Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ooo Yowser, liking the idea of mulled wine around a chimera.
    ๐ŸŒ„ shortest day almost done …. longer days starting from tomorrow.
    ๐ŸŽ bought myself a little Christmas present today … dinky little pocket knife, for when I’m preparing rose cuttings. Got it in a local curio/secondhand store, so much nicer than getting a new one ๐Ÿ™‚
    ๐Ÿ•ดgrandson is 18 tomorrow…. looking forward to seeing him, albeit briefly.

Stay positive folks, it’s been a tough year, but hopefully 2021 will bring better things. Meanwhile, watch out for those positives and let us know about them too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Its getting closer! ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ
    My positives
    *~ Saw a bus drive past with Father Christmas at the wheel! ๐Ÿ˜€
    *~ Also saw a van decked out in tinsel and fairylights,looked great!
    *~ Was very pleased with self today..had a piece of cake ( ok,not so good i know) but I found myself full after a few bites and stopped eating,instead of just ploughing on til every crumb had gone! Made me feel sooo in control!
    โ€œNever hurry, time is worth billion dollars. Pay respect to it.โ€
    โ€• Aabid Ahmed

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Look at that … we’re on pg 89! Might not get to page 90 before Christmas, but let’s see if we can get there for New Year!

Yowser, huge well done on not scoffing all of the cake. Leaving some is definitely a sign of being in control, you should feel chuffed. Interesting to know Santa is moonlighting as a bus driver, hope he doesn’t burn himself out before the 25th!

Okay, time for my positives…..
    ๐ŸŽ‚ saw grandson briefly this morning, to wish him happy 18th. He was very pleased with his ring and cash. Daughter had created a video with clips from various people wishing him happy birthday, which was really good. So although not what any of us had hoped, his birthday wasn’t a complete washout.
    ๐Ÿ›’ all food shopping completed. There were four items I couldn’t get this morning, so popped out this evening after dinner to get those …. job done!
    ๐Ÿ”ช made sausagemeat stuffing and bread sauce. Only need to make the leek au gratin now.

Hope you are all ready for Christmas, regardless of what you are doing. It’s an odd one this year, but try to celebrate in some way and look out for those positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The positives thread has been quiet today, so I’m guessing everyone is mired in festive preparations. To keep the ball rolling, here are a few positives from me though …..
    ๐ŸŽ OH did his gift wrapping today, with a minimum of swear words!
    ๐Ÿฅ˜ made a version of a favourite Turkish dish for dinner this evening, which was very successful.
    ๐Ÿงโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ขfolded napkins into elf boots, ready for the Christmas table.
    ๐Ÿ™‚ feeling happy with where I am with Christmas day prep, just a couple of small tasks for tomorrow.

Hope you are all ready for your celebrations, in whatever form they might be taking this year. If you have a minute, please drop by to share your positives, you know we live to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Christmas Eve dear Positive People
    SUNNY you made me laugh re OH wrapping!!!
    Positives…
    *~ Its Christmas Eve! Probably the best day of the year!๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿ’–
    *~ And what a year….Bringing out the best in people ..probably the only big positive about 2020…many thanks to NHS and emergency services,and all who risked their own health and went to work to keep us fed
    *~ Lost 15 lb since returning to the forum ..will be happy if i can maintain that over Xmas or just gain a pound or two. Going to have a bit of everything I fancy but not go mad.
    Love and Hugs to All,and Merrrrrrry Chrrrrrristmas ! XXXXXX
    โ€œ There is one gift you give
    At this time of the year
    A gift that always comes
    Wrapped with good cheer

A gift given from the heart
    A gift truly one of a kind
    A gift so special
    It will truly blow your mind

The gift if youโ€™re wondering
    Is not found inside a card
    Or in a box wrapped in a bow
    Or sitting out in the yard

The gift is just the love
    You give away each year
    To all those who surround you
    To all those who you hold dear

Merry Christmasโ€œ (Anon)
    ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽ‰

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lovely message, Yowser. You’re right, we are definitely entering into a reflective period; an opportunity to recognise what is truly important. Enjoy your Christmas, Yowser and any mindfully consumed off-plan indulgences too and well done on your result since returning to the forum.

Anyway, probably won’t post tomorrow, so wanted to log some positives for today …..
    ๐Ÿ— all possible prep done ready for tomorrow, including the turkey …. just needs to be put in the oven.
    ๐Ÿทrelaxing with OH and a glass of red wine this evening.
    ๐ŸŒž lovely bright sunny day today, didn’t get the chance for any gardening, but was so much nicer to look at than the grey and rain.

All possible best wishes to you one and all, for the festive season and 2021. This Christmas might not be what we were all hoping for, but try to find the positives and enjoy it in whatever form it takes for you this year.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Havenโ€™t posted on this thread half as much as I intended so will make more of an effort in future!
    Some positives from me.
    Have had lovely day getting last few bits done.
    DH finished work at 1 oโ€™clock so once he was home we headed out to drop presents off for m-i-l and f-i-l and some close friends (whilst socially distancing) and it was lovely to see them all.
    We watched a Christmas movie together once we were home.
    This is first Christmas Eve in 15 years that DH and I have managed to be in bed before midnight!
    Hope everyone on the forum has a lovely Christmas Day and I look forward to posting again soon.Dawn X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy Christmas everyone and enjoy your day wherever you are.
    Love and best wishes
    X B

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Happy Christmas everyone, hope you are able to enjoy your day, no matter what you are doing. Remember to look out for those positives and there will be some for sure.

All possible best wishes to you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope that everyone has managed to have an enjoyable Christmas, in whatever form it took for you this year. Ours was more muted and lower key than usual, but was actually very pleasant and less stressful.

Anyway, here are a few mid-festive season positives from my corner of the world …
    ๐Ÿ— the turkey was especially good this year and I’m very much enjoying the cold leftovers.
    ๐Ÿ“บ have seen all my fav Christmas movies on TV over the last week, White Christmas, It’s a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol …. the black and white version with Alistair Sim as Scrooge.
    ๐Ÿ“ฑ lovely unexpected video chat with friends in Turkey today.
    ๐ŸŒฟ some great garden related gifts received for Christmas, now I’m eager for better weather soon, so I can use them.
    ๐Ÿšฝ grateful that OH is a skilled handyman …. upstairs toilet spring a leak, which he has been able to repair today.

If you have a few minutes, please let us all know what positives have blessed you recently, we love to read about them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Twixmas,everyone,hope youre all being suitably festive!x๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    *~ Really enjoying my prezzys and Xmas food and drink,but also looking forward to eating sensibly again.
    *~ No snow here,tho its snowed by Beaus and in other nearby parts. I love white snow but detest how it turns to ice!
    *~ Getting my hair cut tomorrow,in case we end up back in lockdown very soon. Also,a good really strict declutter today ..no holding on to things I havent used over the last year,and now I have an enormous bag of really nice stuff ..toiletries and books…for a charity shop,should i find one open tomorrow!xxxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

A story for today and for the New year…
    It’s the legend of a Persian King, who asked the wisest men in his empire for a simple sentence… one that would make a sad man happy, and a happy man sad.
    After many months, one scholar returned with a simple four words….
    โ€œEven this shall passโ€
    Today is a day to count your blessings.
    You are alive. You have a future. A New Year is around the corner, and its full of fresh possibility.
    So…From me to you…
    I wish you a wonderous day, and Twixmas,and New Year,full of blessings and hope and wisdom. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป
    ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜
    As a New Year approaches,some timeless sayings for the new beginnings…xx

“No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.”
    – Buddha

“What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days
    of our lives haven’t even happened yet.”
    – Anne Frank

“For last year’s words belong to last year’s language.
    And next year’s words await another voice.”
    – T.S. Eliot

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
    – Nelson Mandela

“Always bear in mind that your own resolution
    to succeed is more important than any other.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

โ€œIโ€™ve learned that making a living
    is not the same thing as making a life.โ€
    – Maya Angelou

“And now we welcome the new year.
    Full of things that have never been.”
    – Rainer Maria Rilke

โ€œI am not afraid of storms,
    for I am learning how to sail my ship.โ€
    – Louisa May Alcott

“Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.”
    – Meister Eckhart

“You don’t have to see the whole staircase,
    just take the first step.”
    – Martin Luther King

“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
    – Seneca

“Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.”
    – Alyssa Knight (Age 12)

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi peeps,some happy things on the eve of New Years Eve!
    *~ First thing I saw on getting up this morning..looked out of my kitchen window and saw a robin redbreast! He stayed where he was when I opened the door and scattered some bird seed…I watched and waited but he didnt move. I hope he hopped down and had some brekky when I went back indoors.
    *~ Did a declutter yesterday …books and unused unwanted but perfectly good toiletries. My favourite charity shops are closed but I rang round and found one,which wasnt open,but the lady who works there lives above the shop,and told me to come round and she would take it in. So glad to have it off my hands!
    ~* Just read a lovely blessing for the old year we have just struggled through…
    โ€œWe bless this year for all we learned,
    For all we loved and lost
    And for the quiet way it brought us
    Nearer to our invisible destination.โ€
    – John O’Donohue

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just you and me Yowser (mainly you!) keeping the positives flag flying, but that’s okay …. better some than none.

Mine for today are …..
    ๐Ÿ’‰ the Oxford corona vaccine has been approved … yippee!! That should see a ramp up of vaccination, protecting more of us sooner rather than later.
    ๐Ÿ”ฅ although it was cold today, it was cosy inside with the log burner flaming away.
    ๐Ÿฝ new year’s eve date night dinner all planned
    …. asparagus with smoked salmon and hollandaise, osso buco for main with veggies and if we get as far as dessert, it will be some kind of microwaved keto mug cake. Oh …. and champagne of course๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿคญ!

That’s me for todayand in case I don’t get back here tomorrow, I’ll take this moment to wish you all a healthy and peaceful new year. May we all have a better 2021 than 2020 …. warmest wishes for only good things in the coming year. Oh, and I hope we will see you all posting positives regularly too ๐Ÿคญ๐Ÿ™‚ HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’–

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy New Year, SunnyB, Yowzer, Verano, and all positive thinkers! I have been quiet for quite a while, and gearing up for a relaunch from 4 January. At the end of a traumatic year, I *will* remember some positives large and small from 2020: (warning Pollyanna moment!)

– old friendships revived via zoom etc
    – got to know my neighbours properly
    – came to appreciate nature even more. Empty shimmering blue skies, birdsong not drowned out by traffic, the rhythm of nature continuing in the midst of fear, grief, some loneliness and boredom.
    – the support and fortitude on this website, wendleg’s gentle nagging, Yowzer’s quotes and jokes, SunnyB’s positive persistence, JGwen soldiering on, Clarinet Cathy’s motivation, sunshine-girl’s practical advice …and many more
    – appreciating what we had and lost, hopefully temporarily.
    – not wanting to go back to all the stuff, the trivia
    – appreciating the vital work carried out be health workers, teachers, refuse workers, supermarket workers, truck drivers, farmers, utilities….. May their pay change to reflect this.
    – determined in 2021 to seize the moment and enjoy life to the full.
    – appreciating good health of family and friends after some weeks of sleepless worry
    – that our new labrador puppy has stopped biting me!
    – and the vaccines! Thank you to hard working, clever, inspired scientists the world over.

Wishing everyone a healthy and happier 2021. xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY Im so glad you are keeping up your date night tradition! Enjoy this last one of 2020 X
    HI CARONL,fantastic to see you here,and I love your thoughtful post, covering so many positives from your 2020, and inspirations for the bright New Year that awaits us.
    Please tell us more about your new puppy!
    For me,some of the good things of 2020 have been….
    lots of music and reading,checking more often on friends,appreciating more and more the beauty of a quieter world,and lots and lots of thankfulness.
    Wishing everyone on BSD the most wonderful year ever!!!!!! May all your dreams come true in 2021 XXXX
    Tomorrow is the first new leaf of a 365 page book..Write a good one!xxxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Caronl and Yowser, both inspiring posts …. thank you for the retrospective on positives for 2020 …. feel I should join in on these, so here goes….
    ๐ŸŒฟ renewed appreciation of nature, thanks to many hours spent in my garden, which was certainly my salvation during the first lockdown.
    ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท thankful for an autumn trip to our apartment in Turkey and a chance to catch up with good friends out there.
    ๐Ÿ’‰ very grateful for the sterling work of our frontline workers and for all those who have worked so hard to produce viable and safe vaccines, to give us protection from the scourge of corona.
    ๐Ÿ’– appreciate the good health of all friends and relatives, especially one or two who have come through a covid infection.
    ๐Ÿฅณ here’s to a much better year ahead for all of us. May 2021 bring only good things to us all.

Oh …. and please remember to come and tell us about them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

This time last year I posted a thread โ€˜Your Vision for 2020โ€™ ……. well that went down the pan! But Caron I love your really positive post and I really appreciate all of the posters positives on this thread.

So here we go …… 2021 ….. on our doorstep….. a New Year with New Hope and New Dreams. I know life is far from โ€˜normalโ€™ but letโ€™s grab 2021 with both hands and do the best we can ….. we can only do our best …..

Let 2021 be Happy, Harmonious, but and above all Healthy for us all.

See you next year!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, good to see you posting here again. It’s been a rough year – harder on some than others – and it feels inconceivable that 2021 will not be a vast improvement on 2020. Hope your coming year will be filled with lots if positives, V and that we will get to see you post positives more often.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Happy and healthy New Year everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you have all had a pleasant day to kick off the new year and that there has already been at least one positive present itself.

Here goes with some positives from my little corner …
    ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅ‚ lovely new year’s eve evening with OH, meal worked out really well and we toasted the new year in with a very nice bottle of champers๐Ÿพ
    ๐ŸŒฟ my winter flowering clematis napaulensis has started to bloom … it’s not showy, but it is dainty and quite charming.
    โš– got on the scales this morning and despite some indulgences, think this is the first ever festive season I have lost weight …. only 1lbs, but that’s one closer to being back at target, so I quite chuffed ๐Ÿ™‚

Please, please post your positives….. I’m itching to get on to our 90th page!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY that is SO impressive,not to have gained over the festive season! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฝYour plant sounds lovely!
    My first day of the year positives..
    *~ Received a surprise xmas present today! From SILs sister….a Lโ€™Occitane set of toiletries in a beautiful box.๐Ÿ˜˜
    *~ Briefly saw DD when i went to feed the foxes…she spied me and rushed to her front door to show me the massive trifle she had just finished making! Will get a bowl of that tomorrow,yummy!
    *~ Still in full festive mood,and v pleased that NY Day falls on a Friday,hence still a holiday weekend ahead..possibly a long weekend if Mondays a Bank Hol ( not sure about that) before we return to the real world!
    Am looking forward to real world tho and getting healthier and in shape. Have just spent xmas money on a tracker thing,like a fitbit,does yr bp,steps etc,hope it will help me keep focus. However,not sure if it has to be linked to an iphone which i dont have! So it may have to go back….xxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps seeing as we need to get to Page 90,and seeing that its still party season ( tho no parties) i have two questions…
    1) we are positive thinkers here but…..Name a pet hate of yours?
    2) Tell us a little known fact about yourself?
    Ok…1) Pet hate of mine..apostrophes in wrong places! For example have seen this sign on a barbers…Dadโ€™s and Ladโ€™s.๐Ÿ™„
    I always think,you would expect that at least the signwriters would get it right? Another sign Ive seen..
    Stationary ( when the shop sells stationery) and Confectionary ( sign on a sweet or confectionery shop)
    Sorry,thats two pet hates!
    2) Little known fact..I always confess that I canโ€™t sing,I am tone deaf..but I went busking one day!
    When I was young,I was in town with my friend Trudy having a coffee.
    Two guys walked in,carrying guitars. They sat by us and told us they were having no luck,everyone was ignoring their music and passing them by. They asked,would we stand by them for a while,and clap at the end of their songs,try to draw attention to them.
    So out we went,the boys started singing,and my very outgoing friend Trudy immediately started dancing and singing along. Not to be outdone,I joined in.
    We soon got plenty of attention and the money started flowing in. The police moved us on several times,but we just kept finding new places. By this time,people were hanging out of office windows to watch!
    Eventually we went for a drink to count the winnings,and that night the two boys took us out for celebratory drinks. It was a fun and never to be repeated day,as we returned to London the following week,where we were living at the that time. Nice memory! And I often wonder what became of those busking boys !๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Ooo, that’s a challenge Yowser!

Let’s see ….. on the pet hate I’d agree with you regarding misuse if the apostrophe and shoddy spelling on signs. However to add another, it really irritates me when OH unloads the dishwasher, but leaves half the things on the kitchen worktop, instead of putting it away ๐Ÿ˜–!

As for a little known fact ….. that one is proving a bit more difficult.

….. Thinking time ……… How about, I fell asleep at a Status Quo concert at the Rainbow in London? The guy I was going out with at the time was a huge fan, me definitely not so much. Tried to get out of going, but he insisted and then got sh+++y when I fell asleep ๐Ÿคญ! Needless to say, ultimately the relationship didn’t last.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi SUNNY! Im not much of a QUO fan either! And it sounds like you were better off without that guy,and you ended up with a keeper,so its a win win!
    Another pet hate from me…I cant bear the smell of salt and vinegar crisps! Very often,kids are on the bus eating them,and the smell nauseates me. Vinegar is vile.
    And a little known fact. I once got into a Who concert without paying. I didnt mean to!
    Some boys I knew when I lived in London were going to see the Who play (at a football ground) and said they would take me and my friend. We didnt know they intended โ€œbunking โ€œ until we found ourselves having to climb over a big wall..and cross a stream. Which we managed with difficulty.
    We did end up with a great view..right in front of the stage tho. Next time the Who were playing London,my friend and I thought we would try to bunk ourselves in. It was Wembley stadium but we were so stupid,we tried to bunk into the greyhound stadium by mistake…
    By the time we found the right place,the gig was ending and we saw the Who leaving in their limos…And that was the end of our life of crime.
    Come on folks,let us know ..a pet hate and a little known fact about yourselves! Lets get to page 90 and beyond! X

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello to you all and a happy and healthy 2021.
    Iโ€™m back now with a renewed enthusiasm after a few weeks of eating what I know I shouldnโ€™t eat and my innards have certainly let me know why.
    For the first time since I was 15 (I am now 74) my new year wish changed from โ€˜! Will lose weightโ€™ to โ€˜please keep those I know and love safe and wellโ€™
    The decorations will come down today but the candles and fairy lights will stay up until the lighter nights arrive.
    This year will be better!!!
    X B

• posted by Squidge
    on

I did gain some weight over Christmas, but was pleased to see I’m still in the healthy weight range. Only just, but I was well above before I started this WOE. I enjoyed the things I ate, but found I no longer want to graze all day as I would have in the past, and feel that, at long last, I’m properly in control of my eating.

One of my resolutions is to think, and act, more positively, so no pet hate from me. Instead I’ll mention something good I’ve noticed this year โ€“ far more people out walking. Anyone else noticed this? It seems that iin my area at least, the COVID restrictions have encouraged a lot of people to take a daily walk. I hope they keep it up, as I’m convinced that will make a lot of difference to people’s health and in the long run that’s good for all of us.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yes, Busybee this whole thing has certainly made many of us re-evaluate what’s truly important and what our wishes should be.

Squdge, I like your thinking, so in the spirit of finding positivity something good I have noticed this year, is that largely there has been less vehicular traffic (at least in our area) making it easier to hear bird song.

Our inner talk is so important to how we view things and hiw we react to the world around us, so trying to take a positive approach with positive thinking is important and really has never been more so than it is now. Let’s shake off the negatives of the last year and approach this new year full of positivity…. every cloud etc.

• posted by Squidge
    on

I agree, SunnyB. But there’s also something to be said for having a bit of a moan and getting things off our chests and/or getting it into perspective, so hopefully it won’t bother us so much. If that works for some people then it’s a good thing โ€“ for them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi Positive People…xx
    mine for today..
    *~ Here we are in January…a New Year to set new intentions…but also remember,every new moment of every new day is a new opportunity to make changes for a new you!
    *~ Days are already starting to lengthen out a little…Springโ€™s on its way!
    *~ Bought a tracker- fitbit type of thing online yesterday,with Xmas gift money,then I realised I cant use it.( I didnt know you have to link it to a smartphone,until DD told me,and I donโ€™t have one) Managed to cancel quickly last night through a very efficient Customer Services ( thank you )and refund now in my Paypal account!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ~ โ€œ May you live as long as you want,and never want as long as you liveโ€ ~ ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,some positives for today:
    All of the Christmas decorations are back in the loft ready for next Christmas๐ŸŽ„
    Iโ€™m all set ready for the Easter Bus Tour on Monday ๐Ÿ˜€
    M-i-l and F-i-l unfortunately both tested positive for COVID on New Years Eve.They are in their 80s and f-i-l was having trouble with his breathing a bit so an ambulance was called for.We sat outside their house in our car for 3 hours until it turned up (not surprising they are so busy at the moment)but,after 2 days in hospital he came home this afternoon and just has to take it easy for a few weeks.They will be self isolating for a while so we are dropping shopping off.Luckily we didnโ€™t meet up on Christmas Day.
    Still no idea when we will be able to visit my dad in his care home as we are now in Tier 4 but we are in regular contact with the home and he is doing OK,
    Going to try to post positives at least once a week as I enjoy reading everyone elseโ€™s!
    Dawn X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad to read that your in-laws are okay, Dawn, but sorry you visits to your Dad have been suspected for now… hope it won’t be too long before you can visit him again.

Some positives from me today …..
    ๐Ÿทafter the festive break, had my last alcoholic drink this evening, until my birthday in 10 days time. Even then it will only be one evening’s indulgence, before abstaining again.
    ๐Ÿ“ฆ finally got around to packing up two belated christmas parcels, ready for collection tomorrow. In my defence, the contents did arrive with me late ๐Ÿคญ.
    ๐Ÿ’ it looks like at least a few of my latest rose cuttings may have taken, as they are developing little shoots. Every thing crossed that they are successfully rooting.

Another rally call for you all to post positives … let’s look out for them and share them, to help make this year a really positive one.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNY..will you be Birthday Girl on the 13 Th?
    Donโ€™t worry about late pressys! Theyll be appreciated!
    DD has some sheโ€™s giving out on Epiphany, as like you,she was waiting on deliveries
    *~ Started today with a bad cold,been in bed snoozing on and off most of the day,and symptoms seem to be vanishing now..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    *~ DD fed the foxes for me as I wasnt well. She said a passerby gave her a funny look as she was throwing little sausages onto the field for the foxes to feast on,and she was tempted to say,Ive thrown my husband out,but he still needs to eat.
    Made me laugh!
    *~ DD cheered my day up further by leaving on my doorstep two New Year prezzys and a big portion of trifle for me and one for Beau. It was just right. Hadn’t eaten anything else all day so was a nice last minute treat!
    Goodnight folks or good morning/ good afternoon depending where you are XXX๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all,
    It’s a bit early for positives, but I may forget later!

– just back from a lovely walk in the woods with the pup. A bit cold and damp, to be honest. But earlier in the week I took some lovely photos of low winter sunshine coming through the mist and bare branches, so thought of those views instead!
    – pleased to have started back on the BSD yesterday and looking forward to joining the Easter Bus thread.
    – finished my photobook of 2020 yesterday. I wasn’t sure that there were enough positive and happy photos to make the project worthwhile, but pleasantly surprised to find enough material. The empty beach and blue skies featured quite a lot! The last photo I included was a WhatsApped Christmas card of the three magi, with the approved vaccines replacing the camel humps. When the COVID figures look bleak, that is what I shall look at.

Best wishes to all for the first week of the New Year.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

First Monday of the year! Happy day everyone!
    ~ Every morning you have two choices..continue to sleep with your dreams or wake up and chase them ~
    Ah CARONL how lovely to have a puppy! Did you tell us heโ€™s a labrador or am I thinking of another conversation? Your book sounds lovely,specially the three magi and the vaccines,Iโ€™ll keep that in mind to keep me positive.
    *~ Ive ordered several tops in the sales and they arrived today. They fit but hopefully will get bigger and bigger on me as the year unfolds!
    *~ CARONLโ€™s photobook has just reminded me….DD gave me two N Y presents..one is a book that I fill in for her to keep..asking questions,such as What is my earliest memory. I have two first memories,one is being in my pram and two faces peering in at me..the other is standing up in my cot,looking at the door waiting for sbody to come and lift me out!
    *~ Feel very virtuous so far today..have done a meditation,wobbled on my vibroplate for the recommended 3 mins and done 20 mins on my rebounder. This is what 2020 s going to be like!๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡ xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thought for the day as we ease into 2021..
    ๐ŸŒŸIt’s not about what you eat between christmas and new year that matters, but what you eat between new year and christmas! ๐ŸŒŸ

• posted by RubyG
    on

Excellent quote Yowzer, I shall remember that.

My positives for today – hubby and I are both back to work (albeit from home) which means we are back in a good routine re. bedtime, uptime and mealtimes, and we’re back on the 800cals at least until then end of Jan (we did 8 weeks of 800cal until Christmas, with good results).

• posted by Busybee
    on

I am feeling positive and itโ€™s great to hear how each of us finds different ways of lifting our mood and spirit.
    Yowzer, I have also done a bit on online shopping with the hope that I can emerge like a butterfly in nice new clothes by Easter!
    Itโ€™s good to be back to normal and actually know what day it is and also to see the lighter nights coming in.
    X B

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh dear! I wrote a longish post a few days ago but it seems to have evaporated into the โ€˜etherโ€™.
    So start again …. Happy New Year everyone! Hope this year brings all that you wish for.
    Yowzer love your thought for the day …. Iโ€™ll have to remember only to eat between Christmas and New Year!
    Thank you also for all the positives. When I think we are all struggling a little itโ€™s so good to come here and listen to other peopleโ€™s positives. Nature is probably the sure way for all of us to be โ€˜upliftedโ€™.
    So to my positives…..

๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿง…๐Ÿ“ Made two pans of soup, chicken soup and, my favourite, lentil, so freezer stocked for a few more weeks.
    โ˜”๏ธโ„๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€ Despite the gloomy weather itโ€™s wonderful to see so many more birds around. I always feel renewed when the birds are singing.

Hope you all have a positive evening …. here in the UK looks like we might all need to brace ourselves….. stay positive!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi,Iโ€™m enjoying reading everyoneโ€™s positives.I started to type mine up earlier but it disappeared so Iโ€™m trying again:
    ๐Ÿ™‚Have written food plan for the week to get organised so that I know what Iโ€™m going to be eating each day.
    ๐Ÿ™‚Online order came today from Boots and they had put in three free bottles of hand sanitiser which was thoughtful.
    ๐Ÿ™‚My sister rang my dadโ€™s care home today and he had been in the dining room this morning,chatting to other residents and had eaten a slice of toast and had a cup of tea.Considering he hasnโ€™t eaten anything for months and often stays in his room this is major progress and much needed good news!
    Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ahhh thats lovely news to hear about yr Dad DAWN! โค๏ธ Thanks for letting us know X And great about the hand sanitisers! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lots of lovely positive posts today! Special thanks to those whose posts evaporated, for persisting and reposting.

Yes Yowser, I was born on a Friday the 13th ๐Ÿคญ so no superstition for me!

My positives for today …..
    ๐ŸŽ„ Christmas is back in it’s boxes in the loft, so for me the new year really starts here.
    ๐Ÿฝ enjoyed a portion of veggie moussaka for dinner this evening …. it was frozen left overs from a meal I cooked for veggie DIL a few months back. Was surprised how good it was.
    ๐ŸŒž rebooting on the BSD front and getting back to basics from today.

What were yourvposirives from today?

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ah SUNNY! โ€œ Fridays child is loving and giving!โ€ โค๏ธ
    My DD is same!
    Im wednesdays ..full of woe heehee! ๐Ÿ˜„
    Monday’s child is fair of face
    Tuesday’s child is full of grace
    Wednesday’s child is full of woe
    Thursday’s child has far to go,
    Friday’s child is loving and giving,
    Saturday’s child works hard for a living,
    And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
    Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

• posted by Riccoh
    on

3 things to be grateful for.
    1. I tested negative for Covid last week.
    2. Refreshing rain last night. This time last year we had severe water restrictions.
    3. Bird song this morning.

• posted by Squidge
    on

My positive is not having been floored by the latest lockdown. When it happened in March I got quite down and struggled to do anything much for a time. I’m coping much better this time โ€“ and feeling positive that it really will end eventually!

We’ve got plenty of food in the freezer and cupboards and I’ve made up meal plans for the next few weeks. Hopefully we’ll be able to get fresh veggies, but we’ll manage with just what we have if necessary.

I’m so glad lots of you also have positives, and some have had good news about relations.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to see so much โ€˜stoicismโ€™ in the face of our new โ€˜ordersโ€™. Yes we have no choice so can only make the best of the situation. So to my positives ….

โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€โ˜€๏ธ Lovely sunny day which always has to be a bonus.

๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿง…๐ŸŒถ Canโ€™t find any โ€˜panโ€™ emojis but I bought a new stockpot a few days ago which is great especially for soups. Who would have ever thought that a new โ€˜panโ€™ would be the highlight in life! But there you go!

๐Ÿงฝโ˜Ž๏ธ๐Ÿ’ป In March we planned on โ€˜sorting outโ€™ our house. In January we are no further on! So this morning we spent several hours in the study emptying cupboards…. those that have never been touched since we moved in 10 years ago! WOW! We found rubbish ….. so much of it, but also ….. photos…. many…. hotel key cards, visitors guides and entrance tickets …. an abundance. Wonderful memories from the last 25 years or so but itโ€™s time to move on …… savour what has been and look forward with relish to what might/will be ….. we all need dreams!

Enjoy tonight!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lovely to see you posting positives, V. Sounds like you’ve had a wonderful trip down memory lane today. As you say, we can at least still dream of future trip … you’re right, we all need dreams and certainly a lot of mine involve travel.
    Squidge, glad you are coping with the new lockdown more calmly this time round. All things must pass … and this will too.

Here are the positives from my little corner …..
    ๐Ÿ›’ grocery shopping done this morning, so all set for the new lockdown …. well stocked for at least the coming week.
    ๐ŸŒธ a charming little orchid came home with me from Tesco ๐Ÿคญ . Well I had to adopt another one, as I lost two recently.
    ๐ŸŒนhave ordered more rose bushes for the garden … naughty I know, but it had to be done … like orchids, you can never have too many!
    ๐ŸŽž ๐ŸŽฅ homestay of my friend in India, was used for a music video shoot today, this is a plus as his business has been very depressed over the last year. Pleased that something positive is happening for him.

Did something positive happen for you today? We’d love to read about it!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola mes amigoes!
    V that sounds like an interesting day,bringing back lots of memories for you and hubby!
    SUNNY glad youre all stocked up with provisions and flowers!
    My positives…
    *~ Got a home delivery tomorrow and an order from the Health shop..their penny sale is very good value,plus 15 % off on top..win win!
    *~ VERANO and I have a guilty viewing pleasure…Married at First Sight Australia..Im just about to watch episode 2!
    *~ Feel so appreciative..yes We โ€˜re back in lockdown,but I have so many things at home to keep me occupied..a lot of new books to read,some new meditations to listen to,art supplies to get creative. A warm home and food in the kitchen. Cant complain. Tho I feel for everybody,parents,teachers,kids..how confusing it is for them all at the moment..and for anyone who is ill/ has sbody ill or lost sbody thru this virus. Sending out love and positive vibes and blessings to all of us XXXXXโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quite early for me to post positives, but have a few, so thought I’d share them ….
    ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ kicked off my meditation routine again today, along with qigong as well …. even with just one session of each, I feel so much more positive. Should hopefully mean a better night’s sleep tonight too. It’s going to be a daily thing again now.
    ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ tiday I also started a regime of being sure to move around every half hour if I’m having a sedentary day, so have been doing stretched and squats. Figure every little helps.
    ๐ŸŒฟ wasn’t warm enough for gardening, but I did get out there to have a look at what’s going on. Good to see a few blooms and lots of buds, promising good things in the days to come.
    Overall, it’s been a good day and even though this is the first day of the new lockdown, I’m feeling positive. Hope that’s the case for you too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.