SERIOUSLY DOING THE FAST 800 AGAIN, JOIN ME

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Done the Fast 800 and mainly staying on it but drifting now and then, seriously need to start from scratch and do it all again. Looking to lose 10 lbs this time round which is not a lot but still on the plan for the last 11 months I dont thing I am likely to have massive losses, just need to get back on track.

Come and join me if you are lapsed or just starting out, even if you are doing well but need extra motivation. All welcome and we will just keep on keeping on…

• posted by Inka13
    on

Ok sunshine-girl, I’m in! I need to lose the final 12 pounds I’ve been trying all year to shake! I’ve had a couple of serious lapses but had a great day today and would love to keep going so positively!
    Actually my carb intake during my lapses has been about 1/4 of what I would have had on any old normal day but I really noticed when I ate bread for example or a bit of pie I would get a raging thirst and heartburn! Both symptoms I previously put up with as just part of life. No more!!
    Good luck, lets do ourselves proud.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning and it is, so count me in too.

I desperately need to lose 14lbs by the beginning of September when I’m due to have surgery. So 13 weeks, three months, that should be doable. My goal for the next four weeks was to stand still and not gain like I usually do on holiday. I can’t promise to stick rigedly to 800/30 but I will do my very best to be within 1000/50. Even that should see me not gaining and maybe even losing.

So yes I’m up for another 8 week challenge …. so yes let’s keep on keeping on

on

When I started this on 28th June 2016 I was 80.9 kgs or 12 st 10.5 lbs. At the end of 8 weeks I was 75.3 kgs or 11 st 9.5 lbs. Guess what I am this morning – 75.3 kgs. So basically I have maintained my first 8 week weight loss for 10 months, not good when I have still been on the diet. I have been down as low as 72 kgs (11 st 4,5 kbs) so where did it all go wrong. Too many holidays, too many ‘just one wont hurt’.

Anyway, it is back to basics for me starting today. I have a blood test coming up on Monday then a doctors appointment on th 14th so I just hope I can repair some of the damage and not have upset my BG too much.

Breakfast: blueberries, yoghurt and slivered almonds.
    Lunch: grilled halloumi and bacon on courgette spirals
    Dinner: Homemade chicken curry with cauliflower rice
    Snacks: cold chicken breast
    Total 750 calories

Good luck Verano and Inka and have a good holiday V.

• posted by Scozzese
    on

Hi Can I join? Started yesterday on the Fast 800, but didnt stick with it!! Back on track today. Thanks its a help reading all of your posts x

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Count me in too. It’s been three weeks since i finished the last 8 weeks and I’ve somehow managed to maintain my weight at 58kg. I’m only 5ft tall so I’d like to lose another 6 to 8kg. The fat seems to be mostly carried around my ribs, natural waist, although less so than when i started.
    chest – 36cm
    Natural waist – 32cm
    belly button – 30cm
    hips – 34cm
    This is day two of my second round and I’m aiming to keep at it until those extra pounds are gone. Forever.
    Am trying to increase my walking but it’s horrid outside and my dog is on strike! 😉
    Best wishes to you all xx

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Oops
    Inches. I meant inches. Can’t edit.

on

Good heavens buttermeup the last time I weighed 50 kgs I was about 18 and thought I was fat. Oh for those days.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Sunshine-girl, 50kg -52kg would put me well within the “normal” weight for my height which is 47.4 – 59.1kg and hopefully leave a bit of room for slight, temporary increases. Extra weight is really visible on my 5ft nothing body so I’m super keen to get to that kind of figure and also fairly sure that I’ll not look like a rake. Well, that’s the plan anyway 🙂

on

Buttermeup, I am not saying you shouldn’t get to 50 kg, just that I would love to be that again. I am only 4’11” so am even smaller, i’m not sure going too low would suit me now I am in my 60’s but I would like to get to 60kg.

No one noticed the flaw in my measurements, 75.3 kg is 11 stone 12 lbs not 11 st 9.5 so I have an even bigger amount to lose as I wanted to be 11 stone and the end of this 8 weeks. Oh well, it is something to aim for.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Ah no, I didn”t take it that way sunshine-girl but I did realise I should have given some context.
    Nice to meet another shortie:) I used to be 5ft 1″ but I seem to have lost a whole inch sometime in my late 40″s. Ah well, I expect I’ll lose another inch or so as the 50’s progress.
    I’ve read loads of your posts and I know if anyone has the commitment and knowledge to move towards their goal it’s you. 🙂
    Best xx

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Can I join too. I did Veranos 7 days to get back on track challenge and was largely successful but had 2 disastrous days since that ended, including a double chocolate cookie (they are a whopping size so this is not a minor lapse) at work! I really need to stay accountable with a forum. It helps hugely. Had a sensible dinner and going shopping now for sensible options for tomorrow.

on

Hi Julia18togo, welcome to our little but growing band of desperados. Get yourself organised and jump right in.

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Count me in I like to join all of you to.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

B: 2 eggs, 4 cherry tomatoes
    L: Romaine lettuce ‘sandwiches’ w/ tuna mayo, cherry toms
    D: small quantity of HM beef stew, stir fry veg.
    Snack if needed: Small amount Fage yoghurt with some berries.

Today I will be drinking copious quantities of tea to get through the day with less hunger, drinking is key for me. Especially when studying and short on sleep – which is when I tend to derail!

Very best wishes to all desperados today – I like s-g’s term for the band!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

And since others have posted goals, I am aiming for 79 kg – this is not wildly optimistic at my current weight of 84.5 (those couple of days of eating junk have told) but it’s what I got down to on the BSD last year, but cannot seem to get below it as each time I do, I congratulate myself, think the danger’s over and put it on again with the next bout of stressful circumstances! I am about 5’7 ” (think I used to be about 5’8”!) so for me an ultimate goal remains the elusive 70kg I was when I married. So I’m taller than some here.
    All sounds very negative – but actually considering my worst weight was 93.7kg, and that I have lost and gained the same 5 kilos over the past year several times, I haven’t gone so far backwards.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well Day 1 of week1 was fine for me foodwise. Shame about the wine!

I knew that my real challenge when away would be wine. So, today I am going to try very hard not to be tempted and sabotage myself. I manage with no problem at home.

I have been reading a thread about GTT and diabetes and it has made me remember, yet again, that I’m here to ‘reverse’ my diabetes. Once more I’ve become weight focused when I should be focusing on carbs. I need to keep reminding myself that I have now reduced my medication by half so I need to continue to be vigilant with my carb intake. Also, I have another HbA1c due in August and I certainly don’t want my metformin increased again.

It’s so easy to slip back into the old mentallity of ‘diets’ when I tried to include as many ‘ treats’ as I could into my calorie allowance. I guess it’s as difficult to change that mindset as it was to embrace the ‘full fat’ mantra.

Anyway, I guess we’ll just have to keep on keeping on…… have a good day.

on

Hi all,

happyitsworking you are very welcome.

Julia18togo, I hope that is green tea you are drinking dont forget the calories in milk and you should be having full fat milk – although I have never changed but I only drink one coffee after lunch and green tea at breakfast then water, water and more water.

Verano, a sip on the lips etc…… you know the rest. Like you it is all about my BG numbers and during all my holidays I have seriously been low carb even telling the waiters on the cruise no carbs. The only problem was the Atul Kochhar restaurant where I advised them of my diet and they said I could have chickpeas, lentil dahl and mashed aubergine as accompanyments, when I was served they brought white rice, naan bread and Bombay potatoes. When I questioned it I was told if I want to eat there then that is what I get. I did make a fuss and explained I had already been promised other things and the waiter came back with a bowl of chickpeas. So much for Michelin star restaurants – they are so precious about their food, I didn’t want to change their courses just the extras.
    My BG has remained around 4.8 to 5.6 with the occasional slip to 6.8. It will soon go back down but will it be soon enough for my HbA1c test on Monday.

Have a good day everyone and keep on keeping on.

Oh, should have said I have lost 0.3 kgs this morning (0.75 lbs)

• posted by Oakie
    on

Count me in! This is the first time for me and I aim to lose 9kg.

on

Welcome Oakie. Hope you enjoy. As some of you are new to this please ask anything, things will crop up along the way to do with things you havent even thought about yet. We have asked admin to have a thread in FAQ with things that have cropped up but I will have to take a look at that again to see if it has been updated.

Also forgot to log my meals today, breakfast – blueberry, spinach and almond milk smoothie with a teaspoon of chia seeds, lunch – feta a raspberry courgetti salad, dinner – frittata. Have had family staying until Monday and the smoothie and frittata are a good way of getting rid of left overs that are going past their best, like the spinach and blueberries. Comes out at 690 calories giving me some for my late night snack.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi all

Not the most positive of days in that DD travels abroad tomorrow and I was out all day shopping for gifts to send with her for family/helping her sort things/keeping her on an even emotional keel, not very successful with this last one, mind you. So while I kept to plan during the day, I did end up munching on some aged red leicester and having an egg just now, as it’s after midnight and I was just so hungry! Carbs came in at 31 so that was great, but calories (predictably with the cheese!) over at 950 – and that is maybe wishful thinking as I didn’t actually weigh it, although I know pretty much what 40 grs looks like. Cross with myself, but on the other hand, on the occasions when I am still awake this late, (still waiting for the washing machine to finish) it would usually be cookies/sugar of any sort I’d turn to BUT HAVEN’T!!!!! so even though my will power went to bed sooner than I am going to get there, I am actually feeling reasonably smug. The thought of having to be honest on here has helped to keep me on the straight and narrow, as I am not kidding anyone, least of all the scales if I succomb.

Hope everyone has had a good day?

S-G – re your question about milk in tea, I always buy full fat milk, and yes I do have it in tea, but because it is full fat, I can get away with a tiny amount. I once weighed out 100mls and used it through the day, and although I really should include the 67 cals/5 g carbs within the 800, I tend not to, as I know I don’t use more than that amount each day, and for me the benefits of drinking more outweigh the spent cals. I struggle to drink enough otherwise, and we all know that drinking is key to losing too. Not strict like others in this regard, but when I stick to the 800 I find I lose well anyway, and just cannot train myself to like green tea, or to drink any tea entirely without milk. For me the killers are the forays into off plan temptations in the form of bad carbs!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Oakie – I would be delighted with 9kg. Hope this thread helps you in reaching that goal.

• posted by Verano
    on

I have been reading the North etc. thread and pod has had an amazing two week weight loss, 11lbs, by increasing her fat intake. Very interesting reading.

Last night I made a chickpea stew. I softened some green pepper and onion in a tablespoon of olive oil. Added some garlic then a can of cherry tomatoes, 200g of cooked chickpeas, salt, pepper, a really good slug of Tabasco, some Lee Perrins and oregano. It was really lovely and very quick to make. A bit carby but there were 3 good portions as an accompaniment to roast chicken. Will definitely make it again.

Still keeping on keeping on here hope everyone else is too.

on

Hi all, Julia18togo just read your profile and now understand your name. You have already done so well and like me have been on this plan with a few slip ups. What the hell, life if for living, I also said bye bye to my daughter on Monday as she headed back to the UK with my 2 little monsters, makes me sad but will see them in 10 weeks, which I why I want to crack on with the next 8 weeks. It doesn’t really matter if you go a few calories over because of tea and milk, crikey its not exactly cake and chips. Just keep on keeping on…

Hi V, havent you gone on holiday yet or am I still confused – doesn’t take much to confuse me. I saw the thread with Pod having increased fats, thought someone asked on this thread too but it might have been the 5th June starters thread.

Today I have worked out my menu and it comes in at exactly 800 calories, not leaving me anything for my evening snack, but yesterday I only had 690 cals as I had frittata for dinner but saved a wedge from my snack so didn’t have to have anything extra. Today it is:

breakfast, no carb bircher (which bumps up the carbs and cals), tuna dip with carrot, red pepper and courgette strips and dinner will be pork in mustard sauce.

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

S-G just updated my profile as I realised it was seriously out of date! Hope you are not finding things too quiet with family having departed. I have just shipped one daughter off to visit family in Spain so going to enjoy a less stress free environment for the next while, although I am studying for a horribly boring project management course, exam on Wednesday. Younger one is off doing sporty stuff all weekend, so I will abandon the other half and study all weekend.

I’m taking inspiration from the food choices here. Must do some week ahead planning, when I do it is easier to follow strict BSD.
    Verano – your chickpea stew looked nice, will be doing that this week sometime.

Happyitsworking, Buttermeup, Scozzese, Inka13 – how are things going?

• posted by pod
    on

Julia18togo, great minds think alike!! I’m in the process of collecting facts to update my profile too, and to figure out a goal for this next round. Next Monday will be the third round for me, I’m thinking about what might be achievable!!!
    Have a stress free weekend!!!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Pod – just read your profile. With age comes wisdom. You sound younger in your posts, as do others on these forums also in the same decade. As my grandpa said when he couldn’t move for days having enjoyed a ride in an aircraft simulator at age 80 something, you are as young as you feel!
    I have over eaten today. All on good stuff – grilled aubergine, Fage yoghurt and the like (not together I hasten to add!) but I know I ate more than I needed to. I plan a good night’s sleep and an under 800 day tomorrow.
    Keep up the good work everyone!

• posted by pod
    on

Julie18togo, haven’t updated my profile yet!!! The problem with sounding younger, you’d get one helluva shock when you see me.
    As someone once said, “God played a trick on us when he let our body’s get old when our mind still thinks it’s a teenager”

I can relate to that, have a good sleep!!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Just totted up the roast aubergine and peanut butter which I shouldn’t have had. Unless I have been too conservative cals 948 and whopping 58 g carbs total for the day. Tomorrow the resolution is to weigh and log everything before I leave for work. Have collapsed into bed after a hectic day and evening. Night all and rest well.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

B- yoghurt, pumpkin seedsand berries
    L- feta and berry green salad
    D- frankfurter and salad (no bun!)
    Total 757 cal. 27 carbs
    Scales showimg half kilo loss so getting there.
    Have a good day all!

• posted by Natbrown
    on

I am going to my GP to ask for the blood tests, it looks like I can’t do it without the tests! I did a month on the diet in February this year with the help of my GP and I’ve lost about 8-10 kg. I did the blood tests then and I saw an improvement. My GP has told me to carry on but I couldn’t do it without the blood tests! I’m asking for the blood test today and I hope very much that with his and your help I will lose the last kg I need to lose.

My starting weight was 103kg, I’m 86kg now, the aim weight is 72-75.

Sunshine-girl, thank you for your post. Julie18togo, I’ll follow you! It’s the first time that I post here, forgive me for my English since it’s not my first language. Thank you all for sharing your success with people like me who mostly read.

Yes, I had a cup of coffee with “blue” milk and I’m going for yoga now (so I don’t eat while I do it), then I’ll read your post and eat something. I think of buying salmon in Lidl. It’s difficult for me to eat one piece but not two, but I hope that I’ll manage to do it since I wrote it here! I believe in mirracles!

on

Hi everyone.

Julia18togo you are 10kg lighter than when you started, that is a big achievement and you are here and still keeping on. Aubergine and peanut butter are such good sources of fats and other good things, it is hardly cake and chips (again). My view is that your are doing something to improve your weight and health and that can only be a good thing.

Pod, I am sure you are only 18, I know I am – in my head. One thing I get told off about is singing and dancing, if you have every heard the phrase ‘dance like no one is looking’ well that is me, only I dance anywhere even in the supermarket. I can see people looking and saying ‘look at that old lady singing along to Sia or Lady Gaga or Maroon 5, isn’t she great’ My daughter says they are thinking ‘look at the silly old woman’. I dont care. By the way I am 64 years young.

Nat you sound as though you need support, well look no further. It is probably about time for a new HbA1c diabetes test as a good timescale is 12 to 14 weeks. I dont know what your situation is as you have not said in this thread or in your profile but whatever the problem there are plenty of us here to give you encouragement. Where in the world are you, I guess somewhere in Europe. I live in France but I am English.

Due to a massive storm last night the temperature has dropped here (around 22 degrees) so I have fiddled with my menu and had the Spanish soup for lunch. Tomorrow it is going to be 32 degrees so I can have my avocado and bacon salad then. My big downfall is the weekend. I find it difficult to say no to a glass of wine or two or three, oh what the hell I’ll just finish the bottle…. When I did my first 8 week round I was so unhappy with my BG that I stuck with the plan 100% and gave up alcohol completely. Hence my BG fell from daily readings of 190 down to 90 and has pretty much stayed there. But because I am not so concerned with the weight loss – although it would be nice to lose 10 lbs in 8 weeks – I sometimes slip up on the calories and it is usually with a drink or two. Please feel free to keep nagging at me all weekend to keep me on track. I have my blood test on Monday so I cant afford to mess up.

Thanks everyone, have a good day.

• posted by Natbrown
    on

Dear sunshine-girl, thank you for your kind words.

I started the diet in February because of my high blood pressure. So loosing a few kg made the trick and I don’t have to take the pills.

I’m almost 57 and I’m a grandmother too so loosing extra weight will make me live longer I hope. I’m very curious about this world so I want to be here as long as I can! I’ll try my best to feel my profile in a next few days. I love what you said about dancing, I love dancing too. I’ll dance better when I’m lighter! I’m off to my GP now. I’ll tell her that I’ve joined the forum and that I’m on my way to loose more weight!

I eat more if I had a sip of wine, so I would have to give it up completly for now. I lose my self-control totally!

on

Hi: It looks like everyone is off to a good start.

Julia 18togo:I ended up going away for a couple of days. So now that I’m back I will count today as my kick off day.

L-yogurt, blueberries, walnuts and chia seeds.
    D- salad, roasted cauliflower and beef ribs.

I enjoy reading everyone’s postings.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Happyitsworking nice to see you back.

Natbrown my mum is 64 and my girls used to boast about having a granny who could do cartwheels and handstands and the like. She can’t now, but that is only because she managed to fracture her wrist badly a few years back (running for the bus on her way to a salsa class!). You probably get the picture. So keep dancing – and of course you’ll be better at it as the kilos drop, might even find yourself doing other stuff too on the ‘sporty’ front!

S-G. I have my eye on that bottle, so save it for when we have both lost some more weight and we can raise a glass to a toast via cyberspace (has to be that as I think we are zillions of miles from each other!). I am dreaming of some really good red at the moment. Other women spend on spa treatments and the like, I spend my spare money buying good red. But I drink it rarely as I prefer to savour less of the good stuff than drink rubbish. Fortunately, I have none in the house currently, which is all to the good. Fortunately, the sickly Baileys my OH loves over ice-cream, and the HM blackberry vodka I did last autumn doesn’t tempt me at all – it has to be wine for me.

All going to plan today on the food front – getting up early today and planning/prepping the food and logging it first thing really helps me avoid derailing.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi all
    Apologies for another post, but I felt I had to declare a minor victory in the hope that it helps others to strengthen their weekend resolve. Family trip to Costco this evening and while the OH and daughter managed to pack away chicken bake, pizza, hot dog and baked potato with tuna between them I have stuck to the frankfurter without the bread and instead accompanied it with a salad I brought from home. Feeling so virtuous I had to post. Normally, even since BSD days, I would have been digging in to their food as the smell of it is enough to make my resolve crumble and overdo the carbs. But tonight I had a small bite of chicken bake, savoured it and passed it back to my daughter. The key was clearly in bringing the salad. By the time I’d finished it I really felt like I had had sufficient – usually I don’t bring food when we stop here after shopping, with the result that I am hungry and cave in pronto.

Very best wishes to those whose weekend has begun and those yet to start it in other time zones.

Thanks for the good wishes Pod, the stress free weekend has begun😆

• posted by Natbrown
    on

Julia, congrats! I’m feeling virtuous too! I managed to have only one piece of salmon! I accompanied it with lots of spinach and dill though so it’s not so lonly on the plate. Best wishes to everyone this weekend.

on

Julia: Yes your post about making good choices instead of giving in to food temptation does help me to keep on track this weekend. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You should feel proud of yourself.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi all

Still standing stilll so quite happy. Sorry I’m not being ‘Serious ‘ enough at the moment. Yes s-g I am away but in an apartment at the moment so do cook! Going to a hotel next week so things become a little more difficult. Just need extra willpower although in saying that sweet things are no longer attractive.

Hope everyone is on plan. Have a good weekend.

on

Hello everyone, managed to be good but have gained 0,4 kg this morning, that is one of the down sides of weighing daily, it could be just a blip or a pee or poo away. I will keep the faith.

Seriously peed off this morning, went into our local market and there are no more cauliflowers, the season has ended and in France if it aint in season it aint in the shops. I can make my mash using frozen but that is no good for cauli rice. On the bright side the broccoli looked very nice and I could always have green rice.

Today I am having:
    B. greek yoghurt with raspberries (from my garden) and strawberries (from the supermarket)
    L. Avocado and bacon salad
    D. Steak with pepper sauce and cauli mash.
    Total cals planned 850.

Have a good weekend.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

S-g your food sounds lovely and will hopefully help keep you off the booze. I get the weigh in frustration – I too weigh every day and went up this morning but I know it’s just a blip as yesterday I was down to 83.3kg so losing since last week. I’m sure tomorrow will register another lower number for you.
    BSD friendly but unusual breakfast of chopped cold broccoli mixed with a 2 egg mayonnaise and chopped ham to make a salad. Not that the weather in Scotland calls for a salad but it had to be something portable and having been awake since half 5 I knew I needed something substantial. Several hours into exam study – don’t ever let anyone tell you PRINCE2 project management is anything other than dry and hard going but the exam is on Wednesday so I am spending the day mugging up, with lots of cups of tea. In various cafes all day to avoid the distraction of more enjoyable things I could be doing at home. But nobody making any demands upon me so I am looking on the bright side!

on

I have just put my meals through my calculator and it comes out at 750, so a little better than I thought. Also 43 g carbs, I like to be under 50 but dont usually count as on a low carb diet I shouldn’t be getting too much anyway.

Julia18togo love your breakfast, after Christmas my daughter was stuck for a breakfast for me so made me Brussel sprout omelette.

on

Hi all, weight has gone down again so I have now lost 1.5 lbs. Yesterday I walked for 25 mins and swam for 30. Just had 20 mins in the pool before it gets too hot, we reached 35 degrees yesterday and it is set for the same today. Might sound great but it is too hot to do anything other than close all the shutters and keep the house cool. I will have another swim later this evening. This might be the start of some serious weight loss. What I do have to remember when I am being hard on myself is that I am injecting insulin every night and it is known as the fat magnet because it causes weight gain, which is why I am overweight now. I only weighed 65 kilos and within 6 months that had jumped to 75 and then to 80.9 which was where I started on BSD. Now 74.7 so I should just be happy and keep on keeping on….

Brunch today was 2 grilled sausages, 1 fried egg, fried mushrooms (I only use a touch of oil) and canned tomatoes. Oh how I used to love some bread to mop up the tomato juice and a slice to make a sausage sandwich. Nowadays even hubby doesn’t bother with the bread. Dinner tonight is turkey kebabs with salad. Dont know about the calories etc but will put it in my calculator soon. Blood tests tomorrow so fingers crossed my holidays have not done too much damage to my HbA1c results although I am expecting them to be slightly higher than last time.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done s-g. Pleased for you that the scales are moving down. Hopefully this is the start of a good loss.

I’m still here but being anything but ‘serious’. Think I’m having the ‘holiday horrors’. Having a lovely break, following the principles but afraid the scales aren’t being too kind. I will just have to start logging my food again today to help stop any further damage!

Sorry I’m not being the best of posters at the moment but will definitely be ‘serious’ for the last half of this challenge!
    Have a good day.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Sunshine-girl – all the best for your blood test today. And very pleased for you that the scales are moving in the right direction.
    Well, as they say, pride comes before a fall, and Sat/Sun I had two days where I really did give in to temptation. Started well each day, but by mid afternoon I was despairing so much with the studying that I went off the plan, and yes, with the bad carbs. Not massively, but more than likely enough to sabotage the hoped for 82.something number I had hoped to start the week with.
    Still, although so rushed this morning that I forgot to weigh in, I have had yoghurt and berries for breakfast (with the addition of half a teaspoon orange flower water and some milled chia – the orange flower water always makes this seem a real luxury and not a ‘diet’) and am back on plan – harder to stray when in the office and there are no temptations as there are in coffee shops etc, which was pretty much my base for studying at the weekend.
    Best wishes to all – this thread seems to have shrunk, but I will soldier on with the few, in the hope that we can spur each other on!
    Making a couple of chunky veg soups this evening for our evening meals this week. OH has expressed a desire to lose as well, so I will feed us all on that, with the addition of some protein chopped into it each day – I have some oven French Fries in the freezer for my daughter to dig into, since she who has the perfect, sports honed body will moan if there are carbs for er dinner. She burns so much with artistic gymnastics, volleyball and other sports 5 and sometimes 6 days a week, that she can afford to enjoy them.
    Deep breaths for a good week, all!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Verano – I am with you on the logging, somehow ignorance of actual quantities is always bliss, in that we can kid ourselves it is not much really, especially if it’s BSD friendly. Not trying to give you a get-out clause here, but if you weren’t following the principles, one consolation is that the scales would be even more unkind! Hope you can join me in getting back on track today.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello Everyone – I too am seriously back on the BSD as of today.

Having had a break of nine weeks and gaining 4.4lb, I seriously want to be back in control and get back to target weight. My problem has been alcohol – yes I was on vacation, but wine almost everyday is definitely not the way to go. That and the occasional little cake or piece of bread has added up to half pound gained per week, which certainly can’t be allowed to continue.

From today, I am back to weighing, measuring and recording everything and aiming at the 800cal/20>30g carbs a day. I’d like to think that losing the gained weight will be easy, but as a slow loser, I’m under no illusion that it could take many weeks to get back to where I want to be – target weight of 8st 7lb. And actually, if I could drop an extra pound I’d be thrilled.

Now that I am back, I will be keeping track of the forum and posting again regularly. Good luck everyone, on keeping on track and achieving your goals.

• posted by GrumptoGlam
    on

When I say I’ve fallen off the wagon, I mean I mercilessly threw myself off the back of it, directly into on coming traffic and tried to self destruct so badly I ended up in a deep ditch on the side of the road 1.5 stone heavier. I’ve just crawled out of said ditch and dusted myself down. Its only taken me almost a year to do so. Im lethargic, bloated, very cross with myself and in such a terrible mood! I have done this Fast and succeeded. I can and will do it again. I would like to join in this re-start club. I have a severe carb addiction and diabetes in my family on both sides. I know it is my fate if I dont take charge. I’m sat at my desk right now with no idea of what Im going to eat for dinner. I realise this is setting myself up to fail so rather than pacing around my kitchen later. I am now going to put pen to paper and get organised. Thanks for the forum of inspiration guys. Keep on keeping on. May the force be with you all xx

on

Morning my little band of desperados, it is me that should be desperate, I seem to be on a yoyo at the moment. Started at 75.3 went to 74.5 back to 74.9 then down to 74.7 and now back at 74.9. At least I am not 75.3. I really must get on top of this now, still have 9 weeks before family arrive.

Hi to GrumptoGlam, you are most welcome, dont worry about having committed diet hari kari your body will forgive you if you jump straight back into it.

Hi there SunnyB, nice to see you around, two sunshine girls, what more do we need.

I postponed my blood test until tomorrow as I would have had to fast from 9pm and I was not prepared to spend Sunday evening with a glass of water and no snack. Today I am prepared for it and will have my final snack at 9 pm. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday so plenty of time to get my test results. They come in by email the same day.

Today I have had yoghurt and strawberries, lunch was pho chicken which is soup made of soya paste, cooked chicken and raw spinach stirred in. Tonight I am having pork and ginger stir fry with some of the cauli rice I still have in the freezer, still no cauliflowers here, not even in the supermarket. There is a massive fruit and veg outlet 20 mins drive away so I might check that out later in the week.

There is a lovely French word that I love. It is desormais which means from now on, so desormais I will stick to this plan rigidly. Official weigh in is tomorrow as I started this on a Tuesday so there is hope for me yet. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome aboard GrumptoGlam – Sounds like you have been through the mill, but you are right you CAN do it again. Yes there is a hurdle of three in front of you, but you WILL be able to do it. Get some good dining ideas written up for tonight. Getting some planning done is a good idea, even if it is just making sure you have as much non-BSD stuff banished from your home as possible and plenty of BSD friendly stuff in the fridge, so that if you need something quickly, it’s there waiting.

Best of luck for your new start and be sure to keep us posted, so that we can celebrate (and commiserate) along with you and offer support and encouragement as needed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.