PLATEAUED AT FIFTH WEEK

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Davidh
    on

At the start of week five I find myself stuck and not losing weight. It’s happened to me before on other diets and I wondered if anyone has been through similar with BSD and how you jump started weight loss again?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Type plateau in the search box and you will find hundreds of us have gone through it at different stages, usually around week 3 when the body adjusts itself. It will pass, just stick with the plan. You could try reducing your carbs a little depending on what you are on now, don’t reduce calories if you are on the 800 as that is low enough imo.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Other things people have suggested made a difference for them are increasing fat (will automatically happen if you reduce carbs) increasing water amount to 4 litres temporarily and adding a little extra salt, if you are not already. Also useful is continuing to measure, as often the inches drop off while the weight doesn’t move. An alternative strategy can be to increase the carbs for just one day, before dropping them radically again. Everyone is different so try several or just one as you wish and let us know how it goes.

• posted by Davidh
    on

Thanks so much. I’ll search the archives

Please log in or register to post a reply.