ONE WEEK AT A TIME: Tuesday January 1st 2019

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

OH SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always a silver lining! And It sounds like this was a bitter sweet event! All the very best for a complete recovery and if self esteem and enthusiasm, along with well wishes and support from your many friends here is any indication . . . it will be sooner rather than later 🙂 Way to go!!! And again SUCH good news!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, V.! I’m greatly relieved that the surgery is behind you, and that you may find yourself much improved
    when the physio work is done. Your positive, fighting spirit will carry you through, I know. I’ll watch this
    space for updates! We’re with you everyday, V! xxx

Allie

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

FANTASTIC morning news Verano! That makes me smile — i trust that this time is the charm and you get the best outcome of all those six surgeries. It is always good when the surgeon is pleased — thank goodness you were able to get the surgeon who knew you and your individual situation.
    Hey, that makes me think of the books by the surgeon, Atul Gawande — I love his writing and his interesting take on medicine. (The last one I read was about aging and that was very interesting). You might enjoy reading one of his books while you are convalescing.
    Also, be careful to eat enough calories to heal properly — don’t restrict too much until you are mended! But BSD-friendly foods are definitely good for the healing process, so you don’t need to stray too far.
    Such good news!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hello Verano and Californiagirl,

Excuse me for butting in but I recognised the name Atul Gawande and thought I’d let Verano know that he did the Reith Lectures in 2014. I remember them because he was so interesting. You can still access them on bbciplayer here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04bsgvm

You might have already heard them, but if not I thought sometimes it’s nicer and easier to listen to things…. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Edited: Just re-looked at the 4 issues he discusses and I’m definitely going to re-listen to them. Thanks for the prompt Californiagirl.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thanks Jennie!! I will look up those programs too!

Please log in or register to post a reply.