Please sign our petition

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125704

Hi folks we are up to 109 signatures for our petition asking the NHS to encourage T2 diabetics to follow the low carb diet. Scroll to top of page 1 for more information.
    Do we have any new members resident in the UK who would like to sign up? πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

111 signatures at time of writing this post πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Petition
    NHS to encourage the treatment of type 2 diabetes with a low carbohydrate diet.

Professor Taylor has shown that Type 2 diabetes can be reversed using a low carbohydrate, low calorie diet. The NHS has announced it is rolling out a programme to give pre-diabetics lifestyle help. There is no mention of the blood sugar diet which pre-diabetics and diabetics should be following.

β–ΌMore details

The programme will cost Β£7 million pounds to run. The dietary advice will be the same as that currently being followed. We have a diabetes epidemic so the old advice is not working.
    Dr Maureen Baker, of the Royal College of GPs, welcomed the scheme but she warned “The long-term behaviour changes we need to see is hard to inspire”. However, there are forums for the Blood Sugar Diet which offer the support and inspiration needed which will also ease the burden on GP surgeries.
    Sign this petition
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/125704

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi folks, some really good news, this is the reply from the tech team about our petition!!

Hi Judith, apologies for the tardy reply, still playing catch up after the Easter break.

This is a great idea and I would like to publicise this as much as possible. I do just need to take opinion from the rest of the team first.

I’ll come back to you as soon as possible.
    Thanks

Paul

If you are a UK resident and haven’t heard of this petition yet, please sign. You will find the link at the top of page 1 and in a few other spots!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Result Judith
    Well done your perseverance has paid off, now let’s really get the word out.
    I’ve been nagging my FB and twitter accounts with it, if everyone does the same it should be a big help.
    It would be great if our Australian and American friends could do it too, you never know how many UK based followers or friends they may have.

• posted by Pam1954
    on

Hi all those dedicated people who had the gumption to start the petition. I have just signed it, so thought I should go the whole hog and post this on the forum. After reading Dr Mosley’s book, I checked my blood sugar and found I was officially diabetic. I am already on treatment for high blood pressure, so it seemed it was now or never. My weight loss was ok for the first 2 weeks but has since stalled (2 bad weekends, I’m afraid), so I need to get back on track. Hopefully, posting this will spur me on. I hope more people sign the petition (I think I was number 111).

I have 2.5 to 3 stone to lose. My husband doesn’t need to lose weight but his diabetes needs better control and all the GP does, of course, is increase his medication.

Will let you know how we improve – I am determined we will improve.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Pam. I have posted the petition to my facebook page as well, quite a few have.

Hopefully hubby’s diabetes will be reversed!! Just look at Bill 1954’s results!! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Very true Bill, I bet a lot of them have rellies in ‘the old country’ πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great news Judith πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi are there any Uk newbies who would like to sign our petition?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

121 signatures so far. Calling all new UK resident BSDers to sign our petition!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Lets keep this thing rolling along!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

122 signatures now, come on peeps, as Janet says let’s keep this thing rolling along!

• posted by Kathy54
    on

Hashimoto 123 now I have just signed

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic, Kathy54! Ball is rolling again! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

133 signatures folks! Let’s keep it rolling! Don’t forget you can click on a tab to post to your social media accounts? πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

137 signatures and climbing! keep it up folks! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

144 signatures, fantastic, lets keep the momentum going πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

146 signatures let’s keep the ball rolling! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

149 signatures, it’s warming up folks!! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

152 signatures!!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well the thread I posted on a business forum has caused quite a discussion. There was one poster who took issue with me claiming that the doctors are correct and we should all be nice kids and do what we are told. I’m reproducing this post from someone else, it’s typical of the replies he got to that statement.
    “There is always someone who swears medical science and the medical system is perfect, and beyond question, online and in real life.
    Until someone has repeatedly suffered at the hands of gross incompetence, vested interest, or simple indifference, then I doubt it’s possible to explain that there are chronic problems with the medical system.
    I would certainly be dead a long time ago if it wasn’t for the doctors, and would certainly be dead or crippled if I’d listen to the 95% of nonsense that they spouted to me.
    It’s unfortunate that folks who are deeply fond of doctors, choose too focus upon the tiny weeny little bit of good they did, and ignore the huge amount of damage. ”

There is a lot of support out there, we just need to find it.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks Bill, that’s brilliant, you are really getting the news out there.
    Thanks to Lucia who got signatures 154 and 155. We are now on 156!! yaaaay

• posted by captainlynne
    on

That’s a great comment Bill. Thanks for sharing it b

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi hashimoto

My husband has just posted the info on a forum he belongs to. No word back yet from my MP!
    Building Rome comes to mind!

When we welcome newbies, can we direct them straight to this petition
    Hawaiian shaka sign = Hang Loose
    Eureka

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks eureka. The tech team are looking at putting a sticky on it. The more newbies you can direct there the better! I keep posting comments to try and keep it near the top of the ‘recent topics’.

Say a big thankyou to your hubby for posting it to a forum. Quite a few of us have posted to facebook too

:). :). :). :). :). πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks lucia, say thanks to hubby as well. 162 yaaaaaaay

• posted by TWSAndy
    on

Hi, all signed up

A great cause, that they should take notice of

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Thanks TWSandy, we’re up to 165 signatures yaaaay πŸ™‚

• posted by thepolly
    on

I’ve just posted the petition to the british politics page on facebook in the hope that it’ll reach a wider audience than just my friends’ list. With enough shouting it will get the attention it deserves πŸ˜€

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Another 4 Twitter football groups and a USA diabetes support group (b1ofthe9) have the petition URL now
    I thought the USA thing may help with publicity.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Diabetes UK Twitter feed too
    *Waits for the storm*

Oh 170 now πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Well done thepolly and Bill! πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

175 signatures now πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Any newbies in the forums who would like to sign our petition? 176 signatures so far πŸ™‚

• posted by Lucia
    on

What about your families and your friends and work colleagues?
    Email the link to them.
    I am sure we can get a lot more.

I am hoping for one more later this evening.

Love Lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Yes it would be good if we all did that. I am retired but I’m going to be selling it to some ex colleagues tomorrow and some other friends on saturday. One friend has my book at the mo so I’m hoping she and her daughter will sign up πŸ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

182 signatures! Can we get it to 200 today? πŸ™‚

• posted by Kags
    on

Just want to point out that you only need to be a British citizen, not necessarily living in the UK, to sign petitions to the Government. So, those like me – British exports overseas – can also get their finger out and do it πŸ˜‰

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh Kags that is good to know!!! Thanks

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Finally got husband to sign last night he also posted it on his Facebook page!

• posted by Kags
    on

No worries. I truly hope this goes through. It still breaks my heart when I think of mum, who was T2 and moved on to injecting, told to eat up her carbs, stuffing down her salads with boiled potatoes, and her Weetabix every morning. She might have still been with us had we known about the BSD earlier.

Have signed and shared on Facebook.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Fantastic Christine!! I’ve just been pestering a few friends via email!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Kags that is truly heart breaking for you. let’s get the word out there to save others from that fate xxx

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Kags that is heart rending to hear about your Mum
    I’m getting close to the end of my alloted span but I want to make damned sure that when my Grandchildren grow up, the correct information is in place for them to take control of their own health.
    That’s not too much too ask, is it ?

• posted by Kags
    on

Thanks Bill. I completely agree with you. As for me, I’ve finally cracked the first stone off in 5 1/2 weeks, so I’m more than happy. I’m sure the stable low BS readings will follow.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

People !!!
    Orchid has just posted a link to a BBC article on diabetes.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35959554
    At the bottom of the article is a contact link that lets you email them to tell them your T2D stories.
    I’ve just given them the whole 9 yards including links to this forum and the petition.
    Please everybody do the same. This could just generate the publicity we need.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Bill

I just tried that link. The contact link at the bottom just gives me a page saying it’s being updated with no option to email. I’m using a tablet, do I need to go on a computer? Or what am I doing wrong?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Lynne
    I hope thats my fault and the site is overloaded.
    The email address you need is
    haveyoursay@bbc.co.uk
    I’ve posted what I mailed them in one of the petition threads further down the forum

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi all
    the above may be a link to the BBC but the article is about T2D worldwide, so if all of our friends from outside the UK could send emails that would be a big help
    An example of what myself and Lynne have sent is in the petition thread in the BSD Med Style Low Carb forum
    Thanks in advance.

Please log in or register to post a reply.