Please sign our petition

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Petition
    NHS to encourage the treatment of type 2 diabetes with a low carbohydrate diet.

Professor Taylor has shown that Type 2 diabetes can be reversed using a low carbohydrate, low calorie diet. The NHS has announced it is rolling out a programme to give pre-diabetics lifestyle help. There is no mention of the blood sugar diet which pre-diabetics and diabetics should be following.

▼More details

The programme will cost £7 million pounds to run. The dietary advice will be the same as that currently being followed. We have a diabetes epidemic so the old advice is not working.
    Dr Maureen Baker, of the Royal College of GPs, welcomed the scheme but she warned “The long-term behaviour changes we need to see is hard to inspire”. However, there are forums for the Blood Sugar Diet which offer the support and inspiration needed which will also ease the burden on GP surgeries.

The link: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125704

When you sign you can click on the facebook, email and twitter icons and really start to get the news out there, and help change lives! You can add your own personal stories on your social media accounts and the petition site also gives the name of your local MP so you can contact them as well.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

I have signed! Cheers

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks christi and thanks to everyone I haven’t mentioned 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi folks, there were 63 signatures for the petition last time I checked. Are there any uk residents who haven’t signed? We would love it if you joined us! 🙂

• posted by blissfulbabe
    on

I’ve signed it and posted the link on my Facebook page via the link on final signing page. I don’t have a Twitter account but I would think social media would be a good start to getting more signatures.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thankyou blissfulbabe. I don’t have a twitter account myself. Posting on facebook will reach a lot of people! 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi folks, we are now up to 68 signatures. Can we have more please?

Do we have anyone in northern ireland to put a mark on the map? 🙂

• posted by Trees
    on

Just signed up– x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks, trees, we are up to 70 signatures now! X

• posted by Hawks
    on

I don’t think a signature from NZ would be any help, but I hope you do get the message across.

• posted by bizzylizzy
    on

Signed

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Hawks! This petition only works for UK residents. Is there anything you could start in beautiful New Zealand? 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Bizzy lizzy! Does your handle refer to you being a keen gardener or are you a very busy person? 🙂

• posted by bizzylizzy
    on

I am a keen gardener, and I’m also very busy! I shared the petition on Facebook too.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Greetings to a fellow gardening enthusiast! Thanks for facebooking too! 🙂

• posted by bizzylizzy
    on

I am eagerly waiting for the warmer weather so I can get out there and burn off some calories while growing some veggies and salads!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

I know what you mean – my son has lots of stuff germinating in my greenhouse – he has just got a very badly neglected double allotment. I already have garlic and onions growing away and will plant courgettes etc when I get back from my visit to Oz. There should be plenty of fresh stuff coming my way from the allotment! 🙂

• posted by Patsy
    on

Signed.

• posted by FiFiP
    on

Signed & sent it to a friend who is on a BSD thread on Mumsnet.

Got husband to sign too.

Now that the gale has stopped I’m going out for a good walk, but in the opposite direction of the coffee shops, can resist the cakes easily, but a latte is another matter!!

I am growing herbs on my back terrace & am tempted to try some salad veggies in tubs, like radishes (addicted to radishes, just love them) & that lettuce you can just have by the handful.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

FiFiP and Patsy, thankyou! Great idea to post to a friend on mumsnet! I grow herbs, radishes and lettuce in 2huge containers near my kitchen door. Sometimes Lidl or Tesco sell ‘living lettuce’ as the weather gets warmer. I save a lot of bother by separating the plants out and replanting them in my tubs, gets you ahead of sowing seeds by a month!
    🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    Have been out of the loop for a few days, due to a wedding and Easter family gatherings, but great to see the petition is off the ground. Well done for getting it this far. It’s up to the rest of us to ensure the word is spread and the petition signed by as many as possible. Let’s hope if nothing else, we manage to spread the word to many thousands who will benefit from the BSD.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi Hashimoto
    Many thanks for your continued encouragement. Have signed the petition.
    Only takes a few minutes of your time.
    Come on everyone. Let’s try and use our people power to help the nation’s health.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi ay caramba thanks for signing – 85 when I just checked. Wonderful! 🙂

Yes, sunnyb you’re right it will take all of us to get this message spread: working on averages the number of people who have shared to facebook will have put the petition in front of the faces of around 2000 people. Most will not be interested, but at some future time it may just come back to them! 🙂 We have 6 months to get this out there before the petition gets closed 🙂

• posted by Laska
    on

Signed .. (and we’ve highlighted the petition on the BSD thread on Mumsnet..). This government ‘health’ advice is seriously flawed, (but then par for the course with this lot sadly).. Its just the Same old Same old..

• posted by Desperate dieter
    on

Three of us in this family have just signed up … Will spread the word. Much joy

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi laska and desperate dieter, that’s wonderful. Thankyou, we’ll set the world on fire yet! 🙂

• posted by 08874
    on

Have signed. I started this diet 2 weeks ago following receipt of a prescription for gliclazide from my diabetes nurse. My blood glucose when diagnosed with type 2 in 2011 was 9.1. In all that time on metformin the best result I have managed since is 7.1. In just 14 days on this diet my blood glucose has plummeted to 4.9. How can this diet not be standard NHS advice upon T2D diagnosis????

• posted by Col
    on

Just signed…94 …….great idea hashimoto….come one, let’s get this talked about! 👌😀

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks col, up the revolution! It was as much captainlynne, we both thought of it and she supported me! 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi 08874, so good that you have reduced your blood sugars so quickly on this diet. YourGP should notice the difference !

Thanks for signing 🙂

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto
    Brill idea, was thinking what to do myself. Great you did it. Signed & passed on. Will contact my MP Anna Soubry!
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Great news, Eureka. If we all do things like contacting MPs, posting to facebook, emailing friends etc our voices will be heard! 🙂

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hello, just signed but only 97 signatures so far.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto

Just sent Anna Soubry MP ( she once held a post in dept of health) directions to petition, Newcastle Uni & BSD web sites. Also praised & pointed out the forums support (world wide) for this BSD & that we can’t wait & are doing it for ourselves!

Gave a quick lesson on carb metabolism & insulin production & use of same. Also the fact that HIGH CARBS are TOXIC & killing us!
    Asked for her support for LOW CARBS/high fat BSD in the war on diabetes.
    Everything crossed!
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow, Eureka, way to go! That’s brilliant! The chances are that she will know someone with diabetes and may pass the information along.

Thanks for signing skywalker, only 97 but that’s more than there was in the morning! News will be spreading on social media and we have 6 months to run the petition. It would be fantastic if we had thousands of votes. Most people have not heard of this diet yet so I expected a slow start. If michael mosley did a ‘trust me I’m a doctor’ program about it I think there would be a lot more interest.
    But up the revolution we are getting the word out there! 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m going to be busy at work over the next few days due to staff illness and I have the end of the month figures to do and payments to make.
    Once I get through that lot, I’m going to trawl through all the football forums and other niches I’m aware of and drop the petition link in them, should get a fair few signatures
    If anyone else on here posts in other forums, please leave the link there, and let’s get this petition moving 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Bill, you ARE going to be very busy, I know what month ends are like in the pharmacy business. Hope all goes smoothly for you despite staff illnesses 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

98 signatures folks, can we get a few more today? I’m meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow who will be hearing all about this diet – whether she wants to or not !!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Bill.

Come on peeps, 99 signatures – who is going to be the magic 100? 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Still 99 signatures, do we have any new BSDers who are uk residents and willing to sign our petition to promote this low carb diet to T2 diabetics? 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m wondering if that has stuck for a while Judith as a couple of folks on another of my forums say they have signed this afternoon. I’ve also hit FB and Twitter again today.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

That’s interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I’m trying to keep this thread in full view 🙂

• posted by Bill1954
    on

No response from the team re making it sticky ?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

No response bill, they might think it would look like they were lobbying the govt to sell michael’s book, which could be rather awkward. It would have been nice to receive a reply though

• posted by mollytopmarx
    on

Hi hasimoto, signed, as requested. Hope we can do something to end this diabetes mistreatment madness.
    Molly

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Molly, we’re all singing from the same hymn sheet because we all see the madness of the old advice 🙂

• posted by hashimoto
    on

We are up to 104 signatures as I write. My son signed tonight. 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Have just put it on my facebook page again, can’t hurt.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks janet, good idea. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.