Our Next Interactive 4 Week Challenge ends Tues 21st Feb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi MK
    I’ve been to my doctor a few times over the last few years (this had been going on for over 5 years) and was given the standard HRT tablets, they didn’t agree so changed to the patches and they didn’t agree, so decided in the end that the night sweats weren’t as bad as the drugs and gave up nearly 12 months ago. Winter wasn’t so bad, but summer is a pain! If you find that packet, it would be great to know the name.
    I’ve got a different doctor now, so I’ll take your advice and bring it up when I go next.

Thanks Verano, I haven’t heard of Black Cohosh, I’ll check it out.

Hi AnnieW
    I’m afraid soya products are something that I won’t consume anymore due to them being so highly processed and high in polyunsaturates. Thanks anyway for the advice and I’m glad it worked for you.

I’ll see what the doctor says.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Marsie
    on

MK, just catching up on your post.

It’s lowering, I know, to be disappointed in yourself, and your reaction to go and buy sabotage food was, I think, completely natural (too many of us have experienced this in one way or another). But, MK, hats off to you, pats on back, hearty cheering in your direction, for your next steps. I am so full of admiration for the way you evaluated as objectively as possible then made positive plans. AND THREW THAT SABOTAGE FOOD AWAY!! Like it or not, MK, that is role model stuff…….this is now the standard I aim for….stare down the bl…y sabotage moment! Wishing you well with your health and your plans.

Theodora, catching up with your holiday post also.

It’s such a trap, isn’t it, when the wine glass is taken out of your control. I overcame this a while back by stating quite firmly and loudly at the start of the meal, gathering, whatever, that my wine glass was not to be topped up, not even out of kindness, to please let me choose when to refill. Strange looks my way, couple of forgetful (?) moves, but, as I was more watchful I just put my hand over the glass. They soon got used to it, good friends do. They rarely comment now on me not having wine at all these days. Used to really enjoy it, not so much now.

And I’m sure all that walking will stand you in good stead. Good luck.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Hi Linda.
    It was very low dose Amitripteline which is a pretty kick ass antidepressant when prescribed in full dose and technically not licenced for the purpose but my (female) GP said there was significant evidence it lessened symptoms and restored good sleeping habits for women with night sweats. It shows how desperate I must have been because I wouldn’t usually touch that type of drug with a barge pole! But because of my medical history I couldn’t have HRT and I think she saw I was wild eyed and mad through sleep deprivation. Anyway, it worked, she supplied me a couple of months worth at the lowest dose and the sweats went and didn’t come back.

Looking through the bathroom cupboard I noticed I still have two weeks worth – tempting to give them a go! I still remember the utter joy of sleeping through the night after weeks and months of getting up, changing soaking wet nightclothes and sheets… Just like having a new baby in the house! . You have my sympathies. I didn’t have any side effects but might be worth a chat with the doc. MKx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

MK, well done binning the sabotage bag, that was a really powerful moment and I appreciate how you must have felt on seeing that interview. I have always hated seeing myself on camcorder pictures, they seem to exaggerate weight a lot compared to mirrors. Go get some nice clothes, even if they are an intermediate size from where you want to end up, they won’t be wasted if you look and feel better in them in the meantime.

It is interesting you have been discussing sleep as that was supposed to be my focus for this week of my challenge, and although I technically hit my target on five of the days, the quality of sleep was worse. I am changing the last part of my personal challenge too. I was going to do another super low carb week, followed by a practice week of not logging or planning food before my holiday but I have realised that my eating pattern has fallen naturally into a reverse diet so am going to continue with this to try to ensure my metabolism is prepared for maintenance. I am on week 4 now, looking at the past few weeks, and in another 5 weeks I should be eating at a level slightly above my ideal TDEE. I am not putting weight on, in fact my target was actually hit for the first time in week three so it seems to be working. My weight at today’s weigh in was 10 stone 12, and I have averaged 1880 calories this last week, with one day at 2200. I’ll keep you all posted how it goes.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

LindaA, while you are checking out Black Cohash you might want to look at the side effects and problems which are – QUOTED DIRECT FROM MEDICAL SITE –

***Black cohosh can cause some mild side effects such as stomach upset, cramping, headache, rash, a feeling of heaviness, vaginal spotting or bleeding, and weight gain.

There is also some concern that black cohosh may be associated with liver damage. It is not known for sure if black cohosh actually causes liver damage. Researchers are studying this. Until more is known, people who take black cohosh should watch for symptoms of liver damage. Some symptoms that may suggest liver damage are yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), unusual fatigue, or dark urine. If these symptoms develop, black cohosh should be stopped and a health provider should be contacted. People who take black cohosh should talk with their health provider about getting tests to make sure their liver is working well.***

Sounds to me it can cause more problems than it solves, particularly the mild effect, cramping, vaginal bleeding, WEIGHT GAIN.

Soya products are not really good for women and the oestrogen in it encourages belly fat and weight retention.

I think the answer is to deal with the symptoms with say a cool shower before bed, keep the room cool, wear natural clothing like cotton and natural bedding. Don’t let it worry you too much, it will pass.

• posted by wendyq
    on

I’ve been sticking to the plan pretty well this week,although have been over the 800 calories some days.The weekend is always a challenge though.My sons and their friend came last night,made dinner for them but said I couldn’t have any as I’d had my calorie allowance for the day.Of course that led into how many calories I was having,they couldn’t believe it was 800,worried about me starving myself,how did I have energy to do anything etc.I explained about the BSD in a nutshell,that I don’t feel hungry and have loads of energy.They couldn’t believe I’m doing 2 gym classes back to back on 15 almonds!I said it’s all about mindset and organisation,says me who doesn’t stick to it 100% but I’m trying.Got on the scales this morning,down a pound from Tuesday,it’s coming off much slower than I hoped ,it’s going to be a long time before my goal weight is reached !I’m motivated reading all the posts,thanks everyone.

on

Ah, m&m, I bought some nice things in a size 14 a couple of weeks ago, just after the TV thing. So I have great stuff to wear that looks nice, and fits for the next few weeks, at least..
    TV definitely puts on lbs which is why everyone you meet from that world is teeny weeny tinier than you thought, so I suppose there’s a bit about context too. Was at the BBC for a radio interview last week (I have a GREAT face for radio!) and met a TV presenter who looks like an Amazon on the programme she presents, beautiful, tall and looks very different next to her colleagues when on screen – she towers over her male co-presenter. In fact, I was astonished to find she’s 5’4 max, petite with tiny hands and feet and I imagine a size 8!

It’s partly about ageing, partly about seeing something in the mirror that seems infinitely less true in real life, partly about the ‘selfie’ culture and this constant focus on how you look, not what you are. I hate being sucked into that, which was why I was so annoyed with myself. MKx

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW!!! Sorry I had no idea Black Cohosh was so dangerous. I took it many years ago without any side effects but I would never have recommended it had I realised there were so many contra-indications.

Thanks for pointing that out sunshine-girl.

on

Verano, I only know because someone recommended it to me when I was in the menopause, anyway, what is your new thread and when does it start. I am 4 weeks from my HbA1c so need to get serious again.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Great, MK, I am still wearing some of my size 14 stuff, even though my top half is now 8-10, I can’t afford to replace an entire wardrobe just like that (although the local charity shops have probably never had such a good customer). I agree with your feelings on the selfie culture and obsession with appearance rather than substance. Good luck going onwards and downwards ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Busybee
    on

MK, your post saved me from caving today.
    I went to M and S and looked at the Valentine meal deal. Ther was a lot to choose from to keep to the BSD except for the desserts and mini box of heart chocolates – oh and the bottle of Prosecco! I spent some time fighting with my carb monster as to whether I should give in and “treat” myself to the lovely looking puds – it’s a long time since I was so tempted.
    In the end I chose a very large box of strawberries which looked just OK but gradually I began to feel more in control.
    I decided that my lovely hubby and I didn’t need sugary things to celebrate Valentine’s Day (we have never really celebrated the day in our 45 yeas of marriage.) and decided we will have a glass or two of the fizz, enjoy the nice food and give the chocolates to an elderly spinster aunt who I suspect has never been given chocolate for Valentines Day.
    Thank you!
    X B

on

Well done, Busybee!
    Mr Kitten went out earlier today and bought that offer as ‘a Special treat because you’ve not been well’.
    I’ve had to feign lack of appetite because literally none of his choices (his favourites, naturally!) are BSD friendly, so it’s interesting to know that there were more suitable things. His choices were all pastry and sugar!
    On seeing the sugary puds I said ‘oh, did they not have cheese?’ – which is what I’d usually choose – he said ‘CHEESE isn’t a treat!’ Hmmmm. MKx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Cheese is absolutely a treat!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Mixnmatch – I agree about the cheese. Stilton or mascarpone are a real treat.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Busybee – how thoughtful of you to think of giving your chocolates to your elderly spinster aunt.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

There are very few cheeses I don’t like (mostly those stuffed with dried fruit wensleydale hybrids), my favourite since I discovered it is the mature goat gouda from Waitrose, but I commonly have half a dozen or so different ones in the fridge.

on

Mature goat Gouda sounds amazing! There’s a local cheese here in Scotland that ‘s like a soft Wensleydale wrapped in nettle leaves. And when in Greece a special kind of mature feta that is so salty and delicious, absolutely lovely crumbled on their spring greens – Horta – served with olive oil and lemon juice dressing. Very BSD!!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Possibly my second favourite at the moment is Cornish Yarg, which sounds a bit like the Scottish one you mention but wrapped in wild garlic leaves instead.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl and Verano
    I read up on black cohosh last night before I went to bed and decided not to take the risk. I took one of the ‘over the counter’ sleeping tablets and managed to sleep through, only having to wake once to go to the loo then went straight back to sleep. I’ve never been one to take many drugs unless I absolutely have to, so I’m not concerned that I will become ‘hooked’. We have an air conditioner in our room and although we don’t use it often, it’s been on all night these last couple of weeks at a manageable 24 deg with sheet and undies only. The biggest problem was that the mattress was so hot, it took ages to cool down!

I don’t think of ‘sweets’ or ‘desserts’ as treats anymore. I’m half way through reading Gary Taubes’ book, Good Calories, Bad Calories and all I can think of when I look at sweet/starchy food is the damage it is doing to my body and the high risk of dementia in the future.
    Treats for me are Greek full fat yogurt, macadamia nuts, strawberries, and some of the double and triple Camembert and Brie cheeses eaten on their own.

I rarely consume alcohol anymore, not because I have some super willpower, but because I just don’t feel like it. My drink of choice now is sparkling soda or mineral water with a splash of lemon or lime juice.

Another hot one here today, but only in the 30’s, not the 40’s so after our yoga class this morning, it will be another relaxing day by the pool.
    Enjoy your evening for those in the northern hemisphere.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Maharani kitten
    I’ll mention Amitripteline to the doc next time I’m there. I don’t think my symptoms are as severe as yours were, it’s just that the lack of sleep combined with the excessive hot weather was starting to wear me down.
    Thanks everyone for your tips!
    Cheers Linda

• posted by tigs
    on

Checking in as a while since I posted. Still BSD800’ing most days with about 6kg still to lose. The days I am not are planned departures to some extent (I tend to over do it though) as I accommodate summer social events. What is most encouraging is a couple of days strictly BSD800 sees any gains on the scales drop like a stone so figure the extra carb days mostly attract the water. I am still mindful of Med principles on the days I go over as trusting that will become second nature for maintenance given the frequent ‘trial’ days doing it. Keeping strong and wishing you the same xx

on

Sorry to but in again LindaA but amitriptyline is a tricylic antidepressant, which means it is in the very serious drug category. The following side effects are assuming you are depressed and warns that you should “report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behaviour changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.”

Not something I would consider taking and I have suffered from depression in the past. I am sure your doctor would refuse these.

on

Hi SG. I did say that these were a kick ass antidepressant in my first post and that tbh I’d be the last person to take these in normal circumstances. But it was at the lowest of low doses and I hadn’t slept properly for months, wringing out bedding and nightwear even in winter, was totally desperate and had tried literally everything – herbal solutions, practical eg cotton nightwear and bedding, sleeping apart from (hot!) OH, tepid baths. This was six weeks of one very very low dose tablet and it meant I was ‘cured’, and I kept my job and my sanity because I could sleep at night and function in the day.
    I did also suggest it as a final resort and simply to discuss the possibility. As it happens, Lynne’s said her symptoms aren’t as severe as mine were. In my experience menopause symptoms and solutions are HRT for years, or nothing, from a GP, and my own health issues aside, I wouldn’t touch that with a long pole. Women rarely discuss the severe problems they have because lots of people sail through with no bother and they feel pathetic. Two of my friends, both teachers, have given up their jobs last year because they’re embarrassed by brain fog and one has fallen asleep in class not once, but six or seven times and her GP told her it could go on for years, there’s nothing to be done and If she’s worried, she should retire. At 52. The other has such severe hot flushes she’s dripping on her desk in front of sniggering teenage boys and she can’t hack it anymore – she’s on HRT. What a waste.
    I would never recommend or dismiss a course of medical action, but where something has worked incredibly well, and this absolutely did for me, I’d certainly share it. No side effects at all, not groggy on waking, just lovely uninterrupted sleep which carried on long after the drugs were finished. MK x

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Google Trust me I’m a doctor. You should be able to see a link to the bbc website where’s Dr M has input for his programmes. There is a piece headed Are There Natural Alternatives to HRT, as well as the episodes, which may be helpful. It doesn’t last long but you could try putting pillow cases in the fridge and just laying on the top of your pillow. There’s also the chillow which is a cool pillow but not tried that, although I did take bottles of iced water. (In a sealed bag) to bed – reverse hot water bottle.

on

sorry M-K wasn’t criticising you, just passing on a few details. I too have taken antidepressants and they worked for me and for my sleep problems (not menopausal just an insomniac) my doctor gives me a very mild dose of anti-histamine which also helps with the diabetic skin irritation I suffer at night. I’m sure LindaA’s doctor will give her appropriate advice.

on

Nope, just clarifying! I’m known in my GP practice as ‘the woman who refuses antibiotics’ – drugs are very much a last resort for me so you can imagine how keen I am to wave goodbye to Metformin! MKx

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl, Maharani kitten and AnnieW, I’ve been down the antidepressant route in the past and probably won’t go there again. My symptoms are getting better now that the super hot weather has abated, so I’ll persevere with the ‘natural’ supplements I’ve been taking along with the odd over the counter sleeping pill if I get desperate.
    I really appreciate everyone’s advice and concern and love the way we all look out for each other.
    It’s Monday morning now and today is expected to be a more manageable 27 deg, so I’ll be able to get out for a long walk today after not going for 9 days. Interestingly, I’ve gained 2 kg in that time without really changing my eating habits. Just goes to show that with exercise, we can eat a bit more and maintain, but cut it out and the weight increases!
    Have a great week everyone!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi LindaA, not too much help as I can’t remember the full details but – I used to be on another forum and the subject of weight gain in excessive heat came up and apparently it is “a thing” and humidity also has an effect. As I seem to be saying a lot lately Google it. I just put in excessive heat causing weight gain. I would post a link but my tablet is saying no (maybe I should google that๐Ÿ˜€).

• posted by Marsie
    on

Good morning everyone, this Valentine’s Day ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
    Weighed in this morning at 62.7. One more week on this 4 week cycle and I aim to have a true 800 week and see what happens with the numbers.

Good wishes everyone for your own goals.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weighed in today at 9st 6.5lbs which is a little higher than last week but well within my target range for maintenance. I will cut down on the cream a bit this week to drop to 9stone 6lbs.

Today is a glorious day here in East Anglia and as I have a day off we are visiting Oxborough Hall to see the snowdrops. We are looking forward to taking the Labradors. They are allowing dogs into the grounds and gardens for the first time this year on a trial basis so we are really looking forward to it.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi all

Been ages since I posted – sorry – work has been absolutely manic and home…well …wedding prep ‘ad infinitum’ So I’ve had some very good BSD days and some decidedly NOT good BSD days. Net effect was a pound on at weigh in which is still under target so I’m taking that as a victory.

My work colleague came in with two heart shaped chocolates asking me to save him from himself – but who’s going to save me from MYSELF – apparently no one – except me, so that didn’t work and down the hatch with two chocolates – let’s hope I can stay at two!!!

Have a great Valentine’s Day all xxx

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, not much good news for me .Another weekend of eating and drinking at gatherings and not keeping to plan,
    weight today 84.7kg so down 0.2 which is at least a loss however small. BGL is 6.1 which is slightly up.
    exercise this week is nil.So ,as usual I have renewed intention to be more strict.Im getting so boring as I have good intentions but stray from plan so easily.Im working for the next two days so maybe the extra exercise will help.To those of you staying on plan and getting results, well done I really admire you as I find it a real challenge.cheers

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Lovely walk at Oxburgh Hall – lots and lots of snowdrops. It is a lovely National Trust property with some nice woodland walks. We could also take the dogs into the cafe and I was so pleased to see smoked cheese and spinach frittata on the menu – really BSD friendly.

I didn’t need the emergency food that I had bought with me.

• posted by Bissell
    on

That sounds lovely, KrysiaD. It’s great when you find somewhere that’s both dog friendly and BSD friendly! I take my dog to a NT site, Dyffryn Gardens, , but we have to sit outside and the main BSD meal is the soup.
    How fabulous to see the snowdrops too.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Bissell – yes it is lovely to also be able to take the dogs into the cafe. I was so pleased to see the frittata as the soup was leek and potato and there were lots of sandwiches and jacket potatoes on the menu.

Hopefully soon everywhere will be BSD and dog friendly.

Your NT site Dyffryn Gardens sounds lovely.

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

KrysiaD – I used to live just up the road from Oxburgh Hall, before I moved down to Suffolk. My snowdrops are starting to flower nicely in our garden, I am so looking forward to getting out and doing some gardening again – we have had quite a lot of hedges cut back hard this winter, so more spaces to plant things!

Our new dog had an outing with OH yesterday and wore himself out making lots of new friends, didn’t hear a peep out of him last night. I think he is starting to feel settled in his new home.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Norfolkgal
    It is lovely at Oxburgh but we love Suffolk also. Every summer we spend a few days with our dogs at the Crown and Castle at Orford which is very dog friendly and there is always superb BSD friendly food on the menu. We always book the dog table for our meals which overlooks Orford castle and the dogs are very well behaved.
    Is your new dog very young?

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Marsie

I see that this challenge is in its last week now and I was just wondering if you’re starting a new one or if you’d like me to do it?

• posted by Rosebery
    on

Good morning, my challenge was to get back to sticking to the diet more carefully and I haven’t really done that yet – I have been following the principles but more at a maintenance level than 800 calories. My exercise has also gone to pot this week for one reason and another. Anyway, the other bit of my challenge was to get into the 10 stones and I edged it last week and am 10 stone 12 1/2 lb now so definitely into the 10 stone bracket. The top of the normal range for me is 10 stone 2lb so only 10 1/2 lb to normality!

Reading the posts I can see how useful a dog would be in getting one out of the house and walking regularly but I don’t think we will be succumbing because we are often away from home. Maybe we need a virtual dog?

Blood sugars have risen a bit this week but I think it is stress about our daughter who is desperately trying to find a new job having given in her notice and who is currently contemplating a claim for constructive dismissal. My morning blood sugars are stubbornly about 6 despite late night snacks and apple cider vinegar but they have been lower and I think it is being on edge. Come to think of it I haven’t been doing my mindfulness stuff so probs need to do that!

Butterlover, we are in a similar position, small losses and slightly elevated sugars – and the determination to do better! good luck!

Thank you Marsie for organising this thread.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello to all 4 week challenger’s.
    I am late posting again as we have been away for the weekend. I am half a pound down on last week so am pleased as, although I chose BSD food, alcohol as usual featured heavily over the weekend. One more event next Saturday and then our soscial life calms down so any new challenge will be welcome to help me crack this weight up and downing and get on with the job of losing more lbs before a wedding in May.
    X B

on

Hi all, just got back from a swim at the local pool. It is amazing how good it makes me feel, not just the exercise but the clean skin and newly washed hair (not that I dont shower at home). The sun is shining and we are at about 17 degrees, hubby has hung the washing out and I am nearly ready for my lunch.

Lost 2.5lbs since Thursday (when I got back on it after my birthday binge) and bloods are steady around 4.5 and 5.0 so keeping everything as is medication wise. I write all my numbers in a book every morning and I have to take it with me when I see the doctor. So I looked back at my weight on the date of my last visit and I am half a kilo lighter, so not bad considering I have had Christmas and my birthday to content with and with 4 weeks to go so I have a new determination. Chinese pork balls on the menu tonight, not tried before but we do something new every week.

Have a good one and keep on keeping on…

• posted by Theodora
    on

Lovely to read of all your varying successes – well done everyone.

Sunshinegirl, I can certainly understand what you mean about feeling amazing and all scrubbed up like new after your swim. Lucky you, with the sun shining, cold, wet and miserable here today – though milder than it has been of late. Not warm enough to tempt me to go for a swim though, but I have taken the dogs out for a 3 mile walk, and come home wet, cold and bedraggled, so I’m feeling quite envious of you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Back to the challenge. I have just returned home (last evening) from a 10 day holiday so, what with having had a plateau of several days and a 10 day holiday in the past few weeks, I was really doubting that I would come anywhere close to achieving my personal 4 week challenge. Absolutely dreading getting on the scales this morning – first time since we left home 10 days ago – but, and I couldn’t believe it myself, so turned my scales off and on a couple of times and weighed myself again, I have lost 3.25lbs (1.47kg) while I was away ๐Ÿ™‚ Must have been all that extra walking (up to 15 miles a day) along the hilly coastal paths of the West Country, because we spent a lot of time eating (though tried to keep it BSD friendly

So, that means that, with 6 days of the challenge still to go, when the 3.25lbs is added to the reduction in weight before we went on holiday, today I have achieved my personal 4 week challenge of losing 3.6kg – chosen because the challenge was set at the beginning of my 2nd BSD week, and I wanted to double it in the following 4 weeks. So doing the happy dance here.:-)

Now I have just 2lbs to go before hitting 11 stone, so I am wondering if it may be possible before the end of the challenge…………………………….???? May be a bit ambitious in 6 days, but we will see.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi everybody,

So well done, Theodora. In an earlier post I did agree that the walking, extra walking, would stand you in good stead, pleased for you.

It’s a pleasure, Rosebery.

Hi Verano, feel free, I won’t be upset. This one was started in the spirit of opening up my house for a party that all the attendees would organise and contribute to. (At the time, everyone was so concerned about your absence, explained later, of course, that I just went ahead to give anyone who wanted it, an outlet.)

You may or may not know that in Australia we have a saying when inviting friends to a casual get-together i.e. “bring a plate”, meaning bring a plate of food to put on the table, and I have to say there have been lots of tasty plates (conversations) brought along to this party. Thanks everyone, still 6 days to go……..

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Marsie

I was really hoping you would continue! I think it helps lots of us to have a specific thread to focus on so it would be a shame not to carry on. Maybe you’ll reconsider I’ve done quite a few now and this thread has been great. I wish I could have contributed more but such is life.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi Verano,

OK, will do, I’ll set it up for later in our week so we can move smoothly over once we’ve weighed in on Tues 21st.

The next 4th Tuesday will be March 21st. Does anyone have a suggestion for a title?

• posted by Verano
    on

Well March 21st is the first day of spring here and the first day of autumn with you so maybe we could have a ‘seasonal’ title?

• posted by Marsie
    on

You’ll probably think it an odd thing, but our seasons officially change on the 1st of the appropriate month eg 1st March, June, September, December. I’ve always understood it to have been dictated by the British who oversaw the public servants in the colonies and it has stuck. Interestingly, the Indigenous lore here recognises 6 seasons which makes a great deal of sense.

So anyway, in a few days, look for : CHALLENGE FOR THE CHANGING SEASONS: 4 WEEKS UNTIL 21st MARCH

• posted by Theodora
    on

Will be hopping onto that challenge as soon as you open it, Marsie, thank you.

By the end of that challenge, I will have completed 9 weeks of BSD and should hopefully be fast (or not so fast) approaching my target of losing 28lbs. Of course, by then I might become even more ambitious and aim for another stone, let’s see how it’s going when the new challenge opens.

The end of the challenge will miss the Equinox – Spring here, Autumn down under, by just one day otherwise you could have added Equinox into your title ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Marsie

Our seasons also ‘officially’ change at the beginning of the month but the celestial equinox is March 20th and it fits bettter with what we need!!

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. good choice of title !

Please log in or register to post a reply.