday but really finding it difficult to stay low carb when we are out and about. The house is woefully ill equipped – note to self, bring a couple of plastic boxes next time – and it is so hot that meat is totally ruled out. Today I am taking some tomatoes with me and will try to buy some cheese when out. The family seems to want to stop at the bakeries each time which is no good for me. Still I am avoiding the bread although a few too many servings of icecream (it was 38 degrees Thursday and Friday and not a breath of a breeze, so unused to that after 15 years back in the UK ).
    I think I may weigh myself a week after coming back from holiday having got straight back to strict 800 on my return. Might be less demoralising than seeing the big increase others report after holidays which seems to be largely water.
    After 2 runs the 1st 2 days when we were at a hotel we then moved to a house on a main road between a village and a town. This past week it has been impossible to run – the cars zip past on a narrow road with no verge or pavement (walls both sides) and the pool here is so tiny I can on do 2 strokes before hitting the other end. Looking forward to moving tomorrow to a house on the coast tomorrow for our last 5 days where I know there is a promenade to run along. I know BSD is 80% diet not exercise but I feel so sluggish! On the plus side I have enjoyed relaxing and having time to think, and re-evaluating why I am doing this. Am 100% determined to get the excess weight off to avoid the type 2 diabetes so prevalent in the family.
    Have a good Sunday everyone.

on

Hi everyone, happy Sunday. Thanks Julia, but I am not sickening for anything, the reason for BG rise was a cut in insulin which I promptly put back up. However, I panic when I see BG go up and I think I reacted too quickly and didn’t give my body a chance to adjust. Saw 5.5 then 6.2 so increased insulin by one unit back to original and now BG is down to 4.2. Being me and meddling with the meds I put it back down again last night and I am still at 4.2 so fingers crossed, I am sticking with 22 units from now on.

Julia, your holiday sounds more like a trek than relaxing. I know what you mean about having somewhere to run. We stayed in a lovely coastal village near Alicante at Easter and there was a beautiful long (about 5km) promenade. I dont run but my daughter does and it was just perfect.

Well done again to V. My weight is stuck and I have so far lost 2.5 lbs in nearly 5 weeks. Okay I have my excuses, insulin, the fact that I am long term on this diet so cant expect to lose big numbers, but the truth is I cannot resist a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend. I cant see anything wrong in that except it does highjack my weight loss but, hey ho, I have to live my life.

Did 25 mins in the pool yesterday morning but my evening swim was put off by dark clouds and a storm brewing and today it is dark and stormy. That is the problem with living in hot weather, you have to have storms to break the heat tension and boy do we get some beauties.

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well, take care.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sounds like a plan Julia. For me daily weighing is essential so there’s no way I would have the willpower to stay away from my scales for a whole week after I return from holiday. Think I must be a masochist. Enjoy the rest of your stay and the heat because the weather here has changed and we are back to ‘normal’ summer weather!

My life has been ‘lived’ as well this weekend s-g! I’ve found that half pound you keep losing but you can have it back if you want it!!!

Actually I’ve put on 1.4lbs over the last two days but only 0.6lb over my pre-holiday weight. I must admit I’m finding it really hard to get back into a proper rhythm. I have tried 900/40 for the last week but have been averaging closer to 1000 calories a day with a couple of higher days. Think it’s time to bite the bullet and go for 800/30 again. So last day of week 5 and my day 8 of 8 and I’m aiming for 800/30. It’s only one day surely even I can manage just one day …..

See you at weigh-in tomorrow. Have a good day!

on

Thanks V, looks like you sent me back that pesky half a pound because it is back on my but or more precisely it is on my midriff. That is where I see weight come and go first. On the good news, my BG is still down around 4.0 even with the lower insulin. If that continues for a couple more days I might be cutting the dose again. Anyway, still another day before weigh in so fingers crossed that halfie disappears again.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Look at you girls squabbling over 1/2lb just think how far your journey’s have come, months ago you would have been gutted at only moving 1/2lb.
    SSG good to see your sugars are starting to do as you hoped, looks like it may be a case that diabetes will always be with you but you and not drugs will have control.
    On ward and downward. I lost a pound yesterday, I think it fell out of my pocket ?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi guys, so initial weigh in today before my 7 days of fasting again, and I am a hair over the top of what I am calling my comfort zone at 3.8 pounds above my target weight, so 11 stone 0.8 pounds. I am not really trying the fast to lose too much more, but will be interested to see if I have a similar glycogen loss to first week BSD proper. Meals already planned including phase 2 from Thursday, fasting mimicking so will see what happens. Today and tomorrow are badminton days so will have my usual protein shakes, and my new favourite Cornish bulletproof coffee as the heart of the day, with some leftovers from last night’s tea I have to eat up, at around 4:00pm today, so sufficiently before badminton time that I should regain my mobility 😀

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Sumo we often forget to keep life in perspective.

So a loss of 3.6lbs for me this week which leaves me with just a smidgeon of holiday weight and just 1lb more than the start of the challenge. Three weeks left for me to lose that pound and actually end up with a total loss.

Having been away for nearly eight weeks of the last 3 months I’m not too sad about my progress. I don’t have any plans for maybe the next 3 or 4 months so I really do have to concentrate my mind and get back into a good routine. I couldn’t even manage just one day of 800/30 yesterday so I really do have to re-evaluate my regime.

After 12 months following this WOE I think I’m just a bit bored. I don’t eat the bad carbs but am just eating too many of the good things. I need to ‘diet’ again. Just not sure what I should do. Maybe try 5:2 or even 4:3, leave the boards for a while to re-group, just carry on with maybe 900/40 or force myself back into 800/30 for ‘Just one Week’. At the moment I feel as though I’ve got my finger on the self destruct button. I have surgery in just over 8 weeks and instead of concentrating my mind to lose more weight it seems to be having the opposite effect.

Sorry for this . Hope you’ve all had a good week.

on

Hi all, yes we do get stuck in the weight loss means everything mode. I am happy to be 21 lbs lighter than I was a year ago, although I have been less, but with all the ups and downs life throws at us we are still here, hey Verano, a year on and we have not given up.

Not talking about my weight today as it is neither here nor there but my BG is still down around 4.0 so I will reduce insulin again tonight, that is my main aim on this plan and for that reason I dont eat bad carbs and probably wont again. I think I have become frightened of them or, more likely, frightened of what they will do to my body.

Have a good week everyone.

on

Today and tomorrow the Tour de France passes within about 20 km of us. We were going to go and watch but it is such a project. First you have to get there about 5 hours before they come through, you have to find how to get there as most of the roads are closed, then you have to find somewhere to park. You need to take food and drink as you might be stuck where you are for up to 7 hours as happened to us a few years ago. The best part is when all the support vehicles go through, cars in lots of shapes and sizes made to look like Disney characters etc and they throw bags of goodies into the crowds. When the bikes come through you blink and have missed them. So I have recorded it and will watch at my leisure. Something you should experience once in your life and I already have so will relax and fast forward through it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl …. you make a lot of sense and have put things into perspective. You are so right you need to keep your BS at the forefront weight is a separate issue and of far less importance. You are doing so well with your insulin. Have you been as low as 21 units before? You have come so far you just have to keep on keeping on …..

As for me I’ve just come back from the dentist and feel a lot better than I did earlier today. Yes a year on and we are still here. We are the winners. As Sumo says “We are in control of our diabetes”. Not much more to say except enjoy the ‘Tour’.

Week 6 so starting afresh and hoping todays tennis is as good as yesterdays. Shame about Rafa but what a nail biting match.

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Enjoy the day sunshine girl – there’s nothing like it is there? Watching it on TV again this year. We have spent many holidays following, or just seeing one stage, of the tour and have and met some great people. We have ridden the Etap du Tour too, a long time ago in 2002 – an amazing experience. The last time we watched, the race went through Briancon and we had a very long drive afterwards. Luckily for us we had been speaking to, and buying ice cream for, the gendarmes guarding our parking area. We promised faithfully that we would stick to our route and not follow the tour and we escaped with only an hours wait, definitely worth an ice cream!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Day one of my reboot didn’t start to plan when the lovely lady in our kitchen at work presented me with the only thing I allow myself off the very carby breakfast menu at work, and that she had saved for me specially. It is a half bagel, with a slice of bacon and cheese on top, and is the only thing close to a healthy balance of the macros. I added it to my planned day and ended up just over 1000 calories, but that is still down on what I have been eating most days. Carbs were 46.6g so should still be low enough.

Today’s plan is much the same, with a stir fry this afternoon instead of the leftovers I enjoyed yesterday, and again will be about 1000 calories, before I start in on the fasting mimicking part of my reboot from Thursday, cutting my protein to 20g a day for 5 days and using plant based only food.

With badminton last night probably helping get rid of some glycogen, I am down already to 10:13.2 so down 1.6 pounds from yesterday.

• posted by Verano
    on

Mixnmatch I’m intrigued as to what you eat when you only eat 20g of plant based protein. I just looked up chickpeas and they are 19g of protein per 100g.

Whatever you did yesterday did the trick with a loss of 1.6lb even if you say you your reboot didn’t start to plan!

I’m off now to lift my weights … well all 1kg each of them!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I am just trusting cronometer with the proportions, most vegetables have some protein, so I just listed a few of my favourites that I could combine into a soup or lovely salad, added a few nuts and seeds etc, and some oils and seasoning and just stopped when it said 800 calories, 20g protein 😀 I am really quite looking forward to it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Please post your daily menus. I’m really fascinated and may give it a go myself.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Morning!

Am jumping in to join you all, if I may …..

Going to get time later to have a good read of this thread and make a planned menu

have a fab day x

on

First of all, for all of us who have been on this plan for a while, here is a short quote from my WW magazine (sad I know but I like to have something to read in English). The quote is from Oprah Winfrey (so I have acknowledged it). So, on the subject of losing or not losing weight but the importance of being healthy and appreciating your life.
    – “It is frustrating to promise myself ‘I’m going to do it today…’ and then not stick to the plan… Now I dont have a goal in mind. I get to a certain weight and I’m okay and say ‘This is where I want to be. Hang in there. I’ll get there when I get there’”.
    – She also says she changed her intention on why she wants to lose weight from just I want to get into a size 10 or look better etc. Now she says her intention is “to be the healthiest I can be…. physically, emotionally, spiritually.”
    We beat ourselves up everyday for what we have not achieved but fail to look back on what we have achieved. Live a good and happy life. That doesn’t mean we stop trying to achieve greater and better for ourselves just forget about all the baggage.

I just put this on another thread but thought I would share it here too.

My half pound has gone again and my BG is 5.3 on 21 units insulin. V, yes I have been down to 21 before, just before I went on the Easter holiday and then the cruise but in all, it is the lowest I have been.

AnnieW, I have just watched a clip of the bikes passing through where we would have been stood and it had the title ’30 seconds and they’ve all gone’. Exactly, once in a lifetime is enough and I was 17 years younger and more able to stand the heat and standing around. Now I need to carry a folding chair with me.

Welcome 1960smp, hope you are not put off by one or two (mainly me) being a bit down on all this. V and I have been doing this plan for just over one year so, although we are experts??? we are never going to have the big losses others have when starting out.

I know I have become jaded as this week is the first time I havent bothered to do a menu plan or considered my shopping list. That doesn’t mean I have nothing in the house, just means I bought more than planned so I wont get caught without. So, I like the idea of printing our daily menus but mine is on the hoof.

Today I had no carb bircher for breakfast, pho chicken soup for lunch and I am going to chuck together a chicken cacciatore, just chicken in tomato and mushroom sauce. Probably with some cauli rice.

Have a good day all.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Tomorrow is my first day on the fasting mimicking plan, and is planned to be 3 cups of herbal tea, along with the usual water, and marmite in hot water for another drink, lunch will be Kale soup served with crispy kale (own recipe in soup maker, Kale, celeriac, green and red cabbage, onion and a little fennel, with salt and pepper and dried herbs but no additional stock) then a salad consisting of spinach, rocket, avocado, spiralised courgette, mushrooms, peppers, tomato, onion, radishes, cucumber and maybe a couple of others that I have forgotten. Served with some chopped walnuts and a dressing of walnut oil and apple cider vinegar. Pudding is a fresh fig, and a teaspoon of peanut butter with seeds, then an evening ‘snack’ of some of my dried dulse seaweed for the salty finish.

Carbs 38.8, protein 19.9, fat 63.1g 834 calories.

Really trying to eat the rainbow while I do this, to maximise nutrition. The fig is a late addition as I love them 😀 and found some reduced in Waitrose this evening.

on

Shows how bad I am, what am I going on about having chicken cacciatore tonight. It is Wednesday and I always do a frittata, simply because we shop on Thursday and I empties out my fridge of mushrooms, peppers, bit of left over meat etc. It is the only time I have the same thing week in week out, just a habit I have got into. And I always save a wedge of the frittata for my supper.

• posted by Verano
    on

So impressed Mixnmatch and for me ….. as Clarence ‘Frogman’ Henry sang 🎶I don’t know why I ‘ eat junk’ but I do oooh🎶 (I know you may not remember him) but that’s been my day. Serious … certainly not me. Maybe I can’t get back into the swing of this challenge because I was away for 4 weeks but hey that’s not really an excuse.

I love Oprah’s bit “We beat ourselves up ….. just forget the baggage” . I do beat myself up as soon as I go off track at the moment. I think, like you s-g, I’m just a bit jaded. Hence my 7days challenge which is helping but maybe not quite enough!

Not one to give up I promise to try much harder tomorrow. Today is gone but just have to keep on keeping on …. tomorrow is another day.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ve been pretty solidly eating junk since my birthday, but got tired of being outside my weight comfort zone and found some of the carb nasties coming back (dissatisfied and craving ‘something’ so keeping opening the cupboard or fridge). I feel much happier when I stick to non junk for long enough to get out of that stage again.

• posted by Verano
    on

That is just me!!!! I’m not really eating ‘bad’ carbs but just not satisfied with my lunch so ‘go to the fridge’ because ‘I fancy something’ . Then I end up,eating all sorts of stuff.

I have never really had a ‘carb monster’ so in some ways it’s more difficult. I have just had the need for ‘something extra’ lately. Unfortunately digestive biscuits have reared their ugly head again!!! HELP!

Please log in or register to post a reply.