ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning June 9th 2020

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just carrying on as we do every week !

There is a lovely , supportive atmosophere on our thread …we all look out for each other !

We really feel that strong BSD bonds are being created. 136 posts were recorded last week . As soon as one of us is feeling slightly down or disappointed , someone will immediately pop in to offer support and a morale boost

So please do not hesitate to come and join us ! Everyone is made to feel very welcome and we will do our very best to either get you started or keep you accountable as you continue !

Wendy and Sunny xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

It has become traditional for me to post the list of all our contributors so here you are …..

Please come and say Hi …if you are tootling along on your own , hesitating before posting , struggling or wanting to share your victories
    We are here !

SunnyB and wendleg
    Merrymelba
    Niamh and Dean ( Neegan)
    EC
    Caronl
    Clarinet cathy
    Bryla
    Windyjulz( Julie)

Georgiejeorge
    oLive 1
    Puddy
    Dreamscometrue
    Gattina
    melH
    rosyapple ( Jo)
    LovesGroodles

timetochange
    Patricia
    Articfox
    Double Dutch
    PTR
    Britta
    Film24
    Rebeccakershaw
    JGwen (of course !!)

PlumpGoose
    Russianroulade
    DebbieDarko
    weebleswobble
    nicoles212
    Steviep
    Zuzuvela
    Frog
    GreenGal
    EachPeach
    SusieMac1957
    Limes254
    Butterlover
    PhoenixBurns
    Quetzal
    Waitaminute
    Riccoh
    Tulip1
    ADD6605(Dawn)
    gyllb

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for setting up the new thread again, Wendy. That is a very impressive list of contributors and hopefully we will be reading posts from everyone of them during the coming week.

Have been loving the “can do” attitude on the weekly thread and all the support and encouragement so generously given whenever it’s needed …. long may it last.

Going to close out with a quote : “Dripping water hollows out a stone, not through force, but through persistance.” Ovid …. Roman Poet

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thanks Wendy and Sunny.
    So great we’ve got such a happy, supportive and busy little community going on. Thank you everyone for taking part, being here and sharing experiences. Wouldn’t still be on this if it wasn’t for sharing the journey.
    So this week – I’m in!
    I think this is my 8th week starting, and I’ve found some mojo having had a flat 2 weeks. I’m down 16lbs and hoping I’m right that last weeks learning, self reflection and ponderings have got me into a place where I’m ready to make next positive steps in the right direction. Recognising a genuine carb addiction, admitting that I have lost my carb friends who were nothing but damaging to me but who I feel I miss, knowing this leaves me with an itch that can’t be satisfied and accepting that… has me at peace again.
    I’m sitting inside, having had a prawn salad, feeling a little yearning for ‘something’…. nothing will fill that gap as it’s not hunger, it’s emotional, so I’ll head outside for a good walk and to play with my young horse – that’s real therapy and emotionally fulfilling!
    This post came at a good time this evening.

Looking forward to the week with you all.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone! So, after a couple of false starts and a gradual increase in Mediterranean foods after things got away from me in the early stages of lockdown, I’m now back starting F800 in earnest. Today has been my first day of week 1…the relaunch of a healthier me! It’s great seeing everyone’s posts – I plan on coming on here daily to keep me motivated 🙂 I have a lot of weight to lose, but my main goal is to feel better and to help my ailing joints…reducing pain and inflammation is my biggest source of motivation. Hope everyone is doing well 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi Julz !
    I am absolutely convinced that long term , sustainable success is dependent not only on adapting our food choices but also on reaching the mind set where we realise that high carb foods are actually damaging rather than ‘comforting’. It sounds like you are well on the way ….! I honestly believe that you will miss them less and less too. I am of the view that to crack the addiction ( which is a reality for most of us) then abstinence is the way to go . I know that seems a bit rigid but I have settled into that mindset …peacefully as you describe.
    I love reading all your musings and reflections !!
    Have another great week of self discovery, Julz !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi EllieAllegra ! I remember you ! Good to see you on the new weekly thread. Wishing you all the very best. You are absolutely doing the right thing for your health and to keep the pain and inflammation under control. Please check in with us regularly and if you need support to keep yourself on plan, just give us a shout.

• posted by Britta
    on

Wendy and Sunny, thank you as always for putting in all the effort!
    Julz, happy to read about your mojo. Carb cravings suck and I’ll say without blinking that not having those anymore is more of a victory for me than the weight loss. You won’t miss them for much longer, I’m sure.
    Welcome to the forum EllieA. Popping in daily is a great idea, especially if things get a bit tough. It is a very supportive place.

So I’m beginning week 7 today and I feel great. I have passed my 10kg milestone which is sort of half way, but the main success really is this new calm that is spreading throughout my body as my bloodsugar has been stabilising. I was never diabetic so I don’t measure it, but I feel stable and in control and that feels life changing. Today I baked peanutbutter and chocolate cookies with the kids and they did not call me in the slightest.
    I spent much of last week reading old threads and feel like I have absorbed an awful lot of bsd wisdom. This has led me to decide that I will carry on beyond the 8 weeks and stick with 800 calories till I’ve done 12 weeks. So rather than being at the end, I’m just about half way through. But that’s ok, even on 800 calories I feel better than I have in a long time!

May the force be with you all this week!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks Wendleg and Britta 🙂 I’m hoping to be in a much healthier place by the autumn. Taking things one day, and one week, at a time is going to help! Here’s to a great week everyone 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi EllieA, I’m sure I recognise your name from before too. Hope you will find being part of the weekly thread helpful. Feel free to offload here when things get wobbly and someone will offer a hand up, let us know about all the little wins too, so we can help you celebrate.
    Britta, congrats on passing your 10kg marker. You’re sounding very focused and determined and I have every confidence you’ll be reporting great things in the coming weeks.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everybody,I’m pleased to report a small discard of .5kg last week.I did well with my change of behaviour goals only ate bread and butter once and avoided the sweet biscuits completely.I have not eaten breakfast for 4 days waiting to 12noon to have lunch.Im averaging around 900cals a day but I usually get hungry late at night and start on cashews and cheese and yoghurt .bringing my total up to1200 My gym opened yesterday and I’ve committed to 3 times a week for 4 weeks of small group sessions with a supervisor.This week’s goal is to sleep earlier and cut back on night eating to get the fast up to 14 hours and total cals down .I hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by EachPeach
    on

Hello 🙂 Here for week 7. Last week i set myself the goal of seeing my lowest weight yet and i did – i’m down 18.5 lbs / 8.4 kg. At some point during the next 2 weeks, I’m going to hit below 160 lbs which will feel to me like my biggest milestone 🙂 I will solidly be in uncharted territory. So glad i got past those two sticking weeks now. I continue to be impressed by the effectiveness of the BSD and the positivity and honesty of those following it.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, good to see people having success and staying positive.
    I had a difficult afternoon at work as one of the managers on the other side of the organization has been systematically trying to undermine the program I work for by pulling his staff resources from it without telling anyone on my side. Crazy stupid stuff! It was the type of day that I would have come home looking for carbs or chocolate to soothe myself. I did have some nuts while I was making a greek salad, but nothing else. So that was dinner, greek salad with vegetarian sausages for protein, and a flavoured soda water, and it was satisfying. I never thought I’d see the day when I considered greek salad as comfort food! I did a second yoga workout as well to help me calm down. Like you though Julz, I was feeling like eating something, but recognizing it as an emotional thing rather than hunger.
    Butterlover – I’m with you on the getting to sleep earlier. I really need to do that too, especially as I have been getting up earlier to fit in exercise before work.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello!
    Well done arcticfox and WindyJulz for not succumbing to the carbs. I only wish I could say the same. I had a massive binge last night when babysitting the girls. I don’t know what’s wrong with me at the moment. My emotions are so up and down and I’m anxious a lot of the time. I have intrusive thoughts about my abusive ex, I had the most gruesome nightmare the night before last which stuck with me all day yesterday, I found out last night that a friend of mine just died and I’m sorely missing hugs. I also find myself crying more frequently, again.
    While I am feeling much more comfortable and feel like I look pretty good in my clothes looking at myself naked is another matter. It’s odd because I don’t carry these hang ups into relationships so much, if someone finds me attractive they just do, right? It’s me and how I feel about me. I’ve lost nearly 3 st total over the past 3 years and that is amazing BUT as I’ve mentioned earlier I just look floppier, loose I suppose. I am 48 so some of that’s down to aging I guess. Also whilst in active addiction I used substances to kind of ignore all of that stuff and remained in my head not in my body. (My head is just catching up with what’s really going on) I think I might be over sharing but it really helps to vocalise this stuff, I hope you don’t mind.
    I still feel like I’m at a crossroads, go on to the bitter end or break through and see what I can achieve for myself. I so want the latter to win out.
    A friend who is my NA sponsor is coming today to help me take a load of stuff to the tip, we are going to eat lunch and dinner together which will be so nice, all BSD friendly of course. Cheese and egg salad and fish with vegetables.
    I so want to beat this stuff, I guess no matter how the addiction plays out, regardless of what we use to try and change our feelings it all amounts to the same. How we feel about ourselves??? And what we do to cope???
    I’m teetering and I don’t like it!!!
    It’s great to read all your posts, keep on keeping on! Thank you! 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,i’m starting day 6 and know if I hadn’t joined the forum last week that I would have gone off plan a few times over the last few days.However,knowing that I would be posting stopped me from eating any of the chocolate cake I made for my daughters birthday and turning to food at every little stressful moment!I weighed myself daily for first 3 days and was losing 1lb a day but haven’t lost anything last 2 days so think I’m just going to weigh once a week as I know as long as I’m sticking to my food plan the weight will come off eventually and measurements will reduce so will weigh on Thursday this week.I had bad sleep last night as had leg cramps,I had forgotten I had these for days when I did this plan a year ago and sure I read on the forum that a dip of Malden salt may help?Hope everyone is having a good week,although I don’t post every day I read the posts and you are all keeping me motivated!
    Dawn

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi Rosyapple,just read your post as I posted mine and I’m not surprised you had a carb binge,my tiny stresses pale into insignificance!Just want you to know I have found your posts very inspiring over the last few days.
    Dawn

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Well done all, so glad this is a safe place for everyone.
    ADD6605, sounds good, and yes salt should help with cramps. I tend to have a black salty decaf coffee before bed, it replaces a snack, is warm and soothing and the salt makes it taste smooth and hopefully prevents cramps etc.

RosyApple – I really feel for you. I want to give you a big shove away from the edge, stop the teetering and then give you a hug! Dont let your ex ruin your journey, you’ve made it this far, you know you feel better for it and that you CAN achieve what you set your mind to. Come on, chin up, stay with us! Re your body – I think being ‘loose’ is part of this. My mum lost a lot of weight in her 60’s and she said to me she disliked her body more then than she had her whole obese adult life. It was really sad. I have taken something a personal trainer once said to me and run with it – i moisturise my whole body after a shower (I know most people probably do this anyway but body care has never been something I have partaken in). I make a wee ritual of it, i stretch at the same time and appreciate my shrinking body and looser skin. Now, you may already be good at this, but is there something you can do to treat yourself, treat your body, appreciate yourself?! You dont need to love looking at you naked body – i mean…..who really does…. but you need to make peace with it, recognise loose bits as an achievement, a bit like wrinkles on your face – they are evidence of a life well lived, the show where you have laughed, where you have cried and where you have been perplexed or angry…. embrace them, embrace your body, its been through everything alongside you head.
    Sounds like you have a good day planned, I’m sure some time with your sponsor will be good, step forward from yesterday, enjoy your day and your planned meals sound spot on!! You got this!!

Arcticfox – you sound like your in a good space!! I’m finding ‘carb cravings’ odd as i didnt think i was craving carbs per se – not tempted by usual white stuff, I just seem to want more of the good stuff, or borderline stuff….but I think thats trying to fill the gap, and the gap cannot be filled. So I’ll try a slice of cheese, its nice but i’m still yearning…. so maybe a yogurt….still a gap….a few nuts….nope….rainsin….nope… and so it goes on. I have realised, there is nothing good or bad i can eat that will change that so I’m at peace with the wee missing something – it never was found at the bottom of cake was it!! So yes Wendy – abstinence all the way!!
    I’ve been a bit like Britta and reading some old posts, it really helps adn i am finding in the inner calm….

Long may it continue!

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello!
    Well done arcticfox and WindyJulz for not succumbing to the carbs. I only wish I could say the same. I had a massive binge last night when babysitting the girls. I don’t know what’s wrong with me at the moment. My emotions are so up and down and I’m anxious a lot of the time. I have intrusive thoughts about my abusive ex, I had the most gruesome nightmare the night before last which stuck with me all day yesterday, I found out last night that a friend of mine just died and I’m sorely missing hugs. I also find myself crying more frequently, again.
    While I am feeling much more comfortable and feel like I look pretty good in my clothes looking at myself naked is another matter. It’s odd because I don’t carry these hang ups into relationships so much, if someone finds me attractive they just do, right? It’s me and how I feel about me. I’ve lost nearly 3 st total over the past 3 years and that is amazing BUT as I’ve mentioned earlier I just look floppier, loose I suppose. I am 48 so some of that’s down to aging I guess. Also whilst in active addiction I used substances to kind of ignore all of that stuff and remained in my head not in my body. (My head is just catching up with what’s really going on) I think I might be over sharing but it really helps to vocalise this stuff, I hope you don’t mind.
    I still feel like I’m at a crossroads, go on to the bitter end or break through and see what I can achieve for myself. I so want the latter to win out.
    A friend who is my NA sponsor is coming today to help me take a load of stuff to the tip, we are going to eat lunch and dinner together which will be so nice, all BSD friendly of course. Cheese and egg salad and fish with vegetables.
    I so want to beat this stuff, I guess no matter how the addiction plays out, regardless of what we use to try and change our feelings it all amounts to the same. How we feel about ourselves??? And what we do to cope???
    I’m teetering and I don’t like it!!!
    It’s great to read all your posts, keep on keeping on! Thank you! 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by Roheryn
    on

Hello, I started the F800 two weeks ago and have lost 9lb in the first two weeks. I lost a lot of weight with Sliming World a few years ago but put it back on as SW didn’t actually change my eating habits. I recently had some blood tests and my ALT was raised which is probably linked to my bmi so I decided enough was enough. I have found this so easy to stick too despite being a carb / sugar addict and I am amazed that my cravings for chocolate etc. have gone completely. I have been browsing here since I started for hints and tips and decided to join in. I have a long way to go but for the first time in a long time I feel confident that I can get back to my target weight and stay there and, more importantly, that I can stick to a healthier way of eating.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Welcome Roheryn, you have done the difficult bit and got started. So glad you ahve decided to join in and well done on the 9lbs and getting rid of the cravings! Its a good feeling being in control isnt it!!

• posted by AuroraB
    on

Hello – I’m so relieved and optimistic to join this forum! I have done my first week with the blood sugar diet, with my own slight modifications, and have got rid of 5 lbs. = 10 packets of lard!
    shall find it a positive help to check in hear and read what’s you are all writing about……

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Windyjulz,I will try some salt before bed tonight.
    Dawn

• posted by DoubleDutch
    on

Hi all,
    today was my weigh-in, like last week I discarded over a kilo. I can now see my real goal weight coming closer and closer. I’m still doing 2 meals a day, sometimes one, sometimes a 36 or 40/42 hour fast, whatever I feel like. 800 doesn’t really work for me, usually I hit at least 900, unless I eat just one meal. On average, with the fasting, I am close to 800.

I am watching Dr cywes now, thanks bryla for bringing that up. Like windyjulz described , he has a way of making me think, self reflect, quite confrontational, even. Just what I needed since I seem to consider going into maintenance although I’m not yet at target. Im not ready to give up raspberries and strawberries, though 🙂

Being around 5 kilos from target, I am thinking about how to do maintenance. I never ever want to gain this weight back. When I started, I thought about this in a diet kind of way. Back to normal after. Great way to gain everything back, I now realise. Over the last 5 months, this has changed. Now I say, I will eat normal after reaching target. But now, with the word normal, I mean low carb. Funny how my idea of normal has evolved. Still I wonder if I should switch to keto and see if Dr cywes and fung are really right and I will feel full before eating to much, or my body doesn’t use the calories to store fat. I can’t stay at fast 800 forever but letting it go is daunting.

At this point, I don’t miss the carbs, but am looking forward to eating more freely, without measuring, weighing, registering. But also terrified to let this go, even though now, on my ‘free’ days I hardly ever go over 1500. So really, what am I fretting about?!? Still scared.

It’s great to see this community grow bigger, thanks wendleg for the list of contributors. This forum is helping me in so many ways to stay on track, learn about this WOL and grow (but not in weight) and perhaps I can help people at some point myself. Thank you, all of you!
    DD

• posted by caronl
    on

#ADD6605(Dawn)
    Hi Dawn, Weird I know, but putting a bar of unwrapped ordinary soap in the bed has helped me a lot with cramp/restless legs. Might be worth a try, along with taking salt.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks caronl, I’m willing to try anything for a decent night’s sleep!
    Dawn

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

Today is cold and grey here so I’m pushing myself to go for a walk. I made a butternut squash soup yesterday, which was very tasty, so that was also lunch for today. The plan tonight is a smoked mackerel salad with avocado and lentils. I’m really looking forward to it without actually feeling massively hungry, which is an interesting sensation for me!

• posted by sweetgirl
    on

Starting today too!
    Hoping to change!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

So, day 2 done 🙂 I watched some YouTube videos on Dr Cywes – were really great; thanks to everyone for suggesting them. I had a bit of ‘head hunger’ earlier but did some housework and had some green tea instead, so feeling pleased. I’ll look forward to being lighter on my feet soon! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well x

• posted by EC
    on

good morning team-here I am at (I think) week 7….although my week 1 was an ease in so I’ll say 6!! …no matter as I’m here for as long as it takes-we have a tree night stay booked at Cradle Mountain end July (all the post COVID sales!) so that’s my next mini-goal
    Best news is that with the weight loss (though not dramatic has been slow and steady) my blood pressure (my main health risk apart from the pudge) has been much more stable-I’m sure the more regular yoga is helping there as well
    and small NSV-my T-shirt I’m wearing to bed is looking quite decent!-also have really managed to cut out the wine most days so that can’t hurt 😉 !! I’m booked in for a mammogram tomorrow so grateful that I won’t be baring quite as much flesh as last time!!
    DoubleDutch-I think you’re spot on with the challenges of maintenence-that’s definitely where I fell over when I did this WOE a few years back. We have a big family (5 kids) and when we all get together for a few days interstate, there’s a lot of feasting that goes on!! so like many others, I’m a little nervous of the post-lockdown socialising!
    Rosyapple, I hope your visit from your sponsor has you in a good place!
    had to get straight to me desk early today, so now the border collie is overdue a walk!! (at least the frost has melted today!)
    have a great day all

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone, I had another day of not doing too badly at all. Still lots of crazy ridiculous stuff happening at work, but my new supervisor was back in the office today so I told him what was going on and hopefully it will get sorted out in one way or another. I was just eating my breakfast of eggs at 11am when my estate agent called and said ‘you have a viewing at 3:30pm’, and of course it was the one day where I had left laundry hanging to dry and dishes in the sink, so I had to go home and clean up on my lunch hour. Luckily my new supervisor is sympathetic as he just had to sell his house in the middle of the pandemic and move part way across the country to start his job. Just as I got back to work, my estate agent texted me to say that we have more viewings tomorrow and on Friday. So I promised not to mess up the kitchen this evening.
    I ended up getting a takeaway from a burger place, but they let you have a lettuce wrap instead of a bun and salad instead of chips, so that is what I had, and it was surprisingly nice. All the flavours of the real thing without that heavy, stodgy feeling after from eating all the carbs. I’m very proud of myself because I’ve never ordered substitutions like that before, thinking that it wouldn’t be the same as the real thing, and now that I know that it is actually better than the real thing, I’ll be sure to do it again!
    Anyway, my day was not over yet, because my estate agent called again at 9pm to tell me that the person who viewed my flat today will be putting in an offer tomorrow. So fingers crossed everyone that it is a decent one. If so, I’m chuffed to think I might be able to move and be reunited with my horse before the end of summer!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All, thank you Wendy and Sunny and everyone else for the support.

I’m on day 9, and talk about a NSV, I’ve lost 2.5″ from my waist- is this real???!!! Like, this diet seriously does what it says on the tin!! Measured same time of day too. Calorie-wise, I’m mostly near 800, with a couple of days over 900 and one just below 800….still working on getting it as good as I can.

• posted by Britta
    on

Great to read the various bits of good news this morning, well done people! Arctic fox the burger story resonated a lot. I still love burgers, they’re easy to adapt to family (they go for the carb option) and you can really go to town on the toppings front when you don’t have the buns and chips. If you haven’t tried I often make green bean chips for me (frozen green beans, oil salt, roast in the oven till crisp).
    I’m angry with the world today (hormones, 3 months lockdown and nothing but rain…), so having to dig deep. I’n not particularly bothered about eating stuff, I’d just really like to punch/shout at someone :-D. It will of course pass eventually.
    Have a good day!

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi all,
    I’m still in! Had a stall in the weight loss since last week. I’ve been a bit too relaxed in my eating, and need to get serious again. Not too bothered though as I can still see the measurements are going down. Since starting this WOE in Jan I have lost 12 cm on my waist, 10 cm over the bum, 7 cm off each thigh, 3 cm per arm etc. Result! And more to come, I hope.
    @ellieallegra, just wanted to say that I have become almost free from joint pain and inflammation since starting this WOE. It of course also helps to have lost 13 kg, in taking pressure off the joints. I had serious problems with my hips at the end of last year, could not sleep at night without ibuprofen, and ended up having 3 injections of cortisone in my hips. While this was working, I started very careful rehab training for my hips with a personal trainer at my gym. This has helped me a lot, the cortisone has worn off and for some time I had increased pain again, but then it turned and has gotten less and less. I’ve had my hip problems on and off for the last 20 years. It was really one of the main reasons I wanted to lose weight. I’m feeling better now that in many years. So there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    @rosyapple, please check in and let us know you are ok. You seem to be on an emotional roller coaster, and I’m not surprised after you have been though with abusive Ex and addiction. What I’ve seen of you here is a caring, thoughtful, considerate person. Please spend some of that care, thoughtfulness and consideration on yourself. You are so worth it! I’m also convinced that you have so much to offer in helping others with addiction, as you say you would like to do, so keep that up as a glowing goal.
    Wishing a great week to all!

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Thanks Olive_1, that’s great to hear! 🙂 I’m not fairing too badly today. Had a nice salmon salad for lunch and will have the other half this evening. I’ve been trying to have more water today….got a bit bloated from too much sparkling water yesterday so I think so will ease off on that. I’ve seen my local supermarket does frozen packs of single serving cauliflower rice, so might get some. I’ve made my own in the past (only eaten with sauces!), but having ready done packets might save some time and mess and reduce my wastage. I tried freezing my own but didn’t come out too well! I’m starting to consider lots of low carb alternatives for things. I want this to be a long term change and I know creating some flexible options in the future will be a good idea. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy x

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    This is a very quick check in after a very busy day . I need to catch up properly but just wanted to say to articfox that that is great news about getting an offer for your property . Fingers crossed !

Welcome sweetgirl ! You have come to the right place for support and encouragement as you start out.

Where is Clarinet Cathy ? ?

Rosy /Jo are you Ok ???

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Going well. 3k down. Only 30 to go. TRE has really helped. I’ve ramped up the exercise with 3 weight sessions per week , at home, and 3 x 6k walks. Feeling good.

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Wendy and everyone else, I am here! I have rescued a little cat. It all happened very quickly. I have been so busy settling him in and training him that I haven’t had time to post. I have been worrying about him. He was very stressed but we have turned a corner and he is lovely. My Big Bob died suddenly last July and I was distraught. I contacted the lady from the cat sanctuary at the end of last week to see if she would be rehousing and she informed me that a lovely cat was available so I now have a lovely little tabby called Monty.

I weighed myself is morning and was very happy to see that I was 148.8. I was 151 last week. My weight is coming down, albeit slowly. My next small step will be to achieve 145. I had planned to slim down enough to be comfortable in my tight white jeans for my birthday next week. Thankfully, The weather has turned so I don’t think I will be needing to wear them!!!!! Phew! it might be nearer to the end of lockdown here in the UK when they fit! That would be a lockdown win!

Lovely to read some fantastic weight loss stories week. I love the enthusiasm that this way of eating creates and love that the initial fast weight loss is really motivating.

I am learning about balance in my life. I am learning not to be too hard on myself. I am going to achieve my goal and it doesn’t matter if it takes forever. I will keep chipping away. I have been chipping away since 2017. I took my eye off the prize last year and gradually put on 10 lbs. Those excess pounds are going!

Have a great week everyone. I am in this with you all for the long haul.

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Thanks for the good thoughts, Wendy. The offer came in and it was a very good one, so I have accepted it. It is subject to a chain though, so we are keeping my flat on the market until that is sorted at least. And my estate agent has lined up yet another viewing, so all good here.
    I didn’t manage much food today while at work, so I was starving hungry by the end of the day. I felt like celebrating when I got home, and was craving carbs and chocolate, but I told myself it was real food that I needed, so I had eggs and veggie curry left over from the weekend instead.
    Clarinet Cathy – glad the scale is moving for you. I know how hard won that discard is!
    Britta – thanks for the idea about the green bean chips. I am not being too adventurous in the kitchen right now because I always make such a mess and I need to keep things very tidy for the next few days, but definitely something to try when I’m back to cooking. If the move goes as plans, I should be able to have a proper veggie garden (as opposed to my little balcony garden), and beans are definitely a favourite to grow as they taste so much better homegrown than shop bought. We had an allotment in my family when I was growing up and we grew lots and lots of beans. I do have some runner beans growing on my balcony right now, but it has been so cold for the past month that they are seriously stunted, so I don’t know if I’ll actually get any beans before I have to move.

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello!
    Thanks Olive1 and Wendleg for asking after me 🧡
    I am an emotional rollercoaster at present! And I feel I could write a book here…
    I had a gain of 1lb today which is no surprise as I went off the rails on Monday evening and have been overeating (BSD friendly) all week. I think this is largely due to feeling nauseous which I have discovered in all probability to be a drop in blood pressure. The doctor would not see me to confirm this but has halved the dose on my prescription and told me to see how it goes for the next 2 weeks. Good news if that’s what it is. It felt very similar to low blood sugar which was very confusing and unsettling…
    So, focus is what’s needed right now and some planning also, which seems to work for me.
    My parents came to visit yesterday which was lovely but is also making me sad for some reason. Though after talking to Charlie earlier, the midwife who’s children I care for, I understand a drop in blood pressure can cause a drastic drop in mood. Mmmm.
    Anyway, out of character my parents gave me £350 as a very early birthday present towards a new car which has freed up some cash for a new speaker or to put towards a fridge freezer for all this fresh food I’m eating! Also have 2 comfy, red, 2 seater sofas coming my way from my sister as she’s going for an upgrade. I can finally get my house back in order after much disruption caused by the ex. Getting there!!! I am (insert swear word) determined!!
    Have a great day all, enjoyed catching up with you all 🧡🌹🍏

• posted by BlueSkyz
    on

Hi,
    Been reading posts here for a while, everyone seems very positive and encouraging. I don’t normally post so this is my first time. I’m in my first week, main goal is to be healthy and lose weight – there’s lots to lose. Started jogging this morning and thought I’m carrying the equivalent of a small person with me 😬 trying to imagine how it will feel when I’ve achieved my goal. I’ve spent a lot of years with a mental block around weight so changing that will take time. Look forward to reading more about everyone’s challenges and successes, very motivating thank you!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Oh Rosyapple, I’m so glad you have posted, was worried about you yesterday. I think that this way of eating is more than just changing what we put in our bodies, it is a journey of self-discovery and that is very emotional. We have to examine our relationship with food and for a lot of us i think that brings up some difficult things and it takes a bit of strength and grit to push through. I have had a sad couple of weeks but feeling a better now. Sounds like you have a lot of positive things going on as well as the sad moments, have you thought about posting on the Positive Thoughts thread everyday? I find it good for the soul to remember, even when it feels black, there are good things going on.

Welcome Blueskyz – you will find lots of support here. Well done on starting in with this way of eating and for the jogging!! I’m the same, done a little bit of running and hope it is easier as i get lighter…… but to be honest, the best thing is to do it regularly as if i have a break for 10+ days I find it hard even being a stone down! Maybe with another stone off it’ll be easier for me….. who am i kidding, i feel great after a wee run but the actual running is horrible! haha!! How are you finding the food on week one? Keep us posted on how you are getting on!!

I’ve had a fairly good few days (well there may have been some wine last night – it was a long day at the office followed by a professional development seminar in the evening, the weather was foul so a glass of wine won over walking in the rain! On the upside, i totally resisted the call to eat dark chocolate after the wine which is a new achievement!)
    Yesterday was a 24hr fast, broken with roast cauliflower and bacon and wine! On calorie target following a good Monday and Tuesday so heres hoping I can power on through the next two days. Although, I usually have black coffee in the mornings and i just treated myself to a coffee with cream as the cream was out of date yesterday and i want o waste as little as possible……. think it also shows ive been more controlled over the treat coffees this week! Go me! Anyway, wont have any cream left for afternoon treat cup so it will balance out! Weather looks better today and I ahve a chum visiting this afternoon so an early finish from work may be on the cards…… ok so i actually am starting early these days so its probably not an early finish….. but earlier than normal!

Hope you are all having a good week – enjoyed reading updates.

xx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi,it’s day 8 and I’m 5lbs down and 1 inch off waist so quite happy with that.leg cramps have gone (thanks WindyJulz and caronl) I’m having more salt and tried the bar of soap,accidentally kicked it out of bed in middle of the night and it bounced off the wall (which made me jump out of my skin) so not sure if it was working but will give it another go if leg cramps return!Haven’t felt hungry at all even though some days I fall below 800 cals a bit but did have major cravings yesterday for kettle chips which I have in pantry for my daughter and husband but resisted which was huge change for me.I’m finding it difficult to drink enough water,I don’t really like flavoured water,prefer it plain so will start using a water app I downloaded ages ago and see if it helps.Hope everyone has a good day.
    Dawn

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Rosy, so pleased to see you here again and with some positives too. Glad that you have a possible reason for your dip in mood …. hopefully with the adjustment in your meds, things will balance out. Lovely that you have seen your folks and that you now have some available funds to help rebuild your home. That gsined pound is negligible and I wouldn’t give it any credence …. it will soon be history again.

Blueskyz, welcome aboard. I could not have reach goal without the support of the lovely people on the forum. We endeavour to share experience based knowledge and advise as best we can, when things get difficult. Please keep us posted on your progress and shout out if you have a question or are struggling and someone will reach out.

Julz, well done on the fast and no excess on breaking it. Like you, I’ve recently been too easily called by the dark choc in the late evening even though I know this has nothing to do with hunger or any real need. Well done on resisting last night …. will try to take a leaf out if your book myself tonight.

CC, soooooo envious of your new furry friend. We had to let our cat go about four years ago now and I still miss having that extra heart beat in the house. As we travel a lot, it wouldn’t be fair to have another at the moment ….. but one day. Congrats on the scales result and I’m sure you’ll be in those white jeans before lockdown ends.

Ricoh, your drive is almost palpable! Great results too.
    Arcticfox, really pleased you got a good offer on your flat and well done for resisting the carb based celebration too.
    AuroraB, welcome to the weekly thread and well done on your great result to date. We’ll look forward to sharing your progress.
    DD, congrats on making steady progress and having your goal in sight. But more importantly, congrats on your adjustment in your attitude to what ‘normal’ eating will look like in maintenance. It is essential to embrace the fact that to go back to eating in our old pattern, would inevitably bring us back to where we were.

It’s so good to see the positivity here and the determination even in the face of temptation and/or adversity. Keep on keeping on!

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi Everyone .Im pleased with myself I have been to the gym 3 times this week.I am missing breakfast everyday and I have heavily reduced my carbs.There is still an occasional piece of bread and too many cashews after dinner but I feel that I’m making progress.I weigh everyday and seeing a small downward trend .Next goal is to count calories and macros more strictly.Its unusual for me to be feeling so positive so I’m enjoying it.I dont count weeks as I am changing for the long term , focussed on health.Ihope everyone is also having small wins.

• posted by Britta
    on

With apologies that this is a bit personal, but can I just ask if anyone has any experience of hormonal disturbances / late/missed periods since being on this diet? – asking for a friend who is going out of her mind….

• posted by zuzuvela
    on

Hello all, work has been really busy so I haven’t had much time to post. Everything is on track with one change that I’ve been increasing the amount of raw vegetables I eat (having vegetable instead of other snacks) and also vegetable soup. What helps is that I have a weekly salad and vegetable box so plenty of salad leaves to finish up. The great thing is that you feel full much quicker, especially if you have a bag of radishes before dinner (my new favourite snack…!). Another reason to do this is to help with the transition from Fast800 so I’m hoping that having lots of this will help me stay on track. I’m really enjoying it and if I have space I’ll still have 7 almonds too. I focus my evening meal on lean protein (chicken or fish) and vegetables, making sure I also get a good dose of olive oil for the healthy fats.

• posted by EllieAllegra
    on

Hi everyone – hope you are all well. I’ve had a tough Day 4 but have made it through 🙂
    @britta – when I first tried F800 at the start of the year (before I came off track, was poorly and then coronavirus came along), I found it did mess my hormone cycles up but did settle again after a few weeks. Not sure if that helps but stress certainly doesn’t!
    Good to hear everyone is doing well. I struggled today (could be hormones too), but have felt hungry and restless. Still, I stuck to 2 F800 meals and lots of water, but did give in and have some carrot sticks and hummus later on. It took me over my calories but my carbs overall for today have still been alright. I know it will take time to adjust so am trying to stay positive and take each day one at a time. Other than those in my immediate household, I’ve not told any other family or friends what I’m doing and that has been pretty easy due to lockdown but I know I’ll have to let peoole know once we may be able to socialize more….I hope I’ll have had some noticeable weight loss by then! I also hope that my joint pain improves so that I can look forward to being more active outside…hopefully before summer ends.
    Anyway, take care everyone and here’s to a fabulous Friday 🙂 x

• posted by Rosyapple
    on

Hello everyone!
    I am struggling here, I’m super emotional and my eating is all over the place and I’m finding it hard to stay on track. I had a couple of tiffin squares yesterday and lots of milk in drinks*. Drinking tea with the last of the milk as we speak and it actually tastes disgusting. *Though did refuse the offer of bakery goods later in the day!
    I’m tired and have lots to do that I don’t feel like doing, my head is going ten to the dozen. It feels make or break time (still) and I’m not sure what’s holding me back. I’m viewing my body in a negative way even though I’ve made such progress. It seems like a long way to go….
    Give me strength!!! 🌹🍏

• posted by Olive_1
    on

Hi Rosyapple, am sending some strength your way!!
    Don’t know if this helps, but when I get into those super chaotic situations (mentally) I try to sit down, close my eyes, breath and mentally try to pull in all those loose tentacles (thoughts) that are all over the place. I literally have this picture in my head that I’m winding everything back inside, that I need to protect me from spreading my energy too thinly across all these issues that are not doing me any good. Once you can picture yourself doing that, imagine that you close yourself – now your energy is for you only and spend it on things that are good for you.
    Don’t dwell on what has gone wrong, thing of one thing you can do that is nice for you, perhaps a walk, a nice bath, a good film tonight?
    Keep going! You can do this!

Please log in or register to post a reply.