Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

More on the travel theme to celebrate and on eating out.
    1. A family get together in Dorset; my mum and sister are traveling from Ireland to join us in Dorset for a seaside holiday.
    2. I have found 2 fast food outlets for cheap tasty food in London area. Fatsecret carbs values Subway has the chicken strips salad, huge bowl of lettuce, cheese, olives, chilli peppers and chicken, with mayo. £4.30 7g carbs very tasty.
    Leon has chicken satay salad; I asked for a bunless chicken burger and got hot grilled chicken thighs, covered in mayonnaise aioli, and a pea and rocket salad. £4.99 15 carbs and delicious.
    3. I am feeling great, no longer snoring according to OH, so sleeping well; back on a losing streak, and all the family are well.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Have already posted this elsewhere, but thought I’d repeat here too.
    ‘Hope all the men on this thread will excuse me for high-jacking it, to wish all the women here a positive and empowering International Women’s Day. To all those women new to the BSD, I congratulate you for valuing yourself enough to embarking on this path to health and well being. To those who have trod the BSD path alongside me, I say thank you – your support and generosity has been greatly valued and appreciated. To all of you, I wish you all you wish for yourselves.’

wendleg – hope you have really enjoyed you half term and can return to your students fully recharged and ready to go. The new dress is going to give you a wonderful boost on Monday, when you’d probably prefer to have a few more days at home.
    Some positives from me for today …..
    1) Made a decent start on sorting out birthday gifts and cards, for March and April birthdays and Mothers Day. Still got more than I’d like to organise, but at least a start has been made.
    2) OH finished work early today, so we’ve had the afternoon together – a rare event at home.
    3) Looking forward to a simple domestic w/e and hoping to get some gardening done – weather permitting.

Hope everyone is clocking up positive and will be letting us know about them too. Have a great w/e ….

• posted by wendleg
    on

The family being well is a massive positive Patricia. My two boys are in Australia but to know they are well and happy helps me immensely . Glad you are feeling great and have a fab time with your family !

Thanks SunnyB. Half term holidays always have to end but I find this time of year much easier. Coming home in daylight and seeing everything coming alive in the Spring sunshine is a real boost. I will wear my dress and wacky earrings on Monday and go into school with a smile ! I hope you have a lovely weekend with O/H and you managed to find more stocks of your fragrant hair oil !

I saw a friend today who had not seen me since September ( when I started BSD) and he was staggered by the difference in my appearance (20kg/3stone lighter) That was nice as it has taken people a long time to notice .
    Have a great weekend everyone !

• posted by Verano
    on

Good evening !
    Echoing SunnyB I would also like to wish everyone a happy International Women’s Day. Today we should all make one goal/resolution for the coming year to improve, indulge or empower ourselves. Let’s be selfish for a change!
    Lovely to hear from you Allie. SunnyB you sound so organised you put me to shame! Patricia Dorset is one of my favourite parts of the country. We spent some happy times there last year.
    Wendy have you heard from Kazz? I know she’s taking sometime out but hope she’s well. It’s amazing how long it takes before people notice. I’d probably lost a similar amount to you before anybody commented. I’d started to think I didn’t look any different!
    So to my positives……
    The magnolias are almost in full bloom!!! I adore magnolias and although we don’t have a tree there are several mature trees in my area and some are really magnificent. It’s a pity that the blossoms last for such a short time. Let’s hope there aren’t any strong winds in the next few weeks.
    Saw the podiatrist today so my feet are feeling and looking good ….. now I just have to sort out the rest of me!
    Travel plans all sorted now although not ideal, but no longer stressing. But we have just booked a weekend away at the end of the month as a ‘trial run’ . I know I will manage really so no great problem.
    Have a lovely weekend!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I love the sound of your ‘trial’ weekend away V ! Glad the stress is being managed now…..and the big trip will be wonderful. You are making great strides with your recovery.
    Allie is in touch with Kazz too and she is fine but she is preoccupied with imminent job changes and the waiting is frustrating and unsettling. She will be back with us soon, I am sure.
    Wishing you a lovely floral weekend !!

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks for the update Wendy. Hope Kazz’s life is settled soon. Happy weekend to you too.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Oh Patricia 🙂 Reading of Dorset reminded me of times gone by when I was on holiday with family friends in Sanford Wareham . . . The rhododendrons . . . elderberry cordial loving home-made especially or us by our hosts . . . I do hope you have a great visit and catch-up 🙂
    My positives today:
    1. Have finalised side trips for all but one of the ports on an upcoming cruise covering both islands of NZ . . . and on the last day . . .? A one hour “Trike” Thunderbike ride out of Paihia in the Bay of Islands NZ . (My blast gift to me for a special birthday in September 🙂 )
    2. Long private and personal story . . . . but I had a minor disappointment arrive today – to which I didnt have a major depressed reaction 🙂 Thats progress!
    3. Have finished all mending, taking-up hems, replacing buttons, hand embroidered flower trims on a grey pullover . . . etc., while enjoying the movie “The Notebook” .
    Saturday night downunder and Sunday yet to come 🙂 Life’s good . . . Enjoy your weekend everyone. 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Verano! So glad to hear of your progress and you are sufficiently well to head out on an adventure . . . Just a few weeks ago . . . the outlook seemed bleak at best . . now the silver linings have shown themselves. What wondrous things we can be blessed with 🙂 GREAT news 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks WoodDuckie ! As long as we can still find the silver linings we will all be alright! Your cruise sounds really exciting. When do you leave? I have a friend who is on holiday in Oz at the moment and is due to do a NZ cruise next Monday. It’s all so exciting.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Seems as if lots of us are planning big trips for 2019. Glad you are fit enough to venture off on a mini-break as a ‘tester’ V, you must be so relieved that things have progressed so well. Don’t think I can claim to be an organised person, but rather that I have occasional bursts of getting my act together!
    Duckie – well done on both the sewing and managing to cope with the disappointment issue so well. As we’ve discussed before, it comes back to neuro-linguistics – our ‘self-speak’ really can make a huge difference to how we react to negativity impinging on our world.

My positives for today are small ones, but positives nonetheless ….
    1) Weather was good enough this morning to get out and do some tidying in the garden. Pruned some roses that didn’t get done in the autumn; dug weeds out of containers; planted in some short sweetpeas bred for containers. Didn’t treat the weeds in the gravel yet, as we are threatened with rain later today.
    2) Online ordered some new plants to put in before we go to Turkey. Tried to get some that are especially appealing to butterflies and bees.
    3) One huge fat bumblebee buzzing around the garden while I was out there, seemed to be especially enjoying the pieris, which has lots of flowers at the moment.
    4) Decided on shawarma chicken for dinner tonight, so that’s in marinading and have made a yogurt and tahini dressing to go with it – really looking forward to it.
    Hope everyone is having an especially good w/e filled with positives.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone. I am making headway with reports which have to be ready for a meeting on Thursday and as I hate having things ‘hanging over me’ I am feeling positive about the progress I have made. At this rate I can be free to go off to the local market in the morning. I never get tired of French markets.There is something special about seeing all the local produce on display .I can get really excited about greens ! One lovely farmer sells glorious rainbow chard, lambs lettuce and mustard greens. O/H makes a beeline for the cheeses and pâtés !

Shawarma chicken sounds very exotic, SunnyB !

Lots of great expériences await you on your cruise I am sure, Duckie ! My goodness, that Thunderbike ride sounds amazing and would probably scare me immensely so well done for taking on that challenge ! I am glad you coped well with your disappointment. Remember we can’ t influence the behaviour of others, just our reactions to it so well done Duckie.
    Back to the reports now !

• posted by wendleg
    on

SunnyB , I was intrigued by your chicken shawarma and had to look a recipe. It sounds amazing : one for O/H to try when I am back at work 😉

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Verano! I do hope your friend enjoys NZ. It is an incredibly beautiful country of such extremes and grandeur.
    My cruise leaves Sydney Sunday 7th April . . . returns Sunday 21st. Having (initially) discussed these dates with my first-born, as I will be (out of Oz) on the 18th . . . his 50th!!!! 🙂 With the past 6 -7 years having seen me at – (and coming back from) – death’s door – followed by two (unrelated) huge health issues which are (hopefully) now behind . . . I was enthusiastically encouraged to go! – take the plunge of the (second NZ cruise – though third trip there) adventure – being reminded life is short and windows of opportunities MUST be taken when they present. I was also re-assured . . . IF there are celebrations . . .(which he doesnt want) . . . such can be arranged for during the next week which is still school holidays 🙂 Living alone, finding a cabin buddy to avoid the extra charges was a challenge. Then, out of left field another (living alone, retired, spoken to maybe on 3-4 occasions ONLY) lady acquaintance, met through attending my daughter-in-law’s Body Shop parties, became a “what if?” – and was asked would she consider joining me. When the idea was shared with her offspring their jaws dropped! She was encouraged to meet for a “one on one” situation – far removed from the “home party” situation. We talked non-stop for 4-5 hours . . . and have repeated that initial lunch experience several times since!! Investigating, deciding upon and soon to be sharing the chosen side-trips . . . the rest will soon become history! Life’s good! hmmm maybe AMAZING is a better description 🙂
    May I suggest a compulsory Google search and reading today of what I consider a very simplistic, and healing explanation of relationships and events during our “Life”. Maybe from here, something which has been troubling or needs clarity can be revealed for its vital place, or the role it played in our life’s jigsaw . . . Its called A Reason, A Season, A Lifetime. Quack. Quack.

• posted by Verano
    on

Duckie I salute you!!!!! Go for it you sound like an amazing lady. I look forward to hearing how your trip goes. A Reason A Season A Lifetime duly downloaded to start reading tomorrow. I will report back when I’m done!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I concur Duckie, I firmly believe people come into and out of our lives for a reason/season etc. and I recently learnt that sometimes they leave for awhile, while they work something out for themselves. I’m sure you will have a fabulous trip with your new friend and it will be interesting to see if that friendship expands beyond that.

Here goes with some positives for today …
    1) Coloured my hair yesterday and as I couldn’t get my usual colour/brand, I had decided to go with another, rather than wait. Well, the result was shocking – way too ‘carroty’ for me to consider going out in public. Having sat brooding about it for a while, I did an online search for how to strip out hair dye and came upon a solution using vitamin c and Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo. Luckily, OH uses H&S and I keep vit c in the cupboard for times when my immune system needs a boost. Anyway, cutting a long story short – IT WORKED!! Hair is now much more the shade I would normally go for and I was able to go out shopping this morning, without feeling like a road crossing light!
    2) Made a list of household chores to get done before the w/e and have managed to tick four of them off already.
    3) Eldest son resigned his job at the w/e – knee-jerk reaction to a personality clash resulting in a workplace row – but was offered a new one today. Lucky boy!
    Well, hope everyone is coming out of the w/e with lots of positives and hope to be reading about some of them soon.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have family coming to stay tomorrow for a week. Chicken Marbella is marinading in the fridge (I used the Ottolenghi recipe) and I will also try out the chicken sharwanda – thank you for inspiration! I did “quality check” one date; just as well day has been v low carb so far and should still be v close to 20g. When I was shopping I looked (purely for scientific purposes!) at carbs in one chocolatey biscuit – 23g! For one! If she is still reading posts, Nee, how are you? Hope the problems you were facing have lessened and it would be good to know if you are carrying on with the WoE and how things are going. Sunny B, at least you know to stick to tried and tested colour! Woodduckie your cruise sounds fab. Lots of people do seem to have wonderful holidays on here!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Red is such a tricky color to maintain, Sunny! I was a redhead for a number of years, but the maintenance became
    a chore. While it grew out however, I looked like a freak for months, half red and half silver! I’m often tempted to
    go back, but something always stops me. Good sense, perhaps?

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I’ve just noticed – Allie you have your “gs” back!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hahaa, sixturkeys! The news isn’t all good, though…I just killed off another “mother board”! I now have to buy
    another laptop 🙂 I have a real propensity for spilling things on my keyboard, unfortunately. It’s ridiculous, but it always provides amusement here. My husband and I are sharing a laptop at the moment….Needless to say, he is utterly disgusted with my antics!
    Who could blame him? I’m appalled, too! How are you? Are you loving this lifestyle? I’m sure that you already know
    that I’m passionate about it. I definitely watch for your posts! Your sense of humor amuses me, and I don’t in the
    least mind being the butt of my own jokes….Wishing you a great day 🙂

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Ah, well yes I can see a whole new laptop is quite another thing…I must say I am not missing the “traditional” carbs at all really. Though yesterday I was having ham for lunch and had the urge (almost like pregnancy pica) to buy a jar of piccalilli – might be unheard of in the States, it’s basically pickled cauliflower and gherkins in a bright yellow very tangy vinegary sauce. Added a few carbs and as I bought the cheapest supermarket own brand it was pretty vile….So next time I will just have a few cornichons. I am adjusting to really looking at carbs – and being very happy with smaller portions of say cauliflower or broccoli. I do have the odd red wine tho, but apart from recent minor blip, the scales are showing consistent discard. What is nice is to stand on the scales in the middle of the day, after lunch, and still be a stone from where I was just a few weeks ago. Still some way to go but the direction of travel is looking good! Have you decided on your planting scheme yet? Have a lovely day too!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone ! Major positive..I survived my first day back at school after the half term break. Kids weren’t too grumpy which was a bonus !

I am back on my fasting protocol. Last meal Sunday 8pm and hoping to keep going until Tuesday early evening. I got out of the habit over the break and I too am partial to a few nuts and squares of very dark chocolate so a reboot will do me good !

Another positive, I wore my cheapo LIDL dress today and if I say so myself, it looked very smart and felt very comfortable.
    I paired it with a yellow cardigan, multicoloured scarf and wacky earrings to ward off any post holiday gloominess ! I too colour my hair coppery red SunnyB but I rely on my hairdresser so I avoid any catastrophes !

Have a great , positive week everyone !

Glad to hear your son managed to get a new job so quickly ! My youngest son moved to Melbourne recently and was lucky to find work in his field after just a few interviews. It’s very much like the work he was doing in Paris but the hours are better. He is happy and so I am .I always worry about my boys 😉

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I for one want a fuller description of the wacky earrings. Can I also ask, is your husband French? I lived in Paris for some years when I was younger (school and uni). But haven’t been back to France for years!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Don’t get me started on earrings sixturkeys !!! When I acquire a new outfit I HAVE to have coordinating earrings. A few examples…..earrings made from Nespresso capsules, not too wacky…a Boden dress with a squirrel motif…I found earrings which ressembled acorns …;-) Pretty wacky ! I source them on my travels . I got some flamenco dancers in Malaga and I always check out the wonderful creative people on Etsy. I dare not tell you how many I have but they are displayed on artists’ canvases !!

My sons have a French father but that relationship was not one of my successes (!!) I returned to my roots and married for the first time at age 51 …to an Englishman ! He is a keeper !

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Wow, I thought you might say a mix of brightly coloured stones or beads but Nespresso capsules and flamenco dancers are definitely original! Can we ask about legendary big pants with the new wardrobe? Your love story is wonderful!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I will spill the beans on Wendy..over a hundred pairs of earrings, and still counting…! She needs a display board to
    keep track of them all! 🙂 🙂 🙂 She’s a style setter, lots of bright colors, too!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh Allie I dare not count but I think I am WELL over one hundred !!! I have a serious earring addiction as you well know !!!

Sixturkeys I am waiting to renew my pants in Marks and Spencer in a trip to the Uk end April. Until then the legendary bloomers will continue to sail forth on the washing line.
    Yes, O/H was definitely worth waiting for . He is 10 years older than me , hence my haste to retire next year so we can travel outside of school hols and make the most of our time together !

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Legendary bloomers which sail forth on washing lines. It is poetic – and very British! Your O/H’s secret spring garden sounded magical. That alone shows what a gem he must be!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Here I am, hauling this thread back to the top of the list and hoping some of you good folks will be sharing some positives with us all. I admit I have been absent from this thread for a few days, as ‘stuff’ rather got in the way – have been prepping for the guests we have visiting with us this w/e and yesterday I was dogged by a minor migraine, which kept me from posting positives as I was busy feeling sorry for myself!

Anyway, feeling A1 today and have a few positives to post …..
    1) This morning I have made Chicken Rillettes and Lemon & Lime possets ready for dinner with our guests tomorrow evening. That leaves just the main to tackle tomorrow and as that’s a slow cook job, I can throw it together in the morning and leave it to get on with cooking throughout the day – simple!
    2) Have eldest grandson staying overnight tomorrow too – unexpected additional guest, but we’ll wedge him in somewhere and it’s always good to see him.
    3) Noticed yesterday, that my small lilac which bloomed last year for the first time in approx 13yrs, has quite a lot of bud on it and I’m hoping I might actually get to see it in bloom this year, as we were on our drive out to Turkey last year when it flowered. With the mild weather, I think it might bloom earlier than last time and I’ll actually get to see what colour it is.

Okay folks, not expecting to be able to post anything tomorrow, but should be back here on Sunday with some positives, although I’m hoping that others will be posting their positives in the meantime. Wishing everyone a w/e packed with positives.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Your lilac sounds lovely Sunny, that’s something I’ve never grown. My mother always said they were tricky, maybe that’s just the Sydney climate.
    My positives today- I’m going sailing for the weekend which I love. Weather could be better but oh well!
    Finally finished sanding my bookcase, it’s all ready for staining next week.
    The job I’ve been seconded to for three years has been made permanent so I won’t have to go back to the old one that I was pretty tired of 😊
    Hope everyone has a great weekend ⛵️

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

My 3 positives are
    1 My mum and sister have safely arrived after a fraught flight from London. Lately, air travel is stressful, and at 80 my mum is a trooper but needs to be home soon.
    2 I learned a few useful salad recipes from my sister, and my husband actually ate them! He can be pernikity about healthy food.
    3. We had many loving moments on holiday, with spectacular views and wild gales blowing.

Wendleg, your earrings show your creativity; wish you and your OH a lovely cruise.
    Mariet, your bookcase too gives you an outlet for your artistry.
    SunnyB golden sunshine permeates your words, love to hear your thoughts.
    Alliecat, what is the antithesis to creativity, well the laptop found out! 😏 No drinking and driving, I mean blogging for you.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Woodduckie, the cruise is of course yours, have a wonderful time.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! SunnyB thank you for reminding us to concentrate on our positives. Sometimes life gets in the way and we forget to count our blessings.
    My week started pretty badly with a mature tree needing to be removed before it fell onto our roof! But then everything has a lifespan but I just wonder where the resident squirrel will take its exercise when it comes out of hibernation soon.
    Nonetheless I do have positives …….
    Spring is around the corner so thoughts have been turning to cleaning and in turn to decorating. I have persuaded my OH at last that it really is time for some repainting. Looks like that will be done in the not too distant future.
    I have sorted out my jigsaws and now have a pile for the charity shop. Maybe I should sort out my clothes as well!
    Talking about clothes I seem to be wearing ‘fat clothes ‘ again. I’m around 6lbs away from my weight at the end of 2017 so have almost put the disaster that was 2018 behind me. The strange thing is that my measurements are smaller than they have been in a long time even thought I weigh more. I’m now convinced that the number on the scale really is just a number and not something to be taken too much to heart.
    Hope everyone is feeling positive and even if life is throwing some curved balls there’s always a silver lining ….. if you look hard enough. Have a good week.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yes, thanks Sunny for continuing to keep this thread alive. Hope you have a lovely time with your guests and the food sounds amazing.

I’ve never been sailing Mariet but it sounds very invigorating ! Enjoy ..despite the weather. It’s a bit grey here this Morning after a glorious Saturday. Well done on finally finishing that bookcase and congrats on the job permanency too.

Patricia, glad you had a great family time. Simple pleasures are often the best. Yes, the earrings are me ( the wackier the better !) I wish I could make them myself ….a retirement project maybe ? Our next trip is an EasyJet flight to Bristol ( no cruises on our horizon 😉 )

Verano, glad to hear you are making Spring cleaning plans . I love throwing the windows open to let the sun stream in. This old French farmhouse has extremely thick mud brick walls and it takes a while for the house to heat up after the winter. I love arriving at work in the morning in the Spring daylight. When is your trip , V ?

Continuing the flora theme…we have hundreds of tiny wild violets in the garden this year. Our almond and plum trees are in full blossom. My boys are safe and well in Oz. My family in the Uk are all well. That’s positive enough for me.

I love that this thread is always warm and friendly, never controversial with différences of opinions. That’s extremely positive xx Thanks everyone

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello one-and-all – lovely to see there has been some activity on this thread since my last post here.
    Mariet – hope you had a lovely time sailing and very pleased for you, that you get to continue doing a job you enjoy.
    Patricia – Special time with the ones we love are true treasures in life and provide sweet memories to bank for future reflection and enjoyment.
    Verano – how sad to have to let go of a mature tree. I am very fond of trees and find the demise of a mature tree a melancholic thing. You’ll soon see off those 6lb and be back to your 2017 low. Interestingly, my thoughts have been turning to redecoration too – I’m thinking to make a start on the spare bedrooms, once I no longer have the responsibility of our village hall admin next month.
    wendleg – I adore violets! Something that is definitely missing from our garden – think I need to see if I can source some for next spring.
    My positives for today …..
    1) Lovely to see old friends this w/e and spend time with them catching up on news face to face.
    2) Bit of a panic yesterday, when no-one could contact eldest grandson – turned out he’d put his phone on silent and fallen asleep! All very grateful to find he was safe and well and get him back to our house for the night.
    3) Weather was so lovely this morning, we were able to have the top of the stable door in the kitchen open. It felt really spring-like – quite joyful.
    4) Youngest daughter’s birthday today, saw her briefly and pleased to find her ire at son ‘dropping off grid’ yesterday when she was away from home, had been forgiven and all is harmonious.
    Think those are enough positives for anyone. Please look for the positives in your corner of the world and share them with us if you can, they help to keep us all uplifted.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Well today really has been good for me. Diabetic review shows my HbA1c is 32 (5.1) and my cholesterol 4.2 the lowest level ever. Yet the practice nurse still wanted to ‘talk’ about statins!!!
    Anyway they are my positives for today!
    Wendy, SunnyB just a few more weeks before the clocks spring forward and then we will all feel lighter and brighter. Wendy we are away in mid April and I’m really looking forward to it now despite the slight trepidation I’m feeling.
    Thank you for all all your positives it’s so good to read ‘happy’ news. Have a good evening.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Woohoo way to go V!! Brilliant results and definite positives. You’ll be fine come mid April and eager to get off on that cruise.
    Today has been a bit blah, so I’m scratching around for positives, but there must be something ……. Mmm mmm …
    1) Nice phone chat with Mum today.
    2) Despite nagging headache most of the day, managed to get a good start on reports I have to do for Hall committee this month and next.
    Best I can do on the positives for today. Hope everyone’s able to identify some positive for today.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I responded to V on the weekly thread, so pleased for you V . You will soon be embarking on your trip and the trepidation will ease.
    Hope you have a better day tomorrow, Sunny. You’ve had a busy weekend so find some restful moments.

I wore my cheapo LIDL dress today and got loads of compliments 😉 It’s rare that pupils comment on my dress choices hee hee so I think that is quite a positive !!

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks SunnyB! It’s a new day, a new Tuesday, a new week and I hope today is a better day than yesterday for you. In fact, let’s hope it’s s great day for us all with lots of positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Feeling much better today thanks V – no headache and the sun is actually shining. Too early to post positives, but I’m sure the day will bring some for everyone. As you say – new day, new week etc. nice new start to make our mark on. Will look forward to reading lots of positives later today.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Much more positive day today, so thought I’d drop in to see what’s happening on the Positives thread – disappointed to find nothing new posted since this morning.
    1) Today was dry with only a light breeze, which meant at long last I was able to get out in the garden and treat the weeds coming through the gravel on the flower beds and in the containers. Feels good to have that job done.
    2) Took oldest grandson to a college interview and they are giving him a conditional offer for a place on an engineering course.
    3) After feeling cr++py yesterday, felt really great today – exceptionally so in fact!
    Get posting those positives people, we need the good energy they bring with them.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Sunny, you are obviously an excellent cook! I have prepped Chicken Marbella for tomorrow, but in my haste added the bit of white wine which the recipe says to add just before cooking to the marinade instead….Hope that does not ruin the whole marinading process! Your positives sound great! Well done to your grandson!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! Today is both International Happy Day and the spring equinox, in the southern hemisphere so what’s not to like!!!!!!
    Sorry for not posting yesterday Sunny but here are my positives just a little late…..

1. Picked up an order of a ‘miracle’ neck cream. I’ll report back in seven days!
    2. Sorted out my laundry so just s little ironing to do today or tomorrow.
    3. Had a lovely Turkish meal out last night. Once you ask for no potatoes, rice and bread the food is really BSD friendly.
    Talking about food can you point me in the direction of the chicken shwarma and marbella recipes please.
    Have a ‘happy’ day!

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

feeling a bit blergh this morning so lets give this a go.

husband took kids to school so i get an extra half hour. going to use this to go for a run walk is the sunshine.

just cleaned on top of my kitchen cupboards which are now shinny

watered and dusted all my plants and chatted with them a little

changed the sheets so that lovely clean bed feeling to look forward to tonight

had a little dance in the kitchen

and its only 9.30!

feeling bouncier already

• posted by TheBudgie
    on

Hi all,
    My energy yesterday was crazy I had it to spare, my walking parts of my commute to work are a lot quicker I am actually overtaking people now, which is more impressive as I have both feet in cast! At my volunteering group last night I could actually keep up with the kids, stand for both sessions without needing to sit and actually joined in one of the dances. This WOE is giving me all the positives so far I need to carry on, starting to actually enjoy life again.

\|/ \|/

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi Verano – I’d forgotten today is the Spring Equinox! Do let us know about the miracle neck cream (and if there is a miracle all over body one……). I used the Shawarma recipe from the BBC Food site (it’s a Nigella one) and the Ottoelenghi Marbella (also just by googling). Skipping that is a very productive start to the day! And indeed “Happy Day” to all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How wonderful to see so many positives being posted already today.
    V – like the sound of the miracle neck cream, please be sure to report back on it. I mark my own shawarma spice mix, which changes slightly every time, but there are lots of shawarma recipes on line, this is a good one:
    https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/oven-roasted-chicken-shawarma/
    Skipping – Wow, that is quite a list of achievements before 9.30 – made me feel quite worn out!!! You’ll be needing that clean sheet feeling tonight.
    Budgie – so pleased that you are reaping the benefits of this WOE so markedly. Was puzzled by the marks at the end of your post, but have just realised these are budgie foot prints – cute!
    Too early in the day for me to be posting positives, but I will be back later to offer some. Thank you to everyone who has already given us a positive boost this morning.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Sorry Sunny I was feeling a bit too discouraged yesterday to post positives and it is very unlike me so I am bouncing back today on a beautiful sunny Wednesday afternoon ( no school which gives me a breather !)
    Positives
    I put on a white wash before leaving this morning and it is drying happily in the sunshine.
    My red nose sale is going well and I am hoping to beat my 2017 record !
    I completed a 65h fast at lunch time today.I am not showing off …I only do it once a month. It’s very empowering.I am in control of food rather than being controlled and addicted..
    I am not sure if this is a positive but I found some cream in the Bio/Health food shop the other day and when I opened it it has the consistency of Jersey clotted cream .OMG. I have always lamented the lack of proper cream in France.Crème fraiche is just not the same ….and now I have a source !!! Not to be abused !!!

Some great postitives, Skipping, Budgie, Verano ! Crikey the week is galloping by again ! I can even anticipate a snoozette in the sun for a shot of vitamin D !
    Hope everyone is having a lovely day

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Wendleg, I’m in awe of your fast. I read the links you mentioned the other day with great interest. Have there been many trials as to the efficacy of such a long fast. As I’m just starting out it’s not something I intend to try any time in the nearby future. Did you build up slowly? I have managed a 17 hours without too much bother but have since read that autophagy doesn’t kick in till 16 hours and then builds so I wouldn’t get much of a result from 17 hours. If I’m going to try for 24 hours I’m going to have to chose the day carefully. On the way home from school today my youngest was ploughing through a packet of Cadbury fingers. It was almost more than I could stand and I don’t even like milk chocolate. I held fast and thought about the square of dark chocolate waiting for me. One of the greedy swinesxhad found it an eaten it!

• posted by Verano
    on

Thank you for the recipes. Will check in later.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.Too tired after late meetings to post at length but just to say to skipping that I will reply tomorrow.

My inspiration is Jason Fung’s research and work . There are videos on the dietdoctor site which explain in more depth.

Don’t forget that I am sleeping for a good part of the 65h fast !!

Positives anyway…beautiful sunny afternoon and tomorrow is Friday, yipppeee ! I also made headway with my marking which had been piling up !

Looking forward to the weekend . Hope everyone is ok

Please log in or register to post a reply.