Progress Post Easter, and 6-month eye screening….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AstronomerDaz
    on

I posted on FB that my week 2 was a fail, weight-wise at least. Had several family outings plus Easter – all resulted in loss from week 1 being eroded!

However, blood sugars have come down (and apart from the Easter weekend blip) and stayed down!! Average morning reading is just over 8, and the later afternoon one is just over 5. This is in comparison to 15+ and 8+ !!

So, I started week 3 with renewed determination to get back on track, and that is indeed what is happening – the weight has started to come off again already. Now just need to get up and get walking regularly to help it along 🙂

I also had my 6 month eye screen yesterday (30th) and was pleased to hear that there is no worsening of deterioration of the blood vessels and they were pleased things are stable. I have the start of cataracts (which I knew from last time), and these are still at the early/mild stages – so again I’m pleased (and relieved) at this!!

Thanks to everyone here and FB for ongoing support!
    Cheers
    Daz

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Daz
    good to see you back on the wagon after Easter, and even better to see those sugar readings decreasing.
    I had an eye exam 2 weeks ago and the consultant said that the vessels in my retinas were looking really healthy with no inflammation since I started the diet. I did have cataract replacements carried out during my vitrectomy ops, it’s weird not wearing spectacles any more apart from for reading.
    Looking forward to seeing you cross the 8 week line and hear your end results.

Please log in or register to post a reply.