Over 32 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone. This new clubhouse is now open. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I almost can’t believe it, but I’ve been on the 800 BSD for 32 weeks.

Starting at 16stone (224 pounds, 101.605 kg) I’ve lost another 2 pounds this week, making a total of 5 stone 10 pounds (80 pounds 36.2874 kg). Fasting blood sugar at the beginning was 10.9, now it (and HbA1c) is normal – today it was 3.9.

When I started I thought I was 5ft 2ins, starting BMI 40.9, so today it would be 26.3. But the nurse checked and I’m 5ft 1ins, so adjusting BMI, it started at 42.3 and is now 27.2. Oh how I wish goalposts didn’t change!

So it looks like I’ve got around 11 pounds to lose to reach the figure that’s in everyone’s mind of 9stone 7pounds.

I’ve been buying clothes from BHS for years, but now they’re closing. Looking through the rails hoping to find something, I found a top I liked. Took a chance and bought a size 12. It fitted! Desperately needed trousers, and bought two pairs online – size 14. Back in BHS I couldn’t find any trousers I liked but decided (at the reduced price) to take a chance and try jeans๐Ÿ˜ฑ So I bought two pairs (different styles) – petite range – size 14. I thought if they didn’t fit yesterday, it wouldn’t be long before they did. And they did fit!

My boss visited on Wednesday – I’ve lost 14 pounds since he last saw me. His first comment was that soon I’ll not need to open the door to leave the house LOL

Seeing the family on Wednesday – again I’ve lost a lot of weight since I last saw them. Wonder what (if anything) they’ll say! And a couple of folk visiting to see the twins next week – they’ve not seen me since this time last year. Can’t wait to see their faces ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Don’t forget folks, everyone is welcome to visit this clubhouse. Don’t wait until you reach the 32 weeks. After all, not everyone has such a huge amount of wait to lose.

Looking forward to seeing you here.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Captain Fabulous

Well done you. It must feel great to fit yourself in to tiny sizes. How’s the mind adjusting? All those years carrying the extra pounds feels a bit surreal now doesn’t it? Almost like a different person.

You have offered so much support to this spot over 32 weeks, thanks. I smile often as I read your wisdom and wit.

I started week 21 on Friday, no effort, still happy, slowed a bit, but now in the 70kg zone, I am at a spot I thought was realistic and ideal for so many years in so many quiet moments but never made it… I am thinking a few more off is achievable.

Here’s to your target BMI, fully adjusted. I used to say that if I was 7ft something I’d be my ideal weight.

Congrats
    Nettle.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

Thank you, and welcome ome to my first visitor in this club room ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒน๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒท

It was mind-blowing getting in to size 12 and 14 a few days ago. Possibly even more mind-blowing to think I might finish up as a 10/12, depending on shop and fit! And to think that I’ve lost the weight of a small person๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I always said I wasn’t overweight, just under-tall LOL.

I think many of us on these forums are realising we can achieve more than we thought ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Well done on your results ๐Ÿ’

• posted by Imogen
    on

Great work Lynne,

Thanks for the continuing inspiration!!!๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽถ…and opening the new clubhouse.

Fantastic results especially the new you dress sizes – you must be delighted!

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hey captainlynne,

Where are you? Don’t let me go cold turkey…now there’s a lunch idea.
    Hope you are OK.
    Nettle.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

I’m still here. And will be for the foreseeable future!

Have been busy, and tired. Long day yesterday, train to Manchester to collect granddaughters, then train back with them a few hours later. We all slept well last night๐Ÿ˜ณ

They helped me with a coffee morning today, after someone let me down. Then off to the local library for crafts. There nearly 5 hours! Off to do some food shopping tomorrow. The girls want to go to the smaller supermarket – nothing to do with the nearby tea rooms they like of course LOL. The bus only runs hourly do we’ve been in there while we wait for the bus. Must try and time it so we only have time to call in for a cake to bring home – a small cake, for them to share!

They tried aubergine for the first time yesterday – and loved it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Fried it in garlic olive oil with courgette. Leftovers used for them today, heated with passata and served with pasta and Heck sausages. Enough left to do them another meal ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Meanwhile I keep on keeping on. Yesterday the girls were given a sandwich each foe the journey. Despite my saying I don’t eat carbs, I was given a sandwich too! When I arrived at their house my son’s partner said b….y h..l you’ve lost a lot of weight, than commented about me being boney! My sandwich went in the bin when I got home. Despite all the traumas of delayed trains I managed to avoid carbs. I’d made a travel cup of coffee before I left home, but the train was so late I’d drunk it, so got it refilled at the station! All in all yesterday was traumatic, but it’s over now and I have the girls until next Thursday๐Ÿ˜ƒ

How are you?

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi capt boney ๐Ÿ˜†
    Good to know you are aaw as we say in the business, (alive and well.)
    Sounds like a fun week ahead for all.
    Isn’t it great to know you can manage even under stress, the patterning is working through our brains.

I’m doing well still, week 21 starts today, or could be 22, loss has slowed but loss it still is. 2kg to go to my normal BMI mark.
    Need to see GP Monday on other business so I will order blood tests to mark improvement on a year ago. I’m not T2 but have other chronic issues which slowed the bus for nearly a decade, now I’m bouncing about like Tigger.

We are supposed to be having a record cold snap down to -5 tonight and -8 tomorrow night, snow too, but so far the forecast has been way off this week. I took a lovely brisk walk along the lake side today in the sunshine. The nearby ski fields look pristine. Might get the snow boots out for tomorrow just in case.

Just finished watching a Trust Me I’m a Dr programme, always informative, I’m a full time Mosley fan. We receive a lot of Brit TV, as I do this, we are watching Bradley on the The Chase, love it as brain food, low cal too. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Olympics tomorrow, not excited at all this time, must be getting old. My daughter lives in Brazil, the locals are not fussed apparently.

Have fun girls.
    N.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there captainlynne.

So delighted for you on the grand opening of hopefully your last clubhouse. So well done. I’m still powering away day 37 and 26 of the little lighters gone, so only 80 more to go, planning to get that done by my birthday at Christmas.
    I’m sure the last 11lb will be gone the way of the rest. Then perhaps you could open a maintenance clubhouse or something.
    Thankyou for sharing
    Love jan๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle – where are you? Glad it’s not that cold here!

Hi Jan – thanks for the suggestion on a maintenance clubhouse. The target thread was originally for those at, or near, target weight but has evolved to include those reaching various targets on their journey. So a maintenance one is a great idea. Great results – you’ll get to your target ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Lynne

Where am I? Where I am right now is on a high? First scale reading with a 6. It has a couple of 9s after it…but in the 60s(kg) now. Just like my age. Glad I am not aiming for my shoe size 39-40.
    Wee scale-result dance done, grin not yet off the face.

Sun is shining, no frost despite the -5 forecast, good walking day if I get cracking soon. I am in a beautiful alpine lakeside town in the South Island of NZ.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nettle

Hope you enjoyed your walk. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It sounds like you live in a beautiful place ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I live in north east England, in a former pit village. I don’t drive, and public transport is limited (and very expensive when I have the grandchildren with me). But there are beautiful places reasonably close and I love this area.

Weighing today shows another pound gone in search of its friends. After 33 weeks, total loss is now 81 pounds (5 stone 11 pounds or 36.74 kg). Another 4 pounds and the figure on my scales will start with a 9!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW!!!! Well done and a great encouragement for the rest of us still travelling.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Had visitors today who hadn’t seen me since this time last year. They were surprised Ito see how much weigh I’d lost. There first question was ‘are you ok?’ Meaning ‘are you ill?’ So I explained ๐Ÿ˜ƒ They’d never seen me in jeans before!

Then they and my granddaughters tucked into pizza and salad, while I had chicken and salad๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril little things huh show us our achievements. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by blue1919
    on

Hi to Everyone on this and all the forums.

I have been avidly following Captain Lynne’s regular posts for many months now. Congratulations to you on your personal journey and I can relate to many of your shared thoughts along the way.

So for me it’s now Thursday on Week 19, with 17.5kgs gone. I feel very different and have recently decided to get my hair cut into a ‘new’ style and got one of my daughters to come shopping with me. I’m chucking out my XXL and XL clothes to ensure I don’t slip back. Previous weight loss attempts have been mainly down to looking better but this time its about my health and kicking T2 into touch.
    I feel cross that I followed (and worked) WW for many years just doing damage to my overworked body. Grr. Anyway I now know better and this website and Dietdoctor.com have huge sources of knowledge. The people on these forums (in particular Capt.Lynne) have been so inspiring especially when things are going well and when the scales haven’t moved much. I’ve stopped testing my BS levels twice a day now until I’ve reached my next mini target of 75kgs (.5 to go) as I think the weight plays a key role and I’m only allowed so many sticks as I’m “only T2”.

I’d like to say hi to all on these forums and to Nettle who lives in the same part of the planet as me. I live in the shaky city who came from the UK 14 years ago.

Keep going everyone we ARE going to get there!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Well done Blue1919! That’s great….
    Captain Lynne inspires me too and also Hashimoto, who pops up now and again. I am grateful for early advice those many weeks ago.
    Like you I am considering an updated haircut and have booked an appointment for next week. I’m a few weeks behind you but looking forwards to getting over that line too.
    Onwards and downwards!
    Love P

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone.

End of week 34 today, with a loss of 3 pounds this week. Total loss now 6 stone (84 pounds or 38.1 kg). Weight today is 10 stone!

That leaves 7 pounds to go until I reach the top of my healthy BMI.

On Wednesday I’m doing a day trip to London to get fitted for my new uniform so I’ll have a quick trip round a few shops to hopefully get some new clothes – currently not much choice near home. Otherwise I’ll be fabric and pattern shopping in the next few weeks ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

For those getting updated haircuts – I wish I could join you! My hair is always short so not much I can do with it. If I try to grow it, it looks like Freddy Boswell (for those old enough to remember Bread) or the ‘finger in the light socket’! For some reason it just grows out instead of down๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ข. And I gave up colouring it years ago – it grows too quickly – so I went white gracefully!

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Lynne
    Another 3 lbs, WOW woman, you are amazing. Do you get the feeling that your body knows what to do now?

This week at 69.5kg I have had more comments than usual, more folk curious because they too want to lose a few kgs. When I strike 68kg I will be at the normal BMI point, unless I get taller in the next few weeks.๐Ÿ˜ I am quietly entertaining the idea of moving a tad lower than originally planned mainly because I know it is possible. The size 14 jeans I bought 6 weeks ago are now loose, as a joke (in hope) I bought a 12 at the same time, they were reasonable at a two for one price. I will try them tomorrow, if they fit you will hear me whoop where ever you are in the world.

Hey Blue1919
    Good to read your post.
    I was formerly of the very shakey city, moved south in 2012.
    Today I heard my OH telling his mate I’d lost 15kg and what a difference it has made to my health…I had to update them that it’s 16.3kg…what’s a few kg amongst friends…A LOT!

Here’s to your next mini target. Another great place to land.
    Do you miss the UK?

Nettle.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

*Happy dance* ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Scales this morning showed weight beginning with a 9!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

9st 13lb. Must be 20-25 years since I last saw anything like that. And I was ill that time – not like now!

All those years (time and expense) of different slimming clubs never achieved this!

Off to do another *happy dance* ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

captainlynne you are an inspiration. you dance as much as you like – you deserve it!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

For those interested in such things – I was just fitted for new uniform and slipped in to a size 14. One blouse (different style/manufacturer) was even a 12 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Only work needed was skirt hemming. Last time jacket sleeves needed shortening and shoulders altering ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Lynne that is really a smashing achievement….bet you look and feel amazing in them. SO well done.
    You really are an inspiration to me. Love P.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks P. It was a bit of a shock! I’d not realised that the alterations needed last time were because it was such a big size ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I wanted a particular style of blouse (more fitted than usual) but they didn’t do them in my size. Happily bought one today ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and said how long I’d wanted one. Was told they’re now made up to a 26 ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Aaaaaarrrrrgghh!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

CAPTAINLYNNE Must be a great feeling to slip into small sizes!
    Can i ask what yr uniform is..i’ m imagining an army captain here or am i totally on the wrong track? X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yowser,
    You naughty girl you are supposed to be in your bed, now go to bed or I will switch the light out, hehehe ooh loved that cartoon you put on so funny, ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – kind of right track. Different army though. I’m a Captain in The Salvation Army.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Yowzer – glad you enjoyed the programme ๐Ÿ˜ƒ There have been lots of nice comments about it.

Like you, I’m off to bed. A long day, up at 5am to travel to London๐Ÿ˜ฑ And lots of walking. But I do love London.

Night all. xxx

• posted by Frog
    on

ah – but would it have looked as good in a size 26 Lynne?
    sooo much better in a size 12!

• posted by blue1919
    on

Hi Nettle

Did my own *happy dance* yesterday. Scales blinked at 74.6kgs (20 weeks) and later in the day my doctor sent me a text, and I quote:

“your diabetes test was very good at 42 – that’s into the prediabetic level – well done” For the records my levels have been 101 at their worst, and came back at 75 about 3mths ago. So very happy with those. Only 3 points away from being considered non diabetic! Will aim to get another done just after xmas.

Do I miss the UK? Not too much, the awesome scenery makes up for the lack of history and we’re lucky to see the mountains from our place. Every so often I return for a dose of M&S and million of cars. I still watch Coro St (sad I know) and since my recent visit last Feb we are only just catching up here – so almost 18mths behind! Hubby moans a bit about the cost of electrical stuff which is his trade. We’ve done up a couple of houses which has proved to be really costly by comparison. I don’t consider ourselves whinging poms, so many positives to being here.

blue1919

• posted by srs62
    on

Captain Lynne – and others who have reported many weeks on the program already

Job well done – and great staying power. I hope you are extremely proud of yourself and your efforts.

You are proof that Dr M has done it again and provided a way to turn our lives – and health – around as long as we have the sticking power.

Keep up the great work. I am guessing that it’s almost second nature now.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Blue1919
    That’s not the birth year is it? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Like Cptlynne I too love London but as a tourist, my Made in the UK hubby never wanted to live there again…he came to NZ as a 6 year old. We lived in France and other bits of Europe for a good while so I popped over to Blighty more often than OH.

I teach a class, a returning pupil showed up today after her 3 month holiday….she was agog and kept wanting to touch me in amazement, nice but also a tad strange. The size 12 jeans are a good fit and not just for standing in, I can breathe whilst sitting, woo-hoo.
    Spring has sprung early down here, warm, snow receding, buds galore. We took a riverside bike ride yesterday which was great, had to sit down a tad gingerly later I noticed, more training required. Lyra looks better on me this season…it’s not being tested to max breaking point anymore.

About to watch another Trust Me I’m a Dr with MM tonight, love the reinforcement gained.
    Was a Coro fan in the 60s and 70s then left NZ and got way out of it, not back in either.

Amazing HbA1c result considering what it was girl! You must feel so much better physically with less sugar sloshing about.
    N.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Capt Fabulous

New blouse in the NOT 26 range. It must look great on mi’lady. You could probably get three of you in your former uniform. Great for playing camping in when the kids come over.

I’m having one of those hovering weeks, not a lot of weight loss, but a lot of satisfaction eating well and getting used to not bovering if the cal count is a tad higher than the big 8. Summer soon when salads in the Mediterranean style will be the major menu chez nous.

Do you have moments when you feel you have joined the ‘normal realm’ of looking trim, smart and corporate in that uniform? Moments when you know people are taking you more seriously.

N.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Blue – great result and well-deserved happy dance ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Nettle – I used to visit London regularly for days or weekends, then I found myself living there for 6 years. I was originally full of ideas of where I’d visit, things I’d do while living there but, of course, I never did most of them! After 6 years I was moved to Devon, but I knew it was the right time to leave London, for me I needed a break from the crowds and hectic pace of life. It took a year before I could even visit again.

Since then I’ve returned many times. Yesterday reinforced how much I enjoy that city, so it looks like I need to organise a longer trip down. Find somewhere nice to stay and visit lots of shops ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

An interesting question Nettle! Do I feel I have joined the ‘normal realm’ etc? Many of my colleagues are ‘well built’, so my size wasn’t that unusual. Female uniforms off the peg go up to 26, after that specially made. Our ‘working life-style’ can make healthy eating difficult. When we visit someone we’re often handed cake ‘specially for you’ and many events include food. That combined with irregular hours (and meal times) can make healthy eating and losing weight difficult. For me, one of the BSD benefits is that I’m not hungry during the day. Previously I needed something (usually carbs) in my bag in case I couldn’t find a meal. Now, as long as I can find black coffee or water I’m happy.

It’s taken a while for people here to get out of the habit of offering me food, but I just politely decline if I need to.

‘People taking me more seriously’? Mmmmm ….. I think it’s a bit of a double edged sword! Most people are supportive and make kind comments but the odd one is the opposite – usually because of their own issues. I think that it was easy when I had to speak to someone for them to write me off as a ‘fat *****’. Now they can’t do that. Whether that makes them take me more seriously, only they could answer.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Loved reading this page..its just incredible what’s happening here!
    LYNNE you made me laugh about Freddy Boswell! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BLUE doing the happy dance with you!
    Weight loss is one thing and all well and good,but to have practically reversed yr diabetes is so wonderful
    Sad thing for me is i have a diabetic friend,but i know i could talk forever about bsd and she wdnt consider trying it for a moment. X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Pleased to report the loss of another 2 pounds this week (week 35), making total lost 86 pounds. Weight now 9 st 12 lbs meaning I need to lose another 5 pounds to reach my target weight and healthy BMI.

Someone said the other day about not losing too much weight. My answer – the new uniform doesn’t leave much room for weight changes (in either direction)! Definitely one advantage of a fitted uniform. The person in question keeps saying she must do the BSD but somehow never gets round to it๐Ÿ˜Ÿ She live in the USA and kept asking for a photo of me so when one was taken recently I emailed it to her. She was surprised!

• posted by Verano
    on

Fabulous!

• posted by blue1919
    on

Congrats Capt Lynne!
    I can’t get over that week on week you’re still losing decent amounts! What happened to the plateau effect! You’d be looking at

Just watched the latest offering of Dr M’s Trust Me I’m a Doctor, about the wonderful effects of 20mls of olive oil. Had my hair trimmed again at the weekend, getting used to the reflection in the mirror that is Me! Eating a daily dose of homemade pumpkin soup, (well it is winter in this part of the world) and slowly turning orange. Google assures me its a temporary effect!

Have an awesome week everyone (week 21). Decided I sound super, super elated on this forum, but it’s just the effect of this regime, considering that other elements in my life aren’t super, but nothing is derailing this train and Capt Lynne is the train in front.

Cheers

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks blue1919 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I know I’ve been very fortunate. Because I weigh daily I see the same weight for days but then it drops. I’ve learned in all those years of assorted slimming clubs that this can (and does) happen so just gritted my teeth and carried on. What was it those leaders said – “the plan works is you work the plan”!

Again, perhaps I’m fortunate because I don’t drink alcohol. The last time I did, probably around 20 years ago, I was on a transatlantic flight home. That tiny bottle of wine Meade me feel so ill I didn’t know if I was dying or if I just wanted to.

I live alone, so don’t often have carbs in the house. Except when I have the granddaughters staying, or other visitors who need feeding.

But I’m often faced with food in work/social situations. I’ve had holidays and residential conferences since starting the BSD. The early ones were a learning experience food wise. I learned that as well as avoiding carbs I needed to be more careful with portion control. Reach experience has built on the ones before.

For me, from past experiences, I knew at the beginning that I needed to go ‘cold turkey’ and cut out the carbs as much as possible and not have any ‘cheats’ or ‘treat days’. For me that would be the start of a very slippery slope, opening a whole can of worms that doesn’t need opening. I know some folk are comfortable doing that, but it’s not for me.

I’ve been called lots of things, but never a train LOL. Picture of Thomas the Tank Engine in my head. Or perhaps the Flying Scotsman! If I was a train, what kind of train would I be? Passenger, steam, diesel, freight, etc?

• posted by blue1919
    on

Hi Cpt Lynne

What train would you be, the Orient Express of course! Cold turkey has been the way to go. My family have got used to me offering them ‘usual food’ at our weekly get togethers and me eating something different. Any naughty carbs for dessert are divided up for them to take home and even hubby has now got into the swing of taking his quota for the week into work in case I might get a weak moment. Lesson learnt – no repeat. My only device is choc and it really has to be worth eating a square at a time.

Apart from the above lesson learnt I have been happy with the almost a 1kg a week loss so far. I feel a bit of a mixture of intermittent fasting and slowly becoming a veggie with tiny tins of tuna thrown in every other day, is my lot. I’ve learnt that if I do go over 800 one day I find it very easy to not eat until much later in the day, giving myself a smaller window of eating. Don’t usually do breakfast. Used to be porridge every day. I eat quite a bit of low carb veg and manage to keep to 20gms of carbs. Do you have typical days where you the same thing or are you very good at mixing it up?? Three meals a day??

When I did 5:2 last year from Jan – June I had given up eating bread, potatoes, rice and pasta and managed to get my HbA1c down to 50. I wasn’t so rigid about the number of carbs so was excited to get the BSD book. Stopped taking Metformin last year. These forums have given me the confidence to keep going way past the 8 weeks. Want to be confident that my organs get the cleansing mentioned in the book. Don’t want to be on any medication and stay well for as long as possible.

Cheers
    blue1919

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Blue1919

I’d love to travel on the Orient Express. But it’s just so expensive๐Ÿ˜ข

Sounds like you’re doing really well ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’

I eat breakfast, then nothing until my evening meal. Sunday is a little different – breakfast, small lunch then a tiny snack in the evening.

I live alone, so find I often eat the same thing several days running. Sometimes I freeze leftovers, sometimes not. Breakfast is usually a cooked breakfast – bacon, egg and slice of black pudding. Otherwise sliced cooked meat and/or cheese – possibly with salad. Evening meal varies. Meat/poultry and veg/salad. I don’t eat much veg/salad – it sometimes has errr ….. unfortunate side effects ๐Ÿ˜ฑ So I need to be careful with how much of it I eat! I don’t eat much fish – still trying to persuade myself I like it – with varying degrees of success.

Glad to hear you’re off the Metformin – I was being threatened with it when I starts this.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning everyone.

End of week 36 brings a loss of another 2 pounds. I’ve now lost 6st 4lbs (88 pounds or 39.9kg) and only have another 3 pounds to lose to hit the top of my healthy BMI at 9st 7lbs.

Going on the height I thought I was, I’d have done that today, at 9st 10lbs. But another 3 and I’ll hit the target weight I’ve had in my mind.

Clothes wise it seems I’ll be a size 12 depending on style and shop.

Slight change of plan for the week ahead. I’ve taken a few days holiday and was doing day trips to do clothes shopping. But now I’m going to York Tuesday to Friday. It cuts the amount of money I have for new clothes, but I needed the break. And who knows what I’ll find!

• posted by Verano
    on

You really are an inspiration for us all! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You have so little left to lose now and I was just wondering what your plans are for maintenance??

Enjoy York !

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Verano๐Ÿ˜ƒ

After looking at lots of options, and from experiences when away from home during my time on the BSD I have a reasonable idea how I’ll proceed. But it will still be an experiment for a while.

One thing for certain – I’ll still be keeping carbs low and no bread, pasta, etc. Strange to say for a former bread addict (anything between 2 slices of bread was fine with me) but I honestly don’t miss it. I’ve learned that if I say ‘no’ to the bread, ice cream, cake etc, it gets easier each time and now I just don’t want it. My blood sugar is now ‘normal’ after 7 years of being diabetic, so I’m not doing anything that may upset that. The medics didn’t believe this was sustainable, do I’ve still got something to prove to them!

So, stay low-carb. Gradually increase portion sizes or calories. Continue to weigh daily so I can carefully monitor what’s happening. Record everything (I never found an app I was happy with, so have used notebook and pen – started with cheapish notebooks (3) then bought a Moleskin which I’m still using. Might just have to buy another one ready for the start of maintenance!). Oh, and continue to post on the forum – it helps me, keeps me accountable. Need to think of a name for a new thread ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi captainlynne
    Wow again. Yes you will have already beaten me to my target weight. Really admire your dedication.

My official weigh-in is on Monday but have had NZ friends stopping this week and have been feeding them (and me) too well!!!!!
    No alcohol and mostly healthy low carb food but just a bit too many calories for me!!
    Oh and I don’t think Eton Mess is in the BSD diet book……oops….. or chocolate brownies!!!!!!

They took loads of photos and I didn’t have to hide behind a tree in embarrassment most of the time.
    BUT…….there is one photo of me leaning forward and sitting down which shows…… a roll of fat on my tummy!!!
    That photo will be my future motivation……grrr.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi captainlynne

Sounds really good way to go. I’m sure you’re right not to go back to the carbs of bread, rice, cakes etc. As you say you don’t want them anymore. I reached the ‘not wanting’ stage really quickly but maybe I wasn’t ‘addicted’. The biggest problem I have is fruit. I used to eat a lot more and if I ever get to maintenance I’ll increase my fruit!

Logging and weighing daily is probably the best way to go!

I’m really interested to know at what stage your blood sugar level reached normal. I was diagnosed 6 years ago and I know getting bloods to normal is far more difficult after many years of T2. My ultimate goal is to dump the Metformin!

New name …. how about …I’ve arrived! ….. Reached the end of the Yellow Brick Road!…… The Eagle has Landed! ….. The first day of the rest of my life! …..

Really good luck with the last few pounds and what comes next. You’ll do it!

• posted by Imogen
    on

Morning captainlynne,

Congratulations, ๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽถyou have incredible will power and the success to match! How wonderful to be so very close to your desired weight. Have a wonderful time in York (beautiful city), and a perfect ‘reward’ for your achievements. – am sure they have clothes shops there also๐Ÿ˜‰

Aycaramba…you will be at your goal in no time! Know what you mean about the tummy thing. Was considering joining a PiYo class, thought I would try out a few of the simpler yoga moves at home – caught a glance at myself in the mirror as I did so ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ฑ- hmmm…maybe wait a few weeks, lose a little more fat first… those tight tee-shirts and yoga pants can be a little too unforgiving!!!

I am a relatively slow loser (insulin resistant) and have lost 45lbs over 18weeks on the BSD800 which is half way to my goal weight. I follow the plan and keep my carbs between 30-35g and calories under 800 each day, still some times my weight loss stalls for up to a couple of weeks (once for three weeks…๐Ÿ˜ต).
    The good news is that my latest diabetic review and blood tests are all now in the normal range, so am trying to convince GP to remove all unnecessary medications, though some will stay for my heart condition (well, for now๐Ÿ˜‰).

Whenever I am in need of motivation, I turn to the forums and read everyone’s amazing stories, the successes (and the struggles), and it helps me keep on going – so here’s to the next 18 weeks/45lbs loss.

Thank you all so much๐ŸŒป๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒป

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Congratulations all – fab results everywhere!

Captainlynne have a great time in York – I meant what I said about visiting Zara, I’m a great fan and if you look carefully there are lots of lovely things – bought a small size jumper and a really nice shirt there the other day. (As I said I work in Fashion, where what you wear is very important. Once I left a job and one of my colleagues said “whilst I’m really sorry you’re leaving, at least now I’ll be able to go to Zara without finding you’ve been there first and bought all the stuff I like”)

I am on a mission to get women who wouldn’t necessarily think of shopping in “young fashion” shops to go and have a look and pick out things which would suit them. Not all the styles, of course, but many are really good.

But whatever, congratulations again everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Imogen
    on

Igorasusual, thanks for the reminder that we are not restricted to certain shops or styles as we get older๐Ÿ˜Š. At the moment my choices are of the strictly charity shop label variety as won’t be investing in ‘new’ until I reach my desired weight. I tend towards the more relaxed, eclectic styles so can be difficult to find clothing that I like, that suits me, is affordable, and that fits…hoping that will change as I drop down the sizes tho!

Please log in or register to post a reply.