Our Next Interactive 4 Week Challenge ends Tues 21st Feb

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Hi all. I’m new here but seeing all the posts re ginger chocolate thought you might like to know Aldi do Moser Roth ginger chocolate in 100g bars. I’ve not had it as I don’t like ginger and don’t know what the chocolate % is but I often get the 85% chocolate and the ginger one is slightly less carbs. As an extra benefit Moser Roth do not use the dutching process with their coco beans (no alkalising) so better for you than Lindt and much cheaper. Just a thought if you’re near an Aldi.

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Thanks chums, for being so kind. But I can’t think any part of my body is craving rubbish! As you’ve all said, picked up, dusted off, started all over again. Beautiful day today.
    Have lost 46lbs in 4 months, loss is slowing now, maybe 20 to go to be BMI 23/24. Thinking carefully about Joining the next challenge . Might give myself 4 weeks on lots of exercise but c 1200 calories and 40g carbs just for a little rest, then pick up again in March. Thinking about it, anyway. Mkx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi MK, that sounds just like a challenge to me, whether or not it is 800 cal. And just awesome stats re the 46 lbs/4 months. Congratulations🌟🌟🌟

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Marsie, thank you for this thread. I haven’t achieved what I had hoped for but the thread did stop me from going right off track. Looking forward to the next month’s challenge. It does help to be able to draw a line underneath an up and down path and start afresh.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Jenni I agree – this thread and the support from the forum has kept me focused. I have lost and gained the same few pounds and still have only lost two stone one pound since October, but without it I’m sure I would have gone off the rails.Must do better.
    See you all on the next challenge.
    X B

• posted by wendyq
    on

Just got weighed,have lost 10 pounds since starting this challenge.It would be fantastic if I could lose the same during the next one.Here goes.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Weighed in today at 9 stone 7.75lbs so am at the upper end of my ideal maintenance. Weight went up last week as I was very hungry and I had bigger helpings of BSD friendly foods. Since then not really hungry at all so I will aim to drop to 9stone 6lbs over the next 4 week challenge.

It does show how important it is to keep a check on weight once you reach target.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Weighed in today at 17st 11, which I’m very happy with, meaning 80lb off since last Summer and 20 more to go. Apart from the weight, the big plus for me has been getting my exercise sorted out and have now put in place something I can work with going forward.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Weighed in this morning at 62.2, which is .3kg less than when we finished the previous 4 wks on Jan 24th. Not much to show for 4 wks, BUT I am still 6kg less than when I began, oh goodness, nearly 10 months ago. Had thought to lose 10kg so I still have some to go. A lot of circling around the same spot. However, as others have commented, without the mutual support found on this forum, I’m positive I would have reverted to my historic type and be back at starting weight by now.

Thanks JenniftB, Busybee. Well done Wendyq. Agree with you KD, about the need to monitor maintenance, admiring what you’ve done.

See you on the next page…….

• posted by Theodora
    on

So it’s goodbye to this challenge today, and well done to everyone who has reached their goal, and commiserations to those who have not, but it’s the trying that counts, and having a challenge certainly keeps us motivated.

I managed my challenge, which was to lose another 3.6kg, which was exactly what I had lost in my first week, and started this challenge at the beginning of week 2, so in effect it has taken me 4 weeks to lose the same as I lost in one week at the start. 🙁

I did, in fact, reach my target a week ago, despite a 10 day holiday, so I was really hoping to exceed my 3.6kg goal. Sadly though, I seem to have hit yet another plateau (my 2nd in 5 weeks) since my return from holiday and, despite sticking 100% to BSD800, practising 16/8, and keeping carbs to approx. 25, the scales have been resolutely static for the past week 🙁 and not even any reduction in waist measurement to console me 🙁

So whilst, in reality I have achieved my challenge, I am feeling somewhat despondent. 🙁 Praying for a visit from the Whoosh Fairy 😉

Oh well, goodbye to this one on to the next – where one of my challenges is to get off this blooming plateau and start running downhill again – though even walking downhill would do nicely. 😉

BTW, thanks again Marsie for organising both this and our new challenge.

• posted by Marsie
    on

No probs, Theodora, keeps me hanging in, too.

I just came back in here for the 2nd time today as I wanted to also thank Verano who started the idea of the 4 week challenges back before Christmas. Its obvious, isn’t it, that quite a few of us relate to the idea, perhaps, or even especially, if we’ve been going for a while. Shorter, sharper, jabs so we don’t altogether tail off. Good idea then, Verano, good idea now.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yes, Marsie, I agree – and thank you to Verano, although I hadn’t started back then, so never joined her challenges.

I think another nice thing about the 4 week challenges is that it brings lots of people from other threads together, who started at different times, posting under one topic, which I love – I don’t always like to butt in on other people’s topics, particularly ones which began before I joined the forum!

• posted by topcac
    on

Hello all – final weigh in for this challenge and I am 4.75lbs down from four weeks ago. I will admit, however, that I was still carrying some ‘festive’ weight at that point and I have had some terrible days but, net, I seem to have come out alright. This was the month when my ‘official’ weigh ins started to start with an 8 so I’m delighted. I am in maintenance but, as Krysia so rightly says, it is imperative to keep the motivation going, as the ‘just one won’t hurt’ mentality is dangerous, especially when you’re an ‘all or nothing’ gal like me!

Thanks goes to Marsie for this challenge and the next one, and all I can say is thank goodness we have Verano back and healthy after the worries of this time four weeks ago!

See you all on t’other side
    TC xxx

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi all. I did start this challenge with good intentions but it all went out the window. My brother was very ill so a lot of time went into caring for him. As he didn’t live near me there was a good deal of travelling involved and as I also work away from home i just lost the momentum. Sadly he died a week ago and I am just back at work today.

I haven’t weighed myself for at least three weeks and I’m sure I’ve gained a few lbs. I certainly haven’t been paying much attention to the carbs. Just ate whatever was available.

Hoping to join the new challenge with a weigh in tomorrow. I’ve been reading the posts and they have kept me going. Everyone has done really well whether they got the desired result or not. Perseverance is everything and this next four weeks will make all the difference.

• posted by Verano
    on

Cara54

Sorry to hear about your loss. At a time like this you need to be kind to yourself so don’t set your sights too high. Treading water might be the best way to go for the next few weeks.

• posted by Verano
    on

Topcac yes thank you I’m fit and well and looking forward the next challenge. I’ve done quite well the last few weeks so just want to keep up the momentum now. It seems that maintaining is not that easy but with the help of all the posters and other maintainers I’m sure you will manage to stay on track.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi all, final weigh-in for my (modified halfway through) challenge, and I am 10 st 12 lb exactly. This is up from my very lowest, and up a pound from my target, but considering the reverse diet I have been trying for the last few weeks I find it impressively stable. I was a pound heavier in November after my 8 weeks stint, so have lost a little more after getting rid of the Christmas blip. This time next week I will be on holiday in Cornwall, and without my scales both for food and myself. Now I want to see if I can stay the same weight or very near it without the constant checking. I will be joining the new challenge thread, but given my program am having a mixed challenge again.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

My final weigh in on this thread. Weight today 11st exactly. Happy with that for this 4 week challenge. Heading over to the new 4 week thread. Thanks everyone for the inspirational posts.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All, last post for this challenge.I’m still very much treading water, Today 84.3KG and Fasting BGL. 4.6 the best in months but I have no idea how I did it. I’m hoping it was extra water and massive salads. I see a tiny light at the end of the tunnel
    On to the next challenge. Thanks to marsie for getting it started. cheers.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Mixmatch
    I have eaten at the Salt Bar and had lovely meals there, so I think stick to what you know!! Saturday lunchtime is good for me. Let me know what time, what date and how many and I will book a table looking forward to meeting you.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Dear Cara54,

I’m so sorry for your loss. I know from my own recent losses of close family that it really becomes a matter of a day at a time while your emotional strength rebuilds. Some good days, some not so good. It is a cliche for a reason, but being gentle with yourself if your own expectations are not met on any given day is so important. (Having said that, I’m tempted to add “do as I say, not as I do” because, another cliche, it ain’t easy!)

My very best wishes to you, and we’ll all love to see you over on the next challenge.

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hello Verano and Marsie. Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I am going to sign up to the next challenge and see how it goes. x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Trelawny, Saturday lunchtime sounds great, and the OH is on board, so book for two of us, plus you. Saturday is the 4th March, I am fairly sure. The bed arrives on Wednesday so we only have to camp on the air beds until then, and then we are going back home on Sunday. I am sorting out a few photos including my small wedding album so you can see the famous dress, which is now hanging up, hoping the creases drop out a bit before April.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Great will book for 4, I will bring a friend. Will love to see your photos, especially the dress!! And to meet the lucky man of course. Will let you know what time, will try for 1 or 2pm. Hope you get on okay with the blow up beds, all good for a laugh!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Mixmatch, all booked, Salt Bar, under the viaduct Hayle, Sat 4 March 1pm in the name of Evans. See you there! Have a safe journey and a good week.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Thank goodness you posted then, all packed and ready, except the photos 😊 Now all packed complete with photos as well. Looking forward to a nice week and plenty of walking. See you there!

Please log in or register to post a reply.