Please sign our petition

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Magpiemag
    on

I’ve just signed, taking it up to 198 signatures. Just to say, you have to be a UK resident and/or a British citizen. I live outside the UK and it allowed me to sign. Hope that encourages a few more signatures. After the World Health Organisation’s major diabetes report yesterday surely this is the right time to spread the word.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks magpiemag both for signing and the nod to the fact all british citizens can sign πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks for the articles Bill, I’ve printed them off to share with friends:)

• posted by Bill1954
    on

200 and counting, only 9800 to go πŸ˜€

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi bill1954
    I keep doing this posting before I’ve finished, it’s me and this iPad!
    Did you see the piece in the daily mail today? I havent read it yet just the headlines, ‘obesity crisis sends diabetes soaring by a third since 1980’ will read if I have time, got more family coming this afternoon, so chance until later or even in the morning!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Email from the diabetes.co.uk this morning contained this
    “One particular treatment that has shown to be clinically and anecdotally beneficial for people with diabetes is eating a low-carb diet. Not only can the diet improve HbA1c, but it can also prevent people at risk of diabetes from developing type 2 diabetes. To this end, we released the Low-Carb Program in 2015. The free 10-week education program can help with weight loss, improve glycemic control and reduce dependency on medication.”

So, why wasn’t this publicised widely ?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Email from diabetes.co.uk this morning contains this
    “One particular treatment that has shown to be clinically and anecdotally beneficial for people with diabetes is eating a low-carb diet. Not only can the diet improve HbA1c, but it can also prevent people at risk of diabetes from developing type 2 diabetes.

To this end, we released the Low-Carb Program in 2015. The free 10-week education program can help with weight loss, improve glycemic control and reduce dependency on medication.”
    Wouldn’t you have though that this would have been widely publicised?
    I didnt know about it before Michaels book

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Got an email from diabetes dot co dot uk today, it contains this
    “One particular treatment that has shown to be clinically and anecdotally beneficial for people with diabetes is eating a low-carb diet. Not only can the diet improve HbA1c, but it can also prevent people at risk of diabetes from developing type 2 diabetes.

To this end, we released the Low-Carb Program in 2015. The free 10-week education program can help with weight loss, improve glycemic control and reduce dependency on medication.”
    If that’s the case why wasn’t it publicised widely ? I knew nothing about this until Michaels book came out.

• posted by Kags
    on

I got the same e-mail this morning Bill. I had never heard of it either.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bill and Kags, not got that particular email, but did hear about this (or something similar) at the end of last year, just before I found the BSD. Have to say it wasn’t as low carb as most often us are doing. Wasn’t particularly impressed and never finished the online course.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Bill1954
    Wow! Someone is taking notice of Low Carbs & YOUπŸ˜€
    Nope didn’t know either. They must be rattled! Keep on keeping on
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hurray we finally have a signature in northern ireland! 202 signatures so far! Ive been promised a few sign ups just waiting for them

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I had trawled the diabetes uk site to see what dietary advice they were giving. Not impressed. It was reactionary rather than proactive – seemed as if they were covering their a…. After criticism from the daily mail!!!! They reckon a low carb/low calorie diet could work BUT would have to be done with a health professionals guidance to be safe.
    In short they speak with forked tongue

• posted by hashimoto
    on

207 signatures, we’d love to see more!! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi please sign our petition, we have been stuck on 207 since friday. If you are a British Citizen you can sign πŸ™‚

• posted by Nigel
    on

Just signed, Cheers.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks nigel πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

213 signatures so far!! Please sign if you are a British Citizen and haven’t signed so far!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Calling all British Citizens – please sign our petition! 216 votes so far! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

221 signatures. Let’s keep it rolling folks πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Calling all British Citizens! Please sign our petition. 222 signatures so far πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

British Citizens we have 224 signatures! If you haven’t already please can you join us? πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Just looked and I got a private tweet from Diabetes UK after asking them to sign the petition.
    It reads
    “Unfortunately do not sign up to petitions, but we wish you all the best with your campaign”
    Wouldn’t you think that something like “sorry we do not sign petitions but we will publish the link on our forums to let the members know about it” would have been a much better answer.
    Are these peoiple getting salaries and protecting their jobs ? I would have thought that what is now a proven method of dealing with the disease would have excited a lot more interest than that.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, somehow I am not surprised by their response. They are stuck in past decades. They probably still don’t believe it works judging by the Diabetes Australia bloke on the video. Good thinking on your part to send the link to them though!! Hammering at them might get them to listen eventually! πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Bill. Got an email this morning from one of our diabetes organisations (sorry, deleted email & can’t find it) talking about a young man in Scotland reversing his diabetes on a Paleo diet. There’s a new thread on diabetes.co.uk forum about the BSD.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

227 signatures!! Hi lynne I will look again at the diabetes UK site πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi all British Citizens, wherever you are you can sign our petition to ask the NHS to promote this diet for T2 diabetics πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi, if you are a British Citizen and haven’t already signed our petition would you mind sparing a minute to sign? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by luise
    on

I’ve signed too ! Great petition.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks,luise!!!! Some of us have posted to facebook as well to spread the word further πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi, if you are a British Citizen and haven’t already signed our petition would you mind sparing a minute to sign? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

233 signatures so far! If you are a British citizen would you sign our petition? πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi, British citizens, wherever you are, please could you sign our petition? We are asking the NHS to encourage T2 diabetics to follow the low carb diet. Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi to all newcomers on the BSD, if you are a British Citizen please could you sign our petition? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by Robmac
    on

Now signed.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Robmac πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

237 signatures! If you are new and haven’t signed our petition it is to ask the NHS to urge T2 diabetics to follow this low calorie, low carb diet. Please will you sign? πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi if you are a British citizen please could you sign our petition? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Calling all British Citizens! Please sign our petition. 240 signatures so far πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi folks, if you are new to the forums and a British Citizen would you mind signing our petition please? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    Went out for dinner with our two diabetic friends last night, they were impressed with my weight loss and were interested in the website, so I asked them to sign the petition, hopefully they will do, they are off to Stratford today for Shakespeare’s birthday celebrations, however I’m sure they will look into it next week
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi christine I’m so pleased your friends could see the changes in you AND commented! It would be really good for them if they decide to follow this diet πŸ™‚ if they were interested in the website there us a good chance they will start!
    Judith

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Judith,
    No chance of them following the diet, Richard has had great problems trying to put on weight, his diabetics is very erratic, he has to inject before meals, he is very fit, walks a lot, he has walked John o groats to lands end!
    His father was diabetic with same erratic problems too!
    Judith has lost nearly three stone and is as thin as a rake and is still diabetic! So not sure what our diet would alter for them, they are very supportive of me though.
    Christine

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Christine, Michael Mosley is a TOFI ( thin on the outside fat on the inside) so I think it does work for them. I don’t know whether they would do 800 or not. You could always email the team for advice on the matter.

It’s lovely that they are supportive of you when they have problems themselves πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

243 signatures! If you are new an a British Citizen would you like to sign too? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi all new starters, if you are a British Citizen please could you sign our petition? Thanks πŸ™‚

• posted by Imogen
    on

Just signed petition.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Imogen πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

246 signatures. Don’t forget to sign if you are new and a British Citizen – wherever you are!! πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.