one week done

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

hi – well I have done one week, although not to 800cal
    I don’t have diabetes (or didn’t as of jan this year)
    so I decided to just cut out the rubbish carbs and most sugar and go from there
    have not felt hungry hardly at all – although that is not to say I couldn’t eat a whole pile of chocolate or cake if it sat beside me

anyway – since January I was doing the fast diet, but ran into difficulties and also family bereavement led me back to my bingeing behaviours and I put some weight back on

today I weighed after this first week and have got back to the lowest I got on the fd – so I lost 3 1/2 pounds this week
    that is good I think I am pleased so long as my head will continue with current enthusiasm
    I don’t want to be a fat person anymore (no judgment to anyone other than myself here)
    I don’t want to be afraid of food and afraid of my body anymore

I have already received some great support from some wonderful people on this site and I hope to stay around and maybe sometimes have something useful to say to help others

good wishes to you all

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi keeptrying
    Well done. You know what you want & are working things through. It’s good to get more control of hunger. I’m pleased you can see your own progress.

• posted by Janeycoughdrop
    on

Congrats on getting to one week! I’m also at the end of week one and altho I was pretty strict on work days, I am being relaxed about calorie counting this weekend, but sticking to the BSD principles. So far so good.. In spite of temptation (I understand your cookies comment totally!) So keep going, it’ll be worth it!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

thanks eureka – and yes do you know I think a am beginning to work out what hunger – vs – addiction feels like!!

well done janey, it does feel nice to have successfully done a week, doesn’t it

I am still having stupid reflux issues (not the heartburn I had from being too big, but throat issues) – and have been reading about what I should avoid – and it says high fats and yog and berries
    well that throws half my meals out of the window

what is it with my insides – every time I hit upon a way of actually eating well and losing weight and it punishes me

• posted by thepolly
    on

Brilliant, well done. As long as you are mostly feeling better on it, keep at it 🙂

I ordered the harcombe diet to look at as it specifically looks at other issues like food allergies and candida overgrowth. Might experiment with that soon.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

thank you polly
    I do feel better – at the moment

not sure how all this extra fibre is going though
    I wonder if that is what is making me want so much water – and endlessly going to the loo

I am not a great cook – I mean I can follow recipes but lousy at ‘inventing’ dishes
    however I now have coconut flour, and oil, and gram flour
    so spending hours on the web looking for possible recipes

today I added gram flour to my homemade chicken soup – it seems ok
    I didn’t want to use barley as am trying to get as far away from gluten as poss

so today for lunch I had coconut flatbreads and brie
    and now for dinner it is carrot, courgette, broccoli, cauli mash (which is just crumble) – and chicken breast which I coated with MY OWN INVENTION – OMG I ACTUALLY MADE SOMETHING UP!!
    All it is – is some gram flour, water, bit of coconut oil, sage, and salt
    it has made a nice crust on top of the chicken and has helped keep some of the moisture in I think

goodness knows what my intestines are going to do when all this fibre hits them!!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

well that all sounded astonishingly enthusiastic didn’t it

today I feel really really rubbish
    its my stupid head – I know

but all my passion for this has gone and although I have not gone crazy on anything – YET – it is a big likelihood

I am not diabetic – but I have issues with wheat etc so have been trying so hard and today
    well today I don’t want to try
    I don’t want to have any of it
    I need sugar and lots and I hate being like this I really don’t want to fail yet again

on

No, no, no! Come on girl, get your head together. You’ve already shown you can do this, especially with your recipe ideas (which I will shamelessly copy where the gram crusted chicken is concerned) so take a deep breath, grab a handful of almonds (my solution to a chocolate craving) and tell yourself you’re better than a muffin! Like you, I’m not diabetic (yet) but I DO have an unhealthy interest in sugar and carbs.. And that’s not going to do me OR my waistline any favours as I get older. If I can kick the habit.. So can you. By the way I’m only on week 2 so don’t think you’re being preached at by a long term success story! 😃

• posted by keeptrying
    on

hi janey and thank you for your support
    yes I am in my second week – as you no doubt guessed!

hope the chicken topping doesn’t fail, I am not very good with flavourings as cant take strong tastes

I had chocolate
    not loads, nothing like an 8 wispa binge
    just some dark chocolate
    but my stupid reflux is playing up, is not happy with the cucumber I had for lunch with tuna mayo
    can you believe it – it was ok with the chocolate later
    I hate this I have never had so much trouble with throat reflux, not ever
    and as soon as I find ways to lose weight this happens
    not to mention my stupid head which is …….. anyway

having salmon and veg for tea with some avocado which I am hopping will soothe throat a bit
    the urge to binge on rubbish is still there – especially as that ‘rubbish’ seems to cause less throat problems (I seem to be contrary to the rest of the world in this)

today is just – well – another one of ‘those’ days that I get quite a lot off
    even though I am pleased with the weight I have already lost and feel better for it physically
    I am about 2 stone lighter than I was at my heaviest in 2014, and 1 and half of that has been lost since jan this year
    I am terrified of going back up there
    I am now back to what I was in 2012 – still ‘obese’ (what a really horrid label that is)

glad you are on the same journey
    it is nice to have company x

on

Well, dark chocolate IS better the. The Wispa multipack. I hope it was Green & Black’s 85% because not only is it gorgeous, it’s also pretty difficult to eat any great amount because it’s so rich. But anyway, enough of those daydreams.. You’ve lost a phenomenal lot of weight this year..bravo! I think I’m also deemed to be ‘obese’ although I must have reverse body dysmorphia because I think I look ok! But size 16 jeans don’t lie I suppose..and they were getting tight again. I lost a couple of dress sizes on the 5.2 diet, which I persevered with for 18 months even tho it was hell on earth compared to the BSD. But new boyfriend on the scene meant it was too difficult to persevere and a few too many nice dinners have taken their toll. I hope your reflux had settled down a bit tonight and the salmon was ok. Tomorrow is a new day..chin up!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

funny – 5:2 is how I lost most of this weight, too
    but it is also when the bad reflux began
    and although I have done no fasting for about a month, it is still not right
    I agree I prefer this way of eating, although I liked the other way too
    trouble is I am currently trying to do this AND avoid grains/gluten AND avoid reflux causing foods
    which clearly isn’t working

well done you on loosing weight
    also weird as I also have that ‘reverse’ psyche – as in I forget how fat I am until I see myself in a photo or a shop window
    and all I see is an old fat woman – horrible

haven’t reached the dizzy heights of 85% choc yet
    this was 50% coop with orange
    the rest I have is ‘divine’ 70%

on

Happy Friday to you Keeptrying!

You need to be more kind to yourself. Stop thinking that you are a fat old woman, and consider that you are someone determined to improve your health and wellbeing. Let’s face it, at least you’re not one of the population who is still ignoring the fact their unhealthy lifestyle is slowly killing them…

My second week has gone well, although I may need to be strong on Sunday as I have been invited for afternoon tea and cakes to celebrate the second part of my friend’s hen party (the first bit was before I started on the BSD in earnest). I will be the saddo sitting there with a glass of sparkling water and a celery stick…

Get 85% for when you need the chocolate hit. One square will be all you need!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi keeptrying,
    Glad to see you are getting through Week 2. Janeycoughdrop is right – don’t be so quick to do yourself down, it’s still early days on the BSD and there will be blips ahead (some bigger than others) and you are still at the stage where your body will try fighting back until it adjusts to the regime! You’ve decided to do something to help yourself so persevere – have faith and eventually you will be able to deal with those gremlins trying to derail you.
    For what it’s worth, my last super-binge was over the recent Bank Holiday weekend. But since then, things have been under control – I’ve not been a saint by any means. Today I was feeling tired & headachey and was thirsty all day (no matter that I was glugging water all day) & someone offered me a bit of chocolate. I had one square, enjoyed it & it gave me a boost – but it didn’t trigger a mad eating binge. It’s taken a long time to achieve that state and I certainly haven’t lost my sweet tooth but now I believe that I’ve got things under control, rather than things controlling me. So as Janey says, be kind to yourself – you can do it!
    Have a great weekend,
    Rose

• posted by keeptrying
    on

thanks for the support
    and well done janey, glad your week 2 has gone well

I am really struggling with a desire to have food stuffing my face

I have had several of my small coconut flatbreads today – 3 with melted brie on top, with baby spinach, for lunch
    but right now, I want more and more and more food
    have to go to bed because I need food

I don’t think I am having the amount of veg that I should, but I just cant eat bowls and bowls of saled

am just having another couple of squares of dark chocolate – that will be a few today

last week I only needed 1 square and it did the trick – I am slipping already

also reading about fats (did separate thread on this) it still seems as though I should not eat so much brie or anything

two more days to go for end of week
    thing is I am not doing this as an 8 week plan, I am just doing it – if I set an end date then I have a date to go back to all the rubbish, and that is not the intention

on

Not having a fixed end date is a good thing. I certainly don’t want to wake up on the first day of week 9 and think I’ll stock up on pasta, bread and chocolate cake. I’m hoping this WOE is a permanent change for the better. Fat is not your biggest enemy on this eating plan. You just need to watch the type of fat you eat. If you can bear it, grab a pot of Longleys full fat cottage cheese (in Morrisons and also Sainsburys I think) because not only is delicious but it fills you up. Third of a pot is enough to do the trick! Anyway, I donated blood this evening.. And I feel a bit ‘whizzy’ seeing as I declined the chocolate biscuit afterwards. I had a tiny piece of dark chocolate when I got home to try and stop feeling faint..

• posted by keeptrying
    on

sadly Tesco don’t sell that cottage cheese, so will try waitrose (don’t have the other two nearby)
    I had full fat yog with pear, raspberries and walnuts for lunch

I am still massively struggling with the INSIDE need for biscuits with my tea, or something, anything but know if I had any I would have LOTS

also jumping on off scales all the time is making things worse since I seem to go down then back up by the end of the week (I had been restricting scales to once a week)
    what stupid world is my head in that I should lose weight when I am not restricting calories
    I mean I am not eating loads – not anywhere NEAR what I was before
    I have not had a single biscuit for 2 weeks, only a couple of small pieces of cake (not wheat) last week, and only a small amount of chocolate
    honestly my new ‘need it now’ food has to be coconut flatbreads and even then I only have a couple a day extra to meals
    maybe it is just a massive rebellion inside my head which wouldn’t be surprising after so long
    even when I was on the fd I still had some biscuits
    sorry
    I am in full moan mood – and its directed at me, not anyone else
    probably I am trying to restrict too many things at one time

anyway I will try to continue as I am afraid of stopping

on

It’s ok to have a winge as long as your goals are still there. I think the biggest issue is getting ‘boredom eating’ out of our heads. I was always one for ‘a couple of biscuits’ with a cake, and could never leave chocolate unless it had all gone. I’m fighting it with a couple of almonds when mouth hunger strikes. And a LOT of fizzy water, which helped before on the 5.2. I’m sure I mentioned but I NEVER weigh myself because it seems to make people so stressed that they ‘only’ lose a pound. If my jeans are looser and belt tighter.. That’s success!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

I admire your resilience at not weighing
    I initially found it very hard to do just once a week – (mh/eating advice)
    but I got used to it
    although to start with I was almost in an emotional breakdown by the morning of a weigh day, having lost hours of sleep over it – can you believe it

my clothes are looser although I don’t seem to be losing much around the waist (I lost a few inches on the fd, but then that was over 14 weeks not 2 !!)

off to cook chicken for tea – I love chicken – why would I want biscuits over that? for goodness sake

on

Ugh throw those scales out.. They are making you miserable! Go and enjoy your chicken. I have healthy chicken and chickpea curry with cauliflower rice for tea… Well, it’s a Saturday night so gotta be curry! Might have to ‘sin ‘ and allow myself a papadom.. I’ve been good all week so that’s my treat!

• posted by keeptrying
    on

funny world – me with my flatbread treats and you with your papadums
    my flat is a curry free zone, but I hope you enjoy yours x

Please log in or register to post a reply.