Over 32 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Ah, captainlynne,
    This way of life is hard to keep quiet about – because it actually works – it’s difficult when you see people struggling following other diets, isn’t it?
    It’s great when others join the BSD global family. (We are all adorable!)

• posted by srs62
    on

Captn Lynne – wow. You look like different person entirely. Well done to you! On to maintenance after Saturday hey?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wonderful results Lynne you must be so pleased and proud to have made such a transformation. The difference between the before and after photos is very impressive.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Switzerland – it helped because the hairdresser had seen me before and after. And asked! Yes, we are all adorable πŸ˜ƒ

srs62 – thanks. I’m still the same inside πŸ˜ƒ – it’s only the outside that’s changed. (Apart from losing that visceral fat of course😱)

SunnyB – thanks πŸ˜ƒ It was only when I compared the before and after photos that I frightened myself – how big I was before. No wonder I avoided the camera!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LYNNE. This is priceless! Youre a complete and utter inspiration to all of us!
    Do you need to pinch yrself? Are you amazed you had it in you to come this far?
    What a year 2016 has turned out to be for you! X🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈

• posted by Flowerpot
    on

Hi Amazing Lady,
    What an awesome effort!! I’m in my first week and am a very slow starter, I let a very stressful work day get to me and I caved. All is not lost however. Reading your posts has me all fired up again, you’re an inspiration. Onwards and upwards pip, pip.
    Thanks heaps

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning everyone. πŸ˜ƒ

Yowzer – when I started this, I thought ‘I can try anything for 8 weeks’. That number seemed achievable. When I started to see the results, and realised that I no longer felt hungry all the time, combined with all the health benefits I was achieving, I decided that I could stick with this for longer. And so it continued. If anything, I’m amazed that I’ve lost so much so quickly after all those years of struggling at slimming clubs. 2016 is certainly a year to rememberπŸ˜ƒ

Thanks Flowerpot. Welcome to the family πŸ’. Like you I have stressful days but, for me, controlling just one aspect of my day (BSD food) helps me when everything else may seem to be falling apart. Just a thought! Please let us know your progress πŸ˜ƒ

I’ve probably already said this, but I want to lose just another few pounds. I know that’s below my target but it gives me a little wriggle room. What I don’t want to do is go above the 9st 7lb. And I don’t want to lose much more than another few pounds otherwise my new clothes will be too big😱

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CAPTAINLYNNE..i think wriggle room is always a good idea..
    Keep 9st 7 in mind and if you should ever put on an odd pound or so,its a lot easier to deal with than a few stones isnt it!
    And yes please dont lose too much after buying yr new togs! X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

At the end of 38 weeks on the BSD I can report 2 pounds gone since last week’s official weigh. Total now lost 92 pounds.

That now takes me a pound under my target weight of 9st 7lbs, which is also the top of my healthy BMI.

As I’ve said, don’t mind losing a few more pounds, but not more (otherwise it’ll be more clothes shopping😱). But 9st 7lbs is the top limit – I really do not want to go above that ever again.

I’ll be starting a new thread later today (I’ll tell you what it’s called later, when I’ve finally decided. I’ve had a few suggestions already – any more ideas?). The new thread will record this new stage in my BSD (or should that be post-BSD?) life.

More later – watch this space πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Just before you ‘go’ I’d like to ask you a question please.

I’ve only been following your journey for the last few months but it has been more than remarkable ! You seem to have had a very steady ‘descent’ but have you had any blips or blue times along the way?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Verano

Blips – as I weigh every day, but officially weighing on a Saturday, I could see fluctuations during the week. Fortunately experience over the years had taught me that this could happen but it would sort itself out. The only weekly gain I had was after 5 days in Prague in my twelfth week on the BSD, when I gained 3 pounds (then lost 5 the following week). Although I’d tried to stick to the BSD principles, I wasn’t careful enough with portion control. And it wasn’t easy trying to decipher menus to find something I could eat. The only sugar free soft drinks I could find were Diet Coke and water – so I drank a lot of water after a few Diet Cokes made me ill😱

In 37 weeks, that was the only gain I had, and it came off just as quickly.

Blue times – when the scales didn’t move for days (until they did). Does that count? Possibly when I started to realise that foods I’d previously enjoyed (and eaten far too much of) could no longer be part of my diet – but now I honestly don’t miss them.

I can say that the longer I have stayed on the BSD the easier it has become. In social situations has become easier to resist those things I know I shouldn’t eat – and it can lead to interesting conversations. At the end of the day, I am responsible for what I put into my body. And I decided that my long-term health was more important than the short-term pleasure of eating whichever carbs were available.

Hope this answers your questions, if not please ask something and I will do my best to answer.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

For the sake of completeness – when I began on 19th December my measurements were 50 – 49 – 54

Today they are 38 – 30 – 39

• posted by Verano
    on

Sounds like an hourglass figure to me!! Be really proud you deserve it.

Thanks for your reply. Much as I thought you were really committed which is how you’ve done so well. I’m not sure the odd days when the scales stuck can really be counted as blue days! I think once you got to the realisation that some foods were no longer to be in your life plan then I think that was probably the moment you cracked it.

I must admit into week 10 I don’t miss bread even though my OH has it regularly! In saying that we’ve not eaten potatoes since I started this plan, he’s had rice once or twice and tonight I’m making courgette lasagna and he hasn’t objected one bit! So hey ho ! You never know he may also ditch the carbs even if not all of them. BTW his weight is fine but he’s dropped 4lb doing nothing!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Verano

An ‘hourglass’ figure πŸ˜ƒ And a few days ago I was told I had a good figure and good legs πŸ˜ƒ

Not bad for a 5ft 1in 66 year old!

I wish I could bottle the feeling of being able to take a size 12 off the rail and find that it fits😱 It may not seem much to some people, but after being overweight for most of the last 55 years, and nearly having to go from a size 24 into a 26, it means a lot to me.

It’s taken 9 months to make the change and I am so glad that I took the decision to try it. Then to stay with it.

• posted by denisesunny
    on

Have you named your new thread yet? Don’t want to lose touch, you are such an inspiration.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi denisesunny.

No, not decided yet – been really busy. And I was trying to decide which forum to post it on – whether to stay on here or post on the BSD Way of Life forum. If nobody objects, I’ll stay on this forum. I’ll try to decide on a new thread name tomorrow and post the information on the threads I post on.

Not had many suggestions, so having to exercise my little grey cells!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi *waves*

Finally decided on a name for my new thread.

It’s still on this forum and is called ‘Keeping calm and carrying on – my low-carb maintenance journey’

Looking forward to meeting up with you on there πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi CL
    No way I am keeping calm this day, reached 68.1kg, that’s 100g off the target for healthy BMI. It happened quicker than expected this week, so a degree of disbelief and satisfaction as I stepped on and off and on and off (x5)…the scales.
    Keep having to hitch the britches up, feeling light.
    Now I will take a walk to the quiet and calm side and see you in your new clubhouse.
    N.

• posted by blue1919
    on

Hi Nettle

Go you! Happy dancing for you!! Not time for being calm yet! 68.1kg is still a dream for me. Just managed 72.5kg. Steady as you go. Can’t wait to officially be a legit member of this fabulous club.

Happy, happy for you.
    regards
    blue1919

• posted by blue1919
    on

Hi Slimline Capt.

Massive congratulations on your amazing achievement!! It may only have taken 9mths short months for you, but all those temptations along the way. It seems to take a lot of courage to keep saying No, no thanks, really. Especially when we seem to be naturally – Yes, ok go on then, just one won’t harm type people.

Keep on going so well, our inspirational Captain of BSD and beyond into the unknown.

blue1919

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Blue
    I can remember being happy at 72.5 because I’d lost a lot relatively easily. This figure now is a wondrous thing. Hang in there it works. Today we did a clean up of the roadside in the KNZB, keep nz beautiful campaign, sausage sizzle to celebrate, I didn’t have anything, I did inhale, which was yummy enough, I didn’t miss anything, I am gluten free so it made the choice easier. I walked the 2km back home and had a BSD lunch to celebrate. Big clean out of the wardrobe this week, nothing fits, I ran a few darts into shirts and tops for the time being. Shopping trip to Oz beginning of October to remedy the problem.

Thanks for the message.
    N.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Fantastic Nettle πŸ˜ƒπŸ’πŸŽˆ. Hope the shopping trip is successful!

Blue – good point! I think many of us are where we are because we “can’t say no”. We’re often care givers and have little time left for ourselves, but need to remember that if we don’t look after ourselves we’ll not be able to look after others.

Please log in or register to post a reply.